Chapter 20

Under the Moonlight

"Because..." Kai began. "It will hurt you... i don't want to hurt you...so i choose to leave you..." He was lying to you, partially, as he didn't want you to think that you were the one hurting him.

"then why are you back?" you asked.

"Because you are getting more hurt... I can't bear to see you like this... Please..for my sake, stay strong..." he said, with tears in his eyes.

"what's the point of getting well and you leaving me right after that..." you said while shivering.

"No..i'm not leaving you again... I'm never going to leave you again.." He said as he wiped away your tears.

"cold..." was all you said. He got what you mean and he lay beside you to hug you, giving you warmth from his warm body. You fell asleep in his embrace as he watched you.

You woke up to see Kai sleeping beside you. You cupped his face and looked at his sleeping face. He woke up and smiled at you.

"It's night already..shall we eat dinner?" he said. You shook your head. "Have some...I'll bring it up for you..." he said and sat up from the bed.

"don't go..." you said.

"alright..i'm not going... but i'll get ahjumma to bring it up..." he said and you nodded. And then you heard a knock on the door. Kai went to get the door and it was your housekeeper with your dinner. "gomawoyo ahjumma..." He brought the porridge and sat down beside you. You sat up and he fed you. You took a small mouth of the porridege then another. It was the first time after so long that you ate. "delicious?" he asked and you nodded. You ate a quarter of the porridge and you gave up and Kai didn't want to force you to continue eating. It was great improvement already. "now that you're done eating, go get some rest..." he said and tucked you in bed.

"are you going?" you held onto his arm.

"no...i'll be staying here with you..." he said.

"hug me?" you asked.

"neh..." he said and lay beside you and you snuggled in him and smiled. "Good night.." he said and kissed you on your forehead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, you woke up to Kai looking at you, smiling and brushing your hair. "morning.." he greeted and you greeted back. "are you ready to get off bed now?" he asked and pull off your blankets. He held your hand as you slowly sat up and stepped on the ground. Days of lying on bed made your leg numb. You almost fell down but Kai got you. "I think you need some help..." He then carried you down to the living room. Your housekeeper was surprised to see you willing to come down. She was even more surprised to know how much strength Kai has given you.

"Good morning miss..." she greeted and you smiled at her. Your face were no longer as pale as it used to be. "Here's your breakfast.." she said as she brought out two bowls of porridge. Kai fed you again and you start eating slowly. This time, you finshed almost half the bowl.

"you're doing great..." Kai said and patted your head.

"you should eat too..." you told him and he nodded. He finished the bowl of porridge in a few minutes.

"Do you want to go out?" he asked you.

"where?" you asked back.

"our house..." he said. You thought of EXO and you nodded.