Chapter 3 - The Bet

Wanted: Boyfriend

a/n: The italized words are the thoughts of the characters while the emphasized words are their conversation.

 

DARA’s POV

I'm really enjoying my first week here in Seoul. Together with my ‘oh so supportive’ bestfriend, we’ve gone to many places already like

(a/n: The words inside the parenthesis are the thoughts of Dara)

 

Children's Grand Park (Ooohh.. Im feeling like a child again keke.)

 

 

N-Seoul Tower (I wanna go back here with my boyfriend. If there will be. I hope sooo!! *cross finger*)

 

 

Gyeongbok-gung Palace (Wanna live here like a princess!)

 

 

and Han River (The place is just so relaxing to look at.)

 

 

 

Roaming around different scenic views and famous places here. I really have so much fun!! Really?!? Aigoo, I’m acting like an ignorant Korean girl kekeke.

 

I also like his unni’s house. It’s where we will be staying while the class is not yet starting. Coz once the class starts we will need to stay to our dorms. Aw, I’ll miss my bestfriend so much.

A day before the class starts, after we have our dinner, his unni excused herself coz she has to go to work already. (a/n: Yes, her sister works at night).

After that..

 

Dara: "kajang chinhan chingu!(Bestfriend in english) Are you ready to go to Yonsei University tomorrow?"

Kim Soo Hyun: "Neh, I'm really excited. Imagine me having some beautiful and y classmates. Ooohhh. That would feel like heaven! haha" Soo hyun said while smirking.

Dara: "Eeewww, your drooling my dear chingu. kekeke. Why do you even want to see them? I'm already here. Beautiful" I said while doing the 'beautiful eyes act' 

"and I'm also y"I said while doing a y pose.

Soo hyun laugh so hard after I've done those poses.

Kim Soo Hyun: "hahahahahaha.. " Soo hyun said while holding his tummy then laughs again. "Oh, Dara. You’re really funny you know. hahaha. Waa.. My stomach is already hurting because of laughing so hard. Haha But i can't stop it. hahaha"

Dara: "Wae? Wae? That's not a joke. That's a fact. I'm really beautiful and y. Why are you laughing?!? It's not a joke!"

I pouted, do the E.T. sign and turned my back at him. I know I'm not that y but still I'm beautiful. Right? He's my bestfriend. He should encourage me. Hmpp. 

I face him while folding my arms and stared angrily at him.

Dara: "Aren't you supposed to be my 'oh so supportive' bestfriend? Then why are you laughing like that? Hmpp."

After that I turn around again. I didn't hear any words from him. After 5 minutes, I heard him say or whisper something.

Kim Soo Hyun:"Darong..."

Dara: Oooohhh, he's calling me Darong again that means... kekeke.. My plan is working.. *evil smile*

 "Wae?"I'm really restraining myself not to laugh. Good thing I turn my back on him so that he cant see my face. Hahaha I'm really restraining myself not to laugh. (a/n: haha, Dara is being playful again)

Kim Soo Hyun: "Mianhe, okay? You're actually both y and beautiful."

Dara: "Really?" I was shocked at his response. "You’re not lying?"

 

 

Kim Soo Hyun's POV

 

When I heard her say, "Why are you laughing?!? It's not a joke!" 

Then, she pouted and turns her back at me; I guess she's really mad. Aigoo, Soo Hyun what did you do.

 

Dara: "Aren't you supposed to be my 'oh so supportive' bestfriend? Then why are you laughing like that? Hmpp."

Omo! She's really mad at me. What should I do?

After that, I think for a good reason for 5 minutes. Then, i whispered to her..

Kim Soo Hyun: "Darong..."

I call her 'Darong' sometimes when she's really mad and if I’ll ask for her forgiveness.

 

Dara:  "Wae?"

This is your chance Kim Soo Hyun.

Kim Soo Hyun: "Mianhe, okay? You're actually both y and beautiful."

Actually she really is very beautiful. Although she wears those big eyeglasses, her beauty can really be seen. She has that long brown hair that flows beautifully in her back, and those expressive eyes of hers and her cute features and her porcelain skin. 

Woah! Soo hyun! Stop fantasizing. This isn't the time for that.

Dara: "Really? You’re not lying?"

Kim Soo Hyun: “ Ani, I mean you’re not that s-y BUT still your beautiful…” I said that while looking at her. I’m hiding the fact that I’m really nervous right now. I don’t want to unleash the ‘Scary Santokki.' *shivers*

 

Dara: “Um..”

Kim Soo Hyun: please. Please. Please accept it. *Cross finger*

Dara: “Okay! I accept that. You’re forgiven.”

Kim Soo Hyun: Wew! That was more nerve wrecking than our exams. “Really?” Aish! Why did I just said that? I don’t want her to take back her words.

Dara: “Yes, actually I’m not mad at you. Hahaha. I just wanna see your face like that. Wew! I’m such a good actress. Thank you very much. Hahahaha”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Aish! Park Sandara, you fooled me again. You’re the only person who can fool me you know!”

She really is the only person who can trick me. I think she fooled me countless of times already. None other than my dearest best friend Sandara Park. She is really good huh?

Dara: “Coz I never get tired of fooling you. Kekeke. By the way, what time is it?”

Kim Soo Hyun: “10 in the evening. Wae?”

Dara: “Omo! I’ll sleep already! Goodnight Soo Hyun-ie.”

After Dara head off to her room, I suddenly felt tired already. Yeah! It has been a long and tiring day.

So, I also decided to go to my room which is just right beside her room. Right after I lay down in my bed, I have to do something before I doze off.

I whispered to the wall…

Kim Soo Hyun: “Goodnight Dara. Sleep well. Dream of me.”

 

 

 

 

Dara’s first day in her school is not the first day that she wishes for. Much to her annoyance, she is the center of gossip that day. It’s not that she became the center of attraction in the university but she became the No. 1 target of the bullies when they found out that she’s from the province.

Dara: “Waa! You want to quit school huh? Me too.” Dara said while looking at herself in the mirror.

Dara’s reasons for even intending to quit school are:

1. y classmates

2. Annoying Bullies

3. Victoria –leader of the bullies and her group f(x) {I really don’t know why they named their group f(x). Is that a formula or what??}

4. Amber, Sulli, Luna and Krystal- the members of f(x) bullies

5. *grrr*

 

Dara looked at her watch, there’s still 1 hr. before her next class.

Dara: “I need to confront those bullies. They can’t make my stay here a living hell.”

 

DARA’s POV

Dara: “Yah! Why do you keep on bullying me? Don’t you have any other things to do? Like studying? We’re in Seoul National University for crying out loud!”

Victoria: “Coz you look like a person who can easily be bullied. Right girls? Hahaha. We need a little excitement here in this B-O-R-I-N-G university.”
 

Dara: Why me of all people? Then, why did you even enroll here? I think with that scatterbrain of yours you will surely fail the entrance exam here.”

Victoria: “That’s none of your business! Who are you calling scatterbrain? You filthy Busan girl!”

Amber: “Yeah! Why do you even bother going here in Seoul. Just go back to your province! You don’t belong here”

Sulli: “that’s right! Go ba………”

Dara noticed that they suddenly stopped saying hurtful things to her and started giggling.

 

Dara: Wait, why are they giggling?

 

Dara looked at who is this unlucky person that catches their attention. Coz all of the girls in the room (except me)  are also looking at that person and even half of the guys? Kekeke. Dara gasped when she saw this handsome looking angel that passes by their room.

*image at Dara's head

 

Victoria: “Waaa!!!!!! It’s Lee Min Ho oppa!  He’s so handsome. I heard he’s in our year. Saranghae oppa!” She shouted acting like a crazy fangirl.

Dara: So, Lee Min Ho is his name. What a suitable name for an angel kekeke. Back to reality Dara! “Aigoo, it’s just a boy..”

Krystal: “Morago? Just a boy? Lee Min Ho oppa is not just an ordinary man you know. He is so handsome and so perfect.”

Dara: “Shush, there are many other handsome men here in Korea”

Victoria: “Looks like OUR dara knows a lot about boys. Do you even have a boyfriend? Hahahaha”

Amber: “What?!? Dara, having a boyfriend? I don’t think so.”

Luna: “Yeah! Look at you. You have that big eyeglasses of yours and you're even wearing our school’s jogging pants under your skirt. Eeewww! Are you a girl?”

Dara: Aish! They’re degrading me again. “Wae? What’s wrong with it? I’m comfortable with this so don’t bother me about what I’m wearing. You’re not my omma!”

Victoria: “I’ll bother you as long as I want. I’m pretty sure now that you are a ‘NBSB’!”

Dara: “Huh? NBSB what?”

Victoria: “See. You don’t even know what it means!”

Dara: “Coz I don’t speak or can’t understand Alien language!”

Victoria: “It means No Boyfriend Since Birth pabo! Hahaha.. I’m correct. Right?”

Dara: Actually she’s right. It’s just that I’m not interested in boys and they are not interested in me as well for some odd reasons that I really don’t know what. The only boy that I know is my bestfriend.

“I-i-i…”

Victoria: “I knew it! You’ve never had a boyfriend. I pity you little girl hahaha! Expected from a Busan Girl!”

Dara: “Yah! Who said I never had? Actually, I have a boyfriend right now!” OMO!! What did I just say? Pabo Dara! Shut up big mouth!

Victoria:“Really? You have? You’re just lying. That’s impossible!”

Dara: “I have a boyfriend. Wae? You’re jealous because you don’t have one. Right? Hahahaha!” I guess that’s enough to shut you up.

Victoria: “You may have one b-but I bet he also comes from Busan like you. Hahaha! Who would be jealous for that? Haha! You are perfect for each other!”

Dara: Really? When will they stop! Eotteokhe? What will I say?

“Ani! He’s not from Busan. He’s really good looking and cool!”

Victoria: “If that is true then show us who your boyfriend is!”

Dara:“H-h-he can’t right now.”

Krystal: “Wae? Maybe your just really lying to us that’s why you can’t show your ‘so called boyfriend’ to us.”

Dara: “No! I’m telling the truth. He can’t because…”

Victoria: “Because of what?!”

Dara: Think of a good reason Dara!

“Because he’s still on his vacation in US”

Amber: “Oh.. Really? So, when will he be back?”

Dara: “Um.. Next week. I will definitely show my boyfriend to you losers!”

Victoria: “Losers eh? We’ll see who the loser between us is. If you can’t bring your boyfriend next week, you will scream to the whole school that you’re the ugliest, craziest in school while holding a sign board saying ‘Stay away from me. You’ll be infected by my *UGLY disease!”

Dara: “Why would I agree to that? I don't even say the B word.”

Victoria: “Oohhh, who do we have here. Angel Dara. hahaha! and if you really have a boyfriend, you should be confident right?”

Dara: “Okay! I agree to the bet. But if I have proved to you that I have a boyfriend, the three of you will do what you have just said earlier.”

Victoria: “Deal! Park Sandara, you’ll regret this!”

Suddenly, the bell rings indicating that any minute now the class will start already. The bullies go back to their place.

 

VICTORIA’s POV

After they go to their respective seats, Amber whispered to Victoria.

Amber: “V, Are you sure we’ll win this bet? I don’t want to be embarrassed in front of the whole school.”

Victoria: “Don’t you worry my dear. I’m sure she doesn’t have a boyfriend. I can tell if a person is lying or not.”

 

DARA’s POV

Am I really gonna regret this? Yeah! I think so.

Stupid Dara. Stupid Big mouth! Aish!!!

 

Eotteokhe? What will I do?

Where can I find a good looking and cool boyfriend within a week??

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

*I’m currently addicted to the song Ugly by 2ne1. I’ve even memorized their dance steps kekeke.

 

Please be reminded that the characters and the school here is fictional only. I do not own any of them.

Actually I really love Busan!

Happy Independence Day to Korea!!

 

Dara and Jiyong will be introduced in the next chap. So, stay tuned! Keke.

Comments are much appreciated.

Sorry for the wrong grammar.

 

 

 

PREVIEW

(Chapter 4)

 

"Do you really don't want to take back what you said about me?" Still smirking.

Dara: "and why would I..."

I really want to say 'and why would I take it back.

It's the truth but I was interrupted by this jerk coz he suddenly kissed me.

...

...

...

Wait! He kissed me?

"YOU JERK!! YOU ERT!!"

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A/N(Feb. 15, 2013): *sighhhhhhh* So many typos and wrong grammar. Mianhe. I'll update Chapter 17 soon! ^.^