011

Yuna Inspired: Our Virtual Family [Luhan Version]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Yo!" Yunho excitedly greeted the gang outside of his newly bought two-story house.

Although the gang had thought that the house would be hard to find, thanks to Yunho waiting outside for their arrival made them found the house easily. However, he didn't look different. He had his usual baseball cap, a water bottle in one hand, a notebook in another, tennis shoes, and a leather jacket over a semi-tight t-shirt paired with the same sweatpants. So far, they had only seen him wore something different once, and that was when they had a picnic with the Yunho and his girlfriend two years ago.

Yunho grabbed Luhan by the head and put him into a headlock, "Oi, you guys said you'll be here around ten. It's almost eleven thirty!"

No one cared to help Luhan. As long as Yunho didn't do anything to any of them, they were good.

"Sorry," Hana said, "The train was delayed for a while, so we were forced to take the later time."

Yunho let go of Luhan and grinned widely to himself, "Hey, hey, hey..." His eyes pinned on Hana.

"Wh-what?" Hana said, feeling nervous.

Whenever Yunho laughed like this to himself, it usually meant he was hiding something, and thus, this made Luna and Xiumin remembered what Yunho had promised.

Luna and Xiumin shoved Hana away and went up close to Yunho, "Oh, we're all here, so tell us what happened!"

Before Yunho could continue his tease, the door to his house opened and an unexpected person was standing there. Instead of Nicole, Yunho's girlfriend, it was Jongsuk.

"Sunbae?" The gang asked in sync. They didn't think anybody else would be there.

A realization hit Hana and she gasped loudly, making everyone flinched. She looked and locked eyes with Yunho and finally understood his grin. He knows! He saw!

Everyone watched Hana ran off with Yunho with lightning speed after she dropped her luggage. Even Jongsuk walked out to watch the scene. They saw them turned at a corner and disappeared from their sight.

"Sunbae," Luna began, "how come you're here?"

Jongsuk turned around to face his underclassmen, "I was invited by Coach. He said he wanted to make things fun this weekend."

"You're staying the weekend, too?" Luna excitedly shouted. She believed this would be her chance of hooking Jongsuk up with Hana and she was not going to let this escape.

"Jongsuk~!"

Everyone turned their attention back to the door and saw Woobin.

"How come you guys are still out here?"

"Woobin sunbae?" Luhan said. "You're here, too?"

Woobin took a step out. Nodding, he explained, "Yeah. We're here to help you with the training." He scanned the gang. "Aren't you guys missing one person?"

Jongsuk smiled, "Yeah, she ran off with Coach.”

"To where?"

Jongsuk shrugged, "They'll be back though." He grabbed Hana's luggage and led the way inside, "Nicole noona waiting for us."

Luhan waited until everyone went before him. He sneakily glanced behind him, looking at the corner where Hana and Yunho had turned. He wondered, with worry, what was it that Hana was worried about. Knowing Hana, he knew that she had caught what was going on, and that "what was going on" was invading his mind, making him go crazy just wanting to know what it was.

*

After running for four blocks, Hana knew it was safe enough to begin her questioning.

"Coach..." Hana said, taking deep breaths. It wasn't from the running. It was from the shock of knowing that Yunho saw what had happened between her and Jongsuk.

Yunho, however, was fine. He wasn't tired, as expected since he was a coach slashed trainer.

"What's wrong?" He asked calmly.

"You...you know?"

"About?" Yunho played dumb as he kept on a straight face of 'I-don't-know-what-you're-talking-about'.

Hana scowled, "Coach!"

He gave up. He knew she wouldn't say anything about it anyway. "Yes. I saw. I know." He poked Hana, annoying her. "I didn't think you'd cheat on Luhan."

"I did not cheat on Luhan." She fixed her sentence when she realized that comment implied that she and Luhan were going out. "I mean, I'm not cheating on anyone."

"So, you two are dating then?" Yunho was referring to Jongsuk and her.

Hana didn't respond and based on her silence, Yunho knew the answer.

"You two are - !"

"- Coach." Hana cut him off before he completed his sentences. "I want to tell them myself."

Yunho sighed, "Did you tell Luhan?"

Hana nodded, "Yeah."

"How did he take it?"

Hana blinked, thinking back to the scene when she, Jongsuk, and Luhan were in the school infirmary where the confession was out. "I think he took it quite well." She continued walking, "He took it much better than I thought."

Yunho followed, "What do you mean?"

Hana slightly curled a smile at the side, "I assumed he was going to tease me and then try to persuade sunbae from not having a trial-date with me."

"Trial-date?"

"Yeah, that's what we're doing."

"What—so you two aren't dating officially yet?"

Hana inhaled, "Sunbae said that he wanted us to date officially, but he also wanted to confirm something, too."

"What is that?"

Hana shrugged, "He didn't say."

"You're okay with that?"

"I guess so." Hana laughed, "I don't think I'm ready to date yet anyway." Not with my instability and situation.

Yunho heaved out a depressed sigh, "I guess I still have a long way."

"Of what?"

"Seeing you and Luhan be official."

Hana gave him a reassuring smile. Turning around and walking back the way she dragged him from, she confidently said, "Coach, I can assure you THAT will never happen."

*

"Where did you two go?" Nicole asked as she came downstairs with a box. She had on a white overall that had been smeared with various paints. Her dyed red hair was tied up into a ponytail and she wore black leather boots that reached up to her knees. "Hi, Hana."

Hana smiled in response to her, "Hi, Nicole eonni." She coughed, hoping that would refresh what Yunho would be responding.

Yunho grabbed the box from his girlfriend's hands, "She thought she left something and accidentally mistook my hand for Luhan's."

When Nicole's back was facing Yunho and Hana, the ladder two had a silent squabble about the previous comment. That wasn't the comment Yunho was supposed to say. They had planned that if anyone were to ask where they went, Yunho would answer that she thought she left something back at the station. Mistaking his hand for Luhan's was something Yunho added without conversing with Hana about it.

Nicole led the two into the living room where the group of seven teenagers was orderly setting things onto the floor or moving things around as they were surrounding by loads of brown cardboard boxes.

Nicole pointed to the scene, "We could use another hand."

"Sure." Hana obeyed. She walked over to her friends. "But, eonni, what do you want us to do?"

Nicole was already gone, but her shout from upstairs was something along the lines of, "Yunho will tell you!"

Yunho walked over with a strut, crossing his arms. The gang stopped working and looked as they waited for him for further directions.

"You kids will be staying here for the weekend."

"Until tomorrow night?" Hana and Jongsuk asked. Hana gulped and immediately looked down while Jongsuk bashfully looked away.

Yunho smirked, "Don't worry. Just get most of the things done by then." His plan was to use the kids to do labor work around the house while he can freely rest here and there since he called it "training". Unfortunately, none of the kids had realized his plan.

Luna scoffed, "Eh, but why do we need to stay here that long? Isn't this just for Luhan's training?" She pointed to Luhan who had rested his back down on the floor after hearing how long they would be staying. "He should stay here by himself then."

Yunho sat on a box that wasn't opened yet, "It's his training, but I also need you kids, too."

"For what?" The kids asked in sync.

Yunho smiled widely and finally confessed, "To help clean the house."

*

It was late in the afternoon, passed two already, and the kids had finished only two of the things on their list: to take out everything from the boxes and set them away as directed. The list was long, and they were nowhere near completion. Apparently, the kids have been tricked by their coach to help them decorate their house while he mess around with his girlfriend, although, that wasn't going as well as she was doing her jobs seriously and he was just annoying her. At times, they'd hear him shout in pain, telling her to let go of his ear or that his hand had been jammed on the door or some kind of physical painful accident Nicole had given to her boyfriend.

Luna was folding clothes, and shockingly, being the spoiled child she was, she proved to be of use. Gayoon was cutting fruits and handing out water to the boys who were outside constructing a huge table that no one knew the use for it since there would only be two people living in the place. As for Hana, she was ensuring that everything was completely set where they were supposed to be based on the detailed-written ten plus page paper from Nicole.

Nicole had the opposite personality of the free and joking Yunho. She had her moments of being ditzy and whatnot, but when it comes to work or anything that needs to be done and finished, she'd go to such lengths to execute them to near perfection. No, that wasn't right. To perfection was what it needed to be completed as. And if something or especially someone, like her boyfriend, would get in the way, that was when she would turn to a monster of no mercy. Other than that, she was a nice, easy-going, sweet girl.

Hana stopped at the steps of the sliding door that led to the vast green backyard. It was bigger and much spacey than the backyard of hers and Luhan's house. She glanced to number thirty-two on the list. "When the table is complete, place it in the middle of the backyard." She looked at where the not even half-finished table was set. It was in the middle, but it was nowhere near completion; in fact, the person to blame for its incompleteness was Luhan who was leading the pack of boys off task. Angry that the girls inside were seriously doing the work yet the boys were slacking off, she walked over to him, staying behind him to not be noticed. As Luhan was busily making monkey noises, Hana raised a hand, held it in the air for a while and then dropped it down behind Luhan's back. It was painful enough to set a striking pain down his spine but soft enough to not leave a bruise.

"What are you doing?" Luhan shouted, not amused as he glared back at her, rubbing his back.

Hana showed him the papers, "Pabo, we have to complete this by tomorrow and you're out here goofing around and leading everyone astray."

Luhan stood up straight, "It's Saturday, and here we are just working! Besides, we were just resting. You girls have an easier job." He shot his eyes open as an idea popped into his mind. He ran over to where the box of tools was at, grabbed a hammer and ran back with a smile slapped on his face. Shoving the hammer in front of Hana's face, he said, "Hey, you got heavy hands of a man, so let's trade jobs. My hands are delicate and special. They can't be-"

Before he could finish his teasing sentence, Hana pinched his cheeks and added a sarcastic comment, "I'm sorry, my hands are occupied with something that needs to be destroyed!"

Luhan dropped the hammer and did the same to Hana's cheeks. Soon, it was a competition between pinching cheeks.

"Okay, stop it you two." Jongsuk said, interrupting the duo's usual bickering. He never stopped them before, so Luhan and Hana were taken aback at his action. Jongsuk looked at Hana with a worried expression. Raising a hand to gently caress Hana's cheek, which surprised everyone present, especially Luhan, Jongsuk asked Hana, “Are you okay??"

Hana backed away discreetly with a nervous chuckle, "Y-yes." She picked up her papers and the hammer that Luhan dropped, "I'm going to go." She slammed the hammer gently onto Luhan's chest, "Here, your hammer." With that said and done, she sprinted back inside the house.

As Jongsuk went back to his spot and convinced Woobin to work with him on their side of the table, Luhan looked at Jongsuk. What Jongsuk just did to him made him realized something did happened between Jongsuk and Hana...and it was nothing like what Hana had said it was. Holding onto the hammer, he sensed that based on Hana's reaction, she was uncomfortable with whatever the situation was and if she was uncomfortable, so was Luhan.

*

Nicole and Yunho walked down together from the stairs after finished painting two rooms that were upstairs. Now, they only had the bathroom upstairs and two rooms downstairs to paint, clean, and decorate. When they reached the living room, it was cleaned nicely, mainly done by the girls, and the gang was playing cards, resting as they have accomplished a lot already.

Nicole stood behind her younger cousin Xiumin, "Is there anything you guys would like me to cook for dinner?"

The gang widened their eyes in response.

She giggled, "It's the least I can do to thank you guys for helping out."

Xiumin turned around to face his cousin, "Ne, Nicole...how come no one back home told me about this?"

Everyone saw the perplexed expression on the faces of Nicole and Yunho and knew that this situation didn't go well with Nicole's family.

Nicole inhaled, "I told them, but they didn't approve of this co-habitual relationship before marriage." She grabbed Yunho's hand and interlaced it with hers, "But, Yunho had promised and vowed to my parents, although they were not persuaded, that he would not lay a finger on me until we get married." Behind Nicole smiled Yunho.

The gang looked at Yunho and knew deep inside, it would never happen.

"So, anything kids?" She changed the subject as it got gloomy.

"Anything's fine, actually." They all said. They already knew there wasn't much in the fridge. There were mainly fruits and vegetables.

Nicole rolled up her sleeves, motivated to cook, "Then, anything it is!"

Hana looked up, "I'll help you."

Nicole put out a hand, stopping her. "No, stay there. I want to cook dinner." She grinned and headed into the kitchen.

Once her sight was gone, the gang and Yunho sighed. Nicole was great at almost everything. And, that almost referred to cooking. She was not good at cooking. That was why every time she and Yunho went out on dates, they would grab a bite at his house because, shockingly, Yunho can cook, or they would eat out because Yunho was lazy to cook.

Nicole's cooking wasn't edible. It was just...she had extreme taste buds. She'd either prefer something too bland, too spicy, too salty, or the most weirdest of all, she loved sweet things sour. She had once drizzled lemon drops over her ice cream and with her clumsy personality, she had accidently dropped a can of powdered pepper into a bowl of soup and thought that adding fish sauce would clean up with its taste and it made Yunho ended up in the hospital because he didn't want to make his girlfriend sad.

Luhan turned around to face Yunho, "Hey, Coach, if we're eating the food she’s going to make, I don't think we can stay alive passed tonight."

Yunho grinned nervously, "Don't worry. I've told her that if there's an accident, it's okay to start over."

"If you tell her that, there won't be anything left for her to cook when she's done starting over millions of time."

Yunho smacked Luhan in the head, "Stop your complaining. She's a great cook."

Everyone gave Yunho a look. He tried desperately to avoid agreeing with them.

"Hana," Yunho hissed, "Go inside and help."

Hana frowned, "I already offered, but you know what that hand means!"

Whenever Nicole put up the hand, it always implied, 'if you're not going to listen to me, you're going to die.'

"I—I'll go check up on her." Yunho said. He sprinted to the front of the kitchen entrance and quickly scanned everything. So far, so good. She had gotten the basics down. Feeling content, he walked over to the gang with a thumb up. He squeezed himself in between Woobin and Jongsuk on the living room floor. He grabbed the cards on the floor, "Okay, let's not worry and let's have fun!"

At that moment, everyone knew it was hopeless. They would have to bite the bullet.

Xiumin set his cards down, "How are we going to have fun..." he lowered his voice, "...when tragedy awaits for us?"

Yunho made a face and purposely shouted, "That's why I said we're going to go outside and play baseball!"

"Huh?" The kids said, not understanding why Yunho would shout that out loud.

Yunho quickly muttered, "Hey, get your stuff! We're going shopping!"

The gang shot up in excitement once they understood the double meaning of Yunho's comment. Now, they can have and enjoy a delightful and healthy dinner.

Nicole stepped out of the kitchen with vinegar and ketchup in each of her hands, "Make sure you guys come back in time for dinner."

“Yeah, okay," Everyone lied as Yunho led the way out. Once outside, they rushed to the corner of the block.

"Okay, here's what's going to happen. We have less than an hour to buy food, so we're going to split up. There will be three groups. One is for drinks, one is for the meat and the last one is for desserts." Yunho explained the plan.

"You're paying, right?" Luhan wanted to confirm.

"Pabo. You're paying it out of your own pocket."

"Stingy." Everyone but Woobin and Jongsuk muttered playfully.

Yunho scoffed, "So what?" He crossed his arms in his chest, "I'm already committing the biggest dee

Please log in to read the full chapter