Chapter 9

It Led To A Dangerous Love.

Eunji's POV:

 

     "UGH! Where are they?" Sooyin threw a ball at the door, and it rolled to Haerin.

     "Sooyin-ah be quiet. They'll be here." Haerin threw the ball at her face.

     "Unni! That hurt!" Sooyin had never had good reflexes. I smiled at the two as they wrestled in the living room.

    It has been rather boring without the boys. We haven't seen them since our Christmas party with the Jung's, Bailey's family, and Haerin and Shin's family on Christmas Eve. They each went to their homes for Christmas break.

    I missed Minho. I caught myself smiling; I still can't balieve he's mine. The last time we actually talked, was over Skype with everyone on New Year's. Tomorrow's my birthday, and they're coming over today to hang out. Wow! I'm gonna be 22.

    I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out. Minho's caller I.D. popped up, and I quickly swiped the screen.

     "Yeoboseyo?" I said trying to stay calm.

     "Annyeon Byul." Gosh I love him. "How are you?"

     "I'm doing okay. I just miss someone." I said sighing.

     "Oh, who?"

     "No one really. He's a friend from class. He was going to take me out today, but you guys are coming over, so I told him no."

     "Oh... Mianhae." I could tell he was trying to hold his voice steady.

     "Oh pabo! I'm just messing with you." I laughed and heard him breathe out. "Where are you guys? I miss you."

    "We're gonna leave in a few minutes. Onew and Taemin went to get gifts for the girls." He laughed. "They've been out for over an hour."

     I couldn't help but feel jealous. I let it slide, after all I was going to see Minho. Wasn't that a gift in itself.

     "Babe? You still there?"

     "Yeah, mianhae. Just thinking. I'll see you in a bit right?"

     "Yeah. If need be, me and Jonghyun will head over. Key went to offer 'Umma" assistance."

     "Ah. That's my oppa!" I laughed. "Arasso. I'm gonna go babe. Saranghae."

     "Heh, you too byul. Annyeong." With that we hung up.

    "Guys!" Looking over at them I facepalmed. "Are you still seriously fighting?!" I shook my head at them; they looked like crap.

     "Unni! It was Haerin! She started it!" Sooyin slapped Haerin.

    "Nuh-uh you ho!" Haerin kicked her in the stomach. "You know you did." With that they were at it again. Sure they were both total sweethearts, but when need be they could turn into... well... this. I was the same, and now was that time.

    I jumped in the pile and grabbed thier hair. I yanked hard and threw them on the couch, finally wipping my hand across both their faces.

     "Aiyaa! It's her fault! She threw the ball!" Sooyin rubbed her red cheek.

     "You two can go get cleaned up if you want, they'll be over soon. I looked at the clock. 7:30. "Bye my idiots." I turned and proceeded to walk upstairs. "Oh, put some make-up on. There are marks on your faces.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

     "I feel so clean!" I shouted throwing my hair up into a bun. It was a quarter past 8, and I used up all the hot water as punishment for the two. HA! I could hear them complaining over this. I threw my clothes in the laundry shoot, and taking a final glance in the mirror, I walked out... sorta.

     "Gotcha!" I felt the air rush out of me as I was scooped over a broad, muscular shoulder and carried back into my room. I was thrown on my bed, and caught my breath. I looked Minho up and down, trying to be angry.

      "Oppa!" I whined. "I just did my hair."

      "You still look pretty." He came and sat next to me.

      "Ani. I won't forgive you." I pouted.

     "Jebal?" His hand wrapped around my waist pulling me closer. I ignored him. "I missed you." He nuzzled my neck.

      "Nope!"

      "You know you want to."

      "Fine." I sighed smiling. "I missed you too." I hugged him.

      "I knew it! I could tell." Minho shouted triumphantly.

    "Well duh. I told you that earlier. Pabo." I kissed his cheek. We heard Sooyin's high pitched squeal, and Taemin's soft laugh.

      "Oppa! Saranghae! Saranghae! Saranghae!" I looked out my door and saw Sooyin clinging to Taemin's neck as he spun her around.

      "Yah! Put some clothes on!" Haerin shouted out the door.

    "I do have clothes on!" Sooyin stuck her toungue out. Well, technically she did. She was in boxers and a sweatshirt... she always looked cute. Haerin emerged with light liner, shorts and a pajama top.

      "Annyeong oppa." She smiled up at Onew.

      He walked over and caught her in a tight embrace. "Annyeong my lady."

   Key and Jongie had come up too, and saw us all hugging. Jonghyun turned to Key mischeviously. "I love you Key umma!"

     "Oh you pabo." Key flicked Jonghyun's arm, "I love you too!" They embraced and jumped around. 

       "Yah! Hyung's, stop teasing." Taemin pouted.

      "We aren't." Key stated simply. "I love you all the same, I'm just hugging my baby dino right now. ~merong."

        Minho walked over and pushed them away from each other. "Come on guys. Let's go get the bags."

       "Bags?" I asked.

       "Yeah, we're staying the night." Key said.

      "Oh, jinjja? I'm gonna invite Bailey over then." I smiled smugly as Key tried to hide his excitement. It was obvious he liked her.

        "Oh, arasso. That's fine. Tell her to bring some dessert."

       "Oh! And banana milk." Taemin jumped in, "We forgot that."

       "Araseo." I got my phone out and called Bailey.

 

Taemin's POV:

 

       "Sooyin-ah?" I shouted.

       "Mwol?" She replied. 

      "Can you help me really quick?" She came out with frosting in her hair. "Are you making the cake?" I laughed.

       "Ani. I'm making frosting. Key is making the cake."

       "Heh, such an Umma." I smirked.

       "Ne. What do you need help with?"

       "Just bringing the gifts in."

       "Ara." I opened the trunk and started to hand her gifts. "Omo! You guys got her a lot!"

    "Ne, Key wanted to apologise for all the yaers he ignored her, and Minho loves that girl to freaking much." I grabbed some more boxes. "Me and Onew got you two gifts as well. I think Key got Bailey something too."

       "Komawo." She laughed. Aigoo, she was so cute. I don't know when I started to like her. I think it was when Key introduced us to his family before we debuted.

       "Oppa?" She drew me out of my trance. "Can you grab the door?"

       "Oh, ne." I balanced the gifts in one hand and grabbed the door.

       "Eunji! Look at all your gifts!" Sooyin bounced into the room.

       "Mwol? Oppa's, why'd you get me so much?" She asked puzzled, yet happy.

       "Well, it's your birthday, and Key and I spoiled you." Minho ran his hand through his hair.

       "Ne." Key said a whisk in his hand. "We got you a box for each year you've lived, so 19 total. Then Taemin and Onew got some for the girls."

        Eunji had tears in her eyes. "Kamsahamnida. It's just-" she ran and hugged Key. "Mianhae for all the times I pushed you."

      "Gwaenchanh-a. Mianhae for all the years I failed at being your brother. I will try my hardest from now on to make up for those years." He pulled her into a tight embrace, and looked up at Minho. "You got that pabo. Hurt her and hyung'll come after you."

       "Ara. Ara." Minho laughed, "I wouldn't hurt her anyway." Eunji released Key, and went around hugging us all and thanking us for the gifts.

        "You can't open them until tomorrow though." I said firmly.

        "Ne." she pouted. "Oh yeah, Bailey can't make it tonight. She'll be here tomorrow though."

        "Arasso." Sooyin shouted hopping onto my back. "Let the fun commence!"

 

Author's POV:

 

       The group spent the evening playing games and watching movies. At about 3 they were all exhausted.

        "Do you guys wanna sleep down here?" Eunji yawned. "Personally, I want my bed."

      "The rooms should be fine." Key said. "My room is big enough, and you guys have the spare bed in your room."

       "Arasso. That's fine." They headed off to their rooms, and changed into pajamas. Within an hour, they were all out.

 

Sooyin's POV:

 

     Rolling over and stretching, I looked at the clock. It was 6 in the morning. What the heck woke me up! I was having the coolest dream ever! SoShi was adding a new member to the group, and they had picked me. Adding me would kinda kill the whole 'Power of 9' thing, but it would still be cool.

     "Sooyin-ah?" A voice came out in a choked whisper. I stiffened. Oh crap, who is this? "Sooyin?" The voice came again, more urgent and familiar.

        "Taemin?" I asked nervously.

        "N-ne." I heard him sniffle and let out a shuddering breath.

      "Omo. Taemin-ah, are you crying? Are you hurt?" I reached out my hand to him as I sat up. "What's wrong baby?" I asked as he caught my hand.

       He was silent.

       "Oppa, gwaenchanh-a. You can tell me."

       "I-I had a-a really bad dream." He sniffled.

     "Jinjja?" I held my arms open. "Come here." He fell into my arms and cried. I patted his back and let him cling to me. "Shhh. Shh shh shh shhhh. Gwaenchanh-a. It was just a bad dream. I'm here, nothing was real." I whispered the words that Umma had always said to me.

      After a few minutes, he relaxed, and sat up. "Sooyin, I-I know this sounds childish, but... c-can I sleep with you?" I saw his eyes in the light of the clock. They were puffy and glistening with unshed tears. I couldn't resist that face.

     "Sure. Come here." I lifted the covers, and he crawled in next to me. We laid down, and he cuddled next to me. "Do you want to talk about it?"

       "Ani. It's okay. I don't wanna wake the girls."

      "They're fine. They sleep like logs." I ran my fingers through his hair. I wanted to offer him the same comfort Umma offered me. "Come on. It's better to get it off your chest, than just hold onto it."

       "It was you and me. We were on a date." He sniffled. "We were just chilling, and having a good time laughing on a park bench. I decided to get you an ice cream, and when I turned around, I saw you being d-dragged to an ally by a tall man. You were kicking, and n-no one noticed you. I tried to run after you, b-but my legs w-wouldn't move."

        "The street was s-suddenly empty, and the man threw you under a street light. He pulled out a gun and shot you. A-as  the first s-shot rang, I could m-move. Each step I t-took, he shot you. I-I finally reached you, but he was gone." Taemin was shaking. "I-I craddled your body in my arms, begging God to give you back to me, but y-you d-didn't-." Taemin broke down in my arms.

        "Gwaenchanh-a yeobo." I rubbed his back as he buried his head in my chest, and his hands clutched my shirt. His tears were warm, and poured from his eyes. I started to hum random soft songs, and eventually, his breathing evened out.

         "I laid my head on his, and breathed in his scent. It was warm and comforting. "Sarangheyo oppa. That was only a dream." I said to his still body. "I know you will always protect me. I will never doubt that." I kissed his head and fell asleep.

 

Jay's POV:

 

       "Dahk chuh!" I slammed my hand on my phone. "Why is the reminder going off?" I looked at the screen. It was 7AM, and the reminder was for Eunji's birthday.  

"It's my birthday pabo! ^-^ Wake up and call me"

       I sighed. "Damn. Even after all these years, I still can't let her go." I rolled over and looked at the ceiling. "Maybe I'll get her something... I'll think about it." I rolled back over and fell asleep.

 

Eunji's POV:

 

       "Oh ma gah! I'm so tired." I yawned and rolled over. The clock said 7:00. Haerin and Sooyin were still asleep. Heh! I lept out of bed and landed quietly. Grabbing a marker, I tiptoed over to Haerin and doodled all over her perfect face.

     "Ke ke ke... She's going to kill me." I snickered as I moved to... Taemin?! What the heck! Gazing at Taemin and Sooyin's sleeping forms, thoughts ran wildly through my head.

      'What's going on?'

      'Why is he here?'

      'Did they... do it?'

      'Ani, they have clothes on, they couldn't have. Stop it!' I stared at them. Sooyin was resting her head on Taemin's, and her arms were wrapped around him. Taemin's head was buried in her chest, his arms wrapped around her waist tightly, his hands in fists.

       I backed away and crawled into bed, weirded out by my sister. I laid down, and let my mind become a train wreck, finally falling into a restless sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

      I woke up and looked around. There was no one in the room. I wonder if Haerin looked in the mirror yet. As if in response, I heard a high pitch scream.

       "EUNJI!" Haerin slammed open the door and looked at me in anger.

     "A wild Haerin-ah appears." I cowered as she ran and jumped on me, knocking the wind out of me, "and uses tackle. It's super effective." I coughed, and felt the sheets whip off of me. I caught myself gazing at the beautiful facial hair covering my friend's face.

       "Damn it Eunji!" She pinned me down and grabbed the marker off my night stand.

       "Ani! Aniya!" I squirmed, which didn't help a the marker went everywhere. "Jebal! Jebal, geu man!" She relented, a smug smile on her newly transformed face.

       "You deserved it pabo." She tussled my hair "Happy birthday ya' ." Just then Sooyin's head popped in.

       "Are you two okay?"

       "Ne." Help her clean up while I go wash this off." Haerin walked out the room.

       "You're gonna need a shave or two!" I called after her.

       "Dahk chuh! Don't make me come back in!"

      Sooyin laughed, and caught me looking at her. She went quiet. "Unni, are you okay?"

    "Yeah, how about you? Must've been hard to keep quiet." I stated simply.

         "Mwol?" She looked at me puzzled.

     I decided to come straight out with it. "I saw you and Taemin this morning." Her puzzled face broke into a grin, and into a laughing spree. "It's not funny man. I thought you'd be smarter about these things."

       "Unni, nothing happened. I swear!" I looked at her skeptically. "Pinky Pie Promise. Cross my heart, hope to fly. Stick a cupcake in my eye."

         "Then why was he sleeping with you?"

         "You won't believe me."

         "Try me."

     "Arasso. But you can't tell anyone." I nodded. "Oppa... had a nightmare." She looked down.

         "A what?"

         "A nightmare." She said fidgeting.

         "Taemin, had a nightmare?"

         "Ne."

        "I ain't buying it. If you're gonna try and lie, make up something good.

        "Unni! I mean it, jinjja." We heard the boys laugh as Haerin ranted.

        "Then what did he dream?"

        "I died, and he couldn't save me." She mumbled.

        "Oh, jinjja? Is he okay?"

        "Yeah, he cried for a while, and fell asleep in my arms." She looked up. "You believe me right?"

        "Ne, I was just giving you a hard time."

        "Unni!" We wrestled on the bed a bit, and she got up. "Go wash your face pabo. You look like crap."

        "Ara."

 

Minho's POV:

 

      Haerin had come down with drawings on her face. We had all started to laugh, and she looked in a mirror. She screamed and ran back upstairs.

      "EUNJI!"

      "Oh. She's in deep crap." Sooyin mumbled.

      After a few minutes of yelling, they were quiet.

      "Sooyin-ah, can you go check on them?"

      "Ne." She ran up, and I guess stopped everything.

      A few minutes later, Haerin came down all clean muttering about how Eunji was a fat twit and a brat.

      "There's my pretty." Onew laughed hugging her. "Keep the facial hair gone please?"

       "I'll tell Eunji." She kissed his cheek.

     "Yah! Are you all down here yet?" Key's head popped around the corner, a spatula in hand.

      "Aniya." Taemin replied from the living room. "We're waiting on Sooyin and Eunji."

     "Well they better hurry, or they won't get anything." Key huffed as he turned back in the kitchen. 

      "Such a diva." Taemin turned back to the TV.

      "Mianhae!" The girls ran down together. "Haerin got Eunji's face good."

      "Happy birthday!" We all shouted to her.

      "Gomawo!" She ran and hugged me tight.

      "Sarangheyo jagiya." I kissed her forehead.

      "Finally!" Jonghyun moaned. "We can eat!"

      "Mian Oppa." Eunji smiled. 

 

Haerin's POV:

 

      After breakfast, we went upstairs to get ready for the day.

      "Yo! Here." I handed Eunji a large box as I smiled.

      "Whoa! Unni, it's huge!" She took it excitedly.

      "No sherlock!" I laughed. 

     "Dahk chuh!" She pouted as she ripped open the packaging, and pulled out her present. "Omo! They're so pretty!" She held up a black dress and twirled with it, then pulled out black boots, and finally a warm coat. "Kamsahamnida!" She jumped up and hugged us. "So we're going somewhere... nice?"

 

      "Mmm... Maybe." I said mysteriously."

      "Unni!" She turned. "Sooyin-ah?"

      "Ani pabo! That would ruin the surprise."

    "Fine." She pouted, and proceeded to complain about not being entirely prepared for wherever we were going. 'You're gonna love it.' I smiled.

 

 

 

A-yo my lovelies! Haha so yush I has updated, because my friend made me do it haha . HERE U GO KEELI... plz don't kill me OTL! haha anyway hope you liked it! I will be updating soon, I promise. I'm already part way through the next chapter!!! Just this week was so busy... (Finally watching To The Beautiful You T^T haha) anyhoosies! Please subscribe, upvote, and comment. All my silent readers.... I. Love. You haha !! Kk Annyeong!!

 

~Annamarie