★ A distance-away glance

The Way You Glance

There was a time when Luhan wondered why did people agreed to be tied together for the rest of their life through marriage. He liked the idea of getting butterflies in bellies and what not, and he certainly would like his heart to be moved by A girl, but the thing was, when you're about to enter college and you still haven't got caught in a love game, how can the idea of marriage seem wonderful? Let's see, the last time Luhan ever got into relationship was when he was 10.

He chuckled to himself at the memories that suddenly came by. The first love letter, the moments of sharing cotton candy, the chase around the closest park to their houses couldn't really suggest how in love he was with that girl whose birthdy he didn't even know.

That was definitely not love. That was just play times.

A rising sound of a truck from outside his window startled him. As curiousity struck him, Luhan quickly tossed his iPod touch, dismounted his single sized-bed and shuffled across the room towards the big window. He settled on the attached couch and craned his neck carefully over the glass pane. A white, battered old moving truck slid into the lawn of the house next to his.

Oh look! New neighbours.

The truth is, ever since the poor Jung couple lost their only son in a car plane crash last Christmas, things have never be the same, or normal. Living in a house which his son bought for them seemed to be a painful reminder; which is why they thought of renting that big house and just move elsewhere. It appeared like a better choice at that time. And perhaps it still is, since the new neighbours are finally moving in. Luhan squinted his eyes and scanned for the new neighbours, out of curiosity that is. He has this tendency to watch people, observe their behaviour, and understand their trait- unique trait.

 There were 3 people all together, possibly, and the family seemed a lot livelier than the Jungs. The apparent excitement over the new house, no doubt. He unknowingly smiled along as his eyes trailed the overly gestures made by each family member. A man entered his new house, juggling two big boxes, appeared to be in mid 50s, has a well-built but big, cosy frigure; strong enough to take care a family of 10 if possible. A woman walked behind him, also entering the house. She had modestly long jet black hair with the warmest smile Luhan has ever laid his eyes on, plastered across her tender face. She  seemed to be in early 40s. A young teenage girl with nice body figure fanned herself furiously as she struggled with a box that seemed heavy enough even for a man like himself. Her honey colored hair shone under the scorching sun and Luhan noticed her small pink lips mumbled something to herself.

 He wondered if he just got too engrossed with his people-watching habit?

As Luhan was about to turn around away from his window, feeling embarrassed, a loud honk from a mini car surprised him. He raised his brows, and stared. A young woman, probably older than the first girl he saw, pushed open her car door and waved frantically at the first girl. The first girl, who seemed lifeless at first instantly lit up and ran towards the young woman. Despite their totally different looks, they seemed close to one another. The loud shrieks they two made when they rejoiced might have startled their parents because seconds later the couple ran lightly but hurriedly towards their newly arrived daughter. They exchanged hugs and kisses, and when the young woman turned around and flipped her hair, Luhan felt a rush of blood all over his body, almost like an instant electrostatic shockwave. Luhan stood still, completely swept off by her beauty. She has dark hair that was effortlessly beautiful but then sometimes sunshine would catch it and turn it to brown- perfect streaks of brown locks. Her smile was not wide, but the happiness was genuinely shown. He liked the way she expressed her longingness towards her family, and he liked how she dragged her little sister towards her car and made her do all the heavy lifting. He liked the way she would then hug her pouting sister. He liked the way she looked at their parents and just smiled, as if she's filling them in on some heavy secrets. And he just liked the way she gazed, carefully but carelessly in a way, around the neighbourhod, nodding to herself, probably thinking this must be one hell of a decent place to live.

And then she glanced up and met his eyes- Luhan's eyes. 

---

 

 

So, here you have it :D

The first part of this story.

Please leave comments, and to any new readers, please subscribe :)