Chapter 13

Under the Moonlight

"Hey guys!" Baekhyun and D.O came back, shouting.

"what is it?" Suho asked and the rest and you looked at them curiously.

"err.. nothing much haha.. just to inform you all that we're back..erm..do you want to help me in the kitchen, Yoojin ah?" D.O asked.

"ok..sure.." you said and went to the kitchen with D.O. After you were out of sight, Baekhyun gathered the rest and talked to them.

"we passed by Yoojin's house just now and the housemaid gave this to us.." Baekhyun said and took out an envelope.

"What is is about?" Kris asked calmly and took the letter.

"read it yourself and remember to keep it from Yoojin.." Baekhyun said. "I'll go check on them.." Then he walked to the kitchen and acted like nothing happened and helped you and D.O while the rest took turns to read the letter.

Dear 'friends' of Yoojin,

I'm Yoojin's father. I believe by now you all should have known who we are. We are currently running into some kind of trouble so we have to leave and chances are, we might not be able to see Yoojin again. She may not be our real daughter but we have always loved her and treated her like our own. You know about her special powers and about her half vampire identity. Please don't tell her anything unless necessary. Also, don't let her use her powers as it'll harm her if she doesn't know how to merge it with the vampire venom. She will die from it. We gave her our venom to prolong her life so please keep her safe and sound. Thanks to you guys, she's being herself again. I know she's been dating this guy too, a wolf. But one thing you don't know is that both of them will get hurt from this relationship. Love will make them lose control of their real self and they won't survive. I guess you get what i mean. In any case, we might no longer be around anymore so I'm entrusting my daughter to you. Keep her alive.

Yours Sincerely,

Yoojin's appa

"mwol..what is he talking about? why would this affect her as well?" Kai asked, not believing what he just read.

"I think it must be the adaptability of her body and the venom...She's more of a human and love will make her more human but the vampire nature of her won't allow it to happen and it will crush her slowly inside.." Chanyeol said and placed an arm on Kai's back.

"It can't be.. I won't let it happen... I can't let her die...I won't let her die..." Kai said and looked in the direction of the ktichen.

"Jongin ah... we know it's tough...but we'll support you..." Luhan said.

"yea...you're both our friends..we won't let any of you get hurt..." Chen said.

"but what can i do?" Kai asked.

"hmm...there's going to be a transfer student tomorrow...a girl... pretend to date her and force the other away.. it's painful but you have to make a choice..." Suho suggested.

"alright..." Kai said softly and sadly.

"Dinner's ready!" Baekhyun called out and the rest gathered in front of the dining table and you went to sit beside Kai.

"What's wrong?" you asked him, sensing that he's not being himself.

"Nothing...Just tired..." he replied and forced a smile. "let's eat.."

"ok.." you decided not to probe further and leave him alone.

After dinner, it was time for you to head back. You looked at Kai wanting him to send you back but instead he said, "mian Yoojin ah, i need to do something today so i can't send you home...Baekhyun hyung, can you send her back for me?" Baekhyun nodded but you were disappointed so you just nodded and head outside while he walked up the stairs, not even turning back to see you.

"what's wrong with him?" you asked yourself but Baekhyun heard it.

"he's always like that...don't think too much.." he lied, trying to make you feel better. It hurts him to see you depressed. When you reached your doorstep, he stopped you when you wanted to open the door, "Yoojin ah, no matter what happens, i'm here for you...good night..."

You were too bothered by Kai to understand what he was trying to say so you just smiled and said, "good night too oppa.. and be careful on your way back..."

"don't worry about me.. i'm a-- err nothing..bye.." He stopped, realising what he was about to say.

"you're a what? wolf? like kai?" you asked.

"you know?" Baekhyun asked, shocked.

"neh...he told me...are you too?" you asked again.

"i'm not...but i'm a vampire.." he confessed.

"woah...so i'm friends with vampires and wolves... no wonder people always avoid me as if i'm a freak.. maybe i'm a wolf or vampire too..because i feel a sense of familiarity with you all..." you told him.

"no you're not!" he said immediately, not wanting you to find out about your true identity. "You smell like human, not a vampire nor a wolf..." he came up with some reason.

"oh really? are you going to drink my blood then?" you joked.

"of course not! you're our friend!" he responded immediately.

"ok..Good night oppa.." you said and smiled to him and went inside your house.

"good night..." he said softly after you went in.

Kai's POV:

Why...why must fate play a joke on us... I'm sorry Yoojin ah..i have to hurt you... to keep you safe.. I won't let you die because of me...It's ok if you don't forgive me.. just be safe...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

haha..i know the story don't make any sense but what will happen to this pair of star-crossed lovers? is this really the end of them?