Christmas

Reuniting Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas morning dawned on the Lee household. Hyo Joo was giggling as she smeared cream all over the face of a sleeping Kwang Soo while Ji Hyo looked on, smiling impishly. Fang sat close by, staring longingly at the cream the little human child was currently applying on his master.

 

Silly humans... What a waste of ables.

 

It was Christmas day, and mother and daughter were up early. The little girl was giddy with excitement. In fact, she had gotten up at the crack of dawn and roused her mother, begging to open presents. The pair had been in the kitchen making breakfast for the siblings when Ji Hyo decided she would bake something for the Christmas barbeque that Kwang Soo was hosting. As she tasted the cream frosting she had prepared, she grinned cheekily to herself and instigated her daughter to smear some over the giraffe.

 

Kwang Soo stirred as he felt something cold on his cheeks. He heard girlish giggles and snickering in the background. Opening his eyes, he squinted at the light. Looking up, he saw Hyo Joo with a bowl of frosting. She was giggling, while Ji Hyo stood behind her egging on the little girl. Rubbing his face as he yawned, he greeted the pair. “Good morning, Princess! Morning noona! Happy Christmas!”

 

He was met by loud laughter as Ji Hyo and Hyo Joo collapsed on the bed in a fit of giggles. He watched fondly as Ji Hyo's nose crinkled in that adorable way of hers, he longed to hold her but held back.

 

“Uncle Kwang Soo's got a white moustache now!” Hyo Joo laughed, pointing to his face.

 

He grinned good-naturedly as he realised he was the reason behind their laughter. “What's got you two sleepyheads outta bed so early?” He asked as he stretched languidly.

 

“IT'S CHRISTMAS! MERRY CHRISTMAS!” Hyo Joo sang, her eyes b with elation. Beaming brightly at Kwang Soo, she hopped happily on the bed. “Mummy said I could open one present today!” She added.

 

Kwang Soo smiled. “Is that right?” He drawled. Leaning over, he whispered into the little girl's ears. “That's great! Because I got Princess something!”

 

Reaching over, Hyo Joo pulled Kwang Soo towards her and hugged him tightly around the neck. She then gave him a quick kiss on his unshaven cheeks, surprising both Ji Hyo and himself. The little girl quickly pulled back and wiped the cream moustache off his upper lip. Her little nose wrinkled like her mother's as she pouted adorably. “Your face is so rough! I don't like it. Mummy's feels nicer to touch.” She complained.

 

“Baek Hyo Joo! Don't be so rude!” Ji Hyo scolded sternly.

 

Chastised, Hyo Joo glanced meekly back at Kwang Soo. “I'm sorry, Uncle Kwang Soo.” She apologised.

 

He ruffled her hair affectionately. “Don't worry, Princess. No harm done.” He smiled kindly at her, the edges of his eyes crinkling in his unique fashion. “Noona, don't scold Hyo Joo. It's Christmas. Besides, she does have a point. I really do need a shave.” He said, turning his attention to Ji Hyo. “Who knows who I might bump into under the mistletoe later.” He added, winking cheekily at her.

 

Ji Hyo laughed. Shaking her head, she slapped his arm lightly. “For your sake, let's hope it isn't Fang. Quite a tongue on that one, and he doesn't scrimp on the saliva either. Although I must admit, he is a good kisser.” She joked, grinning devilishly back at him.

 

Kwang Soo laughed while Fang wagged his tail excitedly at the mention of his name.

 

 

Kwang Soo stood in front of the mirror, using it to shave in accordance with the growth of his facial hair. He had all the bare essentials in the guest's bathroom and would usually use that. But he had left his shaving kit in the master bathroom, and seeing that his mother was coming over later, he didn't want to appear unkempt. As he shaved, he looked about his bathroom. In the span of a week, Ji Hyo had tidied up his toilet, and there was now a definite feminine touch to it.

 

There was a bowl of potpourri on the toilet bowl's water tank lid. The dried flowers infused his toilet with a fresh lavender scent. He also noted how she put his toothbrush into his cup and placed his tube of toothpaste next to it. She had also arranged his shaver, shaving cream and after-shave neatly in a line. There were two cups on the counter-top. The first was a tiny pink cup with bright yellow flowers on it and a pink toothbrush was placed in it. He grinned, knowing that it belonged to Hyo Joo. The blue cup next to it probably belonged to Ji Hyo. Both toothbrushes had a cap on it, and he noticed that she had placed one on his as well. There was a tube of facial wash on the counter, together with a bottle of toner, a bottle of moisturizer and a small tube of eye cream.

 

Checking the shower stall, he saw that the bottle of shampoo and soap that he had were arranged neatly together with hers. He spied a bottle of women's shampoo, conditioner, a body soap and a tub of body scrub. Kwang Soo shook his head, amus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter