Mrs Lee

Reuniting Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Annyeonghashimnikka, Mrs Lee.” Ji Hyo bowed politely in greeting, letting her hair fall over her face to hide her flaming face.

 

Mrs Lee eyed the younger lady for a moment before pulling her in for a hug. “Annyeong, Seong-im! It's been so long. How are you?” She said, returning the greeting.

 

Ji Hyo was taken aback, but she returned the hug nevertheless. “I'm good, Mrs Lee. How about you?” 

 

Mrs Lee replied that she was fine, before turning to her son and enveloping him in a hug. “My son. How're you? I've missed you.” She greeted.

 

Ji Hyo watched as Kwang Soo's ears redden from the show of affection, although he never pulled away. She heard someone clear their throat behind her. Turning around, she came face to face with Kwang Soo's father. “Annyeong, Mr Lee. It's been a long time. I hope you're doing well.” She greeted, bowing. The last time Ji Hyo had met the elder Lee was while they were filming Running Man. He smiled kindly at her and returned her greeting politely.

 

At the sound of her mother greeting the new arrivals, Hyo Joo chose the moment to enter the kitchen, asking her mother who these people were. Ji Hyo smiled and introduced her daughter to Kwang Soo's parents. They were captivated by Hyo Joo and fussed over her. Singing praises about how cute the little girl was, and marvelled at the resemblance between mother and daughter.

 

Mrs Lee watched as Hyo Joo went up to her son to ask if she could open the present he gave her. Her eyes filled with concern as she listened to her son's reply. “Of course, Princess! Let me wash my hands, and I'll get it for you.”

 

Hyo Joo squealed excitedly and skipped out of the kitchen happily, followed by her mother. Eun Soo and Mr Lee followed the pair out to the living room. Mrs Lee fixed her eyes on her son, gazing at him with such concern that Kwang Soo started feeling self-conscious. He looked around the kitchen and finally faced his mother, his eyes questioning.

 

“My dear boy. It would seem that you have grown very fond of Hyo Joo. I can also see that she likes you and has also grown close to you.” She commented, watching as her son nodded. “You are aware that she is someone else's daughter, right? That she has a father, and that you are not her father.” She continued, and still, he nodded.

 

Mrs Lee sighed. “I know you've shared with me that Seong-im is having problems at home. I feel for her too. I really do. But you are my son... I don't want you to get hurt again.” She said, patting Kwang Soo on the back. “She's a married woman, and I walk in to see you leaning on her. I see how close you are to her and her daughter. I'm your mother. I'm just concerned for you.” She cautioned.

 

“I know, mom. And I appreciate your concern. I only view Hyo Joo as a little sister, I'm not trying to take the place of her father. For now, Ji Hyo and I are just friends and she was just comforting me. Please trust us mom.” He said, smiling to reassure her.

 

“Ok then. I trust you two. You are both grown-ups.” She conceded.

 

“Uncle Kwang Soo! Can I open the present you gave me now??!” Hyo Joo's voice rang out, leading both mother and son out of the kitchen and into the living room.

 

 

The aroma of meat cooking on the outdoor grill filled the air. Ji Hyo stood beside Kwang Soo, helping him cook the meat. “Ya!” She chided softly, watching her daughter as she played on the wooden rocking horse. In-Sung and Mrs Lee stood by the little girl, keeping an eye on the child, making sure that she didn't hurt herself. “How do you expect me to cart that back to Korea?” She admonished with a tilt of her head to her daughter's new toy.

 

Kwang Soo had gotten the idea to buy the little girl a wooden rocking horse as a Christmas gift after hearing Hyo Joo beg her mother to bring her horse-back riding. Smiling, he shrugged. “Don't worry noona, I can arrange for it to be shipped to your home. Hyo Joo seems to really like it.” He remarked, and turned to watch the little girl who was squealing happily while his mother and In-Sung rocked the horse for her.

 

Ji Hyo brushed back her hair nervously. “Kwang Soo-ah... Did your mother say anything? About me? You two spent quite a long time in the kitchen earlier.”

 

Kwang Soo saw how worried Ji Hyo was. Boldly, he stepped forward and gently tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. He watched as she blushed from the act, her eyes immediately darted in the direction of his mother. She took a step back from him, distancing herself. Afraid of facing the disapproval of his mother. She looked back to see the understanding on Kwang Soo's face. He smiled kindly. “We had a quick chat. Mom, as always, is concerned for me. She just doesn't want to see me hurt, but she trusts us.”

 

At that, Ji Hyo glanced down at her feet. “Perhaps she is right... Why should you settle for damaged goods? Damaged goods that come with an extra baggage?” She asked, her voice filled with self-loathing. Taking a deep breath, she finally gazed up at him, her eyes glistened with unshed tears. “You deserve much better. A nice girl with no extra baggage to lug around.”

 

Kwang Soo was appalled by her words. Whatever happened to the confident, fearless Song Ji Hyo he knew? The woman who threw herself off the Macau tower without a second thought? Who dared to have a name-tag ripping game with a professional MMA fighter? Where had she gone to? “Noona, Is this truly how you view yourself? As damaged goods with baggage?” He asked softly, flabbergasted.

 

“It's true, isn't it? I'm not- I'm not some pure al young woman. And if we end up together, you'd be caring for a child fathered by another man.” She answered in a whisper. “Why should you have to care for someone else's child? Why would you want me? I'm not worthy of you, Kwang Soo-ah.” She added, her eyebrows furrowed.

 

“No, that's not true... All I see is a brave woman who has been through so much, and yet stays positive. She strives to do the right thing. Raise her child the best she can. That is an encouraging thought.” He stated firmly. Sighing softly, he ran his hands through his hair. “How do you expect me to love another when you are all I can think about? How is it fair to them?”

 

He fixed his gaze on her, staring forlornly at her. “I think about you most of my waking hours, and dream about you most nights. It hasn't stopped. Not even after six years! Some nights as I lay in bed, I think of you... And images of you with your husband in bed flood my mind. How you are probably sleeping n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter