012

Yuna Inspired: Our Virtual Family [Luhan Version]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jongsuk jolted up in pain in the middle of the night in the living room. He looked down where the pain was coming from and saw that someone had placed their leg on top of his abdomen. He rubbed his abdomen, wincing, as he sat up. It was dark everywhere so he couldn't tell who the person was. Woobin, his friend, took the sofa. Lay and Xiumin were probably sleeping near a corner since they needed to be nearby an outlet to charge their game, and since the two younger boys were farther from where he was at, it couldn't be Lay and Xiumin. That only left Woobin, and it would only be possible if Woobin had fallen off of the sofa. If not, then it only meant one person.

Luhan.

Luhan's in the bedroom. Jongsuk answered his own question as he stood up to head to the bathroom. As soon as he faced the hallway, he spot light coming from under the door of the room where Luhan was sleeping in. Because the bathroom was passed the bedroom and the room where the girls were sleeping in, he slowly walked so he wouldn't trip over anything since the room house was barely done with its decorations, and tools and various equipments were still out everywhere.

Coming near the room of Luhan, he heard voices, laughing voices from inside, and he recognized both of them.

"Luhan's awake?" Jongsuk whispered. He furrowed his brows together as he came close to the door, "And...Hana's with him?"

*

"See, look!" Luhan stretched out his arm and pointed to various places, "I've got bruises here and here and here. Oh, and there!"

Hana slapped the arm away, "Pabo, those aren't bruises. You're making them up."

"Your bruises are invisible, that's why." Luhan pulled his arm back, "If you don't believe me, you can even ask Yunho tomorrow about what you did to me when I passed out." He pretentiously sighed, acting as if he gave up, "I guess it's like what they say—convicts usually don't admit their crimes."

Hana pouted, "I'm not a convict." She pinched his leg, "You're the convict....you—you con artist!"

Luhan let out a laugh and massaged the place where she pinched him, "Me? Con artist? When?" He made a face at her, provoking her.

"You pretended to choke and pass out so we'd be worried about you!"

Luhan stuck out his tongue, childishly continuing the bickering between them, "It's not my fault you were too dumb and believed it." He pulled the covers up and started his girly act again, "Oh, my! Don't tell me, your heavy man hands knocked me out so you could be alone with me for the night?"

She laughed at his silly act.

However, he continued his one-man drama. He raised a hand as if reaching for something, "Somebody out there! Help me! I've got a man who wants me!"

Hana weakly stood up to cover his mouth because his drama was getting loud as excitement filled him. "You're going to wake them up!"

He ignored her and shoved her hand away from his mouth, "Help!" He fakely exasperated. "This man—!"

Before they knew it, they both fell to the ground with Luhan under Hana...and, something extra, too. They both blushed as they realized Luhan's hand had accidently grabbed onto Hana's chest. To make it worst, he had d it, twice, for confirmation.

"PABO!" Hana shouted as she desperately get off. She crossed her arms across her chest after covering herself by pulling down Luhan's blanket. "P-pabo."

Both of their faces were flushed and they avoided eye contact.

He tried to act composed as if nothing big happened, "Hmph, as if they were anything."

"Don't talk about it!" She shouted back. She covered her chest with the blanket.

He put a hand to his mouth, "Shh, they're going to wake up!"

She covered in response and looked at the door in case someone swung it open.

He sighed. Getting up, he hopped onto his bed, "You should head back to your room now."

Hana glanced at him, watching him fix the bed. He took the blanket from her and she stood up, "Hey, can I sleep with you?"

"Eh?" Luhan said. It wasn't a surprise 'eh' but a questioning 'eh'. Being a bit serious now, he questioned her, "You-- you like me, don't you?"

Hana slapped his shoulder, "Pabo, as if." She looked back at the door and then back at him, "I'm scared to go back to my room."

Luhan scoffed, "Oi, Yunho said your guys' room is just across from this room!"

"But, it's not my place, so I'm scared!" Hana whined as she stomped quietly. She tugged onto his blanket, begging him, "Onegai, let me sleep here!"

Luhan tugged the blanket, too, "As if I'd let!" He pointed at her, "You are a girl. I am a boy. If anybody sees us together tomorrow, they would no longer believe what we always tell them!"

She whined even more, "But I'm too scared to go by myself!"

He let go of the blanket, "Fine, I'll take you." He was about to get off of the bed until Hana stopped him. "Now what?"

Instead of whining this time, Hana was pouting, puffing her cheeks. "Actually, it's not that I'm scared to go back to my room."

"Then what is it?"

Hana hesitated to answer. She feared speaking of it will jinx it or something. "What happens if you eat the rice ball after I leave and choke and die?"

"HA?" Luhan exclaimed. He turned around and eyed the rice ball that he had not touched. He scratched his head, "Fine, I'll eat it here, right in front of you so that if I choke, you can save me. Happy?" He reached for the plate and saw Hana hopped in joy. He analyzed the cold rice ball, "Hey, is it still good?"

Hana rolled her eyes, "I made it about two to three hours ago, right before we all went to bed." She opened and pointed to the one in Luhan's hand, "Ah, that one, Luna made it."

Knowing that Luna made it, Luhan set it back down on the plate. "Which one did you made?"

"The middle and the last one." Hana said. "Luna got better at making simple foods...even rice ball, too."

Luhan took a big bite of Hana's, "No way am I risking my life with her cooking. She's a second Nicole." He frowned, "Or, maybe Nicole's the second Luna."

Hana laughed at seeing Luhan's puffed cheeks. She loosened up her sleeves and brought it to wipe the corners of his mouth.

"I'm still eating," He mumbled.

Smiling, she pressed her hand into his face, "Stop stuffing your face. That's what got you like this in the first place."

"Can't help it. Your food's poisonous." Luhan slyly complimented.

Because he didn't learn his lesson, he started to choke again. Scared, Hana frantically search for the water bottle she also brought along, too, but it was nowhere near to be found. She saw Luhan point down to the floor, so she searched under the bed and there it was, lying right under the bed. She twisted the cap opened with haste and shoved it into Luhan's mouth. As Luhan drank, she soothed his back.

Once Luhan finished drinking and calming down, Hana furiously shook him by his shoulders, "How many times are you going to kill yourself by choking?"

"Sorry, sorry!" Luhan apologized. He was too hungry since he didn't get to eat all of his dinner and Hana's rice ball were delicious, so he couldn't help but shove it all in at once. "I'm okay now." He assured her. He placed the plate away and held her by her wrists, "Ready?"

Hana shook her head, "No."

"I finished eating." He reasoned.

Hana sat on the bed, refusing to leave, "It's not healthy or safe to go to sleep right after eating. Knowing you, you'd die if I left and not supervise you."

Now, it was Luhan's turn to whine, "Hey, what's up with you?"

"I said it before, didn't I?" Hana whimpered and then whispered, "I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."

Luhan finally realized why Hana didn't want to leave him. She was worried about my health from the very beginning, thinking that I'm still sick. He leaned onto his bed, making Hana flinched. Feeling apologetic that Hana still believed he was sick, he gave up on persuading her to go back to her room. "Okay, I give up. Sleep here if you want. I'm too lazy to take you back anyway."

Hana grinned.

Removing the covers for her to step in, Luhan made space for her; however, once he finished and just when he was about to be comfortable sleeping, she stopped him.

"Now what?" he almost growled.

"Didn't I just say that you're not supposed to go to sleep right after eating?" Hana evenly spread the blankets for her and him. "Stay up for another fifteen minutes and then you can sleep."

"What?" Luhan leaned his head back. "Don't do this to me."

"Then, are you going to leave me as a widow?" She said, serious. She stared and pointed at him, “If you are, I'll come after you."

He laughed. "Pabo, a human being can't kill a ghost. It's already dead."

She made a face, "Then, I'll become an angel and torture you."

"That's not what angels do."

"That's what I do." Hana emphasized. She closed her eyes and tapped him, "Night."

Luhan gave up and let her win again. "Yeah, night." He pulled the blanket over her shoulders, and her hands grabbed onto the back of his shirt. At first, he was confused but understood that she just wanted to confirm that he would be safe while she slept. Looking at her sleeping, he thanked her silently, something he found himself doing a lot nowadays.

*

Jongsuk had been outside through all the conversations and the long silence. During the long silence, he was curious as to what was happening and why in the world had the room gone silent. Just as he was going to try to peek by looking under the door, the lights turned off in the room and he gasped.

Hana was still in there.

Just them two.

With Luhan.

In the dark.

Together.

What's this? Why are they sleeping together? Jongsuk couldn't make up of what was going on right now - especially with what was going on inside the bedroom with Luhan and Hana. They always deny with such energy that they're not an item...yet, they're sleeping together? He put his hands on his head, thinking of possible alternatives. Maybe Luna's with them...somewhere. She's probably asleep and that's why I didn't hear her speak at all.

Jongsuk tried comforting himself. Hana isn't those kinds of girls. I told her I'd trust her. Deep inside, a huge part of him wasn't convinced. After hearing the entire conversation with their laughs and joking bickering, he could not find a good enough reason to persuade himself about why Hana and Luhan were in the same bedroom.

Having enough of his mind going in circles with his thoughts, he mustered enough energy to stand up and walk back to his futon to lie down. It was almost three and he was not sleepy. More correctly, he couldn't sleep. His thoughts were strongly trying to take control of him but he managed to suppressed them and his feelings. Right now, he wanted to barge into the door and see for his own eyes whether or not Hana was still in the room, and if she was, where exactly was she sleeping. If it was the worst scenario where the two were sleeping together, Jongsuk knew he'd end up losing control and punch Luhan for lying about their relationship, no matter what kind it was.

He tossed to lie on his side, facing away from the hallway where he just came from. Just go to sleep. Just go to sleep. Just...go...to...

*

"Good morning," Gayoon greeted the people out in the living room—Yunho, Nicole, Xiumin, Lay, Woobin, and Jongsuk.

The boys were forced to wake up by Yunho to make way for them to sit, and to start an early cleaning.

"Hana and Luna are still asleep?" Lay asked Gayoon.

Gayoon nodded, "Yes." She looked around the tidied living room and asked the adults, "Is there anything I can do, too?"

Nicole shook her head, "Oh, no. We're fine. Since Yunho is taking the boys on their training, we girls are having a girl's day out!"

Just then, a door creaked open and everyone eyed the hallway. It was Luhan who walked out with a messy bed hair holding a cell phone in one hand as he walked toward a room. They curiously looked as Luhan opened the door to where Hana and Luna were sleeping in. In shocked, everyone just watched. Seconds later, everyone heard Luhan shouting in pain.

"It must be Luna." Lay, Xiumin, and Yunho said together.

To their surprise again, it wasn't. It was Hana. They could hear her scold Luhan all the way from the living room, and like always, they didn't pity Luhan. It was always him who started—well, at least most of the time.

As the ruckus piped down, a stretching Luna walked out, dragging her green blanket that she brought with her. She sat on the lap of her boyfriend and curled into a ball. "That Luhan, he's going to get it from me later. How dare he walk into the ladies’ bedroom for a phone call from his brother?"

"What did he do?" Lay asked.

Everyone paid attention to Luna.

Luna rubbed her eyes, "I was already awake, but right when I was going to go back to sleep, that jerk sleazily popped into our room and violently pulled off Hana's blanket and then slapped her with his hand, trying to wake her up."

"He touched her ?" Everyone shouted.

"No, I did not!" Luhan came out, followed by Hana who was talking on the phone. He was touching his red ears, and everyone knew that was where he was punished. "Luna, stop telling them lies." Sunbae’s here, too.

Luna jolted up, "Fine then. Explain how did you wake up Hana then?"

Luhan sat down in front of the gang, criss-cross, "I entered the bedroom, tugged at the blanket, and then pat her on the side." His slight smile gave the gang the hint that Luna's story was much more accurate than his. "That's all I did."

"Your phone." Hana said, handing Luhan back his cell phone while she plopped down beside Luhan and used his back as a back rest. Yawning, she said, "Taeyang's doing fine. He's just scared because he doesn't know where he's at."

"Taeyang?" Yunho, Nicole, Woobin, and Jongsuk asked.

Hana sat up. She had forgotten where she was at. "Ah, Taeyang...uh..."

"Our neighbor's kid." Luhan said, saving her once again regarding Taeyang.

"'Our'?" The same people asked.

Luhan immediately pointed to himself, "MY! My neighbor's kid."

"Why is your brother calling you about your neighbor's kid?" Nicole asked Luhan.

"Cause you see..." Luhan glanced at his friends for help. Sudden white lies weren't his forte.

Lay stepped in to save his friend, "The neighborhood where Luhan lives has a lot of babies, so they cry a lot at night."

Yunho frowned, "But, when I did home visits a few years back, the Lu family lived in a place where its a bit isolated from people."

"We moved. Uh, I moved." Luhan grinned, hoping that would ease the interrogation.

"Huh?" Nicole and Yunho said together.

What did we get ourselves into? Luhan and Hana thought at the same time.

Luhan scratched his head, "Actually, just recently, I am living by myself, and sometimes, my brother would come and visit or sleepover. I guess he came yesterday and got annoyed about the neighbor's crying kid and called." He immediately followed up with a nervous laugh.

Woobin scooted closer, "Then, why would your brother talked to Hana and not you about it?"

Hana finally stepped in, wanting to end this conversation as soon as possible. "That's because being the Luhan he is, he just wanted to wake me up."

Luhan tagged along unwillingly, especially since the comment his friend said wasn’t a flattering one. "Yep, that's right."

The two laughed awkwardly to try to convince their curious audience.

"Oh, I'm going to wash up." He stood up, "I'll be back guys."

Hana stood up, too, "I'm going to do the same." She followed Luhan and they both entered their respective room.

"Is it just me...or, it seemed that they were hiding something?" Nicole pondered.

"Just you!" The people who knew about the actual situation replied. They desperately tried to divert the adults' attention from Hana's and Luhan's phone situation.

Jongsuk eyed the bedroom Hana just went into and thought back to what he witnessed this early morning. Did he heard wrong? Hana didn't come out of Luhan's room even though he was one hundred and one percent sure that she slept in the room with him.

As everyone had their own topic to discuss about, Jongsuk was the only one who was quiet.

*

Breakfast was done and over with and after resting for half an hour, everyone was getting ready to go out; however, the winter weather wasn't being nice, so the boys' training plan was cancelled. It was too cold to be running outside and it would too weird and uncomfortable training in big jackets, so now, the plan was changed. They were going to spend half the day at the aquarium just two stations away, come back and finish cleaning, and then have an indoor barbecue dinner since tonight was going to be the last night.

The boys were changing in the room where Luhan slept and the girls were changing in the room they slept. As for Nicole and Yunho, they were upstairs trying to find their clothes in the boxes. So far, it was no luck. The kids, being downstairs, could hear Yunho muttering out loud about how long and how much of a pain it was just to find their clothes and that they should've categorized their stuff instead of just putting things in.

Xiumin sat on the bed. He was the first one who was done dressing. Woobin was at the corner checking his phone, Jongsuk was behind Xiumin who was using the other outlet, Lay was out in the living room getting a drink of water, and Luhan was on the floor searching through his bag.

The door to the boys' room opened and in popped Hana. She was holding onto a jacket and immediately spotted Luhan, "Hey, your muffler jacket."

Luhan's eyes widened, "I thought I was going to have freeze to death!" He took the jacket that was tossed to h

Please log in to read the full chapter