Kai 5

Exo's Lullaby Oneshots ♪ (Not Taking Requests)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and Kai

Requested by: thehun01

“Oh my God, Joohee, is that you?” You turned your head to the right side all of a sudden, hearing the squeal of your best friend, Luna. She was sitting on the floor of your room, with an old box near her lap. The box was where you kept your older recollections. “Unbelievable.” She muttered to herself as you approached her with quiet steps.

You looked at the only picture that you had taken in your childhood and you slowly sighed. You sat at the side of your friend, and you took out the picture of her hands gently, looking carefully into the small photo that was now in your hands.

“Yes, unfortunately it’s me.” You whispered and the eyes of your best friend almost went out of orbit. “I was like that.”

“How is that possible? It can’t be you. I mean, you’re so different now.” She inquired, peering again at the picture. In that picture was a girl with short dark hair. Her eyes formed small moons because of the forced smile she had on her lips. The worst of it wasn’t her face, but rather, her body. She had a lot of weight, she was an obese child. Perhaps that was why she was alone in that picture. She was lonely.

“At that time I couldn’t burn off this picture because of him.” You touched gently in the picture, as you closed your eyes for a few seconds, only to open them right away when the memories wanted to resurface. You were around 8 years old in that picture. Your childhood was difficult, mostly because of your weight. Many children bullied you, especially him.

“Him?” Your friend asked with inquisitive eyes. “Who?” Another question came out speedily. She was a curious person, that, anyone could tell because she did a lot of questions. She liked to know everything, but you didn’t care until a certain extent.

“The most stupid human on Earth.” The words came out a little wrathful from your lips while his face appeared through your reminiscences. “Kim Jongin.” You spluttered and Luna’s eyes widened for the second time. Today she was having some news that had never heard since she knew you. And she knew you for a good three years.

“Kim Jongin…?” The voice of your friend was low but the name she said made it resonate three times higher in your head.

“Yes... He bullied me when I was a kid. We went to the same elementary school.” You got up and kept the box in the darkest corner of your wardrobe.

“What? Wait...!” Your friend also stood up with wide eyes and then she grabbed your arm. “Kim Jongin?! One of the popular guys in our school? That Kim Jongin?” Her voice was rising with every sentence, and she almost screamed the last sentence, such was her amazement.

“Yes, that Kim Jongin.” You rolled your eyes and you came out of your room, being followed by your friend who was still amazed by this whole conversation.

“But a rumor is spreading at school that he likes you but you always refuse him.” You stopped at the bottom of the stairs making her bump against your back. “Yah, Joohee, why don’t you accept that y guy?” She took two steps forward and stopped in front of you, resting her hands on your shoulders. “If it were me, I would accept him right away, he has a perfect , you know!”

“But apparently I’m not interested in him, nor in his own .” You removed her hands off of your shoulders and you walked down the hall, wearing your sneakers for a walk. After all, your friend came to your house for that.

“Oh for God’s sake!” Luna came behind you, shutting the door in a light thud. When she looked forward, you were already a little distant. With a twitch of her lips, she quickly reached you. “You are so silly. Why can’t you accept him?” She asked, and you stopped, getting increasingly tired of this conversation.

“Because he bullied me all the four years that I attended my elementary school.” You pointed to your front, unsure if it was in that direction where your elementary school was located. “Why he decided to show interest in me after almost eight years without seeing me? It’s because I’m no longer obese? Is it?!”

“Hey lady, calm down a bit.” Your friend raised her hands in surrender and you sighed again before turning your back on her and walk down the street with wide and quick steps. Your friend rolled her eyes and tried to keep up your pace. This time she decided to seal her lips until you resolve to speak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter