Chapter 2

It Led To A Dangerous Love.

Eunji's​ POV

 
  
   'I can't believe Key said that!' I ran past the nurses and doctors, ignoring there cries and gentle complaints for me to calm down, and out the hospital doors. 'I hate him! I should've died when Eomma and Appa did!' I noticed I had run to a little outdoor garden. There were so many life filled plants, that thinking of my parents made me sick, worse it hurt.
      I curled up into a tight ball next to a bench on the cool, green grass. I let myself open up and all the pain and hurt inside me flood out. "Ki-bum pabo!" I choked on a sob.
      "Eunji-shii?" I heard a voice calling my name. I looked up and saw Minho looking around. Trying to keep quiet, I crawled deeper into the shadows of a large rose bush behind me. Well that was stupid. I tripped over a root and landed in the thorny bush. A high pitch squeal escaped me, louder than Jessica unni when she did dolphin squeals. I gasped and cried out in pain.
      "Eunji!" Minho came running to my hiding spot. He picked me up so gently, I guess he knew how much it hurt. I felt no pain in his grasp. "Eunji pabo." He said gently as he picked a thorn out of my hand. I stood there for a few minutes sniffling, feeling the peace from him wash over me. 'Why is he helping me?'
     As he gently examined me and picked out a thorn wherever he saw one, he started to hum 'Colorful.' After a few moments he started to sing.
 
​The moment we lock eyes
​My gray heart beats again (redly beats)
In your eyes, I used to be dark but I find the light
Did my eyes go bad?
The moment your hand touched me, everything around me is colored
​In the white and coldly frozen world, the moment my eyes went blindYou make my life colorful.
 
     "Mianhamnida. Key can be such a jerk sometimes." Minho pulled the last thorn out of my palm angrily. I flinched in pain. "Mianhamnida Eunji-shii!"
 
    "It's okay. It hurt less than Key's words." I looked down, eyes b with tears.
 
    "Eunji?" He lifted my chin, wiped a tear away, and pulled me into a tight embrace. "You don't have to hide your tears. If you wanna cry, cry."
 
   I let myself go. As I melted in his arms, he started to hum 'I'm With You.' I just melted more, his gentle hand caressing my head.
 
     "Mianheyo," I said pulling away. "It's just I never knew Key hated me like that."
 
      "Do you wanna talk about it?" I nodded silently. "Do you want to go in or stay out here?"
 
     "Out here please." We sat in silence for a few minutes, then I began my story.
 
 
 
 

Minho's POV:

 

        I was so upset at Key.I can't believe him. Why would he hurt Eunji like this? Couldn't he see how bad she was hurting? Did he even care? As I sat down with Eunji, I kept hold of her hand with my own.

        "Mianheyo oppa. Give me a minute." She sniffled. 

       "Araseo. Take your time." I gently her hand with my thumb. She looked so fragile; so delicate. I almost asked her if she was okay, when she said.

         "I was about 5 years old. Eomma and Appa both worked long shifts; Eomma at a bar and Appa at a lounge. Neither would get home until very late. And when they did, they would fight... a lot. Appa would beat Eomma sometimes. I would hide in my room, but I could still here them. Appa would go out with friends and drink. I would go to help Eomma, but she would be so hurt and mad, that she took it out on me. She beat me, they both would sometimes." Eunji paused and showed me a long scar on the back of her neck. She hid it under a black choker with a sky blue heart pendant.

         "When did that happen?" I asked gently.

         "A day before they died. The day before my birthday. The only time Appa would be decent, was on my birthday. Eomma loved me in her own way, but she rarely showed it. My birthday was the only day we acted like a... normal family. The day we forgot all anger and difficulties toward each other, and had... fun." Eunji looked away shaking. "That night, they were happy, and calm. They said they were going out for a bit, that they would be back soon. They left me alone all the time so I was cool with it. They both kissed me goodnight, something that showed me that deep down they loved me, that they still wanted me." She wiped a tear away and continued. "I woke up in the middle of the night to their voices. 

          'We can't give her to him!' I heard Eomma's sharp voice. 

        'It's the only way to ensure that she lives, and us as well.' Appa said fiercely. 'Let's at least let him examine her.'

         'Aniya! She's only 5. Even though I didn't want to have her, I still did. She's my child. My baby.'

         'Somi-ah. You said we wouldn't get attached to her.'

        'Well I went back on that promise! I love her... I won't give her to that pig! I would rather go to him than give her up.'

         'Yeah but I won't give you up!' 

            'Don't you touch her!' Eomma had gotten up.... I heard the slap and her whimper. 

         'I'm going to go get her.' Even though I was so young, I knew exactly who they were talking about, who Appa was trying to take me to. Jung Yoon. He was supposedly a friend of Appa's, but I knew what Eomma had told me too." Eunji paused again. I knew this was hard for her.

         "Eunji, you don't have to go on." Part of me was scared to hear the rest of her story.

        "Ani, I do. Jung Yoon owned a brothel. Appa owed him money, and when they had me, he knew he could use me as payment. He didn't want me anyway, I was 'unplanned'. Appa had walked in on me and noticed I was listening to him.

        'Eunji-ah, this is for your own good, and for Eomma and Appa as well. Come here.' He purred to me.

       'Aniya.' I squeaked. I was so scared.

       'Eunji.' He said still calm. Then like a lion he pounced and grabbed me.

      'Aniya!' I screamed.

      I bit him hard on the hand. He let go of me and screamed, smacking me across the neck with his hand. His ring cut into me, and I out. The next thing I knew, I was in our car getting onto the street that would take us to the highway to Pusan. Eomma had her arms wrapped around me. She had applied gauze to my neck and was my head gently.

        'Eunji, mianhamnida.' She turned me to face her. 'Sarangheyo.' She whispered with tears in her eyes. And quick as a flash she had jumped over me, shielding me with her body.

      'Somi!' Appa pushed her away as she grabbed the steering wheel, but she punched him in the nose, and grabbed the wheel again.

      'Eunji, Saranghamnida!' The wheels screeched, and horns blared out at us. Then there was a jarring inpact all over. I was in such a tight position that it hurt. I knew Eomma had crashed the car, and that it was crashed bad. She was sacrificing herself, and stopping Appa. She was giving me another chance. I saw Eomma looking at me with such love, that I knew immediately that she did love me, and she wanted me in her life. She wanted to see me grow and become something, but now she would never get that chance.

       'Eunji-ah, now you have a chance to live. To have a normal life, one filled with love, go. Find your way back home, araseo?' She was dying, she didn't know how crushed into the car I was. I felt warm blood trickling over me. In the back of my mind, I heard sirens coming steadily closer.

      'Eomma?' I whispered.

     'Eunji-ah. Saranghamnida. Today I give you a beautiful gift. I give you a new start to a new life, a good one. Happy Birthday my love.' She leaned forward, with her last bit of strength, and kissed me on the forehead, then she died. As the sirens arrived, I cried. I cried long and hard as they pried the hood off the car.

      'Eomma! Eomma!' I screamed as a fireman lifted me out of the wreck. He my head and held me tight as I cried. He let me cry until I passed out. I woke up in a hospital, this one actually, and somehow i got out. I wandered the streets for a few days. Ms. Kim found me, took me home, and raised me. Key was 9, Sooyin was 5. They were the nicest people to me, even Key. Sure he was mean, but it was more or less, to me, a teasing kinda mean. It was nicer than Appa. I got close to them all, and soon I was Kim Eunji instead of Park Eunji. It was a nice... change." She looked up and focused on me, her eyes filled with tears begging to be let out. "That's my story." She looked so broken and lost. I held my arm open and she fell into it's waiting embrace.

      "Eunji-shii, thank you for telling me." I her back gently. I wanted to protect her, fight for her, and love her one day if she would let me. "Does Key or anyone else know?"

       "Only Ms. Kim." Came a muffled sob.

      "Good, that means I can protect you now. Is that okay?" Eunji was quiet for a few minutes. I started to lose hope, when I felt a slight shuddering nod.

        "Ye, oppa." was the slight whisper.

 
 
 

Taemin's POV:

 

      My hyungs had just left me. Key looked really mad and his 'Eomma' instinct was up. Jonghyun was smirking and teasing me about karma coming back and biting me in the . Onew hyung was looking concerned, but calm.

      There was a man there too; he said he was my... manager? Manager of SHINee? But what was SHINee? Apparently I was in a group named 'SHINee', but I don't remember that. Why? Where's Minho hyung, he always helped me remember things. Key hyung said he was with a girl. Eunji, that's right. She was Key's adopted sister... he didn't like her though. She was nice when I met her. Oh Well. My 'manager' said he'd tell Minho-ah and Eunji-shii to visit me later. I guess I can ask them what's up  when they come.

 

 

Sooyin's POV:

 

      'Aishh! How long has it been? School is so slow.' I looked at my phone. 11:58. "It's only lunch time." I mumbled as I the bell rang. History was so boring. I have to take all the courses for my first semester, since I'm ahead a year, just to prove I can be in college.... STUPID.

      "Excuse me?" I look up from packing my bag, and see Professor Jung.

      "Annyeong seonsangnim." I bow.

      "Annyeong Sooyin. Where is Eunji today?"

      "Oh I was going to find you during lunch, but you found me! This is so good. Will you sit with me?"

     "Ne." Professor Jung smiled warmly at me. She was a very nice person. "I'll meet you in the garden by the Art classes. Arasso?"

      "Ye." I bowed as she left. I ran over to the garden. What was I gonna say? Many Shawol's like to hang out in that garden, me and Eunji included. Why couldn't I have just said to meet somewhere else? I just have to be really quiet as I explain to Professor Jung. Luckily Eunji was my only friend. I was shy and hadn't made any new friends yet, and it was almost Christmas Break. Eunji had many friends, and always made me feel welcome with them. Whenever I felt uncomfortable around them, she would tell them to go without her, and she would sit and stay with me. I'm so glad she's my sister.

      "Annyeong Sooyin-shii!" I looked up at Haerin. She was the nicest and warmest of Eunji's friends. She reminded me of Sunny, so that was the nickname I gave her. Hee Jun, Kim, and Shin were behind her. They bowed and said hi. "Where's Eunji-ah?"

      "Oh... um... she... she's in the hospital." I whispered.

      "WAE?!" Professor Jung cried out behind me. Omo... what have I done?

 

 

Onew's POV:

 

      I hated being in the middle of arguments.

    "Key, I know you're mad, but you should never, ever yell at a girl... let alone hurt her. What you did was wrong. You will apologize to Ms. Eunji when you see her again, and I will witness it." Manager-nim could be scary. He was like a father to us.

     "But she doesn't deserve any apology from me! She deserved my anger!" Key was really ticked off, but I don't think he was just angry. He looked... hurt? "She should never have come into my family!"

     "Ki-bum." Manager's voice was calm, but stern. "Do you even understand her? Do you know what she's been through? Do you know her story? 'Cuz I sure don't, and I think It'd be good for you to know, and get your head straight."

      I glanced at Key. He had plugged in his headphones, and tuned everyone out. He was listening to our 'Everybody' album, and was glaring out the window. He was obviously done with this conversation, and when he got like this, only his Eomma, his dog or dongsaeng could make him feel better.

      "Manager-nim?" Jonghyun asked.

      "Mmm?"

      "Can we stop and eat?"

      "Ye. That would be good. we're going to take Key back to the dorm first though. I hate being with him like this, he's so... scary." He shuddered. "That cool Onew?"

      "Ye." I said in response. Key did get pretty scary when he was pissed. I wonder what's going on in his head?

 

 

Annyeong.... sorry I haven't updated in FOREVER! I am terrible and you must hate me *Mianhamnida! But I have been busy and didn't sleep last night, so I tried to put my all into this chapter, and what a crappy chapter it is. I will make the next one really, really, really good!!! So please enjoy this one! and could someone please tell me the name of Key Oppa's dog (sorry i am terrible with finding this info ~merong) I will try to update tomorrow night, but if not then soon! Thank you! SHINee Fighting!