★ Farewell

The Way You Glance

-Final Part-

Chorong has always believed that things happen for a reason, like when you fall off a bike, it’s not because you were careless or the road was bumpy, but it could mean that you should slow down and enjoy the beautiful surrounding around you. Or when you cry at the painful memories, you’re not sad because it happened; you just wished you had done better to please that someone.

And when you fall in love, you know you can’t run away from it, but sometimes you wished if you held back just as aggressively, maybe no one would get hurt, and things could return back to normal.

That was exactly how Chorong felt every time she saw Luhan from distance. She tried not to appear broken in front of Luhan, but sometimes when she broke down at night, she kept wishing how she shouldn’t have let her heart opened up for him.

And their last encounter in library was still too much for Chorong to grasp. She felt breathless when she saw the eyes that were looking at her longingly. She wanted to tell him to stop giving him that look, but words failed to come out. She was too embarrassed suddenly, because she knew she missed that look in his eyes. And the sound of his voice; Chorong was shaken deeply when he spoke to her.

She wanted to feel numb against all that, but she was far too attached to do so.

⊙ω⊙

Luhan picked up his blanket that fell on the floor and tossed it onto his bed. Luhan checked his phone for any new voice mail from his parents but apparently his parents didn’t leave any. He began punching numbers and it connected to his mom’s phone right away.

“Mom?” He asked almost in relief.

“Oh Luhan. Yes dear?”

“How are you? And dad? And any news on grampa?”

“We’re all fine. Grampa is still sleeping, same old. What about you? How are you hanging on? When will you return?”

“I-” Luhan paused, and swallowed back. “I will mom, soon. I just need to settle a few things.”

“I see. Oh and your dad will be going to Korea this weekend. Maybe you can ask him to help you with the college transfer.”

“Okay mom,” he said bitterly. “I will.”

“Okay,” Tianyu paused for some time before getting back to Luhan. “Oh son, I need to get back to your grampa. I’ll call you later, okay?”

“Okay mom,” Luhan nodded casually. “Take care. Bye”

“You too, son. Bye.”

⊙ω⊙

Luhan has been guarding the door like a loyal watch dog. He couldn’t stop himself from walking back and forth in front of the door to LR 15, a psychology class where Chorong signed up for. When he saw the students began bidding the professor off, Luhan stopped almost instantly and began standing against the white wall of the hallway. Students began pouring out of the room, and when he finally spotted Chorong, Luhan grabbed his hand and dragged her away from the crowd. Some students were shocked by his sudden appearance but nevertheless made a cheer when they saw him pulling Chorong away.

“Park Chorong, heol!”

Yoksi uri Rongmama.”

Chorong however was dumbfounded and clueless of the whole situation. She didn’t even get to see the owner of the hand that was holding tightly onto hers but she saw the jersey number plastered on his back and her mind finally rang.

Chorong tried to shrug and twist her hand free; she was already embarrassed as it was, and to have Luhan do anything as he pleased, it began to drive her mad.

Luhan finally stopped when they entered an empty class at the end of the corridor. He turned around, still holding her hand just as tightly.

“What is wrong with you?” Chorong spat harshly. “Do you have any idea how embarrassed I am? Do you like playing with my emotions that much? Don’t you think you’ve already done enough?”

“I need to talk to you.”

“Let go,” she jeered sharply. “Now.”

Luhan let loose of his grip and Chorong drew back quickly that his nail grazed against her wrist. “What?”

“I have something important to tell you.”

“What?” Chorong was getting impatient. Her eyes began turning red, and the burning sensation behind her nose was starting to hurt her. “Just tell me- quickly.”

“I’m sorry,” he managed slowly, raising his gaze into hers. “I am really, really sorry for what I did to you. You have no right to be treated that way, and I have no right, at all, to make you feel that way. I know it’s too late, but I hope you could forgive me.”

“It is,” Chorong cut across his sharply. “It is a little too late.”

“I’m sorry,”

“Stop saying that,” Chorong turned away, and tears fall on her right cheek.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you,’ Luhan said gently as he took another step towards her. Chorong backed away immediately when she sensed his closeness,

“Don’t take another step, Luhan,” Chorong held out her hand, sending him a sign that he should stop moving forward. “I mean it.”

“I want you to know why I did what I did,” Luhan took another step forward, taking her hand into his grip. He linked fingers and pulled her close. Chorong was taken aback; it took him almost effortlessly to have her drawn so close to him and it shook Chorong like a slap across her face, and her knees felt wobbly when she could taste the masculine smell of sweet deodorant and sweat.

“I don’t want to know,” she breathed, avoiding his intense gaze as she continued to push him away.

“Chorong,” Luhan wiped her tears with his thumb as his gaze constantly pierced at hers. “When I said I liked you, I mean it, and I will never stop having feelings for you. I like you, a lot and these days, I couldn’t sleep thinking how much you cried that night because of me.”

“Luhan, stop,” she called helplessly. “I don’t want to know the reasons why you did. It might hurt me even more, and I’m done of getting hurt in love. C’mon Luhan, let me go now, please.”

“I’m really sorry,” Luhan’s voice trembled in fear and his red eyes hurt Chorong just as much. “I really am.”

“Luhan,” Chorong pleaded, and another tears hit her cheek and it fell on Luhan’s hand that was cupping her face. “Stop saying sorry-"

Luhan pulled Chorong in his embrace and hugged her so tightly that any remaining air between them, was squeezed out

“I’m going away.”

“What?” And it made her stop breathing when she repeated the question. “What are you saying?”

“The reason why I couldn’t face you at the airport was because I might not be able to stay any longer if you said yes to me. I will only hurt you, and I don’t want that.”

“I don’t understand, Luhan,” Chorong cried, and tears couldn’t stop from wetting both her rosy cheeks. “Tell me exactly what you mean.”

“I will have to leave soon. Chorong, I can’t stay. I can’t stay by your side any longer.” Tears hit Luhan’s cheek eventually as he lowered his gaze. The second drop of tear fell on her brown hair, and it finally woke her up. This was not a dream, and what Luhan said was true.

Chorong ignored the lump she felt in . She remained silent in his warm embrace, and she finally drew her hand and wrapped around his back.

 “Why?”

“I can’t abandon my family. They wanted to move back to China because they felt bad for grampa. And I can’t leave them alone”

“Okay,” Chorong was certain tasted like a bitter medication. “I got it.”

“Chorong-”

“Luhan,” Chorong called softly as she raised her chin. She looked at Luhan in the eyes and gave him the sweetest smile ever. “Thank you, for not abandoning your family. And thank you for not making me the reason for you to stay here. I guess, we are not meant to be, huh?”

“Chorong,” Luhan held her face carefully in his gaze. “My feelings for you won’t change.”

“Don’t say that. You don’t know what will happen in the future. You might find someone else, and I might end up with someone else, and I don’t want you to promise me things you’re not certain about.”

And tears fell again on Luhan’s cheek when she stifled a short smile at him. Luhan leaned in and pressed his lips onto her. He cradled her head softly when he her small mouth and explored the warm sweetness inside. Luhan pulled her close, hugging her waist firmly as though she was his most precious treasure. Chorong stood on her toes, wrapping hands around his neck.  They both shared the passionate, possibly their last kiss together.

The kiss broke off minutes later, and Chorong wiped Luhan’s tears when she looked deep in his red eyes. “Don’t cry,” she comforted. “I’m not that worth it.”

Luhan shook his head and pulled her into his arms. He planted a tender kiss on her forehead, and Chorong cried in his arms.

I love you, and I don’t know if I could ever stop.

⊙ω⊙

Weeks passed by in a few blinks and Luhan was already looking around at all the filled up brown boxes scattered around his living room. Tomorrow’s morning would be day he has been dreaded to face.

Luhan neared a box hat filled only photo frames, and when he picked up one, he was struggling against his tears. He traced the frame carefully, and smiling like a fool  at the big grin plastered across Xiumin’s face.

I will miss you a lot buddy.

Luhan placed back the photo and threw a sad look around the empty house that once filled with familiarity and comfort. It felt surreal suddenly that he won’t be able to sleep in hid bed, eat in the dining room, watch tv in this same spot he was standing anymore. He looked at the boxes and realized that he was not only packing some concrete evidence that used to decorate the house, he was actually packing most of his life away, and to be frank he was not  sure if he was okay with that.

His phone vibrated in his pocket and Luhan took it out and slid his thumb across the flat screen.

 “Xiumin,” he called out, holding back his soft sobs, “Hey.”

“Dude, are you seriously not going to show at tonight’s game? C’mon man, we all miss you.”

“Dude, I can’t. I’m afraid if I ever show up I won’t have enough strength left to leave tomorrow.”

“Dude,” Xiumin purred at the end of the line. “That’s not cooooool at all.”

“Xiumin you face,” Luhan said firmly. “It’s not like we’re never going to see each other again. Send my regards to the coach, and the boys too. Break a ing leg tonight. Just because I’m not there to watch over you guys, doesn’t mean you are allowed to lose, okay?”

“You dip,” Xiumin spat, and his voice began to tremble. “We’ll miss you man.”

“Good luck,” Luhan said, teary-eyed. “And don’t cry, like seriously. It’s disgusting to look at.”

“ you,” Xiumin sobbed hard. “I hate you man.”

“Me too,” Luhan scoffed. “A lot.”

“Okay, I have to go now. We need to get ready for tonight’s game. I’ll come by your house later tonight, okay?”

“You don’t have to,” Luhan declined politely. “You’re just gonna make it even tougher for both of us. Win tonight’s game, and I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“I hate you, okay, like a lot,” Xiumin spat briskly and ended the conversation.

Luhan scoffed and threw his phone away.

⊙ω⊙

Luhan picked the fries in his bowl with the tip of his chopsticks and stirred the food soullessly. He raised some and forced himself to eat. He stopped after two spoons and left the food unattended on the table. He felt sick learning that his last meal in the house would be some western junk. He craved for some Korean food, bibimbap, tteobukki or even some grilled hanwoo.

Luhan made his way through the boxes and looked for his phone at the couch. His search was stopped when he heard the doorbell rang. He sighed, and began cursing Xiumin for neglecting his words.

“I thought I told you-”

Luhan stopped, and remained speechless when he saw her standing in her doorway.

“Chorong,” he breathed out, slightly dazzled.

“You cannot make me leave,” Chorong said firmly as if she could read Luhan’s mind. She held out a packed dinner to him and said, “I will only leave once I see you finishing every last bite of this food.”

She swallowed, and barged through Luhan’s arms and invited herself inside. Luhan bit his lips and nodded like a fool.

“Okay,” he said, shutting the door close.

Luhan made his way into the kitchen and stood against the wall as he watched her prepare the food diligently. She fumbled through the kitchen for some empty plates, and was about to break into tears when she realized everything is packed.

So he was actually leaving, huh?

Luhan felt uneasy, and guilty looking at her like that. He entered the kitchen, grabbed the only bowl he had earlier, tossed out the fries inside the bin, washed it together with the last pair of chopstick and rinsed them off when he was done. He grabbed a chair and made Chorong sat next to her.

Luhan opened every single dish;  all 4 of them and lined them up in a single line. The nice smell filled in air and entered their noses in seconds. Luhan’s stomach began to grumble as he forked out the hot rice into his bowl.

“Did you make all this?’

“No,” Chorong suppressed her sobs. “My mom did. I told him to cook your favorite meal. She wanted to invite you over, but I don’t want spend tonight sharing you with my family. It’ll be too much of a waste.”

Luhan turned to look at her, but Chorong avoided his gaze and urged to get up. Luhan grabbed her hand and made her sit again.

“Don’t leave,’ he said without looking at her face. “You told me you won’t leave until you see me finishing all this. Keep your words.”

“Okay,” Chorong said finally.

It was if Luhan purposely wanted to stall the time, but Chorong never once questioned him. She sat next to him, quiet and faithfully waited him to finish his dinner. She was actually writhing inside; she didn’t want to leave his side, ever,

“Your eyeballs will pop out if you keep staring at me,” Luhan finally said, poking a rolled-egg with his chopstick. He raised his egg and offered it to Chorong. “Eat up,” he said. “This is some serious egg rolls.”

“Luhan,” Chorong’s voice was dry. “Are you okay?”

“What?” He asked, withdrawing his hand back and stuff his mouth instead with the egg roll.

“Are you okay?”

“No,” he admitted bitterly. “But you’re not supposed to know that because I don’t want to appear weak in front of you.”

“Luhan,” she called again, and tears began to fill her eyes. “Do you have any last wish? Tell me, and I’ll make them come true tonight.”

Luhan grinned as he took a bite at the kimchi. “That sounds erted, don’t  you think?”

“Luhan,” she called again, and her voice was too firm for him.

“No,” he said quickly. “They all came true already, and I don’t have anymore wish.”

“Luhan.”

“What?” He asked again.

“Luhan. Luhan. Luhan.” she called over and over again, and tears broke out finally.Chorong cried, and Luhan put down his chopsticks and pulled her in his arms.“I don’t get to call your name again,” she cried in his shoulder. Luhan gulped down  at her crying voice and her back. “If I tell you to stay, you can’t stay okay? You cannot leave your family, and you cannot let me make you stay.”

“Chorong,” he comforted her as he kissed her ears. “Stop talking.’

“I will miss you, Luhan” Chorong cried even more at the sound of his sad voice. “I will miss you a lot. And I want you to know that you’re the best thing I never had. You taught me many new things, and you never once turned you back on me when I needed you, and I really appreciate that. I want you to know that, my answer will always be yes. When I told you I changed my answer, you shouldn’t have believed me. I never changed my answer. It’s a yes, and will always be, okay?”

Luhan nodded as he pulled her close. “Okay.”

“I love you,” she said again, and Luhan kissed her when she held her chin up. He then kissed her eyes, the tip of her nose, her two cheeks and he finally returned back to her lips.

“I love you too.”

⊙ω⊙

Luhan pushed his luggage in front of him, and it slid with no friction at all, as though his leaving was welcomed. Xiumin was walking next to him, and he didn't utter any word since he first picked him up. They both finally stopped when they reach the departure gate.

Xiumin scanned around, only realizing that that point was what separated him and his best friend. He couldn't step inside, and Luhan couldn't move out.

"I guess, this is it huh?" 

"Xiumin," Luhan called almost too gently. "C'mon man, you promised me you won't cry. Dude, we're in airport. People say goodbye all the time here."

"Dude," Xiumin said defensively. "Last time I sent you off, I didn't cry because I knew you would come back. But this feels different."

"Xiumin," he called again, looking at Xiumin's fallen expression.

"Good bye," Xiumin waved slightly. "I guess I see you when I see you, huh?"

Luhan smiled bitterly, and waved back becasue the annoucemetn wanted all passenger boarding China Airline to board immediately as the gate will be closed in less than 10 minutes.

"Take care, man." Luhan said, fist-bumping Xiumin.

"I will," Xiumin nodded, and his nose began to turn red. "Call me- or don't, whatever."

"I wil dude," Luhan grinned, and waved again before he entered the gate. "Definitely." He turned his back and forced his feet to continue to walk forward. As time passed, he managed to summon new courage when he finally boarded the plane.

Hello, new China. Please take care of me.

Farewell, Korea. I won't forget you, ever.

...

The End

 

OMG THIS TOO EMOTIONAL FOR ME I HAVE TO CRY

/inhales/ /exhales/

Well, I guess this is the final part of this story. I know it's not really a short story, but I hope this ending will make up for any lacking aspect of the story.

I don't quite know what else to say, other thank THANK YOU SO ING MUCH for supporting me throughout this process T.T you never knew how much I value each and everyone of you (especially my regular readers  

I feel attached to my characters and I won't lie, separating myself from them is kinda hard. But, every story deserves an ending and I can only hope this ending is the best for them.

Don't forget to comment and upvote. I would really appreciate that.

Oh and if you know any other exopink shipper, kindly pormote(?) my story to them, okay? :D

Thank you all, once again, and have a nice day.

P/S : I'm actually very busy with my school life, so Idk if I have all the time to write another exopink story, but since I'm in the process of writing a one-shot on ChoHan couple, I hope that would do for the meantime. But I will definitely continue with my exopink series :3

 

 

 

tumblr_n00aoc0P2f1qc4nspo1_250.giftumblr_n00aoc0P2f1qc4nspo2_250.gif 

CHOHAN FTW

 

poster and gif credit  (<--jennyrose1994, is this yours :) )