Chapter 15

It Led To A Dangerous Love.

Bailey’s POV:

 

        “Eunji, are you in here?” I slurred slightly, not even checking the car properly. I started the engine when I got some sort of response. “I really shouldn’t have drunk those shots the boys brought. I don’t even know how they snuck them on the beach.” Massaging my head felt like heaven as I continued to talk myself into ignoring the headache until we got home. I rolled my eyes jealously as the girls were starting to doze off.

 

Eunji’s POV:

 

        “UGH! These bathrooms are nasty.” I wiped the bottom of my shoes along the ground as I scuffled along the bumpy pavement back to the car. “Um…. where’s the car?” The boy’s van and Bailey’s Mercedes weren’t in the parking lot. “Did they leave? No. No they couldn’t have.” I tried to push the rising panic that continued to grow inside me away. Quickly scouring through my bag, I grasped my phone and dialed Bailey’s number. “You guys better pick up. We shouldn’t have drunk all those shots.”

       

        “Hey! You’ve reached Bailey. Leave me a message, and I’ll get back to ya soon! Yaksok!” Her voicemail greeted me.   

        “Hey um… Bailey? You guys better damn well be playing a prank on me.” I hung up and tried Haerin’s phone.

        “I don’t get it. Why do you want me to say my name?” I face palmed at Haerin’s message.

        “Haerin, um, I’m at the beach… not sure if you guys left me here.” I hung up and attempted to call the other’s phones; they were off.

        “Okay! Well,” I started to myself, “they’re drunk, phones are off, and I am stuck here!” Quickly walking over to the side of the building, I crouched and wrapped my arms tightly around my legs trying to keep the spring chill out. “What should I do?” The panic was growing inside me, and I was running out of ideas. “I can’t even get a taxi.” Frustrated, I blew my bangs up. “AJ!” I came to the quick conclusion.

        “Yeoboseyo?” AJ’s voice came after a few rings. He sounded like he was sleeping.

        “AJ? It’s Eunji.” I rushed.

        “Oh hey what’s up?” He yawned.

        “Uh, I kinda got stuck at the beach.”

        His line was silent for a few moments. “Did you guys drink? Bailey knows better than that! Aishh… ara, where are you?”

        “Hungton Beach I think.”

        “Huntington?” He sounded like he was laughing. “Right by the smoke towers, right?”

        “Yeah, that one.”

        “Okay, I’ll be there in a little bit; I’m actually pretty close by.”

        “Yes! Thanks so much AJ.” I sighed in relief.

        “Don’t mention it. Actually,” he scoffed, “you owe me one for this.”

         I laughed. “Ara! Now hurry please.”

         “Don’t worry.”

 

Jay’s POV:

 

        “Hi Mrs. Hwang.” I waved.

        “Why hello Jay.” A bright smile adorned Mrs. Hwang’s face. “What are you doing here? Bailey and AJ never said anything about you coming to visit.”

        “It’s actually really important auntie. Are they home?”

        “Aniyo. AJ went out with a friend, and said he wouldn’t be home until late, and Bailey is with some friends at the beach. They should actually be on their way home soon.”

        “Oh, okay.” I was panicking. ‘What should I say to them?’

        “Jay, do you want to come in and wait? I’m sure Bailey would love to say hi, and her friends are really very sweet.” Mrs. Hwang opened the door wider, and I entered quickly.

        “Kamsahamnida auntie. I’ll wait in the kitchen?”

        “Ne. Mr. Hwang and I are going out for the night. It’s been quite some time since we’ve been to LA.” She turned her head to Mr. Hwang, as he strode up next to her; I bowed.

        “Hello Jay. Sorry to say hi and bye, but we’re going to be late if we don’t leave now love.” He handed Mrs. Hwang her coat.

        “Ara. Jay,” she turned to me, “there’s food in the fridge if you’re hungry. Take care, it’s nice that you are here.”

        I am happy to be here.” Bowing as they left, I thought tiredly, ‘Now, I wait.’

 

Minho’s POV:

 

        “Yah!” I flinched awake as something whacked my head, which happened to be throbbing.

        “What was that for?” I massaged my temples, attempting to ease the pressure that started to build up.

        “We’re home,” Key’s demanding voice rattled in my head, “so haul your out of the van before I hit you again.

        “Fine Umma.” I shot at him sarcastically. It was dark outside, and I could barely make it up the steps without tripping. Bailey flipped the entryway light on, and we all piled in through the door, but stopped at the sight of him.

        “Jay? What are you doing here?” Bailey asked confusion lighting her tone.

        “Hi Noona. I kinda need to talk to yo-“Jay was cut off by a loud slap from Haerin.

        “You f***ing b*tch! I told you I’d kill you if I ever saw you again!” Haerin advanced toward Jay’s retreating figure. I was actually glad I hadn’t reacted; Jay would look like crap by now.

        “Haerin!” Bailey yanked her shoulder back and intercepted her path to Jay. “What the hell was that for?”

        Haerin, ignoring the question, continued to shout at Jay. “Why are you here!? AJ and you aren’t even friends anymore! Are you really that low to fly all the way to LA to try and take her!?”

        “Park Haerin!” Haerin’s head snapped towards Bailey, “Answer me damn it. How do you even know Jay? Why are you assaulting him?”

        “Bailey,” Sooyin’s passive voice pierced the tense atmosphere, “Jay goes to the same university as us, and a couple of weeks ago he attacked Eunji.”

        “What? No.” Bailey scoffed and rolled her eyes a bit. “Are you sure? Jay is such a baby; he would never try and pull something like that.”

        “Bailey, it’s true.” Key clenched his fists. “That prick tried to Eunji!” Everything went silent.

        “Jay?” Bailey glanced up at him after a few minutes. “Jay, look at me. Are they serious?” He refused to meet Bailey’s eyes.

        “Ani.” He said.

        “Oh bull!” I was pissed now, and wanted nothing more than to beat the crap out of him.

        “I wasn’t going to do her man!”

        “Jay sit your down now” Bailey commanded, ice in her tone. When Jay didn’t move, she pushed him slightly into his seat. “I said now; everyone else too.” We all sat as far from Jay as was possible.

        “Speaking of Eunji,” Jay looked around, “where is she?”

        “She probably ran upstairs after seeing your face.” Haerin spat at him.

        “Ani, I was watchi-“

        “Shut your mouth!” She cut him off. “Sooyin go grab her.” Sooyin sprinted upstairs; we were all quiet.

        “Guys!” Her hurried footsteps the only thing breaking the awkward atmosphere, “She’s not there!”

        “What!?” I stood up to quickly and my vision went slightly blurry.

        “Minho, sit down.” Taemin forced me back into my seat. “She has to be somewhere right, I mean she can’t vanish. She’s probably in the car sleeping; I mean she had some soju shots; I’ll go check really quick.” Taemin went out to check the cars, and after a few minutes came back in. “She’s not out there.”

 

Jay’s POV:

 

        “Someone call her.” When no one reacted to my command, I repeated myself harsher. “Now. Call her.” Haerin grabbed her phone and dialed; we waited pensively.

        “Eunji?” Haerin clutched at her phone. “Omo! Are you serious?... Gwaenchanh-a?...A-ara hold on.” She looked up at us. “We left her at the beach!”

        “Mwol? Is she still there?” Minho asked angrily.

        “Eunji are you still there?... oh, you’re with AJ?”

        The moment I heard his name, I grabbed the phone with Haerin protesting in the background. “Eunji, it’s Jay. Don’t hang up.”

        I heard her sharp intake of breath, before she answered coldly, “What do you want?”

        “You need to get out of that car. Now.” I demanded briskly. “You need to get away from AJ, as far as you can. Now! I don’t care if you have to jump out of the friggin car, do it!”

        “Eunji, who’s that?” AJ’s calm voice came through the phone clearly.

        “It’s Jay.”

        “Give me the phone.” A second later his voice greeted me. “What do you want Jay?”

        “You know damn well!” I screamed. “You f***ing touch her, I’ll hunt you down and kill you! I don’t care if I end up in prison!”

        “Oh Jay,” AJ let out a soft laugh, “don’t be so melodramatic. We’re on our way back.”

        “AJ, is everything okay?” Eunji’s puzzled voice asked.

        “Sorry, we have to go. Eunji, there’s a friend I need your help with. She has a album I know you’ll love.” AJ hung up.

        “AJ? AJ you !” I threw the phone down harshly.

        “Yah! That’s my phone thank you!” Haerin reached for it.

        “I don’t give a f*** about your stupid phone woman!”

        “Jay, sit down.” Minho grabbed my collar and forced me into my seat. “You’re going to tell me what the hell is going on, and how MY girlfriend is involved. Now!” His eyes locked with mine, and he looked so pissed; I don’t blame him.

        Exaggerated, I ran a hand over my face. “It’s a long story, and I don’t have time to explain it. Eunji-“

        “Well you better start explaining!” Key barked out furiously.

        “Stop guys, please.” Bailey ordered and turned to me. She looked confused, and like she wanted to trust me. “Jay, you need to tell us what’s going on. How is AJ involved with Eunji?”

        “Fine.” I sighed. “Do any of you know Eunji’s back-story?” I was greeted with stiff nods from Haerin, Sooyin, and Minho while everyone remained still. “Is it fine if I say a little bit of it?” Again, I was greeted with curt nods. “Okay. So, in short, Eunji’s parents owed a man, they owed him big time, because, Eunji’s mother was a e, and her father… well he was the man her mother ‘worked with.’ The house that Somi, Eunji’s mom, worked for was owned by Jung Yoon, and when he found out she was pregnant, he dismissed her and made her father marry her mother. Yoon had a soft spot for Somi for some reason.”

        “So anyway, when Eunji was born, her dad told Yoon that he would send Eunji to work for him when the time came so he could pay off his debt, and so he and Somi could stay together. Unfortunately the time came rather quickly, and Yoon wanted Eunji young so she could help around the place and ‘train’ early. On the way to Yoon, they got in a car accident, and they died, except for Eunji obviously. Yoon searched for her for years, but ended up with some disease. Just before he died, he made his son swear that he would complete the debt. I don’t know why he would want to live this way, with this as his job.”

        “Wait.” I was interrupted by Sooyin’s puzzled and hesitant voice. “So this boy is… AJ?”

        “Yeah, that’s him.” I let out a tired sigh.

        “No, not AJ, AJ. He’s such an idiot. He couldn’t.” Bailey’s head shook back and forth is disbelief. “AJ is my brother; he wouldn’t do something like this. He’ll be home soon.”

        “Mianhae Bailey.”

        “How do you know all this then Jay?” Onew asked. He was the only one who seemed calm, and in control.

        “Because I was helping him. Minho wait.” I stood before he could attack me. “I didn’t know about any of this until recently. AJ told me about this a week ago. I was only helping him, because he promised he could help me get Eunji back, and when I found everything out, I told him to forget it.” I finished, and we fell into a tension filled silence that lasted far too long for my comfort.

        “So,” Jonghyun spoke up for the first time. “What does AJ plan?”

        “He has been collecting girls over the years that owe him, or come from crappy families. So when the time comes, he will sell them, because they are all s, and apparently they sell well.”

        “He’s disgusting!” Sooyin shouted. “What the f*** is wrong with him! How could any of this seem in the least bit sane?!”

        “Sooyin sit down, we need to sort this out.” Key pulled her back down, and looked my square in the eyes. “Jay, I hate you, but I need you to get me to my sister. Do you know where he’s going?”

        “Yeah, but because I do, he’ll only be there briefly. We need to go now if we’re going to get her back.”

        “Fine.” Minho stood and headed for the door. “Let’s go.

 

Eunji’s POV:

 

        “AJ, I don’t think your friend is here.” I looked at the dark windows of the house we were parked out front of.

        “No, she’ll be here. She has to be.” He wounded frustrated as he looked at his watch.

        “AJ, I think maybe you got stood up. Or maybe she’s hiding inside and waiting for you.” I said excitedly. “Come on, let’s go knock.” Quickly unbuckling, I got out of the car before he could say no. Hearing complaints, and his footsteps following me, I ran up to the door, and rang the bell.

        After a moment, it was pulled open by a man. He stared at me as if appraising me. I felt uncomfortable as he stared at my chest for longer than necessary. “You must be Eunji, am I correct?” His beady black eyes met mine.

        “Um, how do you know my name?” I unconsciously took a step back, and bumped into something solid. Turning, I locked eyes with AJ. “Did you tell this man about me?”

        “Oh sweetie,” the man’s voice sounded greasy, “I’ve known about you since you were born.” Ok I felt really uncomfortable now. “Don’t you look just like your mother?” At the mention of my mother, I froze.

        “Who are you?” I asked timidly trying to back away. AJ caught my wrist, and shoved me in the house. “What the hell AJ? What was that for? What’s going on?”

        “Eunji, meet my father.” He motioned to the man. “Jung Yoon.” At that name, I froze completely. ‘No. Jung Yoon is dead. That man is dead. I’m just dreaming.’ “No! You’re dead!” I shouted in disbelief.

        “Wow AJ, I’m kinda proud of you.” he scoffed. “She sounds feisty, like her mother.”

        “Yeah she is.”

        “Grab me that cord and cloth will ya?”

        I watched in shock as they moved around gathering random items. Jay told me to run, I should’ve listened. I should’ve listened.

        “Well Eunji,” Yoon approached unraveling the cord, “time to finish a debt.” I was too stunned to move as my eyes zeroed in on the cord; too stunned to do anything. ‘I should’ve listened.’

 

 

Minho’s POV:

 

        “So, where are we going again?” Sooyin asked. It was the only question any of us had asked in the past few hours.

        “Vegas.” Jay replied curtly.

        “Why are we driving instead of flying?”

        “Because AJ is driving, and if we get there too early, the people there will be suspicious.”

        “So,” Haerin spoke up after a good hour of silence, “the girls and I are going to be ‘fancy ladies’ for a few hours?”

        “It depends on how long they take to get to the warehouse, so maybe a bit longer. Minho and I will stay on watch for AJ and Eunji. Got it?” We all nodded.

        ‘I’m coming Eunji. I’ll get you out of this; I swear.’

 

Author’s POV:

 

        “You ready Sooyin?” Haerin called out to her. “Jay’s got the car ready.”

        “Yeah, I guess so.” Sooyin’s nervousness was showing, and she was shaking. “The boys know to get us, right? Not any one else? Right, Haerin? We’re going to be okay?”

        “Yeah pabo, everything will be fine. They will pick us up.”

        “One-hundred percent sure?” Iridescent tears rippled in her eyes.

        “Of course.” Haerin knelt next to Sooyin and hugged her. “I swear, and if something goes wrong, when we get home you can have my signed B1A4 poster, ara?” Haerin promised while wiping her tears, earning a warm smile from Sooyin.

        “Arasso.” The girls got up and headed toward the car.

        “We’ll come and get you guys, ara?” Taemin planted a soft yet firm kiss on Sooyin’s forehead.

        “Yeah,” Onew clung to Haerin, “so you take care of them Jay. Minho watch him.”

        “Ne, and Bailey,” Key kissed her, “don’t ever dress like this again, okay? No other guy can look at you like this except for me. Now go, ppali. I don’t want this to last longer than it has to.”

        “Ara. Here girls.” tossing robes to the girls, Jay hopped into the van with Minho. “Cover yourselves and get in.”

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

        A few hours passed, and everything was going smoothly. No one had asked any questions about the three new girls, and no one had requested their services for the evening.

        “So what’re your names?” A blond girl stumbled up to them.

        “What’s it to you?” Haerin stood in front of a cowering Sooyin defensively.

        “Just asking, gosh.” the blond teetered away.

        “Haerin, remember I am the English speaker. You guys are foreigners.” Bailey hushed them.

        “You know,” Sooyin’s voice came out in a harsh whisper, “it would be really pretty here if it wasn’t for what we’re going through right now. All the lights are so pretty, and it’s all so new.”

        “Agreed, but-“ Bailey was interrupted by the opening of a door.

        “Hey! Newbies, looks like it’s your lucky night.” A heavy set man called out to them. “Go make us some cash. “Haerin jumped as the guy d her. “Go.” The girls scampered out the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A-YO GUESS WHO'S BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! I'm so sorry I took forever to update and add a chapter.. I really am :( but I did my best to give you this one. I actually really didn't wanna write it, but I decided eh! what the heck. Do it for my subbies :) So thank you everyone who stayed with me thus far, and will stay with me til the end :D  I can't say how thankful I am :D hope you enjoyed this BTW ^-^

Til next time ^^

~Annamarie <3