Chapter 8 - The Other Guy

Wanted: Boyfriend

 

Hi to my new subscribers!!

 

 

***********************************************************************************************************

 

(a/n: The italized words are the thoughts of the characters while the emphasized words are their conversation.)

 

Dara was left there dumbfounded. She doesn’t know the reason why her bestfriend got mad at her. She was sitting there for a while just staring at nothing in particular.

 

Dara: “Why is he like that? Aish, sometimes I really can’t understand men. Geez, and they say that a woman’s mind is hard to read. Just look at them.”

 

Suddenly, Dara’s phone rings. ‘Hate you eh eh eh eh eh’

 

START OF CALL

-----------------------------------------------

Dara: “Yobosaeyo?!” Dara answered with an irritated voice.

Bom: “Yah! It’s me. Your oh-so-gorgeous friend. Soooo, How was your date?”

Dara: “Aish! Uggh, I think he’s really crazy.”

Bom: “Huh?”

Dara: “I don’t even know why he got mad at me.”

Bom: “Santokki, it looks like your just speaking to yourself. I can’t understand what you’re saying since you’re not telling the whole story.”

Dara: “It’s a bit long actually so I’ll tell you later when I got back there. He really pissed me off!”

Bom: “Relax santokki. You might kill someone on your way here with your temper. Keke.”

Dara: “I can control myself thank you very much, unlike other people there who I think can create a massive massacre outbreak if she got pissed. Kekeke. Kidding! Annyong!”

Bom: “That’s ri….. YAH!!” Bom yelled through the phone but the smart Santokki already hung up on her.

-----------------------------------------------

END OF CALL

 

Dara: “Wew!! That was close… Keke I better leave now.”

 

 

YOUNGBAE’s POV

 

Youngbae: “What’s taking them so long? Aish! I shouldn’t have let those two buy the food. Really!!! Those two are not answering my calls.”

 

Seungri: “Hyung! Just follow them. My ears are already bleeding from your continuous blabber. You’re worse than my mom. Geez!”

 

Youngbae: “Yah! Seungrat! Do you really want to be a fried rat huh!? I’m still your hyung who saved you from the dragon’s wrath earlier. Have some respect.”

 

Seungri: “Oh, I’m so sorry hyung. I mean you should really follow them. I’m really hungry already. Kekeke”

 

Youngbae: “I really wouldn’t introduce you to my cousin. Okay dongsaengs, I’ll be leaving.”

 

Seungri: “Waa! Hyung! Don’t be like this to me!.....”

 

That was Seungri’s last line before I close the door to his face. Hahaha. That’s his punishment for not respecting his hyung. On the other hand, why are those two taking so long?

 

After what seems like forever finding them, I’m starting to think that those two run off with the food.

 

 

Youngbae oppa!!!

 

 

Someone called my name? But who?

 

Youngbae: “Woah!”

 

I think I bumped at someone.

 

Youngbae: “Miss, are you okay?”

 

Is she deaf? She can’t hear me? She’s just sitting at the ground while finding something.

 

Youngbae: “Miss, I said are you okay? What are you… Oh! Sh*t. I’m so sorry.”

 

I pick up her eyeglass that was now shattered.

 

The girl: “Why? Where’s my eyeglass? I can’t find it. Can you please help me ahjussi?”

 

Youngbae: “Amm… Miss, I’m really sorry but I think I stepped on your eyeglass when I bumped at you and n-now it’s broken already.”

 

The girl suddenly looks up at me with a shocked look at her face. I really can’t focus on her expression right now. Damn! She has an innocent looking face and she’s really beautiful minus the eyeglass. I think I’m a genius for stepping on her eyeglass coz I will not appreciate her beauty if she’s wearing her big eyeglass.

 

Innocent-looking girl: “What?!?!?!”

 

Woah! Under that innocent-looking face is a raging beast. How can she have that loud, big voice for a petite girl like her?

 

Innocent-looking girl: “How can I go back to our dorm now? Why did you step on it? Aish!”

Youngbae: “I’m really sorry. I didn’t see it there and it’s already too late when I realized that I’ve stepped on it.”

Innocent-looking girl: “Aish! Since It happened already, I can’t do anything to change it now.”

 

She was about to leave looking like an old blind man without the walking stick while bumping now and then to someone when…

 

Youngbae: “Hey! Slow down”

Innocent-looking girl: “What now?”

Youngbae: “I can just walk you to your house you know. I’m feeling guilty about what I’ve done. Or I’ll just buy you a new eyeglass.”
Innocent-looking girl: “Stranger, you don’t need to do that”

 

A smile slowly crept on my face.

Youngbae: “Oh yes, I will”

 

I suddenly grab her hand to guide her because she’s obviously blind right now. Yes! Don’t be malicious. That’s my only reason.

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

Unknown person: *talking on the phone with someone*“Hey, we’ve got a problem. I think she’s telling the truth. And the worst of all, his boyfriend is Youngbae oppa! What will we do now?”

 

*Listening to what the other person is saying*

 

Unknown person: “I know right. I too think that it’s impossible but I saw Youngbae oppa hold her hand. I even called out Youngbae oppa’s name but he didn’t even notice me. Hey, think of a plan. Palli!”

 

*Listening to what the other person is saying*

 

Unknown person: “Okay, I think that plan will definitely let us win. You’re really a genius V. I will never let that nerd take away Youngbae oppa. Bye!”*ends the call*

 

“Park Sandara, just wait coz the worst is yet to come to you.”

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

I was just on my way to the bus stop to go back to our dorm when I bumped into someone. As I was finding my glasses, this stranger said that he broke it. Aish! Why am I so unlucky today? Wae? And now…

 

 

Oh my gosh! This stranger who must-not-be-named. Kidding! I really don’t know his name yet but what if he takes advantage on my oh-so-gorgeous body?

 

Okay…

 

Okay…

 

I’ll change it. I know what you’re thinking. Here, what if he takes advantage on my petite body. And worst of all, he’s holding my hand. It’s creeping me out.

 

Dara: “Ahmm, Ahjussi. I can manage. I don’t need your help anymore.”

He-who-must-not-be-named: “Miss, first of all I’m not an ahjussi. I even think I’m older than you. I’m Dong Youngbae by the way and you really need my help. You’re like a blind person without your eyeglass. So, since it’s my fault I’ll just buy you a new one.”

Dara: “I don’t think I can easily trust a stranger. My omma said to ‘not to talk to strangers’.”

Youngbae: “But you’re already talking to me so I’m not a stranger to you now right?”

Dara: “I’m talking to you because…”

Youngbae: “Just trust me okay? If you don’t trust me here hold my cellphone for a while for an assurance that I’m not a bad guy.”

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

Youngbae handed his cellphone to Dara.

 

Dara: “But…”

Youngbae: “No buts. Let’s go. I’ll buy you a new eyeglass.”

Dara: “No!”

Youngbae: “Why?”

Dara: “You don’t need to do that. I have some spare glasses to our dorm and I only use the glasses made by our family’s close friend. That’s why I have many spare glasses with me.”

Youngbae: “Oh, Then I’ll walk you to your dorm then.” He said while smiling making his eyes disappear.

Dara: “*sigh* Okay, since I think I can’t argue my way out anymore. I’ll just let you accompany me to my dorm. I’m Dara by the way.”

 

KIM SOO HYUN’s POV

 

Kim Soo Hyun: “Aish!!”

 

I’m currently massaging my forehead coz I think my head will burst any minute now. What am I thinking saying those things to her?

 

After I return here in our dorm (where the SHINee members are also staying), I just go straight here in my room. The door suddenly opens…

 

Taemin: “Hyung! How was it?”

Jonghyun: “how did it go? Huh? Huh?”

Key: “Did she accept your gift? If, not can I have it? Jebal!”

Kim Soo Hyun: “AIsh! You’re making my head ache more”

Jonghyun: “oooh, I think someone’s in the bad mood. Why? What happened? I thought you’ll be happy after going out with your ‘so called bestfriend’.”

Minho: “You can tell it to us. We’re your friends. We can help you with your problems.”

All eyes are now on Minho.

 

Minho: “What?!? Did I say something wrong?”

Taemin: “No hyung. You said the right thing to say. But that’s what shocked us, you said something and it’s not just a word but 3 sentences. That’s an achievement hyung! Congratulations!”

Minho: “Ehh???”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Okay guys cut it out. I’ll tell you what happened”

 

Kim Soo Hyun told them what happened at the restaurant.

 

Key: “so that’s what happened. It looks like I smell hmmmm… *cough*I-i-indenial *cough*

Jonghyun: “I also smell *cough*j-j-jealousy *cough*

Taemin: “hyung, i smell *cough*o-overprotective much *cough*

 

Onew who have just arrived barged in at Kim Soo Hyun’s room.

 

Onew: “What smell are you talking about? Hmm… You’re right I smell…”

Jonghyun: “Smell what? Jealousy, indenial or overprotectiveness?”

Onew: “I smell…

 

..

.

 

CHICKEN!!”

 

Shouting while getting the bucket of chicken to Kim Soo Hyun’s side.

 

Onew: “My chicken!! We’re finally together again! After all this times that we’ve been apart, I really miss you so much.”

 

The remaining boys only looked at each other, and then they look at each other and said in unison.

“Whatever he does, it’s Onew’s condition.”

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

Since Youngbae’s car is in coding (and he doesn’t want to borrow GD’s car), they both took to bring back Dara to her dorm.

 

Dara: “Stranger, are we there yet?”

Youngbae: “Hey, stop calling me stranger. I have a name you know and we’re not there yet.”

 

*Silence*

 

*Silence*

 

After 5 minutes…

Dara: “Are we there yet?”

Youngbae: “Not yet”

 

 

*Silence*

 

*Silence*

 

After 10 minutes…

Dara: “Are we there yet?”

Youngbae: “Not yet”This is really really awkward.

Dara: “Hey stranger, can you please say something other than not yet. I think I’m gonna die from awkwardness if this goes on.”

Youngbae: “haha... I’m thinking the same thing and didn’t I say to stop calling me stranger. May I remind you I’m Youngbae.”

Dara: “Why? Stranger is much more suited to you. I want to call people by the pet names I’ve given to them. So you’re stranger. Just be thankful by it.”

Youngbae: “Why would I be thankful to be called a stranger? You’re really weird.”

Dara: “Thank you.”

Youngbae: “Hey weird person, you’re really weird. Are you a person? Maybe you’re from Mars.”

Dara: “No, I’m from Busan. Why? Are you from Mars? I don’t think people can live in Mars. Are you an alien? Woah! Welcome to Earth!”

Youngbae: Did my question just revert to me.“You’re such a weird person. Oh so you’re from Busan. Then, what are you doing here in Seoul.”

Dara: “Can’t you see?”

Youngbae: “See what?”

Dara: “Aigoo, I think you’re the blind one here.”

Youngbae: “huh? Oh! You’re studying at the SNU. What is your course then?”

Dara: “I’m in the college of music.”

Youngbae: “Really? Me too! But I’m studying at Yonsei University”

Dara: “Really?! What year are you?”

Youngbae: “I’m only in my first year. I really though you’re only in your high school years.”

Dara: “Ehh, we’re of the same age. Maybe you know my bestfriend. He’s also studying at Yonsei in the college of music.”

Youngbae: “He? Who? What’s his name?”

Dara: “He’s…”Dara was cut off by the voice of the bus driver.

Youngbae: “Oh! We’re here. Let’s go”Youngbae said while offering his hand to assist Dara.

 

At the bus’ door, Youngbae’s helping Dara when Dara tripped and stumbled forward to where Youngbae is. Good thing that Youngbae has a fast reflex.

 

Youngbae: “Are you okay?”

 

It was then that Youngbae noticed that their faces are just an inch apart from each other.

 

Youngbae: Why am I so nervous? Heart! I’m commanding you to stop right now. Err… I mean slow down.

Dara: “Thanks. I’m such a clumsy person. Keke. Ouch”

Youngbae: “Why? Are you hurt?”

Dara: “Ouch, I think I’ve sprained my ankle. Why is this happening to me? First, I’m blind then now I have a sprained ankle. Aish! I’m so unlucky!”

Youngbae: “Hey, weird person. Stop being a drama queen. Let me take a look at your sprained ankle.”

Dara: “Are you a doctor?”              

Youngbae: “No, just let me see it. Aish, so stubborn.”

Dara: “Aww… Aww… Stop twisting it, it hurts.”

Youngbae: “You need to go to a doctor to treat your sprained ankle. You can’t walk having a sprained ankle.”

Dara: “So? What do you want me to do? Fly to our dorm? Stranger, can’t you see I don’t have wings or do you want me to crawl otherwise?”

Youngbae: “Aigoo, you’re a weird person. Here, ride in my back. I’ll carry you to your dorm. Palli.”

Dara: “Ehh???”

Youngbae: “I said…”

Dara: “NO! Don’t repeat what you’ve said. I heard it. Are you? Are you going to take advantage of my body?”Dara said while shielding her body with her arms.

Youngbae: “Ehh?? I’m not that kind of person weird girl. Palli! It’s getting late.”

Dara: “Aish, arasso.”

Youngbae: “Uggh, you’re really heavy for a petite girl.”

Dara: “No, I’m not.”

Youngbae: “Yes, you are.”

Dara: “No, I’m not.”

Youngbae: “Yes, you are.”

Dara: “No, I’m not.”

Youngbae: “Yes, you are.”

Dara: “No, I’m not. Hey stranger, I’m fine here. You can bring me down now. It’s already the gate going to our dorm.”

Youngbae: “A-ni. I’ll bring you to your dorm.”

Dara: “No need to. Can you please bring me down now? And boys are not allowed in our dorm.”

Youngbae: “You can’t fool me. My cousin is also staying there. There’s no rule like that.”

Dara: “Yah! Bring me down now. If you will not bring me down, I’ll scream. Are you bringing me down now?”

Youngbae: “A-ni-yo!”

Dara: “Aish!! You’ve asked for it. Hey! Help!! Help me please!!!”

 

“YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Dara and Youngbae stopped bickering with each other.

Youngbae: “Who is that?”

Dara: “I’ve heard that voice before…

 

uh-oh!

 

Bominator is here!”

 

Bom: “Yah! You maniac! What are you doing to my Santokki!!”

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

>Please be reminded that the characters and the school here is fictional only. I do not own any of them. This is just a figment of my imagination.

 

 

Sorry for the late update. The lazy bugs bit me again. I’m trying to stay away from them. Kekeke. Also, I’m so busy reading other Daragon fanfics. Can you suggest other good daragon fanfics for me to read? Thank you!! =))))

 

This is a special day!! Wooooooo!! It’s Tabi’s birthday!

Kyaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FANGIRL MODE: ON! I’m really glad that there is a date in the calendar such as Nov. 4 coz without it there will be no Choi Seunghyun aka TOP of Bigbang aka Tabi! I would like to thank his parents especially his mom for giving birth to him! Hahaha! This really happens when my fangirl side is ON.

 

 

Saengil Chukha Hamnida Tabi!!!

 

Thanks for the new subscribers!

Comments are much appreciated.

Welcome to silent readers! =))))))))))))))