SIXTEEN

DRY OUT TEARS

{SIXTEEN}

 

2 weeks had passed after they heard the news.

Everyone has been busy with their life. The school, the works, all in all life’s but they had never forget to at least sent a text to Baekhyun, asking his state of consciousness.

 

Baekhyun will just smile when a text enter his phone.

 

Aish! These guys… I’m fine over here. What to worry about. He thought.

 

He is fine, yes but let’s not forget that his disease didn’t show any symptoms of him dying. And he could pass out even when he’s replying the texts.

 

Hana, this girl still didn’t know Baekhyun’s condition and there’s no sign of him telling her in any time soon.

 

So Baekhyun just decided to write a letter for her, explaining everything from A to Z.

 

Chanyeol, Chen, Luhan, Kyungsoo and Sehun pay him a visit every day. They will talk and laugh and still do silly things every time they meet up.

 

Luhan and Hana are going fine. Hana had finally opened up for Luhan despite of her love to Baekhyun that still lingers around. And Luhan are okay with it.

 

He told Baekhyun every single thing about Hana, not missing any small information. Baekhyun felt his heart finally at ease after hearing that Hana had opened her heart for Luhan.

 

He sure didn’t want to die knowing that his friend are still having a cold-hearted wife, his ex-girl friend.

 

One day, Luhan came alone to visit Baekhyun at his house. As usual, Baekhyun will greet him with a smile on his face.

 

But that day, Luhan notice something in Baekhyun’s face. His face look pale than usual, his lips aren’t red anymore, his skin is cold as ice.

 

“Baek, are you okay? You look pale, and you keep on coughing since I came. Do you want me to call your parents? Do you want to go to the hospital now Baek? I can bring you.” Luhan look worried enough that it could kill him.

 

“Luhan, I’m fine. Nothing to worry about.” He assures him.

But that “I’m fine” thing doesn’t last long as Baekhyun suddenly faint before Luhan could say anything back.

 

Luhan panicked at his friend’s downfall.

 

He called out for the nurse that had been taking care of Baekhyun and called Baek’s parents.

 

Baekhyun’s parents together with Dr Lee who had been treated him all this time rush out to the room. The others came when they got emergency text from Luhan. Sehun had his hands on his sister.

 

They waited at the corner of Baekhyun’s room while Dr Lee checking on him. Hana look confused, not knowing anything.

 

After a while, Baekhyun’s awake and look very weak.

Dr Lee didn’t let him to talk or move but, this is Byun Baekhyun we are talking about.

He is so stubborn but he surely knew what he does.

 

Everyone had gathered in Byun’s resident. Every family are there, Park’s family, Do’s family, Luhan’s, Hana’s, everyone.

 

Baekhyun is their son, in his childhood and now. He still is their son even it’s not biologically related.

 

Losing him is the same as losing their own child. They didn’t bother rush out away from work when they got the text from their own child.

 

“Baek honey, rest will you?” His mother caressed his cheeks, crying.

It’s hurt to see your own son dying but she needs to be strong.

 

“No eomma, I need to talk to them first. I need to meet them first. I wanted to see your and appa’s face first. Then I’ll go to sleep.” Baekhyun said, more like whispering.

 

Sena who had standing beside Mrs Baek pressed her shoulder and give her an assuring noded.

“Let just hear his wish.” Sena whispers.

 

His mother and father went to join the other parents as they push Baekhyun’s friends forward.

 

Baekhyun look at his friends’ face one after another. He smiled to them, denying the sadness that he saw.

“Kris, Suho and Xiumin hyung, you guys are the oldest. You had always been good to me, no matter how childish I was during my childhood day. Thank you for staying by my side until now. Please, help me to take care of them later. “ Baekhyun was still smiling while saying his probably last words to them.

 

“Ailee, Seohyun, you guys are the best girl friends I ever had. Don’t let your guard down for men okay? Take care of yourself.”

 

“Kyungsoo, Kai, Lay and Tao… don’t fight each other anymore. Help out each other from now on. I won’t be with you guys anymore to ease your heart. Low down that temper okay?”

 

“Chen, Yeol, you guys are my best friend ever since we were born. I don’t know how to survive if it’s not for you guys being friend with me first. Thank you for everything. Take care of yourself now buddies. Crack up the silent, will you? Replace me when I’m vanished.”

 

Both of them were crying their heart out at Baekhyun’s words. How can they replace him? He is someone that can’t be replaced. Never.

 

“Sehun, you take care of yourself. Don’t play around too much. Your father’s company need to be take care of even Luhan is there. Take care of your mother and your sister. Remember the mission I and your father gave. Make it come true, for us.”

 

“I will hyung.”

 

“Luhan, I’m sorry for everything. Thank you for being here with me. Thank you for taking care of Hana and her family when I asked you too. Thank you for taking my place willingly. I assure you, Hana will give you happiness in anytime soon. When I’m gone, can you please open my wardrobe and take the letter? You will know which letter to take once you see it. Give it to your wife, will you?” Baekhyun smiled at him, ignoring his cracked lips.

 

“Hana, I’m sorry for this to happen. I loved you, and I still love you now. Open up for Luhan a little bit more okay? I’ll be waiting for the great news from above. “

 

He smiled at every single word that he said.

Hana, Luhan, Chanyeol, Chen and everyone around were crying to see his condition.

 

Then he called out for the parents.

“Eomma, appa, thank you for taking care of me. I’m sorry if I’m not a good son for you guys. I’m sorry I had to leave you guys too early. You will be okay without me right? Ommonim, abeoji, thank you for taking me as you non-biological son.”

 

“Baek, you need to rest. Don’t talk anymore.” Chanyeol said, not wanting his friend to grow tired.

 

“Yeol, let me see everyone first before I rest… forever.” And a tear came out from his eyes.

Tears that he’s been holding since the very first time he talked.

 

“I love you guys… “ he said that sound more to whisper, before he close his eyes. Forever.

 

And the whole room was filled with screaming, crying and sobbing as they saw Baekhyun close his eyes and breathe his last breath.

 

“Baek! Baek! Baek don’t do this to me. Baek wake up! Baek, please…” Chen cry out his friend’s name but there’s no answer or movement.

 

He fell on his feet together with the others. Luhan and Sehun had their hands on Hana, trying to support her but they fell all along because they aren’t strong enough to take their friend’s death.

 

The parents are all sad equally. They had take Baekhyun as their son and they felt the same emptiness in their heart.

 

Dr Lee went to check his impulse, and confirm his time of death.

 

Chanyeol, who had gather his strength stood up and went to his friend’s still body.

 

“Baek, thank you for everything. Thank you for every moment that you gave to us. We will cherish it, and wait for us at the other world. We’ll still be friend in the other world, Baek.”

 

Then Chen stood up, following Chanyeol’s move.

 

“Wait for us Byun Baekhyun. We’ll meet you soon enough. “ and he watched everyone in the eyes, trying to gather the strength.

 

Everyone stood up, and put their hands on each other shoulders, surrounding Baekhyun’s bed together with the parents.

 

“Rest in peace now, Byun Baekhyun…”

 

 

Byun’s resident was filled with gloomy and sadness.

 

Life is cruel. It’s not been 2 months yet after Jonghyun’s dead and now they need to face with another lost.

Byun Baekhyun.

 

Both Baekhyun and Jonghyun are someone that could not be replaced. None can replace them. They had their own way in everything they did. But now everyone lost both of them.

 

 

Hana had the most shocked out of the others as she didn’t know about Baekhyun’s condition. It takes all of them to calm her down after his death. Luhan faced the most struggles to ease her heart.

 

“We are sorry, we should have told you before but Baek insist not too.” That’s the least they can say to her now.

 

The funeral went smoothly, though they are still crying till the funeral ended. But they need to accept the fact that their friend, Byun Baekhyun are gone, forever.

 

Later at night, they decided to meet up and sit together at the park they used to hang out.

 

Nobody says anything. All are deep in their own thought.

 

“At least, Baekhyun hyung doesn’t need to feel any pain now.” Sehun finally crack the silent.

 

“Yah, it hurts to see how he endure the pain really well when he’s with us.” Chanyeol continue.

 

“He thought he could fool us with his act, saying nothing is wrong and he didn’t feel any pain. Huh, we treasure him more than we treasure ourselves.” Chen chuckled as he said and sit back.

 

When Chen sat up, everyone followed him, sitting while facing each other.

 

“He’s a good guy, but stupid at time. “ Suho says and everyone laugh at the sentence.

 

They are sad, but that doesn’t meant they need to be in solemn all the time. Until when? They still have a life to live on, and this would make Baekhyun more happy than seeing them crying and sobbing. They knew it, by heart.

 

“Luhan, have you give the letter Baek asked you too?” Kris asked out of sudden.

Everyone forget about the letter since they are all being brought in their thought.

 

Luhan nodded and all eyes were on Hana who’s sitting beside Luhan now.

 

“I didn’t read it yet. I’ll read it now.”

 

Hana open a letter that had Baekhyun’s hand writing in it.

 

Everyone listen to her enthusiastically.

 

To Kim Hana, and all…

 

By the time you read this, I’m pretty sure that I won’t be around anymore. I might be dead, or coma at least. I don’t prefer the latter as it hurt and give me pain like gahhhh, none of you will know the feeling. So, urmmm what should I say? Kim Hana, the women I had loved since the age of 15 are finally married to one of my best friend and brother Luhan. You guys are doing fine right? I’ll be waiting for the ‘news’ if you know what I mean. Hana, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about this before. I’ve had this pain since I turn 17 but at that time I thought everything are going to be fine. I thought I could get marry with you, as what we have planned. But Dr Lee said that it keep on growing and by the time I realized that I won’t live a long life, I’ve decided together with your father and my parents about you marrying Luhan. We planned it Hana, I’m sorry. Remember I told you it’s for your own good. This is it. Luhan is a great man Hana. Open your heart fully to him, then you can see how great he was. I know he can take care of you, that was why I decided to choose him. In fact, he had always loves you since… I shouldn’t told you since when but ask him will you? I know you will hate me because of this but, mehh… I’m not around anymore. HAHAHA…

Hana chuckled when she read it and the others laugh all along.

How can you say that you idiot, Chen thought.

I know you guys will be just fine. You guys, all of you are the strongest friends I’ve ever had. Err, wait… you guys are the only friends I had. Huh! I loved all of you from the bottom of my heart and I never regret it. I hope you won’t too. Ouch, it hurts okay knowing that you guys didn’t love me the way I love you.

Guys, take a good care of yourself. Those who didn’t get a partner yet, find one ASAP! You sure don’t want to end your life without a girl or men right? HEHE… live your life in the best way you can. Don’t mess up, don’t give up in anything you are doing. Always stand up when you fall. I know you guys are going to be okay even without me around. I’ll always watch you guys from above. And I’ll be waiting for you guys there.

 

Until we meet again in another world. * Don’t miss me too much! *

 

With love,

 

Byun Baekhyun <3

 

 

 

All of them stay silent when they heard Hana read the letter, until Sehun finally talk.

 

“Well, at least now we knew that he’d cherish every moment with us. And he loves us.”

Everyone nodded at Sehun’s statement.

 

“Guess we need to take his advice to live out our life as usual, even without him around. We can do this guys.” Suho assure everyone that they are going to be fine.

 

And yes they are. Hana had hug Luhan ever since she stop reading the letter.

 

Thank you for loving me, Byun Baekhyun.