Chapter 7 - TamTam

Wanted: Boyfriend

(a/n: The italized words are the thoughts of the characters while the emphasized words are their conversation.)

 

 

 

 

Kim Soo Hyun: “Ssantokki!!!” 

 

Dara: “Soo Hyun-ie!!   Wow!! You didn’t change haha”

Still have the same weird hairstyle. Haha

 

Kim Soo Hyun: “Same to you.”

Still have the same 1960’s eyeglasses? Haha.

 

Dara: “Who are they?”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Oh! I’ll introduce you first to my friends before we eat. Arasso?”

Dara: “Just make it quick. I’m really hungry haha.”

Kim Soo Hyun: “kay’ Hey guys, come forward. First of all this is Lee Jinki but you can just call him Onew. He hates his name. Haha!”

Onew: “Hi! I’m Onew. I’m a chicken lover by the way.”

Dara: Omo! He’s cute! Keke. Maybe I can ask a favor to him to be my boyfriend for the bet.

Kim Soo Hyun: “This is Kim Kibum. You can just call him Key. He really wants to meet you coz he wants to have a SNU student as a friend.”

Dara: Or him? Waa! He’s cute too.

Kim Soo Hyun: “This is Kim Jonghyun. He loves girls way too much. Haha”

Dara: Or him? Wow, he has a nice body!

    “Don’t worry I’ll bring my 3 other friends if I visit again”

Jonghyun: “Booyah! Haha… Thanks”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Haha.. Jonghyun your wish is already granted. And this is Minho. The silent one in the group.”

Dara: Or him? He’s so charismatic

Kim Soo Hyun: “And last but not the least. This is Lee Taemin, the baby faced maknae of the group.”

Dara: Or him? Waa! Kyeopta! Why is it that my bestfriend here is surrounded by these cool, good-looking men? “Amm… Nice to meet you all. I hope you take care of my bestfriend here. He can be a little annoying sometimes keke. Kidding!”

 

Dara looking at Soo Hyun.

Dara: “Can we eat now?”

Kim Soo Hyun: “You’re really hungry huh? Okay, let’s go. Guys, I’ve got to go. See you later!”

Onew: “Don’t forget to bring chicken at the dorm. Haha! Bye dara-ssi!”

Dara: “Dara-ssi is so formal. You can just call me Dara.”

Key, Minho, Jonghyun and Taemin: “Annyong Dara!”

Dara: “Annyong!”

 

 

 

KIM SOO HYUN’s POV

 

I’ve noticed earlier that Dara is eyeing the boys like he’s picking up things she’ll buy in a grocery store. What is it with her? I’ll ask her later.

 

Dara: “Sooo… Where will we eat? Palli! My tummy is already complaining.”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Where do you want to eat? You choose.”

Dara: “Really?!? Amm… That one! I want to eat there.”

 

Dara pointed at the street vendors lined up near Yonsei University.

 

  

 

Wow, expected from Dara. She will like anything or eat anything just so she can eat. Haha. She sure is never a picky person.

Kim Soo Hyun: “Okay, let’s go.”

Dara: “Ooohh! I like that and that one. Oh, this one smells good too. What will I eat? Hmmm.”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Just decide already. Here, this Tteokbokki here is the best!”

 

Kim Soo Hyun keeps feeding Dara different street foods coz Dara can’t decide which one taste better.

Unknown to them, there is a pair of eyes that’s been observing them.

 

 

TOP’s POV

 

As far as our assumptions are, I think our conclusion about Jiyong’s hiccups is right. Coz after Jiyong have seen the girl again eating at the nearby street vendors, all he does is look at them.

 

Can’t he see she has a boyfriend? Poor Jiyong.

 

But I knew it.

 

We are right! Haha..

“I knew it!”

Jiyong: “Ha? What did you know?”

TOP: Oops, I voiced out my opinion haha. “It’s nothing. So, we’ve already bought the Tteokbokki and Gimbap. What do you want Jiyong?”

Jiyong: “I don’t like street foods. I hate them. Let’s just go.”

TOP: “You hate them? Really?!?”

 

Its coz eventhough we’re all from rich families, we never hate street foods coz they are really mouthwatering. And Korea is known for having the best Street foods ever. Jiyong is not an exemption to that. From what I know, even when we we’re just little, Tteokbokki is Jiyong’s favorite. So why is it that he’s saying he hates it. Oww, now I know the reason.

TOP: “Really? You hate THEM?”

Jiyong: “Yes, can we just go already. Or I’ll just leave you there.”

TOP: “okay! Okay… But to clear things out. You really hate THEM so much huh? Haha”

 

Jiyong mah boy, you’re busted! Haha!

 

 

KIM SOO HYUN’s POV

 

Kim Soo Hyun: “What?!? After all that you’ve eaten. You’re still hungry? Wow, Dara. Where do you keep those foods in your petite body huh?”

Dara: “Haha! I’m really hungry. I want to eat real food now.”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Don’t you consider those street foods as real foods?”

Dara: “I mean I want to eat something with rice now. Haha! Ohh.. There! I want to eat there!”


  

 

Kim Soo Hyun: “Dara, you’ll make me poor in no time.”

Dara: “Haha! Let’s go. And may I remind you that you’ll buy Onew a bucket of chicken right? So, I’m doing you a favor.”

 

 After Dara and Soo Hyun ordered the take out for Onew and their orders, they took the seat at the far end part of the restaurant.

 

Kim Soo Hyun: “May I borrow your bag?”

Dara: “Here. Wae?”

 

Dara asks after giving her bag to Soo Hyun.

Kim Soo Hyun: “Nothing”

 

Soo Hyun puts something inside Dara’s bag. This didn’t escape Dara’s eyes.

Dara: “Yah! Yah! What are you putting in my bag?”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Haha! I’m just putting my crampled papers in your bag. I can’t seem to find any trash cans here.”

Dara: “Yah! What do you think of my bag? Trash can? Aish! Give me back my bag.”

 

To Dara’s surprise, instead of crumpled papers inside her bag, she found a cute little teddy bear.

 

  

 

Dara: “Waa! Kyeopta! So, this your gift for me? But why? It’s not my birthday yet.”

Kim Soo Hyun: “That’s my congratulatory gift for you for being accepted to SNU. Congratulations!”

Dara: “Thanks! You’re the best BESTFRIEND in the whole world! So, I’ll name him Tamtam. It’s so cute!!”

Kim Soo Hyun: “haha! Good thing you like it. Or I’ll give it to Key. He’s eyeing that teddy bear ever since I’ve bought it haha! Speaking of eyeing. Why is it that you’re eyeing my friends earlier like you’re going to buy something from the grocery store?”

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

Kim Soo Hyun: “Why is it that you’re eyeing my friends earlier like you’re going to buy something from the grocery store?”

Dara: “Amm…”

Uh-oh… I’m busted! Should I already tell him about the bet? or

 

            GOOD DARA CONSCIENCE: “Just tell him Dara. You don’t want to lie to your bestfriend do you? If you told him, he might help you.”

            BAD DARA CONSCIENCE: “No, don’t tell him Dara. Lie! Lie with all the strength you have! You will just be called stupid or idiot. Do you want to hear that from your bestfriends mouth?”

            REAL DARA: “Shut up both of you. I’m trying to think here. Let me think by myself.”

 

 

“Amm… They are just all cute. Unlike you! Kekeke.”

 

Dara reasoned out while doing the E.T. sign.

 

Kim Soo Hyun: “Dara, I know you’re lying to me right now. We’ve known each other for so long. So, I know you very well D. That(pointing at her doing the E.T. sign) means you’re lying. What is the truth? Spill it out.”

Dara: Aish, I can’t really hide anything from my bestfriend. “Okay, I’ll tell it to you. I’ve made a bet with my annoying classmates that I already have a boyfriend. So, I was thinking if maybe one of your friends can act as my boyfriend just for a day. Please?”

 

END OF DARA’s POV

 

 

Kim Soo Hyun: “What?!? Dara, why did you do that stupid bet in the first place? THAT’S JUST SO STUPID!” 

 

People are starting to look at them because of Soo Hyun’s outburst.

Dara: “I know it’s stupid but you see I’m finding a way to fix it.”

Kim Soo Hyun: “No, that’s not it. If you have decided not to agree to that stupid bet, you wouldn’t be having that kind of problem.”

Dara: “B-but they’re bullying me…”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Then, you should have not let that happen. The Dara I know fights even those guys who are bigger than her.”

Dara: “It’s coz they insulted Busan and they’ve insulted me. I know I’ve done something stupid but can you just help me out?”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Okay, I’ll help you but…”

Dara: “But?”

Kim Soo Hyun: “But you must never ever make another stupid bet again. Also…”

Dara: “Also?”

Kim Soo Hyun: “I’ll be the one to act as your boyfriend just for a day. Okay?”

Dara: “Huh? You?  It can’t be you. Maybe your…”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Why? See? I’m helping you out but you’re not agreeing to it.”

Dara: “Can it just be your friends?”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Nope”

Coz I don’t want to see you with them.

“Coz you’ll just be dragging other people with your stupidness.”

Dara: “Yah! Yah! Stop calling me stupid. I get it okay? But really! It can’t be you.”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Wae?”

Dara: “Aish, do I really need to tell you why?”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Of course”

Dara: “You’re not good looking and cool enough because…”

 

Dara was planning to say “You’re not good looking and cool enough because that is what I said to my classmates. That my boyfriend is handsome and cool” but Soo Hyun misunderstood her.

 

Kim Soo Hyun: “WHAT?!?   So, now you’re only looking at the looks of people? Since when did you start changing Dara? The Dara I know doesn’t look at people’s physical looks but looks at people’s hearts.”

Dara: “Soo Hyun, I meant…”

Kim Soo Hyun: “Stop!”  Kim Soo Hyun stands and gets his things ready to leave.

“You can start talking to me again if you bring back the Dara I know. Maybe… Maybe you’ve become just like one of those BIT** classmates you are talking about. It’s like I don’t know you anymore.”

 

Dara was left there dumbfounded and does not know what to do. If just a minute ago, she was really hungry. Now, it feels like she doesn’t want to eat anymore.

That was the first time her bestfriend has been that mad at her. He even compared her to those BIT** classmates of her. It’s like her own bestfriend is degrading her.

Her problems are really piling up.

One after another.

 

Before she went to Seoul, she thought that Seoulis like a dreamland.

A place full of smiles, a place with no worries.

A place full of bright lights which symbolizes HOPE.

 

But now, it’s like it’s the opposite. This is a place full of worries. She is not smiling either at her situation.

 

Is there really hope for her?

 

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

>Please be reminded that the characters and the school here is fictional only. I do not own any of them. This is just a figment of my imagination.

 

 

For those who are worrying if Dara and Soo Hyun will have a make-over. Hmm…

Clue: One of them will have a make-over pretty soon.

Sorry guys, can’t help it. I’m such a spoiler haha!

 

If you have any suggestions or scenes that you want to be included in this fanfic, you can post it on my wall or send a private message to me on my wall. I want to hear your ideas also. =))))

 

RANDOM: I really enjoy having a me2day account. Woah! I have 80+ friends and more than half of it are Korean celebrities and KPOP idols like Dara, GD, TOP, Bom, Lee Minho and many more!! =))) You guys should make one too. It’s really fun.

 

 

 

Thanks for the new subscribers!

Comments are much appreciated.

Welcome to silent readers! =))))))))))))))