025

Yuna Inspired: Our Virtual Family [Luhan Version]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Arriving home, the couple is too lazy to unload their luggage, do laundry, and take a shower because the hot scorching afternoon has arrived. The only one who has enough energy to do anything is Taeyang, who has awaken from his two-hour nap from the car. They also slept during the bumpy car ride but it wasn’t comfortable enough to have a comforting time. As they watch Taeyang amuse himself with its block toys, they question how in the world was he able to sleep through the ride when they weren’t. The only answer they can come up with is because their son is a majestic baby that can sleep whenever during whatever.

“I had never expected that weddings were such a tiresome thing.” Hana begins, massaging her forehead while her head rests back into the couch beside another tired Luhan. “They really went all out.”

Luhan nods, “They really did. But no matter how tiring it was, the smile they gave each other the entire time was worth every ounce of sweat.”

She laughs, “Yeah.” Her laugh and smile slowly fade away and she thinks back to the wedding. It was very extravagant and she wondered if Mr. Park would ever regret putting so much money into it, not saying that he is a greedy man because he’s not. But, Hana can’t come to an understanding about why a groom would do so much for his bride. She had always thought that the guy would sleaze off, just like how her brother-in-laws had sleazed off on their wedding nights. They’d get drunk halfway of the ceremony and then passed out.

But, Mr. Park didn’t. In fact, he was sober the entire time, using it to occasionally steal small yet romantic glances back at his wife. He even bit his tongue during the vow exchange because she knew that he was busily googling over her beauty. Can’t blame him for that because when she had saw how gorgeous Lady Mr. Park stepped out in the full-out laced wedding gown, she didn’t look like any Queen on Earth—she was the Queen of angels.

“What are you thinking about?” Luhan’s question interrupts her thoughts because he notices that her expression has turned blank.

Inhaling deeply, she sits up and he does, too.

“Mr. Park…” She says, quietly. “…He really loves her.”

“Of course he does. That’s why they got married in the first place. Because they want to be together. Forever.”

Hana lets out a weak laugh and Luhan instantly knows that she’s bothered.

Without much thought, she accidently speaks her mind, “But, we’re married even though we’re not together. Or going to be together forever.” It takes her a while to notice that what she hears is what she has said out loud aside from just thinking of it. She quickly looks at him, apologetic. “S-sorry, Luhan. I—I didn’t—“

“—I know.” He gives her an assuring smile. “I understand. I’ll never misunderstand you, pabo.”

She arches a brow, “You’ll never misunderstand me?” She playfully scoffs, “You misunderstood me once, didn’t you?”

“Ha, when have I?”

“Fine, I’ll replay it.” She clears and turns to face him. Moistening her eyes by constantly blinking it, she grabs ahold of his sleeve and quietly asks in a soft and gentle manner, “Luhan…sleep with me.”

His face becomes red and he scoots away. “I—I don’t know what you’re—“

“—Luhan, you don’t want to sleep with me?” She scoots in closer, practically on all four on the couch.

“Hey!” He tries to stay strong, “You didn’t asked like that, okay.” Seeing Taeyang slowly walking on over to them, he hisses, “Don’t play around like that—you’re going to give Taeyang the wrong idea!” He shoves her away and goes to where Taeyang is, “Don’t look at her or your eyes will bleed!”

Angry, she hops onto his back, making him blush even redder. But, being the clueless friend she is, she only has revenge on her mind. “What was that you said?”

As he gets up in hopes of shaking her off, it doesn’t work and now he has to carry her. Still trying to manage himself, he hesitantly moves around because he’s afraid that she’d catch him red-handed as being embarrassed at this scene.

“Ah, so you do remember that you had misunderstood me once, then.” Hana says, happy at the sight of his red ears.

Not liking that she has won over him, he is reminded of something that he can retaliate back with. Feeling victorious and ready to flip the table around, he walks over to the opposite couch far from Taeyang so he won’t have to see the next scene. After gently putting her down on the couch, he shoves her body onto the couch and hovers over her.

Smirking, he asks, “And you’ve never misunderstood me before?”

Not caring at that she is under him at the moment, she confidently nods her head, “Of course I have never.”

“Then, how about when you thought I hit sunbae because I wanted to when in fact, it was to protect you?” After he finishes saying it, he mentally speaks to himself. Did I just say that?

She forms a thin line with her lips and the soft words, “I know” slips through them.

This wasn’t how it was supposed to be! Not content that what he had planned didn’t go as planned, he is about to get up and away from her when her two arms extended out to his shoulders and locked them behind his neck, not releasing him. “Wh—”

“—I never really got a chance to say this…” She looks away, “…because it was embarrassing at the time…but…” she turns to look at him, “…thank you.”

His eyes widen and his heart softens. His stomach churns inside out. His hands and legs weaken.

“Thanks…for protecting my firsts, Luhan.” Her hands rise up to cup his cheeks and they caress him. “Thank you.”

And each time she speaks those words, all he can do is slowly gaze down from her eye contact to down to where those soft-spoken words are coming from. He clenches tightly onto his fists because he has a feeling they are going to move on their own and do something he doesn’t want to do to her—pull her in for a kiss—a passionate boyfriend to girlfriend kiss. At the thought of a kiss and hearing the triggered word—first—he is reminded of something.

“Have…h-have you kissed him?”

She scowls at him, not liking the question because to her, it makes her seem indecent. “No.”

“So…I took…” I took her first kiss… Feeling guilty, he heaves a long and loud sigh.

“You took what?” Misunderstanding, she gasps, “You kissed Sunbae—”

“—No I haven’t—I mean, no I didn’t! And will never!” He finally breaks away from her “hand leash” and sits on the couch.

“Then, why do you seem so depressed?” She asks him, sitting up, too. Before she can get an answer, Taeyang starts to walk over to them and she smells the “aroma” from him so she smiles and pats Luhan on the back before leaving off to change Taeyang’s diaper, “Don’t worry about whatever it is that you’re worried about too much, okay?” Picking Taeyang up and heading towards the stairs, she throws him one more look, “Taeyang and I still need you here.”

Watching her go up the stairs, he guiltily laughs it off. “Yeah…”

*

Luhan: It’s tomorrow guys!!!

Kris puts his phone away and lets out a laugh after reading his younger brother’s annoying text. This is the first time his brother has been so annoying—bothering him every day this entire week with the same email remind them that tomorrow, he has a party to attend, and that means he has to leave tonight if he wants to be there on time. As he thinks about his brother, he begins to see how different his lazy, unmotivated, and skirt-chasing younger brother has become

Luhan has become a caring, responsible, and mature-like gentleman.

Although Kris is proud of his brother’s “achievements,” it just mirrors to him that he’s slowly becoming the opposite of what Luhan is.

Especially not with what he knows and hides.

“Yo, earth to Kris.”

Kris perks up at the voice of his younger friend Baekhyun who has left to wash his hands and face down at the water trenches the garden had made for various water purposes. It is lunch time and the two are currently taking a breather under the shade the tall and huge tree is providing.

“I met up with Grandma and she said that you can leave now if you want. She doesn’t want you to miss the train.”

“It’s fine. I’ll leave at night fall.” Kris says as he points to the sky. “I’ll make it in time. It doesn’t start until one in the afternoon anyway.” He purses his lips, “You know, I was thinking, I should introduce you to them.”

“Me?” Baekhyun furrows his brows, “But, wouldn’t that mean I’d have to go, too?”

“Well, when I told your grandparents about it, I also invited them but they said that work here has become busier and that it is hard and uncomfortable for them to travel by train. They also commented about how much they despise the city, so I figured I should ask you instead.”

“Even though you know I don't want to go back?? Baekhyun laughs.

“It's only proper of me to introduce you, the one who helped me around here, to my family.”

Baekhyun waves a hand, “I'm fine. We don't need to be introduced to one another, and it's only proper for people to help one another.”

Kris in air, “Actually, you kind of have no choice.”

The younger boy furrows his brows together and creases on his forehead appear. “What do you mean?”

“I told them about the idea and they liked it so much…they're also packing your stuff.”

“What?”

Kris nods, “Yep, so tag along, okay?”

“But you know I can't go.”

“It's not that you can't. It's that you won't isn't it?” Kris sternly gives his friend a look. “Oh, come on. It's just a representational visit and we're not staying more than a day. I'm sure you won't pass by her or any of the people you don't want to see yet.”

“Representational visit?”

“Yeah. Since I can't take your grandparents to see my younger bro and his friend, you're the substitute.”

Baekhyun shifts in his spot, “You know, hyung, why do you always refer to your brother's wife as his friend? The first time you said it, I had thought that your brother was living with a roommate but after finding out that he is married and with a kid, you've never once directly referred to her as his wife or even as a sister-in-law.”

Surprised because not even he has noticed it, he quickly comes up with a lie on the spot, laughing awkwardly, “Ah, it must be a habit. They were friends before marriage and I've known them for quite a while, so it's kind of weird for me to see her as a sister-in-law.”

He nods, coming to an understanding. “By the way, I figured out why you speak in such eloquence. You majored in law, didn't you?”

“Oh, how did you know?”

“Yesterday, when you were unpacking your books, I saw the title of one of them.”

“And you figured it was a law book?”

“Yeah,” Baekhyun’s voice lowers, “A relative of mine could had been a lawyer.”

“I’m sorry?” Kris asks, not hearing.

Baekhyun forces a smile, “Nothing.”

Kris stands up and stretches, “Well, I’ll be seeing you and your bags this evening.”

“But—”

“—it’s already been decided.” Before Baekhyun can say anymore, Kris walks away, satisfied.

When Baekhyun sees Kris’s silhouette disappears from his sight, he sighs painfully. Pulling his knees to his chest and resting an arm on it, he covers his face and quietly mutters, “I want to…see you soon…”

*

“I’m not so sure about this,” Hana says, worried. Even though she’s already dressed and ready for a casual so-called exercising walk with Taeyang, an out-of-the-blue idea from Luhan yesterday night, she doesn’t think it’s time for Taeyang to be spending two hours outside in the hot sun.

Luhan pops out of the room where they are keeping all of Taeyang’s belongings and carries the never-been-used before stroller that his brother bought back when they first moved in here. “It’s fine. I think it’s a great idea.”

“How so?” She crosses her arms over her chest. “He’s just barely recovered.”

“Well, to make him recover even faster, it’s better to move around in a breezy and—uh—different place, you know.”

“It’s not even breezy today,” Hana says, pointing out the obvious. “And, the both of us haven’t had a full breakfast.” She looks at her son, “I only fed him his bottle and I only got to eat that toast you made, which, by the way, was burnt halfway through because you were talking on the phone. Why were you talking with Luna, anyway?”

Ignoring her question, he unstraps the stroller and makes sure that it is working just fine. Rolling it over to her, he smiles, “Okay, you guys ready?”

“I don’t want to go.”

Despaired, he asks, “Why not? You-you have to go.”

She gives him a look, “Why do I have to go?”

“D-did I say that?” He laughs to himself. “No, I-I meant that, that you should go.” He points to Taeyang. “With him, too, of course.” He claps his hand. “Oh, think of this as mother-son day!”

“That can be Mother’s Day, Luhan.”

“Well, what’s the bad idea of having two Mother’s Day?”

She goes over to the couch and plops down, “Why are you trying to kick me out?”

“Kick you out?” He blinks and stutters, “Wh-why would I?”

“Then, I don’t need to go on this walk.”

“You have, I mean, you should go,” he insists. “Look, it’s been a long time since you two have bonded and think of it as a little recovery between the both of you after his hospitalization. How about that?”

She smiles, telling him that she’s taken a liking to how he has put it. “Yeah, you’re right.” She nods and looks at Taeyang, “It’s been a while since it’s just the both of us and it would be nice for him to not stay cooped at home every day, too.”

“See.”

“Yeah,” she gets up and picks Taeyang and straps him safely and securely in his navy blue stroller, “You’re right, Luhan,” she leans up straight and walks over to the stroller and straps him in. “We should spend a day to ourselves.”

“Of course,” he stands up, too, and hands her the bag with all of Taeyang’s necessities, “But, whenever you’re coming back home, call to inform me, k?”

She takes the bag and asks, “Why?”

“S-so I can know. What’s wrong with knowing where you are?”

She lets out a laugh, “Okay.”

“Good job,” as he lightly pushes her out the door, escorting her as casual as ever. Watching her leave and walking onto the driveway, he can’t help but feel bad that he did kicked her out of the house. But, he has no choice. Closing the door behind but still keeping an eye out through the window, he takes out his cell phone and texts to his friends.

Luhan: She left!

*

Almost halfway to the park, Hana looks around and sees that even though today’s a Saturday, there isn’t many people walking or spending their day out at all. Feeling a bit lonely because she’s gotten used to going almost everywhere with her friend, she decides to skip out on hanging at the park and go shopping instead. She hovers her upper body to the side of the stroller and speaks to her son, , “Taeyang, shall we go shopping instead? Let’s go buy Taeyang Jr. some shirts and you some diapers. I think we’re almost out of them.”

As if he understood, he claps and laughs, agreeing that her idea is better than just idly being bored at a park.

*

“Sorry,” Baekhyun says, stepping out of the bathroom into the living room with wet hair, “did I take too long?”

Kris smiles back at him from the kitchen as he holds onto two cups of tea, “No, you’re fine. We still have plenty of time.” He places one of them down, “Here, for you.”

The younger comes on over and takes it, “Thanks.”

“You know,” Kris begins, “I gave it a thought yesterday as we came back here,” he grabs a chair and sits on it and then places his mug down. “I apologize for making you do something you didn’t want to do.”

Baekhyun comes on over and with a smile, he says, “Nah, it’s all good. I mean, you do have a point. You only wanted us to know that you’re not some person with a shady background.”

“Ah, was it that obvious?”

“Maybe not to my grandparents, but having spent quite a while with you, you tend to have a verbal way of going around things.”

“Sorry, that’s what—“

“—lawyers do,” the younger finishes. “I’ve heard that before, too.”

“Who is this lawyer person that I haven’t seen by the way? He’s a friend of your grandparents?”

Baekhyun looks away and his expression changes to a darker attitude. “He’s a she.”

“Oh, I’m—“ he stops speaking when he sees Baekhyun’s hand wrapping forcefully on the mug turns red. He is confused because he doesn’t know what triggers the young lad to become like this.

“And, she was someone whom my grandparents knew.”

Coming to terms that the subject of the lawyer friend is something taboo to Baekhyu

Please log in to read the full chapter