006

Yuna Inspired: Our Virtual Family [Luhan Version]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Luhan," Hana said. She was asking for help.

Luhan shyly turned around. When he did, Hana's back was facing him. She was busy trying to measure the obi around her waist. She was astoundingly beautiful in front of him, even though it was just her back that he was looking at. The dual collar made her neck length longer and although it wasn't even making Hana looked like she had curves, it made her appeared more feminine. He wished she wouldn't have to turn back, and it wasn't because he was going to have erted thoughts, but because he just couldn't imagine how beautiful Hana would look if she had turn.

Hana did turn around and bumped into his chest and he held onto her by placing his hands on the side of her waist. "Ow, why didn't you say anything?" She rubbed her nose. "Okay, you can help me with the back, but don't tie it too tight." When she looked up at Luhan, his eyes were on hers. She became uncomfortable. She touched a side of her cheek, "Is there something on my face?"

A silent whisper came from Luhan. "No."

"Are you lying to me?"

Another silent whisper. "No."

Hana became irritated at how stupid he looked just standing in front of her and not doing anything to help. "Well, are you being stupid right now?"

"No." Luhan did the unexpected. He slowly crept a hand up to the side of her cheek and with his fingers, he brushed the hair strands that were lining her face and then placed his hand gently behind her neck. His other hand was still placed around Hana's waist and he slowly moved her waist over to tap his, locking them two together. With this, Hana lost her balance and almost dived straight back into his chest once again had she not put a hand on his chest as a reflex.

"What's wrong with you?" Hana asked. "Are you okay?" She put a hand over his forehead for a temperature analysis.

Luhan took her hand and held onto it. With a gentle smile, he whispered in a low but seductive voice, "You're gorgeous."

Hana couldn't help but respond honestly. She had a feeling this wasn't his usual teasing compliments. Nervous at the current situation, she blinked so much and stuttered to find an excuse, "S-save your flirtatious pick-up lines for the other girls." She backed away and tugged at her obi, "Help me with this. You promised." She turned around again, this time, wanting to avoid looking at Luhan up front.

Other girls? Luhan looked at Hana's body up and down again. He blushed when he realized something he wished he hadn't. Hana is a girl! He looked down at her waist. I can't believe I touched that! No- I held onto that?! He scrunched up his face. Ew! I- I used my moves on Hana!

"Luhan." Hana said. She purposely sounded irritated to hurry up the situation to minimize the blushing she was hiding from him.

Luhan smiled. It's okay. Think of this...as the husband role. Let's play it that way.

Hana silently gasped when she felt one of Luhan's hands at her hips and another hand clasped on a hand of hers. "What- what are you doing?"

Luhan leaned in near her ear and teasingly whispered, "I'm going to teach you how to do it."

No, not this way! Hana flinched, "No...um, everyone is waiting, so let's just -" As she rustled with him, she accidently stepped on her own foot, and they both fell onto the bed. Lying side by side made them locked eyes with one another. Everything was quiet. They only saw the other person through the reflection of each other's eyes. Seconds later, they heard Taeyang starting to cry, so they rushed to stood back up.

Turned away, Luhan said, "I think we should have Luna help you."

Hana bashfully touched her cheeks, "Yeah, we should." She turned around right before Luhan left, "Thanks."

Luhan smiled and gave her a wink.

*

"Wait, we have to go our separate ways." Luhan said. "Taeyang, Hana and I will go this way. We'll meet up with you guys later."

"Why?" Luna asked. "I want us to go together."

Hana secured Taeyang's beanie, "Yeah, what's up with us going separate ways?"

Luhan hesitated. He hadn't thought this far. He had visualized that no one would asked and he'd would get to accomplish what he wanted to do. "L-let's just meet up later." He started rushing Hana to the opposite direction. "See ya!"

*

That Luhan! Where is he? Doesn't he know how cold it is right now for Taeyang?! Hana was left to sit all alone on a bench after being blocks away from the temple. Luhan told her that he had forgotten his wallet and needed to return back home to retrieve it. When Hana suggested that they all go together, Luhan made a fuss about it so she finally gave in.

"Taeyang...are you cold?" Hana asked Taeyang whose face was pale as snow and cold as ice. "When he-"

"Hana..."

Hana stopped talking. She had not heard this voice for a while but was still able to recognize who it belonged to. And, it belonged to someone she didn't want to meet ever again.

The cute little voice said her name again, "Hana..."

Hana was too terrified to turn her head towards the direction of the angelic voice. Just when she gulped, a crying little girl wrapped her arms around Hana and painfully sobbed into her clothes. "Hana! I miss you! I miss you!" Other hands came and wrapped their arms around Hana as she sat frozen in her seat.

The tallest and oldest of the group came forward and sat next to Hana, "Hana, he's so cute! May I hold him?"

Hana nodded and gave Taeyang to the teenage girl.

Taking this chance, the youngest of them all tapped Hana's laps. "Baby! Baby!" This little girl loved babies so much that she didn't even realized she was still one, too, well at least, in Hana's heart.

Hana picked the little girl up. "Soori."

The second oldest, Sari, started fighting over Taeyang with her older sister, Saeri. "Give me him! I want to hold him, too! Babies don't like you!"

Saeri pushed Sari away, "Stop! I got him first! Look- he's going to cry."

Sari shoved Saeri, "He's crying because you don't know how to watch him! Hurry!"

Hana began to feel uncomfortable at this familiar setting. It reminded her of the tragic summers she had spent at Mariko's house babysitting the girls. It became worst and worst when a new girl was born a year after another. It was always the same- Saeri and Sari arguing over trivial things, never coming into a conclusion. Saeri was always hitting Sari and abusing the younger girls. She claimed it as 'hard love'. Sari, although being the oldest and just two years younger than Hana, was always the one who caused trouble. She loved to make the kids wake up from their nap after Hana had put them to sleep. She loved to change her menu, always switching back and forth from wanting to eat ramen, to omelette, to steaks. It was always because of Sari that babysitting was a bit more complicated than Hana had thought. Nevertheless, Hana never once hated Sari or blamed Sari. She saw it as a positive thing, something that made her mind think of something else and not worried about the miseries of being a virtual mother to a bunch of kids that weren't hers.

Hana set Soori down and took Taeyang back. "What are you guys doing here?" She knew that the shrine she was attending with her friends and new family wasn't the same shrine that the group of girls were attending. "Where are your parents?"

"No one knows we're seeing you." Sari said. She stood up, picked up Hana, and put Hana on the bench. "We all just wanted to see you."

Hana perked up, "All?" She turned her head around when she heard rustlings in the bushes. Her eyes widen when she saw the group of kids she had left behind.

The other fifteen kids.

*

"You jerk!" Lay covered Luna's mouth as she hissed at Luhan. In the park across near where Hana and the girls were at, Luhan hid behind the small stairs, Luna hid with Lay inside a slide, and Xiumin was the only one riding the swing set like a seven-year old. Luna removed her boyfriend's hand from and exclaimed in a silent whisper, "Why did you allow them to see each other?!"

Luhan signaled Luna to hush, "Later, Luna."

Luna became pissed. "Oh, yeah, like there will be a later. You will either spill everything, or I'll spill your guts!"

Xiumin shouted, "Oi, why so mad? We're at a park. Be more-"

"XIUMIN! GET DOWN FROM THERE!" Everyone yelled at him and then duck for cover.

Xiumin hopped off from the swing and almost bashed his skull onto the ground.

Luna walked out of the slide and her boyfriend clumsily followed. "Look, you better tell me how you got their contact and why you're doing this. She's going to get hurt, don't you know?"

Luhan stood up. "No. If this doesn't happen, she will be hurt. Forever."

*

Saeri burst into tears. She looked down, wanting to avoid Hana's gaze. Saeri was the first to speak. As she spoke, her older sister kept patting her head, "Hana! I miss you! We want you back, but-!" She started to bawled so loud that her words were unable to make out of.

Everyone waited for Saeri to calm down.

When she did, she repeated everything she had said, "Hana, we’re for everything. I really want you back with Taeyang, too. We always wanted you to sleep over because you're fun, cool, and...you were like our mom."

That was the word Hana feared the most during her babysitting times.

Mother.

Hana stopped smiling and she sensed being frozen not because of the cold, but because of the word. It all started when Mariko and her husband went on their tenth anniversary trip that lasted for a week during her school week. It was so hectic. Hana had to stay at Mariko's house for the entire week, doing all the chores the only grownup should do around the house. She even had to wake up an hour earlier and come back on time to pick up the kids from daycare and from school.

One day, when she was busily giving Soori a bath, Saeri came in and accidentally said, "Mom, Sari's bothering me again!" Hana froze because she thought she had misheard Saeri calling her something she wished the girl hadn't.

Saeri covered her giggle, "Oops, I called you Mom."

That didn't stop right there. Anna laughed along and pointed her wet fingers at Hana. "Yeah, Mommy."

"Hey, Hana," said Ilsung who brought Hana back to reality. Ilsung was the oldest son from Hana's second oldest brother, Ilbeong. "Is that your baby? Yosh! You got a boy!" Ilsung was the only cocky and wanna-be cool kid she had ever had to watch. He was the boy who led the pack of kids whenever they wanted to make Hana do something. He was the boys' leader because he was the oldest.

His younger sister, Maeya was quite similar in having the same personality as him. They were both cocky, but Ilsung was more mature and more thoughtful while Maeya had the nastiest mouth ever. Both siblings loved putting down people and making fun of the younger kids. Hana feared and dread staying alone with Maeya because Maeya would usually just smack talk to her or smack talk about her, both Hana didn't like at all. Thankfully, Hana hardly watched Ilsung and his younger siblings.

"He's cute." Maeya complimented.

Hana was taken aback. She had expected more of a backlash from Maeya rather than a compliment. She stuttered, "Th-thanks." This time, all twenty kids circled around her and started picking on one another to see who can hold Taeyang next. "Wait." Hana said.

All the kids didn't hear her.

"Wait." She repeated again. Once again, no response. She sighed and smiled. She kind of missed this hectic trivial fight between her nieces and nephews. Just then, a gentle tap from a whimpering eight-year old at her side almost stopped her heart.

"Hana, we're not your kids no more?" The moment he asked this, the bickering between the kids stopped.

Hana realized it was the question the kids wanted to ask but feared to know.

His tears dripped more and his voice became hoarse. He hugged Hana's arm, "You...love...him...now...?" His touching scene made the rest of the kids started to tear up.

Even the kids who were the toughest cried, too.

Hana exhaled. She brought the eight-year old closer and hugged him tightly. He whimpered even louder, trying to hold onto his loud cry that he wanted to let out. "I still love you kids. I love you all very, very much." She looked at everyone individually, "I will always love you kids no matter what."

"Then, can you come back?" Ilsung asked. He was asking for the rest of his pack. "You can bring Taeyang with you, too. We'll take good care of him!"

Hana laughed. She knew her kids would take good care of Taeyang. As she looked off into the horizon, she saw her group of friends hiding in different areas of the small park. They knew about this? Luhan! The thought and sight of Luhan brought the memories of her new virtual marriage life with Taeyang and Luhan together. She felt a warm feeling.

Taeyang's sneeze brought her back to reality and helped made her choice, a choice she had made from day one. "Wait a moment, k." She gave Taeyang to Sari. "Hold him for a bit. I've got to do something." She walked out of the group and stopped at the sidewalk. With all her might, she shouted, "LUHAN! COME OVER HERE!"

Luhan flinched. He whispered to his friends in fear, "She called for me?"

Luna gasped, "She saw us?"

Everyone glared at Xiumin.

"It's your fault! She wouldn't had known it's us if you weren't on the swing!"

Xiumin frowned. "But, it's the park. The swing is a must!"

"SSH!" His friends hushed him.

Lay looked at Luhan with pity. "Well, you better go, or we'll get in trouble."

"What? By myself?" Luhan became nervous. "Hold on, you guys followed, so you guys are on it too!"

"You planned this. If you're going to drag anyone down, drag Xiumin," Luna said. She shoved Luhan. "Go."

Luhan stood up and smiled and waved to Hana and her group. He walked slowly to them but hasten his speed when he saw her menacing smile. "Yes, Hana?"

"Who's he?" Ilsung asked, getting all confrontational. He gently pulled Hana behind him. "I've never seen him before." Although Ilsung could be a cocky jerk at times, when it came to family, he was loving and caring and of course, protective.

Hana smiled. It was also times like this that she felt loved and protected. "Ilsung, it's okay. He's a friend. His name is Luhan."

Saeri and Soojung gasped. Soojung was the second oldest niece from Hana's oldest brother, Segi. Saeri and Soojung were the same age but have totally different personalities. They were both outgoing and boy-crazy, having almost the same amount of boy-problems that for some unknown reason, they always ask Hana about. The difference was that Soojung was more blunt and open about how she really felt. They were the two kids Hana grew up with because they were only two years apart. Hana saw them as the two little twin sisters she didn't had and they saw her as the older sister they didn't had. With Hana around, they were able to act as little girls instead of the big girl since they were the oldest in their family.

Soojung came forward and pointed at Luhan, "You the guy? You knocked up Hana?"

Hana and Luhan backed away when the kids started to march forward a bit. Luhan lightly grabbed onto Hana's arm but pulled away when he saw the millions of eyes glaring at him, waiting for a special moment to tear him into pieces.

Luhan whispered through his clenched teeth, "Oi, do something!"

Hana put out a hand and laughed. "Kids, kids. No." She pointed back and forth between herself and Luhan. "He and I? No way."

The kids stopped and listened.

"He is just a great friend of mine. He's the one who's helping me with Taeyang."

Sari came forward. "Oh, he's the one who's been responding to my emails?"

Luhan laughed nervously.

Hana slowly turned around with a glare. "Oh...really? Is that so?" She turned and slowly walked towards Luhan. "You responded...to her emails?" She acted as if she was thinking to herself. "Since when did you get Sari's contact?" She mouthed, "You are so dead, Luhan!"

Luhan clapped awkwardly. "Okay, let's forget about that." He turned Hana around. "Let's just get on with this secret meeting before your parents find out."

Hana hissed. "So, you did planned this!" She pinched him at his side. "That's what you get." Clearing , she finally said, "Kids...I'm not coming back." Before the kids could make a scene, she immediately added, "Taeyang needs me. And I need him too. Please understand." She walked over and took Taeyang back. "He's...my son, now. And..." She hesitated to say the next words, "...I'm his mother. I can't leave him."

"Take him with you!" Dohyun said. He was the oldest of his brothers, but the younger brother of Soojung. "Please?!"

Hana gave Taeyang to Luhan and then headed back to stand in between where Soojung and Sari were standing. She wrapped her arms around the girls, "I love you all very much. And that will never change. Ever." She tightly hugged her grownup kids and then gave a light pat to each of the individual smaller kids. "There will be a day where I can't stay with you forever, and that day...is today." After she finished giving everyone a pat, she grabbed her two oldest nieces' hands and squeezed them hard. "I love you all. Remember that."

*

"Hey..." Luna said.

She, Lay and Xiumin walked over right after the group of kids left. Hana and Luhan were sitting down on the bench, with Luhan holding onto Taeyang. Hana wouldn't let the kids stay any longer and they all knew why. If they dawdled any longer, lingering feelings from the memories of having one another will surface and it would be hard for a closure between her and her kids.

Luna gently placed Hana's head onto her chest and patted her back to soothe her. "You'll be fine."

Hana smiled. "I know I will."

Please log in to read the full chapter