Baekhyun 2

Exo's Lullaby Oneshots ♪ (Not Taking Requests)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  when he sees you with your black gown for your prom.  ♪ Exo-K - Angel ♪ _______________________________________________________________________________

14 Years ago.

A little girl by the age of three, was sitting in the middle of a field filled with daisies. Her small fingers were playing with the yellow petals of the daisies, trying to create a small tiara while a sweet smile was well designed in her small face. Her cheeks were pink and her eyes lavished joy in that purely innocent moment.

A boy about seven years old, approached the girl and sat beside her, crossing his legs and resting his elbows on his legs. “Annyeong, ______-ah.” He greeted the girl and slowly approached his body of the little girl's body and then placed a quick peck on her warm cheek, feeling his own cheeks tint in a crimson red.

“Oh Baekhyun oppa, annyeong.” The little girl greeted the boy and then turned her eyes back to her fingers that this time were joining the daisies to each other.

"What are you doing, ______-ah?" The boy asked, looking curiously at her. The little girl gave a lively chuckle and looked down at her masterpiece with pride. She ran with her ​​little fingers gently through the tiara and then placed it on her head.

"Oppa, this is my tiara for our wedding." The little girl said with delight as her lips opened into a shy smile. "You know, I want to be your beautiful wife when we're older." The little girl continued to chatter and the boy listened carefully to what she said. "Oppa, you want to be my husband?" The little girl asked in her childish voice and stuck her bottom lip out.

"Sure, that would be fun." He said in a bantering tone as he gentle patted her shoulder.

 

****

3 months ago.

"Baekhyun oppa, I like you." You murmured the words to the guy who was in front of you, with your cheeks completely red because of your confession to him. You raised your head and saw his eyes wide with amazement. You diverted your face and you looked at the floor. "I like you since childhood. I only see you oppa." You went on with your confession unable to look at him. The floor wasn’t interesting but your ears were steaming at this point and you couldn’t look at him even though you wanted to.

“______-ah.” He said your name slowly, still feeling the perplexity in his entire body. He didn’t know what to say. You were like a sister to him. He harbored no amorous feelings for you. He saw you grow up with his own eyes. He took you in his lap when you were born. He even fed you. "I’m sorry my angel..." He said affectionately the nickname he always called you since you remembered and your heart sank when you hear ‘sorry’, which never meant good things. "But I don’t feel the same for you." He blurted out the truth with a certain sadness. He didn’t want to hurt you but he also didn’t want mislead you.

"You don’t feel the same for me?" You asked lifting your head and looking keenly this time into his eyes, which were looking toward your face. His lips were sealed furtively and his eyes hadn’t its normal brightness, his eyes that before smiled at you, were opaque at this moment, with no feeling, without any life. "Then why did you always gave me hope?" You asked closing your cold hands until you felt your nails pierce the flesh of the palms of your hands. "Why you agreed to be my husband when we were kids?" You asked recalling the memories that were very present in your memory and heart.

"______-ah, we were just kids." His lips parted to let out a long sigh. He wasn’t enjoying this conversation and he certainly wasn’t enjoying, seeing your face contorted with grief. "Innocent kids, and without predictions of the future." He concluded, running a hand over his face and he sighed again. "You're like a sister to me, my little sister that I adore, but only that." He established, not wanting to continue with this conversation. He just wanted to be like you two always were. Very close friends. Friends who couldn’t live without each other. Friends who told each other everything, and who trust each other since childhood.

"So that's it..." You belted out the words feeling your heart open with wounds, freshly being drilled. "You just see me as a kid." You looked again at his face and this time who decided to face the floor, it was him. "I'm 17 now and our age difference isn’t much, is just 4 years, oppa." You felt tears wishing to consume your eyes, when he didn’t answered you. "I understand..." You felt a tear escape from your eye. "Bye oppa." You quickly said and you turned your back, walking anywhere with your heart in hands.

"My angel, I’m sorry, but you'll have to be a little more patient." Baekhyun felt the sorrow invading his heart and a tear appeared in the corner of his eye as he lifted his head and looked at the sky, praying mentally. "I just hope it's not too late."

 

****

Present.

You looked in the mirror and adjusted your black gown that was glued in your body. Your eyes targeted your sad face reflected in the mirror and a lament came out from your lips. You straightened the bun that was on top of your head and you put a few strands of your bangs behind your ear. You turned away from the mirror and you sat on your bed, while waiting for your brother Chanyeol.

Your mind started wandering around by the poignant moments, as it did every day since you stopped speaking to Baekhyun. Today was exactly 3 months since you two stopped talking. You just saw him at school and when he came to your house to spend some time with Chanyeol, you would lock yourself in your room and just went out there when you saw through your window Baekhyun leave. You ignored him the best you could. Of course he tried to talk to you but you always ignored him. When he called your name in the hallways of the school, you would turn your back on him like he was a stranger. When you saw him, you would quickly change direction and would walk into any classroom to hide yourself from him. When you hear the name ‘Baekhyun’, instantly you would brought your hands to your ears to not hear the conversations that encompassed him. You were pushing hard to take him away from your heart but it wasn’t so simple.

Today was the day of your graduation and you were dressed for the prom because your brother ‘forced you’, you just wanted to be in bed, wrapped in the blan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter