Chapter 17: So close..and yet so far..to Happy Ending.. Part 2

At 7 I fell in love..

Junho’s POV

 

“Ahhh…so tired..” I’ve just arrive my house.

I walked inside and opened the fridge, took out a bottled mineral water and drank it.

When suddenly someone banging the door.

“Aish, so early! Who is it?!” I shouted.

The person outside didn’t answer; instead she/he continued to pound the door. I ran to the door and deal with that person.

“Would you stop------! Hyoyeon?” my forehead wrinkled.

“Junho…” she said and went straight to hug me.

“Are you all right? What happened? Tell me.” I worriedly gripped her upper arms to make her face me.

“Whooooo….please..get me..out..of here…I beg you...” she said in between those hiccups.

Right when she said those words, I picked up my bag again and locked the house. I decided to go to my Aunt’s resort 2 cities away from here.

 

We rode a bus and sat very far from the entrance.

 

“Hyoyeon, could you tell me what happened?” I tenderly asked her.

 

She sighed. “Eun-eunhyuk..” she started to cry again. “I saw…him…with a girl..on..his bed..” she couldn’t talk straight, maybe traumatized on what she saw.

 

I thought about it for a second. ‘I doubt it, I know Eunhyuk loves her so much but since Hyoyeon saw what happened..’

“Are you sure of this? Why didn’t you talk first with Eunhyuk? Maybe he has explanation for this” I tried to change her mind but.

“No! I saw it all right, we are over!” covering her ears.

I Sighed, “So what are you planning to do next?”

“I don’t know..my mind is not functioning well right now..”

“Here drink this, to calm your nerves.” I handed her a bottle of mineral water from my backpack.

“Thank you. By the way, where are we going?”

“I thought you need some air to breathe and some time to think clearly. So I decided to go to my Aunt who has private resort 2 cities from here. You could stay there for a while.”

Hyoyeon nodded. “Thanks Junho I needed that. I don’t know what to do without you.”

I smiled. “Well I’m glad you think of me that way. You should rest first; I’ll wake you up when we get there. Place your head on my shoulder.”

 

Hyoyeon placed her head on my shoulder and tried to fall asleep.

When I noticed that she is sleeping soundly, I her hair and brush off some hair that is on her face.

‘I do still have feelings for Hyoyeon, I can’t just push her away even though my mind is telling me to let her go. My heart says stay a bit more..Kim Hyoyeon how long will I still love you..?’

I sighed. ‘Right now she needs me. I know she can’t love me back, and I’m not trying to replace Eunhyuk; it’s just that I want to help her, I can’t leave her looking so fragile. As long as I can stay beside her, I’m fine.’ Then I looked outside the window, witnessing the sun rising.

 

After 2 hours..

 

Junho gently tapped Hyoyeon’s cheek. “Wake up. Were here.”

She opened her puffy eyes. “Ow, my eyes hurts.” Then she stood up and followed Junho as they were unloading the bus.

“Are you feeling okay? Can you walk as far as a kilometer?” Junho asked Hyoyeon.

“My head hurts a little, but I think I can walk.”

“Tell me if you’re tired I’ll carry you.”

Hyoyeon smiled. “Don’t be silly, I can still walk don’t worry. I will tell you if I’m tired okay?”

“Uh, okay.” And they started walking on the rough road.

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

I tried to walk even though I don’t want to..

I don’t want to think of anything..

I don’t want to feel anything..

I just want to breathe easy..

Cause right now it feels someone’s gripping my body so tight..

All of a sudden, I’m crying again..

I stopped and wiped my tears but it’s no use, it seems like my emotions can’t stop to feel so broken..

 

Junho’s POV

 

Hyoyeon is walking behind me. When I heard someone whimper someone who’s trying to hide the truth of her crying..

I turned around to check if Hyoyeon is okay.

I guess not.

There, she’s standing wiping her tears, acting brave.

I walked back at her. “Hey, I told you if you can’t, let me.” I turned around and lowered my back. “Hop in.”

She looked at me with those reddish eyes.

“Don’t just stare, hop in. And then you can continue crying.”

Hyoyeon obeyed, and slowly enfolded her arms around my neck. (Piggy back ride)

“Do you want me to sing you a song?”

I felt her nodding like a kid.

            Hyoyeon..

              My beautiful Hyoyeon..

                Whose smile is like a ray of sunlight that gives me warm..

                  Cute Hyoyeon..

                    Whose always blushing, cheeks so plump like an apple..

                      Stunning Hyoyeon..

                        Whose eyes twinkle like a star guiding at night..

                          That’s what you are..so perfect..

 

“Did you like it?”

“Yes.” In almost a whisper.

“I’m glad you did, I thought of it just now.” I chuckled.

She released a soft chuckle.

 

I continue to walk and enjoying the view.

On my left and right were rice fields and some fruit trees.

I passed by some houses and stores.

A little bit later I reached the gate of the resort. I rang the door bell.

In an instant someone got out from the house.

“Yes? Junho is that you?”

“Yes, Hi auntie! Can we go inside?”

“Of course, of course.” As she opened the gate.


 

Back at Eunhyuk’s House..

 Eunhyuk’s POV

 

“Hyoyeon!” I abruptly got up. “Ouch, my head..” then he noticed Gyuri beside me wearing my long sleeved polo and God knows what’s underneath. Then I noticed I’m not wearing my shirt…and…my..PANTS!!??

I looked around and found them on the carpeted floor and hurriedly wore  it both. Then I faced Gyuri.

“You witch! What did you do?!” I pulled Gyuri’s arm harshly that made her wake up.

“Huh? What your problem?!”

“This!? How did you get here? Why are you here?!” I’m so heating up.

“Oh that.” She simply said. “You got drunk and we made love.” She giggled.

“That’s not true!”

Gyuri scoffed. “How will you know?  You got drunk and don’t have a clue on what happened.”

“You’re a liar! Get out! I don’t want to hear a single lie from you!”

“Oh yeah? But were already engaged.” Still not affected with Eunhyuk’s wrath and flashed the ring in front of him.

Eunhyuk immediately took it off from Gyuri. “This is not for you! It’s for Hyoyeon! How could you?!”

“Oh Hyoyeon’s been here, I saw her, they saw US! I told her that we’re engaged. Ha-ha-ha!” Psychotic laugh.

“WHAT DID YOU---?! I’LL KILL YOU, YOU RUTHLESS !!!” my mind went blank and strangled her with my hands.

Gyuri tried to take off my hands, flapping her hands, gripping my hair. She slowly turning blue, when I realized what I’m doing. Immediately let go of her neck.

Gyuri is terrified and her body was totally shaking..

“Killing you is not enough for hurting Hyoyeon’s heart! Now get out! Get out of our lives! And make sure I will not see you again, or else I might kill you for real!”

I decided to let her off, cause right now finding Hyoyeon and explaining to her what happened is far more important.

Gyuri immediately grabbed her clothes then  I heard the door opened and closed.

I deeply sighed.

‘What I am going to do now? Where could she be? Right, I’ll try to check her up at their home.’

 

“Hyoyeon! Hyoyeon! Are you there? Please open this gate!” knock hard on their gate.

“Who are---Eunhyu? Why so early?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Is Hyoyeon here? Did she arrived?”

“No, she hasn’t. Why? Did she got back already?”

“Uh….no not yet. I’m just checking her.” I lied.

“Owww, you miss her too much already huh? Don’t worry she’ll come by to your house first.”

“I guess..thanks Mrs. Kim.” I let out a short chuckle.

 

‘I’ll try to call her.’ And dialed her number.

“The number you dialed is out of the coverage area please try your call later..”

‘Did she turn off her phone so I can’t get pass thru?’

‘Maybe she hasn’t come back yet as said by Mrs. Kim. I’ll wait for her.’

 

I went inside my house to wait and think.


 

Resort..

 

“Good morning! I’m Hyoyeon, Junho’s…”

“Girlfriend?” Junho’s aunt grinning.

Hyoyeon blushed.

“Auntie, no she’s my friend and co-teacher at school.”

“Omo, no need to hide it!” Junho’s uncle.

“I’m telling you guys, were not..”

“Arasso, Arasso..”

“Why did you went here so sudden?”

“Well..” Junho looked at Hyoyeon before he tells them why. “She’s not feeling well, and needs a vacation. I told her that she could have a vacation here.”

“Oh! You picked the right spot! Let me show you your room.”

 

At the room..

 

“Here we are. It’s small but it’s cozy.”

“This is just right. Thank you madam.” Hyoyeon Bowed at her.

“That’s nothing! Junho’s friend is our friend. Call me Auntie Shin. “

“Thanks Auntie Shin.”

“I’ll let you rest now, I know you’re worn-out.” Aunt Shin got out of the room.

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

I sighed once, I sighed twice. And lay on the bed.

I closed my eyes, and wishing that I was only dreaming..

 

Saturday, 4:00 PM at the resort..

 

I woke up with a knock on my door. I lazily got up and opened the door.

“Let’s eat.” It’s Junho.

“Uh, okay. Let me change first, I’ll be out in a sec.”

 

At the terrace..

 

“I prepared an afternoon snack for us. Uncle and Auntie went out.” Junho said, as Hyoyeon approached her.

Hyoyeon just nodded.

“By the way, do you like the view?” pointing out the sea side.

Hyoyeon looked at were Junho’s pointing at and smiled a bit.

“Can we go to the shore later, I want to breathe some fresh air.” Hyoyeon said.

“Yeah, sure. Eat up.”

Hyoyeon tried to eat the home made muffins, but it was tasteless and noticed that she can’t swallow properly, it seemed like is dry. So she drank the pineapple juice but it tasted bitter.

She sighed. “I can’t eat even I try.”

“You should eat.” Junho tried to feed Hyo but she refused.

“I’m sorry but I don’t feel like eating.” Hyo lowered her head.

“Okay, just tell when you feel hungry.”

Hyoyeon nodded.

“Well, if you’re not going to eat. Let’s go to the beach, do you want to swim?”

“No, I just want to walk..”

“Okay..”

 

 

At the beach..

 

Side by side they walked at the shore, Hyoyeon is so quiet so Junho tried to have a conversation.

“I love strolling beach, don’t you?” Junho started.

But Hyoyeon seemed to not listening instead she looked at the ocean then continued to walk again.

“Hyoyeon, I know you’re hurt right now. But isn’t it unfair to Eunhyuk to not know his side?” Junho cannot help to voice his opinion.

Hyoyeon turned to look at him.

“Maybe it is unfair, but do you think that talking to him with erase the fact what I saw? My heart is bleeding at this moment, so if I see him right now you think it won’t make any worse?”

“Hyoyeon..” Junho started to walk towards her.

“Don’t…..I think I’m going to walk alone.”

Junho sighed. ‘How did Hyoyeon grown to be so cold hearted? I understand she’s deeply hurt but…..Hyoyeon open your eyes and your heart..’

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

I know it’s unfair..but I need to think this thoroughly..

Maybe after I clear my mind up I’m gonna face him..

I sighed. I need to get this out of my chest..

(Hyoyeon faced the ocean)

I shouted. “EUNHYUK!! NO MATTER I TRIED TO HATE YOU, IT’S NO USE..

 I ALWAYS COME BACK TO LOVING YOU..

I CAN’T BREATHE..

I CAN’T THINK..

HOW CAN I LIVE NOW?” then started crying.

Slowly, I broke down on my knees while embracing myself.

Suddenly I felt that the world is against me..

 

Junho hugged me from behind. “It’s okay Hyoyeon, let it out. Wash away your pain..be brave Hyoyeon..”

 

We stayed like that for a while..

 

I gradually moved.

“Feeling okay now? Would you like to go inside?” Junho offered.

“Yes, I need to call my mom and dad.”

“Okay.” He helped me to get up.

 

Inside..

 

I dialed the number of our landline.

After 2 rings, someone picked up the phone.

“Hello?”

“Junsu? It’s noona where’s mom or dad?”

“Wait noona. Mom! Noona’s on the phone.”

“Hello Hyoyeon?”

“Mom, sorry I didn’t called earlier. I’m here at a resort. We extended our vacation. I needed a breather.”

“Why? Well, have you called Eunhyuk? He went here 3 times to check if you got home.”

I sighed. “I’ll call him after this.” A lie.

“Okay, when are you gonna get back?”

“2-3 days perhaps.”

“Enjoy, but are you and Eunhyuk okay? You seemed sad.”

“………I got to go. Tell dad I called. Bye!”

Before my mom speaks I hang up the phone.

 

A little later Eunhyuk arrived at Kim’s home

 

“Mrs. Kim, is Hyoyeon here now?”

“She’s not here, but she called. Have she called you?”

“No..”

‘She said she’ll call you..she extended her vacation at a resort.”

“When will she come back?”

“2-3 days..did you two fight? Hyoyeon seemed sad.”

“No we didn’t..”

“That’s all she said, she’ll call you eventually so don’t worry.” Mrsk. Kim smiled.

‘I hope so.’ I smile faintly.

 

 

Eunhyuk’s house..

 Eunhyuk’s POV

 

Sitting on the couch..

“I thought so, she is mad..”

“Hyoyeon…..ahh!!!! I think I’ll gone insane..”

“Please talk to me..so I could explain myself..clear this..”

How will I sleep..knowing you can’t sleep..

How will I eat, I can’t even swallow while I know you’re unhappy..

Maybe I’ll just drink Soju..Soju is bitter..and bitterness is what I feel right now..

 

Eunhyuk drank all night..hoping that the feelings will come off tomorrow..

 

 

 Junho’s POV

 

I made Hyoyeon a glass of milk to help her to be able to sleep. I knocked on her room, but no one answered. I slowly turned the door knob to check if she’s sleeping.

Gladly, she is sleeping. The moonlight lighted the room, I moved quietly, kneeled on the floor. Then I noticed a teardrop falling from her cheek.

 

‘You looked so miserable..I hope I could take it from you..’

‘I’ll make a way for you and Eunhyuk to talk..so don’t cry anymore..’

I’m decided; I’m going to Eunhyuk first thing in the morning and tell him where Hyoyeon is.

To put an end to those who were hurting at this moment.

 

 

Sunday 7:00 AM

Eunhyuk’s home..

 

Still Junho’s POV

 

I rang the door bell, but no one answered.

It’s a good thing it’s not locked.

I knocked on the main door, still no one answered.

I turned the door knob, hoping it is not locked.

Thank God it opened.

“Eunhyuk!” I started to walk. ‘This house, looks like it turned upside down. What a mess!’

Then I saw him lying on his couch uncomfortably. ‘He’s wasted.’ I thought.

Emptied bottle of wines and soju’s scattered on the floor.

I hurriedly woke him up. “Hey Eunhyuk! Wake up!” shaking his shoulder.

Eunhyuk moaned and changed his position.

“Wake up! I got to talk to you. I know where Hyoyeon is!” At that instant he rose from the couch.

“Argh! My head!” holding his head. Then he looked at me, “You know where she is? Is she all right? Ah! Of course she’s not!”

“Easy man, I will tell you. But first, tell me what really happened.”

He laid his back on the backrest  of the couch, he sighed before starting.

“Gyuri is a celebrity in Japan, she lied about us. That we are dating, luckily I cleared it out before it become a huge gossip. I told the whole world that I am in love with my childhood friend. Crazy as she is, she couldn’t admit defeat, she went here and planned a scene, where Hyoyeon saw us . But honestly I don’t know if something really happened, I remember I drank a glass of wine and that’s it. After a while my mind blocked out. I’m used on drinking liquors and I knew that I’m not easy to get drunk.”  Eunhyuk is thinking so hard on what really was happened.

“Hmmmm..I think Gyuri has a personality of an obsessed psychotic person. Who can do all she can to get her target.”

Eunhyuk nodded. “Thanks dude, for listening.”

“I know that you don’t have a heart to hurt Hyoyeon, so I listened to both sides but Hyoyeon is thinking differently right now so you need to clarify what happened.”

“Will she still accept me? I really hope she listens.”

“Of course, she loves you. She will not be hurt if she doesn’t. Get ready it’s a 2 hour drive from here.”


 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

I woke up and not knowing where Junho is.

Aunt Shin said Junho went to the market, so I decided to go to the shore again, I want to feel the sunlight on my skin.

 

Beach..

 

Ahhh..soft wind blowing each strands of y hair..

Breathe in…Breathe out..

I never thought that I will fell asleep last night..

My eyes are swollen..

I didn’t eat last night, I didn’t eat breakfast..

But I feel so numb..

 

“Hyoyeon..”

 

‘I heard someone calling my name..that voice..Eunhyuk??’

 I turned my head to where that voice is coming from..

There he is little by little walking towards me..

 

“Hyoyeon..I missed you..” his eyes clouding up with tears.

 

I didn’t reply..

 

“Hyoyeon..please talk to me..” as he reached for my hand.

But I pulled my hand back like I let go of the burned coal on my hands.

“What is there to talk about? We’re over!” I walked away from him.

But he held my wrist.

“Please listen to me..Gyuri made all things up!”

“No! You’re already engaged so please let me go..” I covered my ears with my hands.

“That’s not true! I didn’t propose to her! This was meant only for you..” Eunhyuk kneeled and brought out the engagement ring. “Kim Hyoyeon will you marry me?”

I took the ring from Eunhyuk’s hand.

“Really?” Then I throw it out of the ocean.

“HYOYEON! Remember you promised me that you’ll trust me before anything else!” Eunhyuk got up.

 

~~Short flashback~~

 

“Now who’s jealous now? No one can compare to you.” Eunhyuk wrapped around his arms to Hyoyeon’s shoulder and kissed her cheek. “Kidding aside, just promise me that you will trust me. Before anything else you will listen to me first.”

Hyoyeon looked into Eunhyuk’s eyes and said. “Yes, I promise. Thanks for making me feel I’m beautiful.”

“It’s because you are.” Eunhyuk sincerely said.

 

~~End of FB~~

 

I kept a straight face. “Promises are made to be broken! Life is not a fairytale so don’t keep your hopes up! That’s what I learned from you.”

“Hyoyeon don’t do this to me..” Eunhyuk pleaded and hugged me.

“NO! Let me go! I’m so disgusted with you!”

Eunhyuk looked so hurt by my remark. He cried in front of me.

“Don’t you love me anymore?”

“Do you think I can still love you? I---HATE---YOU!”

 

Every word Hyoyeon said, left a mark on Eunhyuk’s heart..

 

“So this is really is Goodbye?” Eunhyuk faintly smiled. “No second chances huh..”

I glared at him. “No more…good bye…have fun with Gyuri..” then I walked away.

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

She turned my back at me..

I tried to drag my feet backwards.

I don’t know how I got back to my car.

Started the engine.

And hit the accelerator.

 

VROOM! VROOM!

80kph

|

90kph

|

100kph

|

120kph

|

140kph

 

I don’t know how long I stepped on the accelerator.

 

My mind is a blur..I can’t see a thing..

My eyes flooding with tears..

I never thought it will come to this..

Hyoyeon having so much hatred..

Gyuri I curse you!

She started to walk away from me..from my life..

If that’s what she wishes..i’ll do the same..

I can’t do anything..

I love her this much I’m willing to sacrifice my own happiness..just to make her happy..

Goodbye..Hyoyeon…my Hyoyeon..I love you..

 

 

    !~~~~~~SCREEEEEEEEECH~~~~~~~~~~!

    !~~~~~~~~~CRAAAAAAAAASH~~~~~~!

 

 

Sorry for using the B word and some torture scenes..

Sorry because I made Hyo so cold hearted..we all know she's not like that..

This chapter is full of drama and hatred..

And I hope you're satisfied with it..inspite of too much insensitivity of Hyo and Eunhyuk's giving up easily attitude..

i'm somewhat sad typing this chappie..cause it will now come down to an end..

last chapter coming up! so stay with me okay? THANKS! love yah! muwah!