Chapter 7

Under the Moonlight

You and Chen went back down to the living room while Kai remained in his room.

"So, maybe you want to tell us about your past, yoojin.. so that we can help you.." Lay suddenly spoke. You looked at them and was stunned for a moment as you didn't know how to react.

"Don't be afraid.. just tell us..." Baekhyun said while taking your hand and looking into your eyes. However, you don't feel any security from his eyes. You still hesitated. Somehow you felt that they could help you but you were afraid to tell them. Baekhyun then shifted his eyes to Sehun and Sehun came over and exchanged places with Baekhyun. Sehun took your hand and went into still mode. You looked at him, unsure of what he was doing.

"Were you bullied?" Sehun asked. You stared at him with your eyes wide open. *how did he know* "I can read your mind.." he said with a smirk. *unblievable* "Thank you.." He said, "and would you mind answering my question?" You looked down and nodded. "and they started to ignore you... and people begin to avoid you?" Sehun continued. You looked at him amazed and nodded to his every question.

"So you haven't speak to anyone for 6 years.. that's why you can't speak now.." Chanyeol said. "Why not you try speaking now.. since we're friends.. we will talk to you.." You thought for a moment and decided that he was right. You have someone to talk to now so you should speak. You opened your mouth to try to make out an 'ah' sound. But still, the attempt was futile.

"it's ok.. we can try this again.. take a break first and have some water.." D.O said and handed you a drink. You took it and bowed lightly to thank him. Then Kai came down from downstairs. You looked at him as he walked down the stairs and he looked at you too. There was a strange feeling. It seemed like the others were not there, just the two of you. Baekhyun was observing the whole situation. He faked a cough to break your gaze and you looked away immediately.

"Well, should we do something else? Who wants to play soccer?" Xiumin asked and Luhan raised his hands. "Yoojin?" Xiumin asked. You thought for a moment and then you made some gestures with your hands to show that you will just watch them play. He nodded and smiled and headed outside together with the rest of the members. You followed them and sat in a chair while they played in the open space at the backyard.

You watched them as they played. They were divided into 2 groups, each consisting of 6 members. What you didn't know that they were also split into groups of wolves and vampires. As they were running around, they made a joke out of themselves. Some getting hit by the ball while some fell down. But that didn't really amuse you. What made you laugh was when Kai got knocked over by Sehun and fell down. When he stood back up, his hair was in a mess and there was grass all over his hair. That sight made everyone laughed and you too. Yes you laughed and everyone turned to look at you.

"Did i just hear you laugh?" Chen said. You looked at him with puppy eyes because you didn't realised that you were laughing. "Try it again!" Chen exclaimed. You didn't know how to laugh again.

"Try remembering what made you laughed.." Suho said and you nodded. You then turned to look at Kai and a smile creeped on your face and you started laughing again.

"OMG! You really did laughed! Now try speaking!" Tao said. You opened your mouth and tried to make out sounds. The first few tries was a failure but there was a sound, a short and soft sound which they all could hear clearly during one of the next few tries. You smiled at them, amazed by what you just achieved. All of them clapped and cheered for you except Kai but you could see him smile slightly.

Your POV:

It's so strange... he seemed to give me strength... I want to know him more...

Kai's POV:

Why do i feel so strange... I managed to make her regain her voice... She seemed to trust me a lot... Why...

Baekhyun's POV:

Kai is giving her strength..she trusted him...She smiled because of him... Does she like him.. and does he like her...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXO asked you to stay for dinner before sending you home and you agreed. D.O cooked steak for the night to feed everyone. That was their daily diet but you didn't know. All the while during dinner, Kai was looking at you and you glanced at him for a few times while Baekhyun was watching the whole scene. *This is so strange* he thought.

After dinner, you offered to help D.O wash the dishes and you managed to say out "Gomawo" slowly to thank him. "I see you are making improvements... Fighting!" D.O said and flashed you his smile.

"Let me send you home... it's getting late..." Kris said.

"can i come along?" Baekhyun asked and Kris nodded.

"hey yoojin! if you want, you can always come again tomorrow!" Luhan said and you smiled at him. With that said, you, Kris and Baekhyun left the house.

"It's so strange, don't you guys think so?" Sehun asked.

"Why?" Xiumin asked.

"I don't have any thoughts on her... Don't you all?" Sehun said.

"She has no effect on us, Sehun.." Tao said.

"But he's right.. i treated her as a friend... no intention of harming her.. even though she smelled perfect.." Chanyeol said and smirked.

"That's true...but keep it to friends guys.." Suho said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Gomawo.." you managed to say out again to Kris and Baekhyun.

"welcome...keep up with your improvement.."Kris said.

"So do you want us to pick you up tomorrow?" Baekhyun asked and you thought for a while before you nodded. Baekhyun and Kris smiled at you. Just then your parents came out.

"my daughter is back home already?" Your mother said. Baekhyun and Kris saw them and they bowed politely. Your parents returned them with a light bow.

"Thanks for sending her home.." Your father said.

"No problem uncle.. we should take our leave now.. see you tomorrow Yoojin.." Baekhyun said and waved to you while you waved back at them. You then went back into your house with your parents.

"I see that you have made some friends.." your mother said and smiled at you and you nodded. "They seemed to be..nice.." she said, voice trailing off at the last word and she turned to your father.

"well, it's getting late..go wash up and have a good rest.." Your father said and you went upstairs while your parents remained in the living room. Seeing you disappearing out of their sight, they looked at each other worriedly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They are one of us.." Kris said in the car.

"I know.. no wonder she looked so familiar to me...we met them before... family meeting... but Yoojin is not.. she's human.." Baekhyun said.

"Let's ask Suho later... His family should know..." Kris said and Baekhyun nodded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's kind of boring isn't it? Just bear with it for a little.. i promise it'll be better as the story progresses...