Chapter 19

Under the Moonlight

"What do you want?" Kai said.

"Just curious about how your girlfriend looks like.." the guy said.

"Leave her alone!" Kai snarled at him and grabbed his collar. The guy smirked and the rest of his pack arrived. D.O senses that something is wrong so he let out a howl to call out for the rest of the members.

The other members heard the howl and ran out of the house immediately. They arrived shortly at the location while Suho and Kris looked on from the window at your house. It was a wolf pack fight so vampires aren't supposed to in.

"Long time no see..." the guy said and waved to the approaching gang.

"Don, what do you want?" Chen asked.

"trying to catch someone breaking our rule..." the guy replied.

"They broke up already..." Luhan said.

"but they were once together..." the guy said.

"so what...just let things slide..." Xiumin said.

"what if i say no?" the guy continued.

"I said leave her alone!" Kai shouted angrily and transformed into his wolf form. The other members also changed into their wolf form and snapped angrily at the other pack. The other party were provoked and they changed into wolf form as well. The two packs begin growling at each other. The Don guy continued provoking the EXO wolves but EXO were trying to hold it back. One of the wolves pretended to move in the direction of your house, causing Kai to lose his patience. He leaped forward and soon both the wolf packs got into a big fight.

"Yah stop!!" another wolf leaped out from the forest and everyone stopped what they were doing. Kai gave one last growl at the guy and left with the other EXO members.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They transformed back to human form and went to your house. Kai was seriously injured although he was a wolf. They carried him into your house and laid him on your couch. You were sleeping in your room and Baekhyun was watching over you. The rest attended to his wounds. Kai fell unconscious.

"Why is it healing so slowly?" Sehun asked.

"He's too weak... he's weaker than what imagine.." Suho said.

"what can we do now? we can't send him to the hospital..." Chanyeol said.

"the wounds will heal over time...but still...he's not like himself..." Luhan said.

"Let's bring him home first in case she sees him..." Kris said and the rest of EXO leaves. Baekhyun leaves shortly after, after telling your housekeeper what to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the next week, Kai was still semi-conscious and you got weaker day by day, not eating any food. You felt colder than usual and told your housekeeper to bring you more layers of blanket. It was summer but you had at least 5 layers of covers. Your face was getting more and more pale as well. Kai woke up as his wounds are almost healed. He headed down to the living where the rest were at.

"oh you're fine..." Chanyeol said when he saw Kai.

"How's she?" was the first thing Kai asked. But nobody answered him. Everyone just looked away.

"Baekhyun hyung..tell me.." Kai grabbed Baekhyun by his shoulders and asked him.

"She's not doing good..." Baekhyun said.

"no way..." Kai said and dashed out the door. No one stopped him. He ran to your house and your housekeeper let him in. He ran to your room to see you shivering on bed, lips white and face pale. He walked and sat down beside you and carassed your face. *stay strong yoojin ah...* He heard your heartbeat which was getting weaker. His tears rolled down his cheeks which dripped on your face. You woke up to see his face and you thought you were dreaming.

"Kai? is that really you?" you said in your weak voice.

"neh...it's me..i'm here..." he replied.

"why.." you asked and began to cry.

"mianhae...i didn't mean to..." Kai said and wiped off your tears.

"then why..." you asked again and looked at him.

"because...." Kai began.