005

Yuna Inspired: Our Virtual Family [Luhan Version]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hana handed Leeteuk with a mug of coffee.

They had invited him into their house after hearing an absurd asking of favor from someone they’ve met for the very first time. They were sitting in the living room having a discussion about it.

“You see...” began Leeteuk, “my girlfriend and I...have been going out for a half a year...”

Wah, only half a year and they’re already getting married?! Hana and Luhan thought to themselves.

“...and since I’m going to be thirty-one soon—”

Hana and Luhan hopped out of their seats and shouted at the same time. “YOU’RE THIRTY?!”

A scared and shocked Leeteuk flinched as he nodded. “Y-y-yes...”

Hana exhaled deeply. “You don’t look thirty at all. I thought you were at least in your early twenties.”

Luhan nodded. “I thought so too.”

Leeteuk shyly thanked them for the compliment. “Anyway...I decided to use this time to propose to her. I want her to be rest assured that she can rely on me, trust me, and know that I can be there for her like no one has before.” He looked at them sincerely. “I want to tell her I’m ready to start a life with her, now and forever.” He sighed. “Please, I need your help. Your house is the only equipment I need to use.”

Luhan and Hana became confused.

Hana pointed up. “Our house? I-I—wait, what?”

Leeteuk nervously chuckled. “What I really need is for you guys to lend me your house.”

*

Hana and Luhan had just finished dinner and were waiting for one thing—Leeteuk Park, their neighbor. They have decided to help Leeteuk and his proposal. His favor was that since Hana’s bedroom balcony was close to Leeteuk’s bedroom’s balcony, he planned to enter his balcony from her balcony to surprise his girlfriend.

“I really don’t see why you’re helping him,” Luhan said for the millionth time.

Hana smiled. “He’s proposing to her. How can anyone not want to help?”

“Um, strangers, hello?” he said in a sing-song voice. For a quick moment, when he said that, he sounded a lot like Luna. “We just met him today, and he came with such a weird favor that will forever leave us with a weird first impression of him.”

“It’s true, but I think we made the right choice.”

“If our house was really the only option that he had, he should’ve found another way to propose,” he irritatably said.

She sighed. “You know...even though it’s more commonly known that a girl’s big day is her wedding day...maybe for guys...the big part isn’t the wedding...but proposing.” She smiled. “It’s just surprising that he’s proposing to her already.”

“I thought that, too!” he immediately said. “I was shocked myself. I just hope they last.”

She gently slapped him playfully on the arm for what he had said.

“Oh, he’s here, I see him.” He stood up to open the door.

“Good evening,” Leeteuk greeted at the door. He entered in with papers in his hands. “Well, I’ve got everything planned out.”

“Feel free to do what you need to,” Hana said.

“Thanks.”

Hana’s heart fluttered. “Ah, she’s so lucky already!” She clutched her hands nearby her chest. “If only more men were as sincere as you when they do anything.”

“Oh, I’m sure your husband is sincere,” Leeteuk said.

Hana and Luhan froze. It was the very first time someone had said the word ‘husband’ and implied the word ‘wife’ and implied the virtual family of the Lu that they were portraying.

“Is something the matter?” Leeteuk asked.

Hana decided to change the subject. “So...what is the plan?”

“I’ll be back at nine or so to use your balcony.” Leeteuk explained. “Of course, this won’t go without you guys not getting any credit, so if she accepts, you two will be invited as my special guests of honor.”

“And if not?” Luhan bluntly asked.

Hana nudged him again and smiled to express her apology on his behalf.

“That’s just what happened, then.” Leeteuk honestly answered. “But I don’t think she’ll reject me. We’ve known each other for twenty-two years.”

“I thought you said you two have been dating for half a year only.” Hana questioned.

“Oh, I forgot to mention that we were friends way before we dated.”

It became interesting to Luhan, so he sat down with a teasing sneer. “Oh, so what made you get captured by her?”

Hana sat back near him and gave him a glare to tell him to stop being rude to Leeteuk with his remarks.

Leeteuk didn’t mind. “Actually, I think it was the fact that we were friends that made me fell in love with her. I just didn’t realize it until half a year ago.”

Hana felt secured knowing that Leeteuk’s proposal will go well. “Then, I’m glad for you two.”

“Thank you.” He stood up. “Well, I’ll be going ‘cause she’ll be here in a few minutes.” He headed outside. “See you guys around nine.”

*

It was nine-twenty-four p.m., and Hana and Luhan had patiently waited for Leeteuk’s arrival to their house to head up to Hana’s room.

“Ne, want to play a game while we continue waiting?” He suggested.

She was cuddling herself with a light lavender blanket that belonged to Taeyang. “Sure. What game?”

“Our neighbor got me this idea—let’s see how much we know about each other,” he said. “They’ve known each other for twenty-two years, but, hey, we’ve known each other for five years, so it should be enough.”

She thought for a moment. “Okay. Sure.” She removed the blanket. “How many questions?”

“How about ten? Each of us gets to ask ten questions, and we have to write the answer down. So, it’s a total of twenty in total.”

“Okay.” She pouted. “But can you get the papers and pens? I’m scared to go by myself.”

He sighed. “Pabo, it’s your own house.” He stood up. “I’ll be back—woah!”

She tugged on his shirt. “Never mind! I go, too!”

He laughed at the scaredy-cat Hana who was tightly grabbing ahold of his t-shirt.

“I don’t want you telling me that I’m lazy.” She stood up and fixed her attire. “Let’s go.”

“I’m not going to call you lazy...you’re just a scaredy-cat...a huge one!”

She gave him a death glare. “Are you saying I’m fat?”

They both knew Luhan didn’t say it to imply anything, but she couldn’t help saying it.

He teasingly looked away as if he said ‘yes.’ He waited for an incoming abuse from her; however, he didn’t receive one. “You’re not going to hit me?”

“Why would I?” She laughed.

They were on the top of the stair case and started heading into Luhan’s room.

“I implied that you were fat, didn’t I?”

She smiled. “Well, as sad as it is and embarrassing as it is, it is the truth. I can’t deny that, nor can I get mad.” She pursed her lips together. “Besides, I rather hear it from you than any other person.”

He became interested as he looked for scratch-papers. “Why?”

With an honest and sincere expression, she answered, “I don’t know. There is always something about the things you say to me. They make me feel...”

He hopped over and interrupted her comment. “Oi, are you going to like me?!”

She playfully hit his shoulders. “Pabo. Whoever likes you is the unluckiest girl ever.”

“Why is that?! Don’t start badmouthing my future girlfriend!”

“Don’t you mean, wife?” Hana asked.

The moment she said that, both of them stood still.

Wife, huh. After we divorce when this problem gets solved, he’s going to start his real love life with another girl. She glanced over at Luhan who had a similar a thought as hers. With a sigh, she decided to change to the subject. “Got the papers?”

“Ne, why did you said that you won’t get married?” Luhan asked. “You said that when Kris hyung came over and left with Taeyang.”

She had a feeling this conversation would lead to something uncomfortable, so she decided to look for the papers herself in his room as she avoided looking back at him. “Why are you asking that? I was joking of course.”

“No, you weren’t.” He immediately counter-argued. “I know when you’re joking, and I know when you’re not.”

“Luhan, it was really a joke. Of course, I’m going to get married.” Since when did he become so nosy at my business? Seconds later, she felt Luhan’s arms put over and across her shoulders, enclosing her into the embrace of his arms. Even though it was dark in the room with only the source of light seeping through from his window, she could sense his depressing head leaning on her shoulder. “Lu…han?”

“Then...even after divorce...I won’t get married...until you get married,” he confidently said. He squeezed her shoulder, assuring her of his declaration. I won’t leave you alone if you’re planning to raise Taeyang as a single-mother.

She gently touched his arms. With a faint smile, she quietly said, “Pabo...”

*

"Morning," Hana said as she set the table with warm foods and soups. She frowned when Luhan popped down onto his seat. Putting her hands on her hips with a frying pan in one hand and a spatula in another, she ordered, "Oi, go back upstairs, wash your face, change into your clothes, and then come back down to eat."

A very tired Luhan laid his head down on his arm, "No. I'm too tired to do that. Let me eat first and then get changed."

Hana walked over, "Did you played games all night?"

Luhan nodded his head as he closed his eyes.

She smiled, "Fine. I'll let this passed." She walked over to the stove and muttered, "You lost countless times anyway."

Luhan jolted up, "How'd you know?!"

Hana laughed, "I heard you ranting and whining about not being able to pass a level or something."

"The fourth boss!" Luhan corrected her because it was a big deal to him. "Xiumin beat him with lower levels than mine, yet I can't!"

"That's because he's Xiumin." Hana said, "He's good with computer games...and other gaming stuff."

Feeling depressed, he walked over and sluggishly sat on the counter, "Then, what am I good at?"

Hana looked at him, "Don't sit on the counter, you might get burn." She warned him before she answered with a thought. She slyly smiled, "Oh, I didn't have to think about it. Silly me."

Luhan rolled his eyes impatiently, "Yes, yes let's get passed the talking-to-yourself phase and get onto the answering phase." He flashed a smile when Hana gave him a look.

"You're good with handling girls." Hana said. "That's a good thing...I guess."

"You guess?!" Luhan popped down, "Why are you guessing?! I am! Every time Xiumin and I go on blind dates, I always get the girls."

"And he gets to date them." Hana added.

It always ended up like that. Luhan was the eye candy and a ladies' man, but, from personal stories that Hana had heard from the girls, Xiumin seemed to match them after hanging out with Luhan for a while.

Luhan looked away, "That's cause they haven't seen the good stuff."

"The good stuff?" Hana questioned. "What good stuff?"

Luhan sneered. He looked down and implied that his good stuff was his little brother down there. "My good stuff."

Hana rolled her eyes in disgust and laughed as she knew he was being silly. As she shoved him away with the spatula, she said, "Go and get changed."

Luhan took a few steps and turned around to joke, "Ne, since I'm changing, want to go see how it looks like?"

Hana shrieked and blushed, "Oi, just go!" Hana turned her attention to cooking and ignored him. That pabo.

*

"Luhan, your phone is ringing." Hana shouted from upstairs as she was getting her clothes to do laundry. She entered his room and grabbed his phone just in time when Luhan rushed up. She gave it to him as she looked at the caller. "Oh, it seems Coach is calling you."

"Coach?" Luhan grabbed the phone and answered it, "Hello?" He whispered to Hana, "Ne, can you do mine, too?" He put his palms together to beg. After receiving a smile, he headed downstairs.

Hana looked around his room. Laundry? It was a mess. There were clothes, pens, and papers on the floor. I guess boys' rooms are messy and disorganized. She's never had a younger brother nor a younger sibling, so she never had to clean up a mess after anyone else but hers. But, it wasn't that she mind, she loved cleaning and organizing, but she just didn't know how to work around things since it wasn't her stuff. "I'll just wash everything then. He won't say anything. Even if he did, I did the work."

In the laundry room, Luhan opened the door. In a sing-song voice, he said, "Guess who'll be using their new baseball bat?!"

Hana's eyes widen, "What?! Baseball training has begun?" She stopped putting the clothes into the washing machine and went over to him, "When?"

Luhan flexed his invisible muscles, "The third of January."

"Oh, so that's in less than a week." Hana thought to herself. "Are you going to start working out now?"

"Why?"

Hana patted his stomach, "So that you won't be sore when you do the training with Coach Yunho."

Luhan whined, "Ah, that's right. I also have to get up an hour early before school for training once school begins!"

"Why are you complaining? You've been doing it for...two years?"

"Three years."

"Yeah, three years." Hana said. She walked back to doing her job.

Luhan came over with a long exhale, "Maybe I should quit the team."

Hana stopped what she was doing again and looked at him with worries, "Why? What for?"

"What about Taeyang? What about taking him to his daycare in the morning and picking him up afterschool?" Luhan explained, "I can't let you do that yourself."

Hana stopped him from continuing on trying to reason a way out of his baseball team for her and Taeyang, "No. Stop. You don't have to worry about us. What you're doing is already doing something for us." She hugged him with a smile, "Be a baseball father Taeyang can be proud of." She pulled back, but her arms were still around him, "That way, you two can play baseball together."

"Really?" Luhan asked. "Really, really?"

"Really." Hana said. She removed her hands from him, "Besides, who do you think I am?" She laughed, "I am Hana, and I can handle this little problem." She gave him a light punch on the chest, "Be the man I can be proud of, too."

*

Hana and Luhan have been cleaning their rooms and the house for the new beginning of the year and the ending of the year. Their New Year cleaning came into a halt when Hana received a phone call from Luna.

"Yeah, we're home. Why?" Hana put the broom down and sat on a nearby chair, "Now?" She looked around the room, "Sure, I guess. K. See you." When she hanged up, a curious Luhan asked her about who called. "It was Luna. She's coming over."

"Just her?" Luhan asked.

Hana blinked. "Well, I'm sure they're together. They're always together."

Seconds later, the doorbell rang and Luhan headed over to open the door. To their surprise, it was Luna. Just Luna.

"Where's Lay?" Luhan asked as he scanned his front yard.

Luna angrily barged in, "I don't know. Why won't you look for him yourself?" She sat at the couch and made herself comfortable by eating the snacks at the table. "Don't mind me. But, let me warn you right now, if Lay calls or is at the door, don't answer or let-'

The doorbell rang again and Luhan opened it. It was Lay this time.

"Don't let him in!" Luna whined. "Why did you open the door?"

Luhan shrugged, "You didn't complete your sentence, and...I thought it wouldn't be Lay."

"What's wrong with you two?" Hana came over as she placed her mop on the floor. It was the very first time she had seen her two friends not being lovey-dovey to one another.

"I don't know. Why won't you ask Mr. I-don't-know-anything-about-my-girlfriend-at-all?" She raised her chin at Lay.

Lay was calm and relaxed even after being mocked by his girlfriend. He came over, sat closely beside her, and spoke in a very soft manner, "I’m sorry. It's not that I don't pay attention to you...it's just..."

"Just what? We've been going out for four years, and you don't know more than thirty percent about me?!"

"Thirty percent?" Hana and Luhan questioned, but they weren't answered.

"You shouldn't need to pay attention to that." Lay said.

Luna scoffed and moved away to sit at the opposite side of the couch, "I shouldn't pay attention to how much you know about me?! That's what tells me how much you like me!"

"Okay, what's going on?" Luhan stepped in as he felt that the argument was going out of bounds, especially since Luna was shouting.

Luna looked away because she didn't want to tell the experience, so Lay explained. "Luna and I were at the shopping districts, and we came across this store that was doing a last-day Christmas event for couples. We-"

"Go get some papers. And pens." Luna said as she stood up from her seat. She glared at Luhan to obey, and he did.

Hana hoped Luna would give her a job too so that she wouldn't have to be in the awkward scene, but Luna didn't.

When Luhan came back, he nicely handed it to Luna.

"Now, you two are going to do it," Luna demanded.

"Do what?" Luhan asked.

"What we did." Luna answered.

"But we're not a couple," Hana said.

"Exactly. If you two aren't a couple, then you two shouldn't get more than three answers right about one another." Luna reasoned. "But, unlike us, it seemed that we're strangers even though we've been dating for more than a year!"

"Luna..." Lay tried to speak, but Luna ignored him.

"Okay, you two just turn around and write an answer to my questions."

Hana perked up, "Oh, this was the game we were going to do yesterday."

"Eh?" Luna asked, "You guys were at the event, too?"

Luhan shook his head, "No, we came up with an idea after our neighbor asked us for a favor."

Luna became disinterested. "Oh, then, what was the score? How well do you two know each other?"

Luhan and Hana bashfully looked away because Luna's question brought back the embarrassing conversation and declaration that they both had.

"Well, what was your guys' score?"

"We never really finished playing it." Hana answered. "Something else came up."

Lu

Please log in to read the full chapter