Chapter 1

Under the Moonlight

It was the first day of high school. As usual, to avoid people's gazes, you went to school early. It was a chilly morning, unusually cold. You plugged in your earpiece and placed your hands into the pockets of your coat and walked alone on the quiet streets. There was literally no one on the streets, just you and your music. After all, it's only 4am in the morning when school starts at 7am. You reached the doorstep of your school, a typical ancient buliding of a school with years of history. The gate creaked as you opened it. You were greeted by the security guard on duty. "Welcome young lady.." he said and you just smiled and nodded. You went to the garden of the school and sat there as you waited for the school to start. It was not even 5am and you fell asleep while listening to your music. Many thoughts ran through your mind as your eyes closed. *why are people always avoiding me...am i a freak..*

-->She does not know about her powers yet

Someone's POV:

*who's that? she's so early...* I thought to myself while walking into school. My friends followed behind me and they all saw her as well.

"Wow..early bird.." One of them commented.

"Probably some nerds who is afraid of being late for school.. let's head to class first.." Another guy said. As we walked into the school building, i stole one last glance at her. *who is she?*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon people started coming to school and you were awaken by the noise made by the crowd. You looked around and people were also staring at you. You quickly got up from your seat and went inside the school building to look for your classroom. You saw some of your old classmates from your middle school and they were whispering and murmuring to their new friends once they saw you and gave you a disgusted look. You ignored them and walked to the very back and corner of the classroom and took your seat. One person was staring at you the whole time but you didn't realised it. He was sitting opposite of you, at the other corner of the classroom. He saw how your classmates talked about you and showing you disgusted look. In his mind, he thought *let's ignore this and don't get into unnecessary trouble* and then he looked away. Soon, class started and the teacher entered. She asked everyone to introduce themselves but she skipped you. You knew your family has done something to get you protected, you just wanted to lead a simple and quiet life.

Someone's POV:

*why did the teacher skipped her?* I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was lunch time and you walked alone to the canteen. You glanced at the amount of people there and you head outside instead. Being in the crowd was never your thing, you preferred to be alone or with as little people as possible. You sat down somewhere and looked around. Then something or rather someone caught your eye. There was a strange feeling. They were alone as a group and you noticed there were about 12 of them. You also noticed that the other students steered away and took another route whenever they walked near them. You felt that they were like you, different from the others in school, especially this one guy who seems to be alone while with the clique. *who are they* He caught you looking at him so he turned to face you then you turned away quickly and walked off. *Strange* he thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day went on like any other school day and you went home right after school ended. Before you left, you walked past the group of guys from before and you felt that there was something strange about them. Something you can't describe. You couldn't figure that out. You then continued to walk home.

Your POV:

*Why is everything in the world so strange.. people are avoiding me... even my parents have to use connections to have me protected in school... just what is wrong with me.. why don't i even know... my family seems to be hiding something from me too... why...*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback:

It was just like any other day, going to school and the same routines repeats. But there's this group of people who didn't let you off. They like to bully you, guys teased you and girls pulled your hair. This fateful day, they brought you to an abandoned storeroom in the school and locked you inside. It was very dark and scary in there. You were terrified but there was nothing you can do. Locking you inside was not all. They managed to get a hose through a hole in the wall and sprayed water on you. The weather that day was not warm but rather cold. Your clothes were drenched and you were stuck in that dark, eerie place where no one will visit. Then you heard squeaks around you. Rats. You were afraid of them and you tried to find somewhere to hide but you couldn't see anything. You squatted at the spot you were standing and covered your ears in fear. You were only 10 at that time, they were at least one or two years older than you. How can a 10 year old girl endure all this? You eventually lose control of yourself and you screamed. And that's when people started avoiding you as when you screamed glass shattered everywhere and some parts of the school near the abandoned store out.

News of it spread and people started ignoring and judging you. They thought you were a freak, a monster. From then on, nobody dared to bully you and neither do they dare to make friends with you. Your parents got to learn about it as well but they were not as surprised. You told them about your feelings but they just simply comforted you. However, you felt that they were hiding something from you. There was some family secrets which could not be told. Whenever you asked them if there's something wrong with you, they just said that you were a very special gift given by god, nothing to worry and they loved you.