FOURTEEN

DRY OUT TEARS

{FOURTEEN}

-BAEKHYUN’S, CHANYEOL’S AND KYUNGSOO’S SIDE STORY-

 

 

 

Kim Jonghyun-shi, I’m sorry I’m not able to make your daughter happy as usual. I know Luhan can…

Why must you go too soon?

 

Baekhyun is sitting alone in his room after the funeral. He somehow felt guilty for what he had planned for Hana with Jonghyun.

 

 

“Baek, you know you still can marry my daughter right? I can ask Luhan to take care of my company until Sehun graduate. You don’t have to do this.” Jonghyun.

 

“No Jonghyun-shi, how can you let someone else to take care of your company. Besides, I don’t think I can live long anyway and I don’t want to leave your daughter husbandless.”

 

“My son will be okay with it. Yes, he knew Hana for so long but still not able to talk to her, but have you ever thought that he might have a girl already?” Jinki.

 

“Whatever you think the best Baek, I will support you. But remember, if I die before you, remember to take care of my family together with Luhan.” Jonghyun.

 

“I will Jonghyun-shi.” Baekhyun.

 

 

Baekhyun had always loved Hana’s father as his own. He grew up together and Jonghyun also loves him.

 

“Baek, what are you doing sitting all alone in the room right now? Let’s go! You have an appointment today.” Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are already standing in front of his room.

 

When they get there, he didn’t know.

“Why are you… when did you arrived?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Errr, 2 hours ago?” Kyungsoo grinned when Chanyeol suddenly whacked the back of his head.

 

“We just arrived. Come on, we don’t want to be late.” Chanyeol usher Baekhyun to move.

 

They had appointment with the doctor today, okay scratch that. Baekhyun had appointment with his doctor today. It’s been a while since he got his check up.

 

Once they arrives the hospital, his mother is already there with the doctor, Dr Lee.

 

“You have arrived Baekhyun-shi. Come, let us talk for a while before we proceed okay?”

 

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo nodded at the same time.

 

“It’s been a while now. How are you doing? Feeling great?” the doctor asked.

 

“It’s still the same. Sometimes, I have a light headache but sometimes, it got worse.”

 

“Did you take the medicine that I gave? That should help slower the growth.”

 

“Yes, I did. Well, we need to scan it again to see how big it is now.”

 

“Yes, yes. Let me ask the nurse to prepare the room first.”

 

After the room are ready, Baekhyun together with the doctor enter it leaving Chanyeol and Kyungsoo behind.

 

They waited for about 30 minutes before Baekhyun come out.

 

“How was it Dr Lee?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“From what I see, it’s getting bigger as we expected it to be. But …”

 

“How long do I have?” Baekhyun asked before the doctor finished his words.

 

“Hmmm, I’m afraid not so long. This kind of thing doesn’t show any symptoms before you collapse. That’s the trick that we need to look at.” Dr Lee looks a little too disappointed as he said that.

 

“Guess I just need to be prepared anytime from now huh…” Baekhyun let out a sad laugh despite his smiling face.

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo knew their friends aren’t ready. They knew him very well that he is sad with the fact but there’s nothing they can do for him, accept than standing by his side always.

 

“We’ll get through this Baek. We will…” Chanyeol said as he took his best friend into his arms.

 

How can he be okay when his best friend is dying? How can he be calm when he already know that life could end anytime soon for Baekhyun? He grew up with him. Baekhyun is his brother no matter how people look at it. Yes, they aren’t related but he loves him much more than he loves himself.

 

Kyungsoo, this one boy who has been playing with Baekhyun since he was born. They are a year apart but that doesn’t seem to be a problem for them to get close. He loves Baekhyun as his brother, his best friend and his best listener. Whenever he created new dishes, Baekhyun would be the first person whom he’ll seek out to taste it. If and only if Baekhyun is gone, who will he seek out for? Who would taste his dishes? Who would be his best listener again?

 

Kyungsoo squeeze in between Baekhyun and Chanyeol who was hugging each other. They are men, but they can’t defeat the sadness inside, and they had fallen into tears.

 

“Guys, I think you might want to meet the others by now.” A voice had awake them from the sadness.

 

It was Baekhyun’s mother.  She knew how close they are too each other, and how close the others are with them. She had always treated them as her own sons and daughters. Nothing to differentiate among them, accept for their surname.

 

She sent them an assuring smile and asked them to go. She’s sad with the fact that she’ll be losing her son, but like the others, there’s nothing she could do to save him even though she’s a doctor herself.

 

“I’ll meet you and appa at home, eomma.” Baekhyun hug her before they departed.

 

“I’ll be waiting…” she whispers.