FIFTEEN

DRY OUT TEARS

{FIFTEEN}

 

 

 

They meet up with the others at their usual spot. All of the sadness was hidden well at first.

 

“Hyung, Sehun didn’t come along?” Baekhyun asked Xiumin once he’d sit.

 

Xiumin and the others just shook their head, not knowing about the other three.

 

I’ll just send a message to Sehun then. Baekhyun thought.

Baek hyung: Meet up at the usual place. You alone. Oh scratch that, bring Luhan along if you can.

Sehunnie: Noona?

Baek hyung: No, unless you want to see her wailing crying screaming and fainting here.

 

Sehunnie: Ahhh, understand. See you soon!

They were waiting for Sehun and Luhan to come while talking nonsense thing.

 

 

Meanwhile, back at Hana’s place.

 

“Where are you two going?” Hana asked when she saw her husband and her brother look like a thief, sneaking to go out.

 

They stop tip toed when they heard Hana’s voice. Luhan nudged Sehun to talk but Sehun nudged his arm back.

 

Hana was there, in front of them waiting for the answer.

 

“Errrr, I have an errand to do so I need to go out for a while. “ Luhan explain.

 

“And you little man? “ Hana pointed at his brother.

 

“Awww noona, I’m going out for a bit. I need to find a girl now you know.” Sehun grinned.

 

She rolled her eyes wanted to protest when Sena came out of sudden.

 

 

“Oh Hana, let the boys have their own time won’t you? Let us have some girls’ time, hmm?” Sena immediately distract her daughter. She somehow knew where the boys are up too as his son had already told her before hands.

“Hmm fine then.” Hana agreed to her mother and that’s how the boys are safe to meet up with the others.

 

It’s not that Luhan and Sehun don’t want to bring Hana but… you know better.

 

“That’s close enough. Wheeeww!” Sehun sigh as soon as they entered the car.

 

“I feel bad for your noona, not that I don’t want to bring her but…” Luhan stop at his sentence.

 

Sehun understand his brother-in-law. He felt the same way.

 

“Well, it’s for her owns good. I’m sure didn’t want to see her fainting there.” Sehun agreed with Luhan.

 

“How will we tell her later Sehun? I don’t think I have the heart to do so.” Luhan sigh. Yes, Luhan the poor men that don’t have the heart to tell his own wife that her ex-boyfriend is dying, or worse is dead.

 

“We’ll seek some help from the others later, hyung. We got your back.”

 

With the conversation, they arrives the meeting place just to see that the others had already been waiting.

 

They took their sit and start talking random stuff before Baekhyun started to ask about Hana.

 

“Luhan, is everything okay with Hana? How is Sena-shi? Is your mother okay Sehun?” Baekhyun asked as a starter.

 

“Eomma is fine. She’s a tough woman.” Sehun grinned as Chen ruffled his hair.

 

“Well, Hana is doing just fine now. But still being cold to me, as always. “ Luhan sigh at his own sentence.

 

“Give her time. She’ll accept you just fine later. “Baekhyun assure his friend.

 

Baekhyun know why Hana acting like that plus his father’s passing away so soon.

 

“So Baek, what are you up too?” Seohyun asked when the place is in dead silent.

 

Everyone move forward to listen to Baekhyun’s speech.

 

 

“Nothing interesting, just… “ He couldn’t proceed and ask for Chanyeol’s help. 

Kyungsoo? He already had tears in his eyes, making everyone wonder what had happen.

 

Chanyeol clears his throat, not knowing how and where to start.

 

“The thing is… urmm, we went to the hospital just now. You know, Baek’s check up as usual.” Then he stayed silent for a while, thinking how should he proceed with the news.

 

“Everything is fine right? Baek, tell me everything is going just fine. Right Baek? Yeol? Kyungsoo?” Chen asked the three of them when Chanyeol stop and they stares at the ground.

 

Chen, another best friend of Baekhyun. The three of them, Baekhyun Chanyeol and Chen are the closest among the others. How Chanyeol felt a cringe in his heart, Chen felt the same way too. They grew up together, they aren’t related but the relationship that they had are even more powerful that a sibling can had.

 

Chen shook his head at the thought that his best friend is dying. Yes, he did know that Baekhyun is sick, he did knew that somehow later he will need to let his friend go. He knew it well but he still not ready to the fact.

 

Then Chanyeol proceed.

 

“The… Dr Lee said that… that… the thing has grown bigger… a-and, Baek… he…” He couldn’t proceed when tears are building up in his eyes.

 

“I’m dying. HAHA… you guys know that already. “ Baekhyun let out a dry laugh seeing the faces in front of his.

 

“Baekhyun hyung… he can’t… no, he didn’t have much time anymore.” Kyungsoo continue with tears already streaming down his cheeks.

 

“Baek… that thing… he could…” Chanyeol decided to take a whole breath before he started to finish the whole sentences in one breath.

 

“He could die in any moment now as the thing won’t show any symptoms of him dying. He could be laughing or eating with us when he suddenly collapses, forever.” Chanyeol had burst into tears together with Kyungsoo.

 

While everyone is still digesting whatever thing they had said. The environment grew silent for a moment.

 

No one had the gut to talk or say anything. Everyone had sinks into sadness. Everyone is trying hard to calm their heart down.

Their heart beat up so fast after hearing what the three had said. There’s too many questions lingering around their head but there’s no answer for it.

 

Will they be okay when Baekhyun are gone? Will Hana be okay? How will they tell Hana? How are they going to face his missing later? Can they survive without him? Will the situation be the same? Who’s going to crack up the silent when Baekhyun is gone? Who will be the joker later? Who are going to fill the one spot in their heart later?

 

They had the same questions, but not any of them had the answers.

 

Baekhyun is the light among them. No matter how gloomy the situation is, he will always be the one who light it up. He’s the sun, he’s the cloud, he’s the sky and now he’s the rain.

 

Who won’t miss his laughter, his sweet talk, his sweet charming voice? Who won’t get away from his aegyo? His way of talking to calm people down when they are mad, even when they are sad.

 

Baekhyun did all these to each one of them that were sitting there with him today. And most of all, Hana.

 

“Did Hana know already?” Kris asked, breaking the silent.

 

Baekhyun shook his head. “I don’t know how and when will I tell her.” He sighed.

 

Everyone look down back.

 

At one point, Sehun finally gather his strength and got up.

 

“Hey hey guys, let don’t be too gloomy can we? Baek hyung is still here with us. Yes, he’ll be gone someday but that’s life, right? Every living thing will come to an end somehow. That is what we know for sure but when and how, leave it to God. For now, let us cherish the moment when we still had time.” He tried to convince the others and smiled at them though it’s still hurt inside.

 

“I agreed with Sehun. Today, Baekhyun’s still here with us. It is shocking to know the news but let us accept the fact okay? Sehun’s right, let just cherish this moment together, and if tomorrow never comes for Baekhyun, at least he left us with some memories to be remember later. And he’s gone together with the memories we give.” Lay continue, wiping away his tears.

 

“ up the tears guys. Let just talk nonsense thing today and forget the news for a while hmm?” Ailee stands while wiping her tears and create a smile on her face.

 

She took Kris’s and Tao’s hand who sat beside her to stand together with her.

 

Baekhyun smiled at the determination of his friends. He loves them from the bottom of his heart, and he will bring that loves into another world later. He won’t forget it.

 

“Then Luhan, call Hana and ask her to come. I’m sure we don’t want her to miss this moment. Ouchhh, that will be even more hurt. “ Chen said as he chuckled.

 

Luhan nodded and called Hana.

 

While waiting for her, they talked nonsense thing again, forgetting the news they just heard.

 

Hana arrives after 30 minutes approximately. She was with her mother around the same area when Luhan called and her mother agreed to send her.

 

She took a sit beside Luhan, in between of Luhan and Baekhyun. Baekhyun smile warmly at her presence.

 

He had loved this girl once, he still loves her now and he will always love her till he close his eyes.

 

“What are you guys up too? Luhan said he had some errand to do so I let him go and this Sehun boy said he need to find some girl now but WALLAA! Here you are.” She rolled her eyes at Luhan and Sehun for lying.

 

“Ouch, Luhan you shouldn’t lie to her. Sehun, you know your sister very well and you still end up lying to her? I’m NOT going to imagine things she’ll do to you guys. “ Baekhyun said and everyone laugh at Luhan’s and Sehun’s face that has grow darker.

 

And the talk goes on till late at night.