020

Yuna Inspired: Our Virtual Family [Luhan Version]
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was a Saturday morning and Hana woke up when she heard familiar voices downstairs that didn't belong there. Sitting up, she batted her eyes opened. Seeing that Taeyang was still fast asleep on the bed, she fixed the blanket over him and slowly got off of the bed to head downstairs. Because it was cold, she grabbed Luhan's jacket that was by the bedside and wore it.

As she took her time to get downstairs, she heard Luna and Xiumin debating about something.

"No, pink!"

"Blue!"

"PINK!!!" Luna exclaimed.

Hana put her hands over her ears and rushed to the kitchen where she knew they were at. "Oi, what's going on?" To her surprise, she saw countless papers and stacks of books on the table. Are they...studying? "What are you guys doing?" She also saw an unexpected friend, too. "Good morning, Gayoon."

Gayoon stood up and greeted back, "Good morning."

Everyone but Gayoon frantically came to the front of the table and desperately tried to hide whatever they had on the table behind them.

Frowning, she yawned, "You guys are hiding something, aren't you?"

Luhan hissed at Luna and Xiumin, “You guys were too loud! That's why she woke up!”

Angered, Luna put her hands on her hips, “Hey! It's not my fault! We're going with pink!”

Provoked, Xiumin added, "No, blue! He's a boy!"

Luhan and Lay stopped their friends from continuing any further by covering their mouths.

Hana walked over to the fridge and checked its content, "Have you guys ate? I can make something before Taeyang wakes up."

Luhan got an idea from this and came over to her. Dragging her out of the kitchen and back near the stair case, he said, "We haven't had breakfast, so why won't you and Taeyang go shopping? We're planning to have a barbecue with everyone!"

She gasped and whispered. "But, what about Gayoon? How did she get here? What about—"

"—don't worry. She doesn't know. Xiumin wanted to invite her, so I let." He leaned in and whispered, "By the way, I told her that this is your house and I have a key in case you lost it."

She frowned, "Why would I lose my own key?"

He blankly answered with a scowl at her, "Because you're stupid, that's why."

Grinning, she pinched his cheeks, "I'm not stupid!"

He pinched her back, "Yes, you are!"

Their bickering would had been much longer but Luna stopped them. "Luhan. If you want to finish it, you better get back in here." Smiling to Hana, she said, "So, you going shopping for us, right?"

Luhan glanced back at Hana, "Please?"

Hana exhaled, giving in. "Fine. I'll go shopping." She took a step up but stopped and pointed to herself, "Wait. Me alone?"

Luhan and Luna nodded.

"I'm going to be carrying things for six people and you want me to go shopping alone?" Hana asked, implying that she would be needing help carrying the groceries back. She knew her and her friends were huge food lovers, so a small barbecue event wouldn't be enough to settle down for. "No one is going to come along with me?"

Luna answered, “You’ll be fine. You’re…you’re man-girl.”

The trio looked at one another. It was usually only Luhan who used that nickname to refer to Hana and hearing it from Luna, the person who usually affectionately calls Hana, it was weird.

She clarified, “What I mean is, you’ll be safe.” She inserted an awkward laugh.

Hana didn’t want to dwell deeper into this, so she reluctantly agreed. “If you say so.” She turned around and headed up the stairs to get ready.

As Luna watched Hana enter the room, she asked Luhan. “Do you think she knows we’re up to something?”

Luhan exhaled. “I hope not.”

*

An hour after Hana and Taeyang had left, Xiumin scratched his head while a pen was in between his thumb and index finger. “Oi, it’s impossible for us to read all of this and take notes about it. None of us are pregnant!”

Luna scoffed as she flipped through a page, “Hey, if you guys hadn’t cleared up to me about what this was all going to be about, I would had thought that Luhan knocked Hana up.”

Luhan sighed, “That will never happen. If it ever comes down to that—I’m the one who would end up being violated.”

“Wait.” Luna said, recognizing something implied from Luhan’s comment. “You!…Don’t tell me…you’ve never done it before?”

His eyes widened. It was okay having Xiumin and Lay know about it, but Luna? That’d be like selling your soul to the devil. Although he saw Luna in shocked, deep down, he knew she was cackling, mocking him.

“So?” Luna folded her arms on the table. “Have you or have you not?”

Luhan knew better than to not do what he planned to do next, but how could he not when his most embarrassing and disdainful part of his life would be known to Luna who could use it to blackmail him for whatever crazy things she had in store for him.

Luna repeated again, this time, sneering, “…So...Luhan…which is it?”

“Then, have you and Lay done it?”

Luna quickly answered, as if she had expected the question. “Of course we haven’t. He’s not like you.” Leaning in, she said again, “Now answer mine. I answered yours.”

Luhan knew he had to answer her – honestly – because if she were to find out later that she had been lied to, death would probably await him at the door. “I haven’t.”

And, like expected, Luna burst in a maniacal and sarcastic laughter. It echoed in the house. “You! You! Luhan…! A player like you hadn’t…” She covered , “…you hadn’t done it?!”

He blushed, “Hey, Lay hasn’t done it either!”

Luna stopped laughing and satisfyingly smiled, “Of course he hasn’t. I said it, didn’t I? My boyfriend’s not a player. He loves me, not want me.”

“Huh? What do you mean?” Luhan raised a brow, “If you love someone, don’t you usually want them, too?”

“Not that kind of want, Luhan.” Luna clarified.

Xiumin smacked his hand against his forehead for he sensed “Romantic Luna” breaking its shell.

Romantic Luna was what the friends, unbeknown to Luna, refer to whenever she awakened her romanticism views on romantic relationships. She had been ingrained with princess ideals and nearly impossible fantasies since young, and being friends with Luna for so long, they were used to it…except for the fact that it was so freaking lengthy.

Luhan saw the mouthed words of Xiumin: why did you have to ask that! He shrugged, telling him that he didn’t know his honest curiosity was going to activate Romantic Luna.

“Listen to me, Luhan.” Luna said, getting his attention again. “When one truly loves, the lust, the yearnings, and the desires of just physical intimacy disappear. Within that space, a new passion grows and that is the pure form of love, where you don’t need—no—” She put a hand out, “—you don’t want lust, yearnings, or desires of that person anymore. You love him heart, body, and soul.” She clasped her hands together and put them at her chest. Gazing upwards in a manner of being on cloud nine, she whisked away in the kitchen, not aware that her audience were still at the scene of her dramatic speech.

“It will grow and become such wonderful heated passion that if just one touch from that beloved could make you grow weak. Even the strongest man would fall to its knees. Love, my dear Luhan—my miserable Luhan—who had never gotten a chance to lay with a woman despite its countless affairs with one, when you have truly fallen in love…all that matters is…seeing her is enough.”

As she ended her fanatical speech and lecture to Luhan, her boyfriend was the only one who gave her a standing ovation followed by a confused Gayoon who had never thought Luna would turn out to be this kind of person. As for Xiumin, he had died from the very beginning and was finally able to bang his head against the books in response to all that he had heard.

Lastly, for Luhan, although he was quite offended about how his friend had referred him as miserable, deep inside, a glow of flame burned through him.

He…he, Luhan, during the intense explanation, had wanted that kind of love—the kind of love that would make him weak, the kind of love that lust no longer filled his space…the kind of love…that seeing her was enough.

*

When Hana got home, she had thought she’d be able to sneak on what the gang was researching about. All she knew was that it had something to do with colors as Xiumin and Luna were shouting at each other over pink or blue; however, as she got home, the mess at the table was cleared up, leaving no trace about what the subject was. She decided to shrug it off, thinking that if her friends, especially Luna and Xiumin were involved, it was something of little importance.

After successfully putting Taeyang to sleep in his nursery center in the middle of the living room, she headed to the kitchen where the girls were. The boys were outside, as always, in control of barbecuing and marinating the meat.

Washing her hands, Hana said, “Sorry, guys. Taeyang just fell asleep now.”

“It’s okay.” The girls said.

Gayoon looked up from doing the dishes, “I’m sorry to barge in on your house without notification.”

Hana smiled, “No. It’s fine. We’re happy to have you with us. Especially Xiumin.” She caught a blushed smile from Gayoon and hoped it was a reaction that meant well in regards to her relationship with Xiumin. “So, who came up with this whole ‘come to my house on the weekend’ rendezvous?”

Luna and Gayoon said the name together, “Luhan.”

“What for?”

There was a pause, and Hana had a feeling it had something to do with their mess from before.

Luna, not doing anything because she was asked to not help cook, answered, "He wanted to bother us, that's all."

"Yeah, that does sound like what he'd do." Hana said, giggling. I guess it is something I don't need to inquire about.

*

Outside in the backyard, the boys sat around a rounded porcelain table that had been newly sent over by Kota a few weeks ago when he came back to the city for something and found the porcelain table to be a good addition for the virtuali family. They were continuing their talk from before without the girls this time. They had to as Luhan felt that the sooner they finished this, the better.

"Why?" Xiumin asked Luhan who was holding a pen because he was jotting down the various ideas his friends were giving out to him. "Why do you want it to be done before summer?"

"No, I want it to be done before his birthday." Luhan cleared.

"Same thing. It's in the summer anyway."

Luhan nudged his friend, "It means a lot to me."

"You?" Lay and Xiumin exclaimed in disbelief.

Luhan immediately changed the answer after clearing his throat, "I mean, to Hana."

His friends scoffed because they knew he changed his answer to avoid the subject being on him.

Luhan looked down at the paper. “We have pirates, sports, animals, and toys. Any other boy-themed ideas?”

“What about Hana? I think that if you’re planning to do this, it’s also best to involve her, too. She is the mother after all.” Lay added his opinion. “I feel really bad hiding this from her.”

The “father” shook his head and waved his index finger at Lay, “We can’t tell her or let her know in any way.”

“But, this is for Taeyang, not for her. She’d want in, too.”

Xiumin pointed at Luhan, “If you hide this from her, you’re going to get whatever you got just like when you hid about Taeyang’s disease.”

Luhan thought back and shivered in fear. With little doubt, he said, “It’s-it’s okay. We managed to get back together.”

Xiumin scoffed, “You say that but you’re shaking.”

“We will!”

“Who and you will what?”

The boys turned their heads over and saw Hana holding onto two bowls of chips. She placed them on the table and took a step away. She eyed each of her guy friends individually.

Squinting her eyes, she said in a cynical manner, “You guys aren’t planning something, right?”

“We’re not.” The boys exclaimed.

Luhan took this chance to hide the paper from Hana’s sight. He shouted to her, “J-just go back inside, will ya?”

Exhaling, she gave up, “Fine. You guys are no fun.” Walking away, she said, “Hurry up with the meat. We’re starving!”

Lay reached for the chips, “If Hana gets mad at anyone of us,” he eyed Luhan, “you are the one who has to make up to her.”

Grinning, Luhan assured his friends, “Don’t worry. I’ve got everything under control.”

*

After the entire preparation was done, food was finally set on the table. Taeyang also joined them as he woke up right on time. As they ate, Hana received a text.

As always, only one person was able to recognize that the text was a worrisome one.

“You okay?” Luhan asked his friend who had been staring at her phone. “What’s wrong? Did Kota send you something?”

Hana didn’t look up. “No.”

“Hana?” Luna said, overhearing the weird conversation between her two friends. “Who texted you?”

Hana breathed out quite nervously, “Sunbae.”

*

Luhan batted his eyes only to be surprised when his eyelashes hit against the yellow sticky note on his forehead. He sleepily took it off and read it.

Morning! By the time you're reading this, I'm probably off already. I heated the food and set them on the table already. Make sure you watch Taeyang really well for me. Just in case you need help, big baby, I asked them to drop by around nine-thirty or ten. Open the door for them!

He crumbled the paper and aimed it at the trash bin. Because he didn’t make it, he had to stand up, walked over, picked it up, and threw it back in. Looking over at Taeyang who had rolled off to sleep in the place where Hana usually slept, he decided to walk back to the bed and put him in a safer spot before heading downstairs.

Like Hana had written, when Luhan got downstairs, covered and heated foods were already neatly placed on the table. He checked the time on his cell phone and saw that it was eight-fifty-three in the morning. Looking around the place that hadn't been cleaned since yesterday's hangout, he didn't bother to make their house look better. Their friends would just make a mess again, so it didn't matter.

Feeling bored, he hopped onto the couch and the TV while lowering the volume or else it’d wake up Taeyang. He didn’t want a grouchy Taeyang because Hana wouldn’t be there to save him.

Thinking of Taeyang that led to Hana, he glanced at his phone again. Should I call to check up on her? Maybe I should scare her or something? He smirked. She wouldn’t fall for it if I were to make sunbae sound like a bad guy. He’s too gentleman for her.

He came across a commercial regarding a survey of what couples do on Valentine’s Day. The top five, from five to one, were: giving a teddy bear with a rose or roses in regards to the amount of how many years they have dated, eating out at a fancy restaurant, spending time at an amusement park with other couples, giving chocolates, and making first on the list was going to a love hotel.

He blinked at number one. Love hotel? That’s how most people celebrated Valentine’s Day?

In all the years he had woo’ed and gone after girls, he had never been inside a love hotel, even near it. He switched channels again only to hear the doorbell. He excitedly hopped out of his seat when he imagined opening the door to see a crying Hana telling him that she had been dumped because she was too manly for a great gentleman like Jongsuk who preferred womanly girls. Chuckling, he opened the door with anticipation only to be shot down.

"Hey!"

Luhan scoffed and scowled. "What are you guys doing here? It's not even time yet."

Luna pushed him inside and then led the way in, "Gosh, open faster! We have serious business to discuss about."

"Why are you guys here? The appointed time isn't until nine or something." As he closed the door and turned around, he saw his friends getting comfortable in his house like it belonged to them. Maybe because Gayoon was still trying to get used to them, but she was the only one who sat on the couch like a normal guest while Xiumin took control of the TV, Lay the laptop and Luna barged in the kitchen doing whatever she was doing. Although anybody would find this as rude, he didn’t mind it. They were his friends aft

Please log in to read the full chapter