Chapter 9

Under the Moonlight

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked. Despite them talking softly, the rest in the house could still hear except you.

"She's not their real child..but she has vampire venom in her to prolong her life." Suho said. "Her current parents killed her biological parents but kept her with them as they discovered she had special talents.."

"So she's sort of one of us?" Baekhyun asked and Suho nodded.

"But still, she's more of human.. we can't hurt her and my parents have given orders to protect her and also keep her identity a secret..she doesn't know about her powers yet.." Suho said.

"But hyung.." Baekhyun said but stopped. Suho looked at him to read his mind. The wolves couln't read their mind so they would have to do that to tell each other secrets.

BH: I think Kai likes her...

SH: I know.. we can all tell that.. and she have feelings for him too..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the house, they were just talking and chatting with one another as if nothing happened as you looked upon them. You kept glancing at Kai though as he remained quiet the whole time. *why is he so distant from the rest..*

"Yoojin, do you want to go out with us?" D.O asked. "I need to buy some groceries.." You smiled and nodded at him then you looked at Kai.

"Let's go.." Kai said, the moment you looked at him and everyone went to the car. You sat in one car together with Kai while they divided themselves up. During the whole ride, you kept looking at Kai from the back as he sat in the front seat.  *his backview is just like the one i saw that him.. was it him...* 

You all reached the supermarket and the rest separated themselves to get what they want. You followed D.O together with Baekhyun while Kai went off with Sehun.

"Yoojin, oppa will buy an ice cream for you!" Xiumin came over and said. "What flavour do you like?" You pointed to the strawberry flavoured ice cream he was holding. "Ok!"

After you all paid for the things you've bought, the boys carried the things back to the car while you ate your ice cream as you walked. You weren't paying attention when a long block of brick from the construction work upstairs fell. Kai saw the situation when he was at the car while turning back and rushed to you with his lightning speed and block off the brick with one hand while holding you with his other hand. The brick fell with a loud thud while you remained shocked in Kai's embrace. He looked at you and you looked back at him in his eyes. *how did he run here so fast and where did he get the strength? his eyes... that was the pair of eyes from that night.. it was him... but why was it red?*

"Are you ok?" he asked coolly. You just nodded before he let go of you.

"OMG! are you ok yoojin?" the others rushed over and asked you.

"Gwaenchana.." you managed to say out. You kept looking at Kai, wondering what he is as you couldn't figure out what he just did.

"Let's go back home first.." Baekhyun said and took you away by pushing you by your shoulders. He let you enter the car first and he sat beside you. On the whole trip home, you kept thinking about Kai and on the other hand, Kai was thinking of you too. The moment when he held you in his embrace kept appearing in both your minds. *I think.. i do like her..*