Chapter 16

If This Never Happened

Jihyun and JHope were sitting on the bench together holding each others hand. JHope wished this moment would never end. The moments they had together were really small until someone came and they had to break apart. They had been together for two weeks without telling anyone. It wasn't a matter of they were embarrased or they were scared of telling everyone. It was more of they wanted a secret to share together. Of course JHope would think about going public from time to time, but he understood the excitement and feeling of this secret that only they shared. 

"So, JHope?" Jihyun called out, turning towards him from the side of the bench. She suddenly turned clammy, rubbing her free hand along the fabric of her pants. 

Jhope turned his head towards Jihyun and tilted his head, "What's wrong?" Jihyun let go of his hand and Jhope assumed the worst. She's breaking up with me isn't she? I knew it, she's too good for me. She probably found someone else. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to go public now. We've been together for two weeks and I think i'm ready for people to know. Only if you're ok with it, since you're and idol," Jihyun looked at him with hopeful eyes while rubbing her right arm with left hand. Jhope mentally slapped himself for thinking that about his girlfriend. 

JHope looked pleased, "Really?" Jhope smile widened. He was waiting for this day, the day that he can announce to everyone, mostly the boys, that Jihyun was his and his only. No one could take her away from him. She stood up as she noticed BAP, the rest of BTS and Mystery coming through the gate halfway to the building. 

JHope held his hand out for Jihyun to take again, "Youre hands are sweaty." They walked together towards the group. Minji was the first one who noticed them. She looked at them together and then saw they intertwined hands. Her eyes widened, then turned into a smirk. She pointed at them causing everyone to turn around. 

Daehyun crossed his arms, "When did this happen?" Daehyun didn't have a clue as to when or even how this relationship came to be. He cared about his sister and he didn't want her to get hurt. 

Jihyun looked up and the sky feigning innocence, "About two weeks ago." Everyones eyes practically bulged out of their sockets. 

Suki tapped her foot on the ground and looked disapprovingly at one of her closest friends, "And you didn't tell us because?"

JHope answered instead of Jihyun, "We wanted to keep it our own little secret, you know, something special between us." 

Suki fell for it, "That's so sweet." In an quick moment, Suki turned serious, "But you still should have told us."

Jihyun rolled her eyes and apologized, "I know, I know. I'll tell you something the first time, next time. If i feel like it."

Jaemin pumped a fist into the air, "FINALLY! MinLo and JiSeok is real." She looked at the two couples. 

Jihyun noticed Zelo and Minji standing quite close to each other and clapped her hands together. "Finally," she exclaimed, "You two are so sweet and you're always together."

"Suki, Jaemin," Suga called out their names. The two girls turned to look at him. "When are you guys going to get your dream guy?" Suki blushed and Jaemin kicked his leg. Suga let out a cry of pain. 

"Yah, just because you can't get a girl doesn't mean that you should take it on us," Jaemin said. 
 
Suga did a little dance. He waved his arms around while bobbin up and down on his knees. "You can't make me because I'm Suga," he had a huge grin on his face rather than a face of pain that would show how much his leg hurt. 
 
"Who does Jaemin like anyways?" Yongguk asked. "I know there's JungMin but..." Yongguk trailed off leaving Jaemin confused. Was there someone else she liked? She thought it was obvious that she liked a certain BTS member. 
 
"Huh? I thought you guys knew who I like," she looked at the girls. 
 
The three girls looked down on the ground, "You haven't told us yet." 
 
"Oh," Jaemin shrugged. "That's a good thing. I'm still figuring it out." Jongup  looked at Jaemin with a look that said 'I'm your 'older brother' and you will tell me very thing' . Jaemin nodded and they all walked into the school building. 

The hallways were bare. There was no lockers for those were inside the classrooms in little cubicles in the back. This was good for the school. Many of the kids had seen American High School movies where kids were pushed into huge body sized lockers and kept in there. 

The walls of the school were plain white with the outline of the windows were green. Each classroom had a whiteboard. A set of books in the back of the room and a major desk for the teacher with multiple drawers for each teacher teaching in that room. 
 
"There is nothing more annoying than when those girls became friends with the kingkas," one girl sneered at Mystery as they passed by. 
 
The other girl seemed to disagree, "TaeRi, you have to get over this. This is nothing you should get mad over. I admit, I have done wrong to these girls by not standing up for  them when they were being bullied. They have become very popular and they are very talented. If anyone should be friends with BAP and BTS, it should be Mystery rather than Falsetta at least." 
 
TaeRi looked at her friend, MinKyung," Oh, alright. I guess, but I'm still mad that Jaemin took away my Jungkook." MinKyung shook her head in exasperation. 
 
This was the beginning of acception from the students of the school. The school was finally starting to accept. Many of the students wondered what had possessed them into making them bully the girls with Falsetta in the first place. It was probably the need of recognition by the queenkas. Everyone wanted to be friends with them and they thought whoever could do the most damage to the group of girls the Queekas hated, they can be friends with them too. The students realized the corruption of their beloved queenkas and just how much damage they can do to the students. They weren't nice, they were exclusive and rude. 
 
The meaning of queenka was not "the person with the most money" or "the prettiest girl in the school". That is the stereotypical meaning. The real meaning is "the best all-around girl". This is a matter of behavior. Being considerate, caring, kind, cooperative. This is a matter of personality such as being bold and confident as well as spontaneous. This was also a matter of appearance. You needed a touch of femininity but also needed that bit of aggressiveness. Each girl in mystery possessed a quality that was like by all students as they saw them on stage and in school. These girls were real queenkas. 

Yup. So acceptance. What's next? Well maybe queenkas. Nah. Maybe the audition. Lazy. Well see. I don't think it's time for the queenkas to comeback. 

~ Jaeminnie left because she went to go buy Boba