Chapter 5

Under the Moonlight

You walked into school to find the 12 boys over there and looking at you.

"Yoojin ssi!" Chanyeol called out and waved to you and signaled for you to go over to them. Surprisingly, you weren't afraid to meet these group of people. Instead you felt more at ease compared to facing the crowd. You slowly walked over and maintained a distance from them though. You weren't sure of your choice.

"Yoojin, let me introduce you to our group, we are EXO!" Chanyeol said and you just bowed lightly to them, not maintaining eye contact but you know this one person was looking at you. "This is Suho, Kris, Tao, Sehun, Luhan, Lay, D.O, Xiumin, Chen, Baekhyun you've met yesterday and this is Kai." Chanyeol introduced and you looked up. When he came to Kai, you stared right into his eyes. *This eyes...it was from yesterday...was it him*

"Nice to meet you YooJin ssi.." Said the others but Kai remained silent and kept looking at you.

Kai's POV:

She walked in to school and Chanyeol hyung called out to her. She looked at us and she walked over. Seems like she's willing to open up to us. I kept staring at her, without me knowing. Chanyeol hyung introduced us one by one to her and it came to me. I wanted her to know my name. She looked right into my eyes when it came to me. I just stopped breathing for a moment. Will she recognise me? I couldn't speak.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it's lunch time, Baekhyun walked over to you and asked if you wanted to have lunch with them.

"You seemed to be skipping lunch everyday, aren't you hungry?" Baekhyun asked. You shook your head. "But it's not good.. why don't you come with us?" You looked at him and thought about all the people in the canteen then you looked away. It seems like he could read your mind. "Are you worried about the people there? Don't worry, we are here for you... there's 12 of us.. you can hide among us.." He said and smiled at you. You were kind of reassured and decided to follow them.

You maintained a distance behind them and you stopped just as they were about to enter the canteen. You held on to the ends of your blazer nervously, unsure of making the first step forward. EXO turned to look at you.

"Don't worry.. they won't hurt you.." Luhan said. You looked at him and then at the other members until you exchanged gazes with Kai. His eyes seemed to be talking to you. You felt assured and motivated by him. You walked closer to them and loosened the grip on your blazer.

"You can stand between us!" Sehun said and pulled you beside him and D.O. You still felt a little insecure and Kai seemed to noticed it so he went to stand behind you. Then you mustered your courage and took the first step in the canteen. The people were busy eating but the moment EXO appeared, almost everyone turned to look. You got frightened by the sudden stares of the people that you tumbled backwards and almost fell. Thankfully Kai caught you by your shoulders and got you back on your feet.

"Don't be afraid.." He whispered into your ear and you took in a breath and started walking again. His words seemed to give you strength. Finally you reached their seat which is at one corner of the canteen, far from the people. You sat there while they stood up to get food. You fidgeted as you were left alone at your seat, feeling scared. Thankfully for you, Kai came back first and he was holding two plates of food and he placed one in front of you. The interaction of the both of you didn't require any words as you seemed to understand what he is trying to imply and he seemed to know what you are trying to convey. You looked at him and he looked back and looked away, a meaning of 'Thank You' and 'You're welcome'. The feeling was so strange and new to you but you somehow liked it.

Kai's POV:

I saw her sitting alone while we went to get food. I could tell she is scared. I can hear her heart beating fast. I feel the need to be there by her side. Maybe i should get her some food. I need to be faster. I jumped queue and took some light snacks for her and myself then went back to the seat. I placed the plate in front of her and she looked at me. I knew she meant thanks. So i looked back at her to tell her that she's welcome. It was amazing how we communicate like this, how we can understand each other.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun's POV:

She was sitting there alone and i could read her mind that she is scared. What can i do for her. Then I saw Kai walking towards her with two plates. Is Kai interested in her? No way... He may be one of the youngest among us but he's cool enough to think before he acts. But she seemed to trust him.. a lot... And they are communicating through their mind...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short update. How do you like the story so far? Do comment :D I was thinking that it is not that good enough and it doesn't make any sense :(