Chapter 22

Under the Moonlight

You were almost recovered and you decided to go back to school. Kai said that he will pick you up for school. You both held hands, fingers intertwined and walked on the streets to school. It was very early so no one will see you together with him.

"kai.." you called him.

"eo?" he replied.

"what are you going to do about yoona?" you asked.

"hmm.. i'll just tell her that i have you..." Kai said. "Don't worry.. i won't hurt you anymore..."

"but don't hurt her too.." you said. You both got to class and went to your seats and the rest of EXO came shortly after. Soon, others started coming into school. Yoona came into class and saw you and Kai talking along with Baekhyun. Baekhyun was still hurt but he tried not to show it.

"oh..welcome back to class...it's been long.." Yoona said, with jealousy.

"annyeong.." you greeted her back.

"let's have lunch later ok?" Kai asked you and you nodded. He patted your head and you could tell that Yoona was almost crying. You knew how she felt but there was nothing you can do. "Don't worry.." Kai mouthed to you.

It was soon lunch time and you walked out of the classroom with Kai, Sehun, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "Yoona-ssi..do you want to join us?" you turned behind to ask her who is fuming mad when Kai ignored her.

"no its ok.. thanks.." she gave you a cold reply.

"Kai..actually you should continue with your act with her... you both should keep a low profile instead..." Baekhyun said. "You both have more obstacles to pass through..." You wanted to ask why but you didn't since Baekhyun sounded serious and you know something might happen.

"In that case, you should go have lunch with her..." you told Kai.

"but..." he protested.

"It's ok... i have EXO with me..." you assured him.

"make sure she eats lunch hyung.." Kai asked Baekhyun and he nodded. With that, Kai went back to look for Yoona. You do feel jealous but you are afraid that something bad might happen to him so you just let him.

"Don't worry.. he loves you.." Baekhyun told you. *and i love you too..* he thought to himself.

*Skips to after school*

Kai told you to stay back till school ends so that he can walk you home. You studied in the library and waited for him to come, after he has sent Yoona home.

You both walked under the night sky together, without any words but just enjoying each other's presence. Then Kai sensed something. His eyes shifted but he didn't want to overreact in case he scares you.

"get on my back..." Kai said suddenly and bent down for you to get on his back. You did as told, not sure of why he's acting strange. "Hold on tight..." he said and you held on to him and he started running. Someone was following you two so he ran faster to your house. "get in and go to bed.. I'll meet you tomorrow morning... and, don't come out until i call you ok?" He said to you and you nodded. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you.." he cupped your face and leaned in to give you a peck on your forehead. "good night.." he said and smiled.

"Good night.." you said and smiled back at him and went inside your house. You headed to your room straight, not before telling your housekeeper to keep all the doors and windows and whatever entrances you have locked. You knew Kai sounded serious as if something was going to happen. You felt scared but you knew Kai will be there for you. But you didn't want him to get hurt so you have to protect yourself first.

You had a hard time sleeping at night as you kept thinking about what will happen.

--------------------------------------------------------

"He was following me..." Kai said the moment he reached home.

"what? what does he want exactly?" Luhan said angrily.

"need our help?" Suho offered.

"Not for now...it'll worsen the situation if you guys interfere..." D.O said.

"he's right...Just help to keep her safe..." Kai said.

"He saw her?" Baekhyun asked and Kai nodded. "Then should we keep her here?"

"I think that's a good idea..." Chen said.

"I'll take her here tomorrow.." Kai said.

"And we got to figure out a plan..." Luhan said.