Chapter 14

Under the Moonlight

The next day you went to school as usual, but you realised Kai wasn't there with the rest. You asked Chanyeol where he went but he said he don't know too. You wanted to call him but you decided to let him have his own privacy. You didn't want to bother him. Class started and Kai came into class late. You looked at him as he walked to his seat but he didn't gave you a glance. *did anything happen?* You decided to wait until lunch time to look for him but he left the classroom once the bell rang.

As you walked with the rest of EXO to the canteen, you heard a lot of commotion from the crowd. They were talking about some new girl who transferred to the school.

"Yah! Have you guys seen the new girl yet? I heard she's really pretty!" Tao said excitedly.

"really?" Kris asked with interest.

"neh..but i haven't seen her yet... whose class is she in?" Tao asked again.

"molla.." Sehun said and the rest continued walking. You were not really paying attention as Kai was in your mind all the time. You wondered where he went.

Back in class, the teacher came in to annouce that the girl will be joining your class. Her name is Lee Yoona. The teacher also said that there will be a change in sitting arrangements.

"Byun Baekhyun, you will be moving beside Son Yoojin. Kim Jongin, you will move to the seat in front of Baekhyun. Yoona, you shall sit in front of Yoojin." The teacher said. You were happy that one of your best friends is sitting next to you and Kai is sitting in front of you, which means you are closer to him even more. You looked at him as he moved to his new seat but he didn't look at you even once. You were upset by that and Baekhyun noticed it. Baekhyun nudged you and mouthed, "wae?" but you just shook your head. School ended but you saw Kai leaving without you or the rest and you noticed the new girl looking at him. You felt jealous and you feel the need to protect your boyfriend from rivals.

Kai's POV:

This is harder than i thought.. i loved her.. i love her deeply... this is hurting me... and i'm sure she'll be hurt as well...but i'm not letting her leave me.,,leave me forever... The way she looks at me is piercing my heart.. but i can't change my mind.. Kim Jongin, you have to let her go...

You went home by yourself that day and back at home, you decided to text Kai.

YJ:oppa...where are you now?

K:at home. wae?

YJ:ani..just thinking about you and wondered where you went since you left school so early just now..

K:oh..i need to do something.sorry for not sending you home.

YJ:gwaenchana..oppa can we go to school together tomorrow?

There was no reply from him. You tried to call him but there was no answer. You texted Baekhyun instead but he answered that he don't know what's going on with Kai as well. But deep down, he knows very well what is happening.

Baekhyun's POV:

mianhae..i can't tell you the truth right now... this is not the time... stay strong Yoojin ah.. you have to stay alive...

You walked to school alone the next day and Kai was ignoring you as usual even when he saw you sitting in class. You kept thinking of what is wrong but you have no clue. You couldn't ask the rest as well because you know they will say nothing is wrong. It was lunch time but you had no appetite to eat. You looked out of the window and stared into space. Then you saw her, Yoona and then Kai. He was just standing there and looking at her. You heart broke into pieces. Tears filled your eyes but you held it in, not wanting any of the guys to see. You continued looking when you saw a car coming in fast speed and almost hitting Yoona. You gasped but your jaw dropped when you saw that Kai had ran over to her to block off the car. They were looking at each other but everyone was looking at them, including you. Then you heard comments from the others, "Omo! are they together?"/"how did she even get close to the ice prince?"/"ah..so jealous.."/"they make a good couple don't they?". These comments made you even more sad. You ran away to the toilet and hid in there to cry. EXO saw you running away but Baekhyun and Suho gave orders not to chase after you. Kai saw you running away too and he was crying in his heart.

Your POV:

Why am i crying.. why do i feel so hurt... I have never realised that i loved him that much... why is this so suffocating... what is he thinking... i want to know... he's mine.. i can't let him be taken away but what can i do? he's ignoring me and no one knows about our relationship except for EXO... and he's supposed to protect me, not her... what happened at the carpark the other day... he's not true? no way.. i know he loves me but why...

Kai's POV:

I saw her running away. I didn't want this to happen. Mianhae yoojin, for hurting you this way..forget about me and keep on living well...it'll be better this way... for you... Don't cry yoojin.. your tears is breaking my heart right now....

Yoona's POV:

why is he so charming? and where did he get that strength from... Kim Jongin, you are making me really curious...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for not updating these few weeks... because i'm overseas, no laptop, no wifi...