Chapter 21

Under the Moonlight

Kai carried you on his back and ran all the way to EXO's hideout. The guys were shocked to see you there.

"wow..Yoojin...you look...better?" Chanyeol said.

"do i really look that bad previously?" you asked.

"you're always pretty!" Chen said.

"thanks.." you said and smiled and the rest chuckled.

"so i guess you're feeling better now?" Baekhyun asked concernly and you nodded.

"Indeed..the power of love.." Tao said and you and Kai both blushed. Baekhyun felt sad the moment he heard that but he tried to hide it.

"Well since Yoojin is here, I will make dinner!" D.O said. "Anyone wants to help?"

"I can help you.." you offered but was immediately stopped by the rest.

"yah..you stay here to rest... I will go and help D.O hyung..." Kai ordered and you just smiled at him.

Back in the living room, the rest continued with what they were doing and some were talking to you. In the kitchen, D.O started talking to Kai.

"So you're ok? let me take a look at your injury..." D.O said and Kai showed him. It was much better than before. "wow...this is amazing..never have i come across such situation..." D.O commented and Kai smiled.

"She's just different...and i'm glad to have met her.." Kai said.

"we all know.. but just keep it low.. you don't want Don to find out..." D.O warned.

"of course..." Kai said and they started to prepare dinner.

*skips to after dinner*

You all were sitting in the living room together and watching a movie. Kai was cuddling you while Tao sat beside you and Kai to give you warmth. "So Yoojin, why did you choose Kai instead of all of us? I'm a wolf too you know?" Tao suddenly asked and the others looked on curiously.

"huh? i..er..I don't know.." you said embarrassedly and your face flushed red.

"honestly, i think i'm much cooler than Kai...so why not me?" Tao asked again.

"shut up Tao!" Chen said and threw a pillow at him and the rest laughed.

"I'm better than you!" Luhan said and then everyone started arguing on who's better than who. As much as they were vampires and wolves, they still had a little part of them which is like a child. You and Kai just laughed at them.

"Yoojin shall be the judge and rank us then...but you have to exclude Kai..." Sehun said.

"ok!" you nodded excitedly. "what are the criterias?"

"of course on how cool we are..in your opinion..." Kris said and eyed you, sternly.

"alright..so the coolest guy is..." you looked at Kris before you continued. "Baekhyun!" Baekhyun was shocked to hear his name. He looked at you confusedly. *so i do have a place in her heart?* he thought.

"Yah yoojin!" Kris frowned.

"yah kris hyung..no cheating.." Kai helped you.

"but why Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked. "why not me?" He then shot you a failed wink which made everyone giggled.

"hmm... because he's always there for me all these while..." you said and looked at him gratefully.

"speaking about that, i need to thank Baekhyun hyung for taking care of her..." Kai added.

"ah...it's ok... Yoojin is our family right? i'm just doing my part..." Baekhyun said, trying not to sound hurt. He was upset that in your eyes, he was just someone taking care of you. But he's also happy to know that you've noticed him.

"anyway, it's late already..Let me take you home.." Kai said to you.

"Kai..can i stay here?" you asked.

"of course you can!" Kai said.

"don't do anything guys..." Suho warned and the rest chuckled.

"hyung.." Kai whined.

Meanwhile, a pair of eyes was watching the house from afar and he was smirking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good things never last long don't it... The story is coming to an end soon....