024

Yuna Inspired: Our Virtual Family [Luhan Version]
Please log in to read the full chapter

With the sun halfway bidding its good day and the dark colors settling up in the sky, the first half comes to an end and the second half—the official wedding ceremony—will finally commence.

Bidding the guests “later” are the bride, the groom, and the gang to go get changed into their ceremonial outfits and bidding the guests “hello” are the entertainers employed to keep the guests entertained during the wait. They put on comical skits, have mimes, show magic tricks, and even sing various classic music.

A good thirty minutes passed and the boys finish changing into their groomsmen clothes, and this time, they aren’t dressed up as guards. They are fancily covered with similar designs as Mr. Park’s outfit. The only difference is the color—Mr. Park’s changed his formal military sky blue jacket into a pure white one with black buttons. There is even a dangling sheathed sword attached by the belt buckle that has been exchanged for a much thicker and heavier looking one.

They jokingly flex their invisible muscles in front of a twenty by sixty three sided mirror and even doing some so-called of their handsome poses. Laughing it off, Mr. Park then puts them into a headlock before someone knocks on the door and alerts them with a question.

“Sir, the guests have been properly seated downstairs by the grand staircase.”

Yes, by the grand staircase. Instead of a gigantic good looking room, the wedding is to be launched right in the middle of the grand staircase, with the guests sitting in front of it. The reason for that is because Mr. Park wants a quick and memorable entrance where they can just walk sophisticatedly down the stairs and straight up to the altar instead of having to traditionally come through an opened door. The idea of that was too bland and old for him.

Mr. Park fixes his attire and lets go of Xiumin’s head, “Yes, are the girls ready yet?”

“They said they’ll be done in about another ten minutes.”

“Then, we’ll wait.”

“Yes.”

Mr. Park walks over to a charcoal colored couch. “You boys, come over here.”

The boys listen. They squeeze into the same couch across Mr. Park, which makes him laugh.

“I’m very glad you three are here for us.”

“What do you mean?” Xiumin asks.

“My wife’s family are against this marriage and so are mine, well, not Luna anymore. At least, I hope.” A smiles slips away from him and he takes a deep breath. “I’m sorry to have put you through all of this, but you guys are definitely the best that any married couple could ask for.” He takes in a deep breath as he mentally prepares himself for the second wedding of his life. “Xiumin…”

“Yes…”

“…You whined about why the grand opening was even grander than the word itself, right…”

Xiumin leans up straight, “I’m sorry! I did not mean—“

“—No worries. I know. I understand.” He clears his throat, “It just gave me a thought and I want to share that you with you.”

“What is it?” The boys ask together.

“Weddings…marriage…”the only one” or “the fated one,” all of those things…they don’t matter to us guys. Or at least, not as much than our counterparts. You’ve heard it before, or will have hear of it, but they’re important and memorable and meaningful because they happen once…and are only meant to happen once. That is why girls value, cherish, and do everything possible to make their wedding dream a dream come true. And that is why I made this event so big.

"It is not my duty nor my obligation, but it is for the sole reason that I love her and that I appreciate her for being mine and that she’s the woman in my life. I want to be the one to give her anything she asks for, no matter what it may be.”

A long pause sets in between because the boys hadn’t expected this from the elder. They had thought he was just a hopeless romantic like Luna, a romantic person without knowing reason and limits, but they are shown different and proven wrong. The wise elder, having lived through all sorts of romances, has only one particular reason for his extreme wedding and that is to simply make his girl happy, and just knowing that, the boys are deeply impressed and have come to respect him even more than ever.

“I’m not saying that a wedding has to be this big or grand, boys,” continues Mr. Park, “Because every girl differs from taste to taste. The only job you have to do is simply find out which one moves her heart and make the best out of it. No matter how weird it may be or how wrong it turns out, what really matters to a girl is that you tried. You knew. And that it was for her.

"So, for future reference, remember that, boys, and make your girls happy…because their smile is our energy.”

After Mr. Park smiles and ends his long, deep, and wise comment, Luhan has a flash of Hana’s and Taeyang’s images in his mind.

*

Three chimes from a triangle hints to the audience that the wedding ceremony will begin. Everyone quiets down and a slow instrumental song plays in the background, thus the audience stands up and turns around to face the grand staircase where the bridesmaids and groomsmen will be making their entrance first.

Stepping out of the left will be the bridesmaids, and the first is Luna in a dark-colored peach strapless dip hem dress that flowered her figure. Because she’s now in bridesmaid clothing, her attire is much simpler than the previous dress she wore this morning. The only eye-catching detail is the chain cut back of her dress. On the right of the grand staircase and opposite Luna is her prince Lay.

Upon seeing her, he mouths, “You’re beautiful.”

Taking a step down to match her boyfriend, she casually responds back with a “Thank you.”

Seeing that the first couple has reached midway of the stairs, it is time for Xiumin and Gayoon to make their appearance. Gayoon has on the same dress as Luna, except her dress is a shade lighter than Luna and her pin-point design is also the back with the exception that she has a criss-cross cut. At the same pace with Xiumin walking down the steps, she can't look at him because she is too shy. To make matters worse for her, she becomes as pink as her dress when Xiumin compliments her quite loudly, "You're beautiful, Gayoon."

With the music almost coming to an end and having seen the previous two couples at the cue'd places, Hana and Luhan step out of the door and stand there until they see Xiumin and Gayoon separate at the bottom of the stairs before walking down in sync to join midway. When the time arrives, Hana steps down a few steps only to stop.

Luhan hasn't moved an inch from his side.

What's wrong with him? Hana ponders.

Behind Luhan steps out Mr. Park who is supposed to come out after him as he is the groom, but having seen that Luhan is still at the top of the stairs as supposed to being midway already, Mr. Park hisses to Luhan and gets his attention.

Luhan turns back in response, brought back to reality in confusion. "Huh?" He dumbly questions aloud, forgetting that he's currently one of the groomsmen and is supposed to be doing his job correctly.

Mr. Park points below him and whispers, "Walk down! Walk down!"

The younger boy gasps, realizing the mistake; however, much to his haste, he speedily gets midway of the grand staircase before Hana; therefore, Hana also had to accelerate her steps to join with her partner.

"What's with you, Luhan?" She murmurs to him as she joins her arm in his.

He stutters to answer back. His sole focus is to avoid looking at her and to walk down the staircase to the altar, but before doing so, the automatic music stops and after a three second pause, the entrance song for the bride plays while neither the bride nor the groom are visible.

The friends become shocked that the entrance song has played for them instead of the actual to-be-wed couple, so walking pleasingly to the altar is no longer a choice so they mutually rush over to the altar, holding in their laughter and humiliation.

Right when the two friends get to their positions, the official couple comes out.

Luna, quite angry that the walk didn't go as planned and rehearsed, whispers fumingly to Hana, "What happened?"

Hana tries to keep a smile at the couple while answering back, "I don't know. I asked, but he didn't answer."

"I'm going to get Luhan later for ruining it!"

Luckily, the bridal song ends perfectly in time with the arrival of the to-be-wed couple at the altar. With them in sight, the audience sit back down and wait in patience and in silence to hear the pastor makes his ceremonial wedding speech.

"Today, we are joined together at this…"

Hana steals a glance at Luhan whose face has been flushed with a blushed pink. Seeing the quick rise and fall of his breathing, she becomes worried for him because Luhan doesn't look too well as of the moment. Is he sick?

*

Right after the wedding vows are exchanged, the audience are led to a dining room from where dinner is to be served. Following is a heartfelt speech from an elder, male friend of Mr. Park who hilariously chronicled the good and bad of Mr. Park and only the good and beauty of the bride. After the delicious and stuffing dinner, the previous room that everyone was in before the inaugural wedding vows exchange, is re-opened and in there will be where everyone can go in and dance; however, this time, they would need to be changed into their formal outerwear and use their masks, whether they had bought one on the cruise or had brought one. Only people with masks could go off into the dance floor to dance as it is a sign that the person is willing to dance.

Because night has fallen, on Hana's mind has been Taeyang all along. She quickly finishes her dinner and tells her friends that she probably won't be back for a while so they don't have to worry about her. At the same time, Luhan has gone off somewhere, too, in speed. It is the first time the friends realized that Hana and Luhan are doing something not together.

Reaching the room where Taeyang is held in, she is told that Taeyang has fallen asleep and asks if she's going to take Taeyang to bed. Hana tells the lady that she can't yet as she still has other wedding duties to perform and won't be back to get Taeyang until very late. The lady says it's okay and for her to not worry about Taeyang.

Disappointedly walking away, Hana doesn't feel like heading into the dancing room because she doesn't want to dance; in fact, her legs hurt so much that she doesn't even want to stand anymore. She has been walking around in Luna's five-inch open-toe -colored heel that has a strap over her leg with a bow at the side. She can also use a breather, too.

Making her decision, she walks the opposite direction and heads to a much cooler, peaceful, and restful place that she can have all to herself—the sun deck. Because there isn't anyone with her or out there with her, the sounds of the splashing tides and the whispers of the cool breeze make her feel at ease, soothing her essence. They are the only companions she wants to be with at the moment. Relaxed and comfortable, she takes off the heels and crouches down to massage her sore feet.

Looking off at the distance where the front of the ship is, she is reminded of the American movie Titanic where the two main leads, Jack and Rose, are at the very front of the boat and he helps her “fly” and see the beautiful landscape around her. Doubting but curious about whether or not she will be able to see it in this dark of the time, she stands up and casually walks over to the tip of the front and holds onto the rails. Squinting her eyes and lowering her face to look down, she is softly splashed with the water slapping against the cruise ship. It is impossible to see how beautiful the water is as of now due to the dark night. With another disappointment, she sighs and releases her hold of the rails and instead hugs herself as she shivers.

"Pabo, what are you doing?"

Hana quickly turns around to Luhan's voice and sees him a few steps away from her. She doesn't expect to see anyone, let alone even Luhan, too. "W-What..?" Is all she can say in utter shock and bewilderment.

He scowls at her and turns her around and then gives her a back hug, which she bashfully tries to escape from. "Stop moving! I don't have my jacket so I can only give you me."

She lets out a laugh when she hears this. She even stops trying to remove his embrace. "Pabo."

"How so?" He pulls back a little, putting space between their heads and adds, "You're the stupid one. Why would you even be out here when you know it's cold and when your back is all exposed?" He pulls his face back closer to her and utters, "If I had known that your back would be fully exposed, I would've never let you worn something like that for others to see."

Misunderstanding Luhan's subconscious hidden truth, she turns around while still being hugged and although they bumped noses, she ignores it and retorts, "Hey, my exposed back won't harm the guests! And, it's not like my back has something seductive to see."

Also not understanding his own direct comment from before, he jokes, "Your back is hideous, do you not know?"

Finding his statement funny, she gently slaps him on the chest. "Whatever." Seeing him up close now, a red ear of his catches her attention and she touches it, asking, "Why is this ear red?"

Luhan's expression turns sour and he releases her to also touch his ear, "Luna gave me a scolding for what happened earlier."

Reminded, she changes the situation, "Yeah, what happened? Why didn't you walk in sync with me? Was something wrong with my make up or something?"

His eyes widened and he freezes in front of her.

"Luhan…?"

"N-Nothing."

Not believing, she puts her hands on her hips and repeats, "Luhan…"

"Really. Nothing."

Knowing that he is going to stay tight-lipped, Hana resorts to her less-often used action: simultaneously whining and pouting to beg for what she wants. Tugging at his arm, she annoys him further, "Luhan…tell…me…" It doesn't last long because another cool breeze hits her and she quickly shivers again. With her baby hair falling out of its place, she weakly raises a hand to remove them.

Helping her to warm up and shelter her from the wind is Luhan who has put one arm around her waist, pulling her in closer that she almost trips on his leg. Looking up to shout at him for almost tripping her, she is bedazzled when her friend's up-close handsome facial expression of worry warms her more than his hands did. Not only that, but with his free hand, he brings it over and starts picking out the hair around her face and carefully putting it back to its place.

As she just stands in his embrace, blankly, he, on the other hand, isn't.

His heart pounds louder than a drum, but he can't tell if that's his or hers because their chest are practically on each other. Their breaths escaped with heat from their mouths, and their gazes locked onto one another, not even bothering to look away.

He can't help but look.

And look.

Do nothing but look.

Wrong.

He wants to do one more thing.

With her heart calming down, his does the opposite. His heart honestly tells him and hints to him that the one thing he wants to do after clearly seeing how divine, elegant, and seductive his friend is looking back at him, even though she is just calmly blinking at him, he wants to press his lips onto her soft, moistened, and glowing lips.

He doesn’t want to kiss her passionately, but he does want to caress hers with his.

"You are beautiful…"

His hushed and tender whisper resonates in Hana's ears and it frees her from the paralysis she was in. She mentally wonders if she has heard those words correctly because she is sure her friend won't say that, even if it is in the moment.

"…that's why…I couldn't stop looking at you."

Thinking that it is another joke from him since they were joking just right before rega

Please log in to read the full chapter