Chapter 28

Under the Moonlight

Kai was fighting with Don while the rest were fighting with the other wolves. Both sides were equally hurt and exhausted except Kai and Don. They won't let each other off. You saw Don knocking over Kai when he was distracted after seeing you turn back and he fell to the ground.

"Kai! No!" you dashed forward as you saw Don charging towards Kai, who was already injured and lying on the ground, trying to get back up.

"Yoojin!!" Baekhyun shouted from the back while the rest rushed forward to you.

It was all too late. You were lying on the ground, almost paralysed. Kai crawled to you and held you in his arms, in his human form.

"Why are you so silly..." he cried as he spoke. You came in between them as they were fighting and now you are on the verge of dying. You gathered your strength to lift your hand to caress his face.

"you're injured..." you managed to say out before coughing out blood.

"Shh...don't talk.. i won't let anything happen to you..." he said.

"no..don't say that..." you retorted.

"i can't live without you.." he said back.

"You have to live without me..." you argued.

"No..." he said. You were turning more and more pale and his condition isn't better either. "You won't leave me..."  and he gathered all his strength to lift you and run towards the woods.

"let them..." Suho stopped Baekhyun who's trying to chase after the both of you. Tears welled up in their eyes as they all know how it's going to end.

"Don't..let me down.. you're injured..." you tried to stop him from running, but he won't listen. It was until he could no longer endure and his legs gave way and he fell to the ground and you were dropped as well. You lay somewhere not far from him and he turned to face you.

"Yoojin..." He struggled to reach for you. You reached out your hands for him as he inched closer every minute. He coughed out blood every other moment, you too. You also struggled to reach closer for him.

"Saranghae.." you both said the moment your fingers touched. Tears rolled down both your cheeks as you both closed your eyes, lying hand in hand....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the bad ending. You must be disappointed that the ending is so short after not updating for so long. I'm really sorry.. but i can't think of anything better... haiz..T.T