His Home

Reuniting Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyo Joo eyes were glued to Kwang Soo and what he was holding in his arms. Filled with excitement, she brushed past her mother. “PUPPY! Mummy, look it's a puppy!” She squealed as she ran up to Kwang Soo.

 

Ji Hyo peered over to see a grey ball of fur in Kwang Soo's arms. She watched as he held the puppy in his arms and knelt so that Hyo Joo could pet it. “Hyo Joo, this is Fang. Be gentle with him because he is only a puppy. Fang, this is Hyo Joo. Be a good boy.” He introduced the pair. Glancing at Ji Hyo, he grinned and winked.

 

Ji Hyo watched the interaction between the puppy and her little girl. Hyo Joo looked so happy playing with Fang. Glancing up, she saw the tall Asian lady approaching her, a friendly smile on her face. Taking a deep breath, she steeled herself for the news.

 

“Erm annyeonghaseyo, Ji Hyo Unnie. I'm Lee Eun Soo. My brother's told me a lot about you!” The taller lady greeted as she bowed respectfully to Ji Hyo who returned it.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Wait? You mean, you aren't Kwang Soo's girlfriend?” Ji Hyo asked, surprised.

 

“Hah! You're all my brother talks abou- HEY! What was that for?” Eun Soo snapped at Kwang Soo who had just walked over and slapped her head.

 

“For being so nosy. And since when did you start bowing again? I thought you were going all Kiwi?” Kwang Soo lectured.

 

“Well Ji Hyo Unnie's never been to New Zealand before, and this is the first time I'm meeting her. I've gotta show some manners, right? I'm going to play with Fang and Hyo Joo.” Eun Soo quipped and skipped off.

 

As soon as she left, an awkward silence filled the air. Kwang Soo was embarrassed that Ji Hyo knew he'd been talking about her and Ji Hyo felt silly for jumping to conclusions. Clearing his throat, Kwang Soo tried to make small talk. “Hyo Joo really is a mini you. Do you remember that Running Man episode that we filmed in Everland? The Animal Kingdom one? You saw that lion cub and just ran up to it. Hyo Joo looked exactly like you as she ran up to Fang.” Kwang Soo recalled, smiling at the memory.

 

Ji Hyo laughed. “Yeah. It was such an honour to be able to carry that cub. Being on Running Man was great! It gave us the opportunity to do so many things we would never get the chance to. I miss it. Especially the camaraderie we had. I still dream of it sometimes.”

 

Kwang Soo smiled wistfully. “Yeah... Me too.” He admitted, and they shared a smile as they reminisced about their time on the show.

 

“It was never the same after you left. When I went back to work after giving birth to Hyo Joo... I found out for myself, what the oppas had been telling me about. Betrayals just didn't feel the same without you. That's why Jae Suk oppa decided we should just end the show on a high and not wait till ratings dipped.” Ji Hyo said quietly.

 

Kwang Soo glanced away and watched his sister and Hyo Joo as they played with Fang. “Hyo Joo always wanted a little puppy. It was all she was asking for last year. I couldn't get her one as Chang Joo was allergic to dogs.” Ji Hyo shared before walking over to where her daughter was playing. “Hello, Fang! How are you?” The actress called to the puppy.

 

Fang cocked his ears at Ji Hyo's voice and came barreling towards her. Jumping into her arms, he tackled her to the ground and started her face. Ji Hyo laughed and tried to fend off the enthusiastic puppy. Finally, Kwang Soo got Fang under control. “What kinda dog is this? It's soo big! And it looks just like a wolf! How old is he?” Ji Hyo asked as she got to her feet.

 

“Fang's an Alaskan Malamute. They are large dogs originally bred for hauling heavy freight because of their strength and endurance. They're kinda like huskies, but they get much bigger. Fang is about five months old now, so he's still got a long way to go before he is fully grown.” Kwang Soo explained.

 

“Yeah, my brother picked Fang up about two months ago from the side of the road. Some sick person had stuffed Fang into a bag and threw him on the side of the highway. Lucky for him, Kwang Soo saw the bag moving and stopped the car. Fang's been a part of the family since.” Eun Soo added.

 

“Who would do such a thing?” Ji Hyo asked, appalled. Reaching down, she scratched Fang behind the ears. “Don't worry, little fellow. You're in good hands now.” She smiled, watching the puppy as he closed his eyes, panting happily, enjoying the attention. His tongue stuck out from one side of his muzzle. He looked silly. She could see a resemblance between owner and pet.

 

Kwang Soo picked up the suitcases from the back of his truck and led Ji Hyo and her daughter in. Ji Hyo surveyed his house. It was a modern two storey, stand-alone cottage. Walking up the driveway to the house, Ji Hyo noted that there was a line of carnations leading up to the front of the house. He had planted her favourite flowers. In the garden, there was also some fruit trees. She saw an apple and a lemon tree. There were also a couple of shrubs she didn't recognise.

 

Once inside, she could see that while the house wasn't big, it had a warm cosy feel to it. It felt like a home. The living room appeared neat, and there was a wood-burning fireplace. Glancing into the kitchen, she saw that it was slightly messy. Plates were stacked in a pile by the sink, and tablecloths were stained. It would seem that he cooked at home regularly.

 

Kwang Soo brought them up the stairs and into a large room. “This is my room. You and Hyo Joo take my room. There's only two rooms in the house. As my sister is here, she'll be using the spare room. I will sleep in the living room, but I may need to come in occasionally to get stuff.” He explained.

 

“What? No. I can't take your room and let you sleep outside.” Ji Hyo protested.

 

“Noona, it's fine. It makes better sense anyway. You have Hyo Joo, and this room is the only one in the house that has its own attached bathroom. It'll give you and Hyo Joo more privacy. Don't worry, ok?” Kwang Soo said, cutting off any further objection.

 

“I've changed the sheets and left two towels in the toilet for you and Hyo Joo. I only have the bare essential toiletries, so if you need anything else, just let me know. We can drive to the supermarket.” He added as he turned to leave. “I'll go prepare some afternoon tea. Feel free to join us when you've settled in.” He proposed before closing the door.

 

Hyo Joo bounced happily on the bed. “Mummy! This place is so nice! I love Fang! Can we get a doggie when we get back? Please?” She begged.

 

“Sweetie... We'll see ok? Now, it's been a long day. Let's take a hot shower, shall we?” Ji Hyo urged, watching as her daughter nodded. “Do you want mummy to shower you, or do you want to do it yourself?” She asked. Hyo Joo had recently been adamant about taking a shower by herself. “Hyo Joo is big enough. I can shower by myself.”

 

Ji Hyo smiled. After turning on the tap, and adjusting the water temperature for Hyo Joo, she left her daughter to take a shower but kept the door to the bathroom slightly ajar. Taking out her phone, she sent a text message to Chang Joo, informing him that they had arrived. She also left Kwang Soo's address and home phone number so that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter