★ The Party

The Way You Glance

Hayoung studied hard at her step sister picking up a red wine from a wine cellar in their basement. She was very much still as displeased at her sister now as she was this early morning when Chorong suddenly woke her up and asked her to accompany Chorong to this sacred place of their dad's.

"Are you sure this is legal?"

"What is?"

"This!" Hayoung's tone went higher and Chorong quickly shooshed her.

"This- stealing daddy's wine and wanting to secretly mix it in our drinks tonight."

"What secret?" Chorong snapped nearly at disbelief. "You're totally witnessing me doing this." She then casually pulled out a bottle and hid it in her pyjamas. It was only 8.19 am and the sisters haven't hit showers yet.

"Mom will kill me! Mom will totally kill us both!"

"No, she won't if you act like nothing happened."

"I have a bad feeling about this," Hayoung said in a low tone as she followed Chorong's shuffing steps from behind.

"I'm not even legal to drink."

Chorong scoffed and laughed off in an evil way. "You don't know how lucky you are to have me as a big sister."

"I would't use lucky if I were you." Chorong turned around and shot Hayoung a grave look instantly. Hayung pouted and had her head down. "Sorry," Hayoung said whisperingly.

"I will make sure sure to kill you if mom ever finds out about this." She paused before shrugging her shoulder matter-of-factly. "That is after she kills us."

⊙ω⊙

 Luhan stood in blankness before his wardrobe as he swung open the door. The air rushed out and grazed against his wet skin. Luhan has finished his morning shower and despite knowing the housewarming party of Chorong's will not start until later tonight, but he couldn't help but to muse over what outfit he should put on tonight. It was like this invisible resolution inside of him to impress Chorong with a right outfit for tonight's occasion. Nights like tonight won't come too often in Luhan's love life and he needed to do whatever it took to not disappoint his crush. With a cotton sky blue towel hanging perfectly around his lean waist, just above his bottom, Luhan walked across his room and slightly tilted his head as he scrutinized a red car sliding out of his neighbour's pavement. He smiled to himself when he saw a pair of two sisters, laughing and all dressed up, were behind the wheels. They must be going out to busy prepare for tonight's party. Luhan's face fell suddenly at the thought of not having his parents with him at the party tonight because they had a reunion of some sort in Vietnam and would only be back after five days. Luhan would love it if his parents would get to meet Chorong's and her seemingly happy family.

⊙ω⊙

Chorong carefully fixed the line of her waist of her brand new Mango's pink, knee-length night dress as she grabbed the door knob and twisted it swiftly. Luhan stood straight at the doorway, looking dashing and handsome in simple, long-sleeved shirt. His hair was a perfect dark brown lock that parted one third neatly. He smiled shortly, feeling awkward and uninvited when all Chorong could do was stare back at him in awe. Luhan could notice quite a number of people was already inside the house, getting all cozy and relaxed around each other's and he was not sure if he ever going to feel the same knowing that as a host, Chorong would not be escorting him throughout the party. He didn't know anyone in the nieghborhood unless they play in his soccer team and he thought that maybe, coming here was a mistake. Maybe the guests were too crowded for this house. Maybe he should've rejected her offer. Maybe Chorong had forgotten that she had invited him. Maybe he should've just followed his parents and flew away to Vietnam. Maybe if he could just stop dwelling in these negative thoughts, things could finally fall back into its places.

"Hi," Luhan waved his hand and drew his hand that was holding a small hamper out. "My parents could not join us because they are away on some kind of business matters. They, urm, sent you this instead, to apologize for not being here."

Chorong slowly took the mini-sized hamper into her embrace. She beamed as he gazed at him. Chorong could also notice how shaking he was. "Well I'm glad you can still make it. C'mon on in. I wanna introduce you to my family and friends."

⊙ω⊙

The housewarming party was not entirely burdensome for Luhan to bear. He thought he was just going to watch everybody mingle and have fun, but he didn't. Chorong was very warm and friendly around him as though her other friends were not there that night. Chorong made him feel accepted, and sometimes Chorong and her new friends would exchange jokes and stories around the fire in the house and Luhan was really amazed at how welcoming her friends are.

"I honestly thought we are still ruled by a king." One of her friends, named Bomi confessed when they were discussing the drama The King's 2 Hearts.

"That's bull," another guy dressed all white snapped. He was known as a charmer among them, but he was apparently gay.

Bomi eyed him in annoyance. "Don't act so smart," Bomi retaliated. "All you did when watching the drama was cry," she added and sent everybody around into bursting laughter.

 Luhan laughed along, almost clapping his own hands. He stole glances at Chorong between stories. She was sitting across him around the circle, and her parents were out tonight some hours ago and without anyone knowing, Luhan has probably spent half of the hour they were sitting together secretly looking at her. Luhan sometimes blushed to himself when her friends were telling embarrassing stories about Chorong, like when this one time, Chorong would mistakenly enter male's restroom and shocked to see just stood still, staring at her. Chorong was frozen, completely flustered and all she could do was just stare back.

"Seriously guys, stop it!" Chorong yelled with a red face, tossing a pillow in her friend's face. "Stop it or I will kick you guys out!"

But her friends were still laughing like mad scientists. They ignored the sulking and annoyed Chorong and just kept on making fun of her.

"Like, how can that freak just like, casually pee and not realized a girl is staring at his , like how can he not feel someone's presence, like that's not normal."

"I can tell you what's not normal okay," the gay guy interrupted. "Chorong not ing that dude, like seriously, if I were there God knows what will happen to him." His hands would then thin air and just absentmindedly make a squeezing motion, with loud moans escaping his red lips. By that time Chorong was already lying down on her couch and felt like dying. Her face was really red and she felt the urge to literally kick her friend's face.

"I feel really right now," said a nerd woman wearing a thick-framed glasses in total innocence as she closed her legs together. She then turned to her right, and just slammed her lips against the basketballer's lips roughly that was gingerly listening to the stories and then, in no time, they both fell backwards, hands all over one another.

"What the ..."

“Get a ing room people!”

As if it was a virtual command, everyone else got up and vacated the area. Chorong shook her head in disbelief and she walked over towards Luhan. She quickly took his hands and dragged him far as the group dispersed all over the house.

"I'm so glad Hayoung isn't here," Chorong leaned in and whispered in Luhan's ears. "I will commit suicide if Hayoung know what kind of friends I have."

Luhan gave her a small nod and a short, awkward smile. The truth is, he didn't have a clue that Chorong's favorite kind of people to hang out with would be a gay dude, a frustrated nerdy, a handsome but quiet basketballer, a drama addict and not to mention himself, an avid Chorong stalker. Luhan felt like he just entered a whole new world when he decided to attend tonight's party.

"I hope you're not weirded out by my weird friends," Chorong said finally when they reached the kitchen. Luhan smiled as he stared down at his left hand. Chorong's lingering after-touch still felt like electric to him. He settled at kitchen's table while Chorong was taking a jug of pink liquid from a refrigerator.

"It's okay," he shrugged. "My friend, Xiumin isn't exactly normal either."

Chorong laughed off shortly as she took out two empty glasses from cabinet overhead. "Right. But he appeared to be more sensible than you."

"What?' Luhan's eyes went wide, taken aback by Chorong's remark. "Well, I can be sensible at times- if I wanted to."

Chorong laughed again at Luhan who was stuttering defensively. "Don't be. I don't like people with too much common sense."

Luhan felt his heart fluttered up at her y smile when she handed him his drink. Luhan lifted the glass and brought it close to his lips as he took a sip.

"What's this?"

"Why? Do you not like it?" Chorong carefully asked.

"It's not that. I was just curious."

"My sister and I made this drink morning. Okay well, technically, I made this and she was watching my back in case I get busted."

"Why?"

"Because this drink has alcohol."

"I see, but we're legal to drink, so, what's the problem?"

"Hayoung and her friends aren't."

"Ahh.." Luhan nodded,  looking like a fool. "But Hayoung doesn't have to serve to her friends this drink if she knew."

"If she knew," Chorong then raised her right brow, her rose lips curved into a smirk.

"I thought you two planned this together. I'm lost here."

"Hayoung thought me and my friends were having this drinks. That's why she agreed to help me out. But I mixed the wine in all our drinks, including the punch that was served around the house."

"Ahh." Luhan nodded thoughtfully. "Why?"

"For fun," she answered back in joy. "And- because I lost our bet."

"What bet?" Luhan asked out of curiousity as he took another sip.

"Just some stupid stuff my friend and I play for fun during lunch breaks."

"And where's Hayoung now?"

"She said she had, like, this reunion of old pals in downtown Seoul. My parents took her there. Don't worry. She'll be fine. A few drinks won't make her drunk."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course not!" Chorong then laughed off as she gulped down the entire glass. "Oh God..." And suddenly, Chorong started to weep as she slammed her head against the marble counter, making a mild thud sound. Luhan got off his chair in hurry and ran across the square counter as he approached Chorong. He put her hands around her shaking shoulders.

"Chorong, are you alright?"

“No...” Chorong admitted smoothly under her heavy breath. She still didn’t lift her head up. Luhan leaned in closer and tightened the grips of his fingers around her arms, pulling her close into his embrace.

“Do you want to me tell me what's wrong?" Luhan's voice fell as he her back. "Please, tell me what's wrong."

“Oh God.” Chorong cried as she hugged him back and buried her face in his chest. “I feel like breaking apart right now.”

...

 

Hello :3

I just had to make Chorong all emotional at the end of this chapter because I needed to get on with this story already muehuehuehue

Aren't Chorong's friends are just something?!~ xD

Anywho, I really hope you would truly enjoy the update this time ^^

Oh and happy New Year you crazy readers. May 2014 bring you more good fortune and wonderful memories <3