Metanoia

Reuniting Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Metanoia - The journey of changing one's mind, heart, self or way of life.

 

Almost a day later, Ji Hyo found herself back in Incheon International. As she cleared immigration and exited customs, she found herself surrounded by the media. Cameras flashed, and reporters mics at her.

 

News that she was out of the country had been leaked, and since Chang Joo's return, reporters had been camping at the airport, waiting to see and hear if Ji Hyo had anything to add. The flashing lights and loud questions being thrown at Ji Hyo confused and frightened Hyo Joo. The little girl grabbed hold of her mother's hands, clutching it tightly.

 

Ji Hyo saw how frightened her little girl was and held on firmly. She wrapped her arms around her child protectively, shielding her from the spotlight. Irritation at having hers and her daughter's personal space invaded flooded her. As another microphone was in her face, Ji Hyo batted it away. Snapping at the reporter, she curtly told him that she had nothing to add at the present moment. In the distance, she spotted her head of security, Reggie. She was pushing her way past the crowd with her team. Reggie approached the pair and quickly ushered them out, her arms wrapped protectively around mother and child. Lowering her head to avoid the flashing cameras, Ji Hyo quickly followed the bodyguard.

 

Although she was tired, Ji Hyo rang up her PR team and scheduled a press conference. The sooner they got everything out of the way, the sooner things could return to normalcy. Next, she dropped Hyo Joo back at home, arranging for nanny Kim to look after the child. Before leaving, Ji Hyo hugged her little girl, soothing her. Hyo Joo stared back at her mother, her eyes wide. It was clear that she was still a little unsettled by the earlier events and wanted her mother by her side.

 

Ji Hyo brushed the hair back from Hyo Joo's face before placing a soft kiss on her daughter's forehead. “Mummy will be home soon, ok?” She promised, watching as Hyo Joo nodded to show that she understood. Reluctantly, she broke apart from her and left the house, hoping that her little girl would be alright with nanny Kim caring and comforting her.

 

 

At the C-Jes conference room, both Chang Joo and Ji Hyo met with the press, confirming that they have ended their marriage and that the split was amicable.

 

Reporter: Ji Hyo-ssi. Is it true that you accepted a large amount of money for the divorce?

Ji Hyo: This is not true at all. There is no such thing as alimony or thousands of dollars involved. Chang Joo and I are committed to our child. We may have broken up, but both of us are first and foremost, parents to our daughter and will take care of her through our own means.

Reporter: Does that mean you will be making a comeback?

Ji Hyo: I wouldn't really call it a comeback since I've never really quit acting. I've always enjoyed acting. I just placed my career on the back burner by taking up minor roles so that I'd have more time for my daughter.

 

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the press conference concluded. Walking back to the car, Ji Hyo massaged her sore neck, rubbing the stiffness out of it. Chang Joo walked beside her, a slight spring in his step. Ji Hyo observed that he seemed awfully chirpy, and turned to him. “Are you that happy for everything to be over?” She asked, amused.

 

He smiled gently back at her. “You'll find out soon enough. Come’on, let's go home.” He answered cryptically.

 

Too drained to enquire further, Ji Hyo followed after him.

 

 

As Chang Joo keyed in the code to their shared home, Ji Hyo heard peals of girlish giggles emanating from within the house. As soon as the door opened, she heard her daughter calling out to her. “Mummy!” Hyo Joo cried, running happily into her mother's arms. Ji Hyo was relieved to find that the child no longer appeared moody or frightened. In fact, she seemed like her regular boisterous self again. She smiled as she returned her daughter's embrace.

 

Pulling back, Hyo Joo beamed back at her mother. “Lookie who's here!” The little girl chirped excitedly and pointed behind her. From behind the wall he walked out, as if by magic. Ji Hyo's eyes widened as they took in his familiar lanky frame. She wasn't able to contain her small gasp of surprise at the sight of him.

 

Kwang Soo stood before her like a phantom. She could hardly believe her eyes, as they took in his awkward shuffling, his sheepish smile. “Noona, did you know that a direct flight gets you here faster?” He finally asked, scratching the back of his head.

 

Ji Hyo could only nod dumbly in reply. It was clear that she had not expected to see him again. Spying his backpack on the expensive lacquered redwood floor, she realised that he had followed her back to Korea, and that this was the first time in many long years, that he was back on his home soil.

 

It suddenly dawned on her that he had probably conspired with Chang Joo to gain entry into their home. “Kwang Soo? But how? W-why?” She stammered, flustered and at a lost for words.

 

Hyo Joo watched her mother and her Uncle Kwang Soo, an amused smile playing on her lips. Her head whipped back and forth between the pair as if watching an intense tennis match. Seeing this, Chang Joo intervened. “Ji Hyo-ya, I'm going to take Hyo Joo out for an ice cream.” He informed the actress softly. “Hyo Joo-ya, how about going out for some ice cream? Does that sound good?” He asked, turning to his daughter. He smiled when the little girl's face broke into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter