Lay 3

Exo's Lullaby Oneshots ♪ (Not Taking Requests)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  You and Lay. _______________________________________________________________________________  

Invisible tears fell from your eyes while several sighs of sorrow pierced your lips slightly parted. Your chin was resting gently in your hand while your elbow supported the weight of your head. Your left hand repeatedly fidgeted with the straw in the cup of the cappuccino that was warm minutes ago. Now it was just cold milk with dissolved coffee.

Through your long eyelashes, you looked out the window and saw the various kinds of people passing in front of the coffee shop where you spend most of your spare time since that happened. A tear welled up nearly your eyes when you remembered what had happened a month and a half ago. You missed him so much. The warmth of his arms, the softness of his hair, the charm that his every smile conveyed, and his innocent dimple which looked so lovely on his pale cheek. All of that was already past but your mind persisted in thinking about him every day.

You knew that the guilt of being like this, it was just yours. It was you who wanted this to happen. You were the one who wanted to break up with Lay and now you regretted it, but it was rare the days where you would be with him, and that tormented you. It was rare you spend a whole day with him. You two couldn’t walk through the streets together because he was immediately bombarded by fans. You two couldn’t walk hand in hand because every look that fans threw you, tormented the deepest core of your soul. See the eyes of the fans twinkle of anger against you was a total paradox, and it was sickly, feeling all those eyes on you, it was very sickly.

Another tear tried to persuade the dark path to your sad and dull eyes when you remembered the sad face of Lay, when you said the words that cursed the termination of your relationship. Why did you break up with him? Well the answer to that question was very simple. You were just tired of dating someone who wasn’t always there when you needed the most. That's what you thought, but that answer wasn’t very tangible and credible. Yes, it was true that when you needed to cry, you relied on your best friend. When you needed to vent all your grievances, you relied on your best friend. Whenever you needed something, you relied on your best friend but it was frustrating because, before, months ago, you did it with Lay, because he was your safe haven, but after a few months, it has been dissipating and you eventually grew tired.

Some of your friends would ask if you still loved him but you just kept you silent and gave no answer. Although you didn’t answer with words spoken by your mouth, your heart that pounded heavily, whenever the name ‘Lay’ came to the fore, would reply, almost shouting affirmatively, that yes, you still loved him. You loved him so much that you rebuked yourself, for having broken up with him, every night before going to bed.

After you’ve told Lay that your dating was more than finished, he tried to rip you the answer to the ‘why’, but you couldn’t give him any objective answer, you just babbled ‘I got tired’ and then you disappeared from his sight quickly. He tried to follow you but he couldn’t find you. He went to your house but you wouldn’t open the door. He sent you messages and made calls, but you just looked at the screen with tears in the eyes. Every day till now he always sent you messages. After a month and a half without seeing each other, he still continued sending you messages. He was persistent because he loved you and knowing that he lost you, it gnawed his grieved heart. Idiot. Yes you were, a lot actually.

You heard a buzz in your right side and automatically you turned your thoughtfully head to the two waitresses that were whispering close to each other. One tried to get the TV remote control of the other but the other didn’t allowed it by diverging the TV remote control while talking too fast.

"Yah, why did you change the channel?" One of them mumbled, frowning.

"Because Lay oppa will sing and I want to hear his angelic voice." The other one blinked fiercely and when your ears that were listening to the conversation without much concentration, heard the name of Lay, your heart skipped a beat. "Look, the show will start." One of the waitresses pointed with her index finger at the television with a smile from ear to ear on the lips and you looked to where she pointed.

Your respiration stopped in your throat for fast and furious seconds when you saw Lay on the television. His face, his expressive eyes, the dimple in his cheek, his silky hair, everything. He was the same, ever since that day you broke up with him. There was Lay, the guy you loved but you broke up with. Your heart almost shattered again in bits of anguish when he smiled at the camera with that smile that you missed so much.

"So Lay, I knew you volunteered to come here today." The smiling MC, approached Lay and politely laid a hand upon his shoulder. Lay gently nodded and then looked back at the camera. "Can you tell us why you volunteered to come here?" The MC asked another question.

You watched carefully every feature of his face, every move his nimble hands made, who saw him would say he was untouched since your separation, but who knew him as you knew, soon would see that his exterior was behaving in a different way from his inside. He was sad. You saw the full sadness in his bright eyes. Though he smiled, inwardly he was more than hurt. You could see it perfectly well.

"I came here to sing and dedicate a song I wrote for a person who is very important to me." He looked around and then landed his pretty eyes on the camera. Your heart began to explode suddenly. "That person decided to get out of my life but I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter