Chapter 11 - Candidate No. 3 is DoDoong...

Wanted: Boyfriend

 

(a/n: The italized words are the thoughts of the characters while the emphasized words are their conversation.)

 

 

Minzy then spots a poster of a KPOP group.

 

Minzy: I guess I have to call this oppa for help this time.

 

 

START OF CALL

-----------------------------------------------

Minzy: “Oppa!”

Man-in-the-poster: “Oh, Minji!”

Minzy: “Oppa, can I ask for a favor?”

Man-in-the-poster: “What is it?”

Minzy: “Can you visit me and come to our school 2 days after this day?”

Man-in-the-poster: “Oh, wait. Let me just check our schedule…

 

*silence*

 

*silence*

 

…I’m so sorry Minji. I can’t come. We have a scheduled appearance on ‘Hallyu K Wave’ on that day. I’m really sorry. Is it really important?”
Minzy: “oh, it’s not that important. Don’t mind it oppa but thanks for trying. Bye!”

Man-in-the-poster: “Bye!”

-----------------------------------------------

END OF CALL

 

 

Minzy: unfortunately I’m really unlucky. I guess I really need to save my money now. Well, I’ve tried my best not only to win the bet but to also help Dara-unnie.

 

 

 

DAYS LEFT BEFORE THE BET: 2

 

 

After all of the sleepless days and nights preparing for their comeback, this was the kind of the day that the man-in-the-poster liked. Their rest day. The Han River’s calm look feels relaxing at the same time very soothing. This man-in-the-poster was wearing his usual ‘im-trying-to-hide-from-the-fans’ getup with the combination of his black hoodie, black sunglass and a matching mask.

 

 

 

To complete his day, he decided to eat his favorite streetfood which is Fish cakes.

 

 

 

 

Man-in-the-poster: “Ahjussi, how much is this delicious rice cake?*points at the rice cake*”

Ahjussi: “500won”

 

 

The man-in-the-poster savoured his favorite streetfood still with the composure of a KPOP idol who he truly is. Without him noticing that people are starting to recognize him coz in order to eat his food he needs to remove his mask.

 

Girl in uniform: “Omo! Is that Jaejoong oppa?”

Ahjumma: “Is that the JYJ guy?”

Other girls in uniform: “Jaejoong oppa! Saranghae!”

Other boys in uniform: “Go JYJ!”

Some boys in uniform:“*squeal* Kyaa!! *changes to manly voice* Oh, its Jaejoong.”

 

Jaejoong now noticed the increasing number of people of all ages and all genders surrounding him.

 

Jaejoong: uh-oh. This isn’t good.

 

The fans most especially the girls are now starting on closing the gap between them and Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong: “This is the time when I…”

Girls in uniform: “Oppa! Saranghae!”

Jaejoong: Run!!

 

The girls or rather this idol’s fans were now running behind one of the most sought over idol in Korea. But that idol is now in hysteria because he doesn’t know how to escape those screaming and squealing fans.

Jaejoong: Well, there goes my rest day. Goodbye rest day.

 

He tries to call for reinforcements but to his dismay, it seems that all of his friends are not answering their phone.

 

Then, he saw it. His last hope.

 

Jaejoong: That big truck over there would be my last hope. I need to find someplace behind that truck in which I can hide from my fans.

 

After Jaejoong reached the other side of the truck, he quickly tries to search for a hiding place before his fans spotted him going to that particular place.

 

Jaejoong: That corner over there would be my hiding place.

 

Jaejoong run with all the energy he has left in him. He reached the corner and turned when…

 

Jaejoong: “Ooops…”

 

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

Aish! I really have no friends left. Why? Here’s the reason.

 

I decided to jog near Han River today since its Saturday meaning no classes! Wooo! But nobody wants to accompany me. First, I can’t ask Soo Hyun coz I’m still angry at him for shouting at me. He’s not even calling and apologizing for it. Then, there’s Bom whom I ask but refuses me because she said she wants to have her beauty sleep until noon. She even hit me with a pillow. Aigoo, she’s like those lazy ahjummas that I’ve watched on TV. CL said she’s going to a family gathering. While our maknae has her dance class today.

 

So now, I am on my way to Han River without any friends.

 

All alone in this dangerous world.

 

Dara: I even bought them these winged hoodies so all of us have the same hoddie. *sigh*

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara is in deep thought when someone nearly bumped at her.

 

Dara: “Kyaa!!! Mmmm… Mmmmm...”

 

Jaejoong covered Dara’s mouth with his hand to prevent her from shouting.

 

Jaejoong: “Please don’t make noise. Please! I’ll remove my hand from your mouth but please don’t shout.”

Dara: “Mmmm… Mmmmm…”

 

Jaejoong then removes his hand.

 

Dara: “Are you a criminal and the police are behind you? Right?”

Jaejoong: “Huh? No.”

Dara: “Oh…”

 

Dara then notices the stranger’s face.

 

Dara: “Oh my gosh! You’re… You’re…”

 

 

 

 

 

JAEJOONG’s POV

 

This girl wearing a jogging pants and a winged hoodie with her big eyeglass and her hair in buns seems not to recognized me. Wow, that’s a good sign. But when she said…

 

Dara: “Oh my gosh! You’re… You’re…”

Jaejoong: I hope she doesn’t recognize me.“I’m what?”

Dara: “You’re a vampire!”

Jaejoong: “Eh????”

Dara: “You’re a vampire! You have soft skin just like a baby that any man on this world would never possess and your skin is so white! Oh my gosh, don’t come near me. Please, my blood is not that tasty.”

Jaejoong: “What are you talking about? I’m not a vampire and vampires don’t even come out on broad daylight.”Woah! That was close. I thought she recognized me.

Dara: “Well, but your face is really familiar. Hmm… Where did I saw it before?”

Jaejoong: “Where?”

Dara: “Oh, I remember now!”

Jaejoong: “Where?”
Dara: “You’re a celebrity right?”

Jaejoong: “Ummm…”Uh-oh.

Dara: “and you’re really famous right?”

Jaejoong: “Umm…”Please don’t recognize me!*cross finger*

Dara: “Omo!! OMO! I’m with a famous celebrity. You’re Robert Pattinson right? I’m such a huge fan and you even speak Korean. Cool!”

Jaejoong: “huh?”

Dara: “Mr. Robert Pattinson, can I have your autograph please?”

Jaejoong: “Wait! I’m not Robert Pattinson and he doesn’t even know how to speak Korean. Plus, I don’t have a british accent.”

Dara: “Oh, keke. You really look like him.”

Jaejoong: “By the way, thanks for helping me out.”

Dara: “When did I help you?”
Jaejoong: “Earlier. When you didn’t scream. That’s a big help for me.”

Dara: “Oh, that! You’re welcome Mr. Robert Pattinson… err… I mean mr. vampire oops keke… I mean… well, I don’t really know your name. So, I’ll be leaving then.”

 

AUTHOR’s  POV

 

But before Dara have the opportunity to leave. Jaejoong heard the people screaming that he might be hiding somewhere in that place.

 

Jaejoong: “Umm… Can I ask for a favor? Can you please help me get out of here and help me get to this place*pointing at the address in his phone*”

Dara: “Let me see*sees the address* Oh! It’s the same address of the dorm I’m staying at.”

Jaejoong: “Really? Do you know Minji?”

Dara: “Minji?”

Jaejoong: “Oh, I mean Gong Minzy.”

Dara: “She’s my dormmate and my friend. Why?”

Jaejoong: “I really need her help right now.”

Dara: “Ok, I’ll help you.”

Jaejoong: “Really?”

Dara: “Yes, let’s go.”

Jaejoong: “But I can’t go there. You see, there’s many people there who are following me.”

Dara: “Is that so? Well… Hmm… That’s it! Wear this!*giving him one of the winged hoodies* Give me your black hoodie. Wear that so they will not recognize you. Palli!”

 

Jaejoong then changes his black hoodie to the winged hoodie.

 

 

Dara: “Wow! Cute.”

Jaejoong: “Who? Me?”

Dara: “Conceited. No, the hoodie that I bought it’s really cute. Let’s go.”

Jaejoong: “Ok”

 

The two people-in-winged-hoodie now leaves that corner but then someone pointed at Jaejoong that Dara noticed.

 

Girl: “Is that Jae oppa?*points*”

 

Dara then thought of a plan.

 

Dara: “*whispher* Hey mr. vampire, someone seems to recognize you. Whatever happens just face forward. Arasso?”

Jaejoong: “Okay.”

Dara: “*speaking to the girl* No, who’s jae oppa? This is my boyfriend. Can’t you see? *interlocking their hands*”

Girl: “Oh, I’m sorry. *speaking to the others* that’s not Jae oppa. He wouldn’t wear that hoodie and she wouldn’t with that nerdy girl either.”

 

Dara then released Jae’s hand.

Dara: “I’m such a genius! They really for my acting.”

Jaejoong: “Yeah” Jaejoong answered who hasn’t recovered yet from what happened.

 

The two now reached the dorm where Dara is staying.

 

Dara: “Mr. Vampire, can you wait here for a bit? I’ll just see if Minkki’s already here.”

Jaejoong: “Oh, okay. Thanks for helping me.”

Dara: “Oh no. My help will cost a lot of money from you. Kidding! Kekeke.”

 

Dara tries to find Minzy but she’s not their in their dorm yet. So she called her.

START OF CALL

-----------------------------------------------

Dara: “Minkki, where are you?”

Minzy: “I’m on my way home unnie. Why?”

Dara: “There’s a Jae who is waiting for you here in our dorm.”

Minzy: “What?!? Really? Okay, I’ll go there as fast as I can. Bye unnie!”

-----------------------------------------------

END OF CALL

 

Dara then decided to wake the bominator coz of their unexpected guest.

Dara: “Bom, wake up!”

Bom: “Mmmm… I said not to wake me up until noon. Go away… Mmmm…”

Dara: “We have a visitor in the living room.”

Bom: “I don’t care.”

Dara: “It’s a boy.”

Bom: “*stands up* Really? Why didn’t you say it earlier? Who is it?”

Dara: “it’s Minkki’s visitor.”

Bom: “Hmmm… Let me take a look at him.”

 

Bom is planning on peeking in the corner to see who Minzy’s visitor is when she heard someone squeal then she saw CL with her eyes wide open.

 

Bom: “Chaerin, what happened?”

 

Cl just pointed at something or rather someone. Bom followed her gaze to where CL is pointing.

Bom: “Kyaa!!!”

Dara: “Why? What happened?”

Bom & CL:”It’s Kim Jaejoong of JYJ. OMG! OMG!”

Dara: “Hey, stop shouting! You’re scaring the visitor. Hey mr. vampire, here’s your drink. Drink it first while waiting for Minzy. She said she’ll be here in a while.”

Jae: “Thank you.”

Bom & CL: “OMG! OMG! He speaks. So y!”

Bom: “Hey wait. Santokki, why is both of you wearing the same winged hoodie. Hmmm… I smell something here.”

Dara: “Oh, that’s for Minkki. Here are yours and CLs. I bought 4 of those for us but in order to help mr. vampire here I thought of making him wear this.”

CL: “Oh, why are you helping him?”

Jaejoong: “It’s because I’ve been followed by my fans earlier. So I asked help from her.”

Dara: “What?!? Those are your fans? Are you famous?”

Bom:”Santokki, we just mentioned earlier he’s Kim Jaejoong of JYJ. Don’t you know him?”

Dara: “Ani. Are you one of the new boy groups?”

Jaejoong: “Yes”

Dara: “Oh, so that explains it. I only know S.E.S. and FIN.K.L. keke.”

CL: “Santokki, you’re so old fashioned.”

 

Minzy finally arrived at their dorm.

Minzy: “Oppa, why are you here?”

Jaejoong: “I just need your help since your dorm is the closest to where I am earlier I decided to go here. Can you please call your father and tell him to fetch me here. There are tons of fans who recognized me earlier.”

Minzy: “Okay, oppa.”

 

After Minzy called his father, Jaejoong have been fetch by a car sent by Minzy’s father. The 3 are left on the living room while Santokki goes back to her room.

CL: “Minzy, come here.”

Minzy: “Why unnie?”

Bom: “Why are you close with JYJ’s Jaejoong?”

Minzy: “Oh, that. My father is their manager that’s why I know him.”

Bom: “Really? You’re so lucky. Santokki and Jaejooong really looks like a couple when they wore those winged hoodie.”

CL: “Yes, they really look good together.”

Minzy: “Really? He’s supposed to be my candidate.”

Bom: “Omo! I’m gonna lose.”
CL: “Me too!”

Minzy: “but he can’t come on the day of the bet so he isn’t my candidate anymore.”

Bom & CL: “So lucky of us. If its Jaejoong, Minzy will surely win.”

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

From: Victoria

Message: Meet us tomorrow at the VVIP Lounge at exactly 11pm. FYI, it’s a club okay? Remember to bring your boyfriend, if you really have one but I doubt that. Haha. Ciao!

 

 

After Dara have read the text message, she then goes to the living room.

Dara: “Hey girls! There’s a change of plan. They said to meet them tomorrow and I must bring my boyfriend they said.”

CL: “What?!? Tomorrow? Why did they change the date?”

Bom: “Where will you meet?”

Dara: “VVIP Lounge”

CL: “Perfect! Youngbae’s always in there! We should ask help from him Dara.”

Bom: “Oh no no no. Dara, we should ask Minho to help you for the bet.”

CL: “Youngbae!”
Bom: “Minho!”

CL: “Bae!”

Bom: “Min!”

Dara: “Hey stop it guys. I decided to tell the truth to them. If I lied, I think it will just make things worst.”

Bom: “No! Don’t lose hope Santokki.”

CL: “Yes, we’ll help you.”

Dara: “No need. My decision is final. I’ll just face the consequences.”

 

Dara returns to her room.

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

Minzy: “Unnie! The bet is still on right?”

CL & Bom: “Of course”

CL: “I’ll make a plan”

Bom: “Me too!”

 

The two then also goes to their room leaving Minzy in the living room.

 

START OF CALL

-----------------------------------------------

Minzy: “Oppa!”

Daesung: “What is it my little sister?”

Minzy: “Can you help me? My friend needs a fake ‘boyfriend’ for tomorrow night at 11pm there in the VVIP Lounge. Can you ask one of your friends to please help me?”

Daesung: “Okay, I’ll ask them. Just wait a minute okay?”

Minzy: “Okay”

Daesung: “Seungri said he can’t coz CL would be angry at him if he would participate in your bet. TOP-hyung would not be here tomorrow night. The last person is Jiyong-hyung. He said he’ll do the bet if the girl is really pretty and if she’s y.”

Minzy: “Tell him she has both of those characteristics.”

Daesung: “Jiyong-hyung said he’s in.”

Minzy: “Thanks oppa for helping!”

Daesung: “Anything for my sister. Bye! Take care!”

-----------------------------------------------

END OF CALL

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________ 

 

>Please be reminded that the characters and the school here is fictional only. I do not own any of them. This is just a figment of my imagination.

 

 

Wooh! 2ne1 won the best New Band in the World! Congratulations 2ne1!! Good job Blackjacks!!

 

 

Thanks for the new subscribers!

Comments are much appreciated.

Welcome to silent readers! =))))))))))))))