Of Kisses and New Life

Reuniting Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's note: I used a couple of Aussie/Kiwi slang in this chapter. As well as some other terms. For those aren't sure what the terms mean, you can find it at the end of the chapter. Thank you.

 

 

“Hey, Kwang Soo. Aren't you going to wake Ji Hyo and Hyo Joo up? We're supposed to be at Mills's by 8 am.” Eun Soo said.

 

Kwang Soo glanced over at the clock on the wall. “We can give them another half hour. Ji Hyo noona doesn't need much time to get ready. Unlike you!” He countered, smirking at his sister. The vet was about to reply when they heard the stairs creaked, and looked up.

 

“Morning, Hyo Joo-ah! Is your mom awake?” Eun Soo greeted the little girl.

 

Blearily rubbing her eyes, the child shook her head. “Good morning. No, mummy's still sleeping, and Fang's still sleeping with her.” She answered, walking over to the kitchen where the pair were.

 

Kwang Soo ruffled her hair affectionately. “Good morning, Princess. Would you like some breakfast?” At the mention of food, Hyo Joo perked up.

 

“Yes please, Uncle Kwang Soo.” She answered politely.

 

Smiling, Eun Soo held out her hand to the little girl. “How does an omelette sound, Hyo Joo-ah? Shall we go collect some fresh eggs from the hens?” She suggested.

 

Hyo Joo's eyes shined with excitement as she hopped up and down happily, clapping her hands. “You have chickens? Omo! This is so daebak!” Giggling, she took Eun Soo's offered hand and together the pair made their way to the chicken coop to collect some freshly laid eggs.

 

 

Ji Hyo stirred, she felt nice and comfortable. There was a warm body next to her keeping her toasty. She could feel it sniffing and nuzzling against her neck. She smiled, it felt nice. Reaching out, she pulled the source of heat closer to her. That was when she felt a warm, moist tongue her ear, teasing her. With her mind still muddled over with sleep, she assumed it was Chang Joo trying to seduce her. Alarmed, her eyes shot open, and she quickly pushed him away. Instead, her hands collided with a furry body and she heard a dull thud as he fell to the floor, followed by a loud yelp which didn't sound like it belonged to a man.

 

Wait... I'm not at home.

 

Peering down onto the floor, Ji Hyo found Fang looking mournfully back at her. “Fang! Omo! I'm so sorry, boy!” She apologised. Throwing her legs off the side of the bed, she quickly knelt at Fang's side, checking if the puppy was hurt. But dogs being the sweet creatures that they are, are quick to forget. Wagging his tail, he her face as if to show, 'Hey, no worries! I'm ok! I forgive you! I love you!'



Ji Hyo laughed. “Ok boy! I know! I know! I love you too! Good boy!” She patted the puppy, which led him to wag his tail even harder. Smiling, Ji Hyo leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead. “You're such a sweetie, and so handsome too. I can see why Hyo Joo loves you so much.”

 

They heard a knock at the door, and Fang rushed over. Whining, he scratched at the door, trying to open it. Ji Hyo heard Kwang Soo call out to her. “Noona? Is everything ok? I thought I heard something.”

 

Walking to the door, she opened it and stepped aside to let him in. Fang greeted his owner excitedly, pouncing on the tall man and peppered his face with . He was wagging his tail so hard that his whole body shook with the effort. Kwang Soo patted the puppy. “Yes Fang, I missed you too boy! Well, you were the one who abandoned me to sleep here! Ladies-man!” He chided the puppy playfully. He then turned his attention to his noona, studying her, concern evident in his eyes. “Are you ok? I heard someone yelp.”

 

Ji Hyo smiled. “It wasn't me. It was Fang.” She clarified. “He was my ears this morning. I thought it was Chang Joo trying to...” She trailed off, unwilling to elaborate as a slight blush found its way onto her face. Brushing back her hair, she spoke quickly, embarrassed. “So I lashed out and pushed Fang off the bed.”

 

She watched as Kwang Soo continued patting Fang. He seemed to be checking the dog for any sign of injury. “Maybe we should we let Eun Soo take a look at him. He might have gotten hurt. I feel so bad.”

 

At this, Kwang Soo smiled kindly at her. “Hah! Don't worry, noona! His hide is pretty thick. It'll take more than just falling off a bed to hurt him. This guy's just seeking attention.” He declared, looking back down at Fang. “Last month, he went barreling into a glass cabinet. The glass cracked, but he was absolutely fine! Not a scratch to be found.” He recounted. Reaching down, Kwang Soo scooped the puppy into his arms, carrying him. “You're just a regular lady killer, aren't you boy?”

 

Fang panted happily, his tongue sticking out the side of his muzzle as he tilted his head to the side. At the puppy's silly expression, Ji Hyo giggled. “He looks as like he is trying to understand what you just said about him. Are you, boy?” She asked and approached the puppy, scratching behind his ears.

 

Fang looked over at Ji Hyo. He liked the human female, she was nice to Fang. Without warning, Fang's head shot forward and his mouth connected with the actress'. Ji Hyo's eyes widened, and she stepped back quickly, wiping with the back of her hand. “His tongue was in my mouth! I felt it!” She gasped.

 

By this time, Kwang Soo had collapsed in laughter as Ji Hyo ran to the toilet, and quickly downed a capful of mouthwash, gargling furiously. Chuckling heartily, he let Fang down. The puppy only stared back at the humans quizzically. He was still giggling when Ji Hyo came out of the toilet. She glowered at Kwang Soo and the laughter died down immediately. “Giraffe... If I hear one more sound from you. I will pull out all your hair. Which would be an improvement, given your current shaggy hobo look.” She threatened as she walked over.

 

“Where's Hyo Joo?” She asked as she smiled and patted Fang on the head.

 

Kwang Soo's mouth dropped disbelievingly. “Fang just frenched-kissed you, and he gets a pat. I laughed, and I get threatened? Maybe I should have just gone for it.” He muttered under his breath.

 

“There's a difference, Fang is cute... You aren't. If you had, I'd do worse than just pull out your hair.” She smirked, watching with self-satisfaction as he gulped, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he swallowed. 

 

“Fair enough.” He conceded. “Hyo Joo's with Eun Soo. They're collecting eggs from the hen house to make some omelettes. Come join us when you're ready.” He said before turning and leaving the room with Fang following him.

 

 

“Hey, Kwang Soo!” Mills greeted, hugging the taller man. “Hello, ladies! I'm glad you could make it, Miss Song. And who is this pretty little girl?” The farmer asked, smiling broadly. Kneeling, so that he was eye level to Hyo Joo, he stretched out a tanned hand and shook her hand. Ji Hyo smiled. “Hello, Mr Mills. Please, just call me, Ji Hyo. This is my daughter, Hyo Joo. Hyo Joo-ah, greet Mr Mills.”

 

Mills nodded. “And please, just call me, Mills. Mr Mills makes me feel old.” Smiling, he turned to Hyo Joo. “Little Hyo Joo, you can just call me ahjussi.” He winked at Ji Hyo, who smiled at his consideration.

 

Hyo Joo smiled shyly at Mills. “Hello, ahjussi.” She greeted.

 

Although Mills was a farmer and had little education, he was an erudite man. He had a ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter