Chapter 7: Can we be friends? Part 2

At 7 I fell in love..

      “G-go-good e-evening H-hyo-hyoyeon.” And flashed a smile and braced myself for her laser-slicing-that-can-tear-and-burn-you-alive glare. But instead she gave me a faint smile with eyes like ‘what are doing here? Want me to put my fist down your throat?’ I gulped. ‘Hmmm, improving, I thought she’s going to shoot me! Nevertheless, I gave her my bright and sincere smile.

 

      ~~Hyoyeon’s POV~~

 

      Whoa! What was that? I think I kinda remember that heart melting smile from somewhere. (Hyoyeon didn’t remember because she thought Onyx can’t be Eunhyuk she erased the possibility of Onyx being Eunhyuk because of the pranks he committed to her.) ‘So what if he smiled at me. I still hate him. Hmp!’

 

      ~~Onyx’s POV~~

 

      Junsu pointed where I’m going to sit and I’m a bit relieved when I seated next to Mrs. Kim in front of me was Junsu but on the right of Junsu is Hyoyeon. ‘Am I really relieved? Uh, no because of that I kept noticing Hyoyeon’s beauty and her piercing stare.

 

      ~~Hyoyeon’s POV~~

 

      That monkey looks fresh! Fresh from the jungle..hehe..but really I’m impressed.  I was observing him as we eat, well he seemed nice. ‘if he hadn’t done the things he shouldn’t.’

      “Where is your family Onyx?” dad asked.

      “In Japan Sir”

      “Are you originally from Japan?” my mom.

      “No ma’am, I was born and raised here but I got sick & brought me to Japan for an operation.”

      “Aww sad to hear that. Are you okay now?”

      “Yes, thankfully I survived.”

      ‘But I’m not going to sympathize with you. Bleh! On my mind.

      “How did you got discovered?” Junsu asked.

      “I always wanted to be a singer since I was 10 and I’ve auditioned a bunch of times and got rejected but I didn’t stop believing in myself that I can be someone someday.”

      “That was so inspiring” I heard my mom said it.

      “Yeah! You’re totally cool! That’s why you’re my idol.” It’s Junsu.

      ‘Oh please! Guys you’re being hypnotized by him!’ my thought, I scoffed and got choked.

      ‘I can’t breathe!’ hysterically shouting on my mind.,>

 

      Onyx hurriedly stood up & ran to my back and patted my back hard. In a matter of second I felt that I am breathing again.

      ’My hero..’ I thought but I just said a simple “Thanks” I met his eyes then I lowered instantly because of shyness. He gave me a sincere smile.,>

      “Are you okay now sweetie?” mom.

      ”Yes, mom.”

      "Thank you Onyx, Hyoyeon, eat slowly” dad chuckled.

      I smiled timidly. We continued eating while they carry on chattering. I was observantly listening.

 

      After Dinner

 

      Onyx phone rang, he go out the house and answered his phone call. It’s from his Manager Leeteuk.

      “Hello hyung”

      “How are you? Enjoying your vacation?”

      “Of course hyung more than relaxation”

      “Well, too bad we’ll have to cut off your vacation & get here immediately.”

      “Why? What’s happening?”

      “Your fans are going crazy, they missed you & don’t forget your controversy with Gyuri. She’s tellin’ everybody you’re gone abroad just to mend your broken heart, because of your break up.”

      “What the--! Okay I’m gonna fly there tomorrow. To clear up things! Aish! I can’t believe that delusional primadona said that! Thanks hyung.”

      “Okay, no problem. That’s what manager’s are for.” Chuckled. “Bye!”

      Dismissed the call. I heard someone talked, I turned around.

 

      ~~Onyx’s POV~~

 

      “Coffee?” Hyoyeon offered with a sweet smile.

      ‘Am I dreaming? Feels like I’m floating on air.’ My thought.

      “Onyx?” Are you okay?”

      I snapped out. ’Thank God I did not drooled’

      “Uh, ye-yes, I’m fine. Thanks!” feels like I’m a teenager again.

      “Let’s take a seat” she pointed out the bench on their garden.

      “About what—“ Hyoyeon said.

      “About what—“ I said.

      We laughed, were about to say something at the same time.

      “Okay you go first” I said.

      “About what happened, thanks & sorry for being angry at you all the time.”

      “No its okay, totally understandable & I think I should be the one doing the apologizing thing. I am sorry for all the stupid pranks I’ve done.”

      “Yeah, totally stupid”

      “I promise I won’t do that anymore. I’m going to be a gentleman.”

      “Please do” she chuckled.

      “So can we be friends and start all over?” I suggested.

      “For sure” she agreed. We shook hands. Then she looked up the night sky.

      “Waaahh! So gorgeous!”

      I’m still looking at her when I said, “Yes you are”

      “Pardon?” she turned to me.

      “Ah! Yes,you’re right stars are beautiful at night.” I sounded robotic.

      She laughed. “You seemed nice and funny”

      “Really? Well..hehe..” scratching my head.

      “So what are your plans? I’m assuming you’re not going to stay here forever.” She asked.

      “Since you asked and were now friends I can tell you that my manager called to say I should go back in Japanto fix some stuffs.”

      “That must be tough being a star and all, someone I know wants to be like you back when I was 7. It was my special friend, who just disappeared without a letter.”

      ‘What are you saying?! I wrote you a letter along with that snow globe’ I wanted to tell her that but I kept quiet.

      “You see, I promised him to wait. So here I am waiting patiently.” Tears came rushing down her cheeks.

      I wanted to hug her and tell her that I’m in front of you.

      “But I don’t think I can wait any longer, 14 years is too long.” Wiping her tears.

      “You know what I think? You should wait a bit more”

      She stared at me.

      “A promise is a promise & I know he will surely come.”

      She breathes out. “But—“

      “There’s nothing wrong in waiting Hyoyeon, just believe in him. Maybe he’s been suffering too. And just waiting for the right moment. Just you wait.” I was being so serious, I know. Well, it’s because I’m explaining to her my side that I can’t reveal yet.

      “Okay I could do that, well I’ve been doing that and I think I’m already an expert.” She started to smile.

      “See! Think positively and always wear a smile, you looked even more beautiful.” I just can’t help my feelings do I?

       Hyoyeon blushed.

 

       Awkward Silence…………

 

            I stood up, “Uh, this was an awesome night but I got to go prepare things for tomorrow.”

            “Oh! Right, right!”

            I’m outside their gate when I remembered to ask,

            “Can I get your number?”

            She gave me a confused look.”Why?”

            “You know, so we could get in touch & make sure you will not get depressed when I’m away.”

            “What a lame answer! But here it is 09xxxxxxxxx.”

            “Hehe, thanks! Good night and sweet dreams. Tell your mom, dad and Junsu I had a wonderful evening.” I walked away.

 

            ~~Hyoyeon’s POV~~

 

            I can’t believe I enjoyed talking to him. I’m so at ease and he’s kinda cute, tee-hee~. I looked up at the dark sky and said,

            “Don’t worry Eunhyuk, I will still wait for you. It’s just a slight crush. So better hurry.” While smiling.

 

 

Photobucket

 

I need your support guys..thanks..muwah! heart