2 Words Thank. You

Simple As That

Iris. It means faith. Faith. That word really made an impression to Chorong. It was as if she and flower are one. She was attached to it. Surely Iris is not even can be compared to the almighty rose. With its big petals and strong, radiant color. The small Iris won’t even leave an impression as big and high as a rose would. But it is true that she fell for the Iris at the first sight.

To be honest when Luhan left her on her own that day with the Iris tucked in her hair, some glimpse of the past run over her head.

It was a bit blurry. Especially the details. The details were all off. But the main point was clear.

One was a vision of a guy a blond one. But his face was blurry as if her brain itself doesn’t allow her to see the guy’s face. But she can feel his vibe. His soothing vibe that felt awfully similar to one guy. Xi Luhan.

“Arrgghh. There is no possible way Park Chorong. There is no way that guy is Xi Luhan. A face like that is memorable. It is super impossible if I don’t remember a guy with looks like that .” her head want to deny that so much but her heart believed it.

You see, Chorong was told before-hand she had some memory loss because of the accident but it seems like there is nobody that was willing enough to tell her what she had forgotten. And probably because she herself felt there was no need to since there was nothing important thing to it and her life was going pretty normal  and running smoothly. But now, after what had happened, her urge to find out what or specifically who she had forgotten had gone bigger.

That glimpse of the past must be some kind of sign of the person that she had forgotten. Her heart is saying that the person is Luhan. But there is no guarantee that her guess is spot on. She need more proof other than a slight guess of her heart.

“There is no helping it. I need to gather more information and perhaps more memories. Otherwise I will only get embarrassed if those things are only my imagination. That’s it. One way or the other you need to dig deeper Park Chorong.”

Thinking of the things that she forgotten made her felt bad somehow. Some people might be hurt because of it. Chorong really wanted to bang her head onto the wall right now. Maybe that will bring some memories in.

But she knows better than anyone that it will bring more trouble than a solution. Chorong let out a loud and deep sigh as she hugged her Furby plushy. For now, a sleep is what she need considering that the next day won’t be a simple walk at the park.

 


 

“Now, we need 6 chefs to help at the back and the others can be either the waiter or the welcoming committee. So, any that would like to volunteer as the chefs? ”

Its only a few weeks till’ the school festival and the science club had decided to do a maid café. What does a café relate to science? Well, maybe not much but when the majority vote for a maid café what could one do? The first year were assigned  to the dish duties. Second years as waiters that takes the orders and serves the future customers.

And lastly, the seniors are assigned as the chefs and also the welcoming committee. Considering that the science club members  doesn’t even reach the number 30, so the positions were distributed rather well. Chorong and Luhan were the ones on kitchen duty. That is because Chorong is a great cook and much people acknowledge it and Luhan well, he just wanted to stay near and also since he is not bad cook himself.

Things were getting quite awkward when the others left early after the meeting and Chorong and Luhan were the only one left. Silence filled the club room as Chorong was checking the paper works and Luhan was busy calculating the cost of the equipments that is needed.

Things stayed that way for almost an hour then they finally finished their respective works.

“Want to go the school store for a sec? We need to talk to them about some things that are needed.” Chorong nodded as she rise from her seat and wait for Luhan before both of them went to the school store .

 


 

Things are basically done after Luhan and Chorong talked to the manager of the store.

“Now, I think that is basically everything. Thanks Jihnye-unie.” and that concludes the discussion and when Chorong turned to her right, Luhan was not there.

“Now, where does the dude run off too?” a second later, Luhan pops out of nowhere that startled Chorong.

“Yah! You surprised me!” Luhan chuckled at Chorong’s respond. That is the Chorong he missed since after what happened, the two rarely see each other unlike before. Well, that is probably because Chorong always pops out of nowhere and the next thing you know, she is nearby. But it is really good to hear the old Park Chorong. The loud version of her. Slowly, he hand the vanilla ice-cream in his right hand to Chorong.

“There, your favorite.” Chorong couldn’t help but blush but it wasn’t long until she started to frown. Confused by Chorong’s reactions, Luhan knew that something was wrong.

“Chorong-ah, are you okay?” in a respond to Luhan’s question, Chorong shook her head.

“No. My head felt as if it was banged into a car yet again. Things are getting swirly and diz-“ Chorong was unable to finish her words as she fell down and luckily Luhan was fast enough to caught her before the girl hit the ground.

“Chorong. Park Chorong. Are you okay?” but unfortunately not a single reply from the girl. Without a moment of hesitation, he got Chorong on his back and went off to find a the school nurse or anyone that could help in that particular moment.

 


 

“Oh. Unnie. You’re up.” Naeun’s voice was the first one that she heard when she opened her eyes only to find herself laying on a bed in a familiar room. Her bedroom to be precise.

“Naeunnie. What’s going on here? Why am I here? Just now I thought I was at the school store with Luhan and-” she didn’t go on with her words when she saw and recognized every single person in her room at that moment. The dorky boys, her girls and also the only one that stand quite far from the group.

“I’ll go and tell the news to her mother.” Kris nodded as he heard what Luhan mumbled to him. Luhan walked away from the room to get Chorong’s mother and to announce that her daughter has woken up. But he sure is glad that nothing is wrong with Chorong. At least she still remember the girls. He knew that when he heard Chorong called out Naeun’s name when she woke up. And if she remember the girls, it’s impossible if she can’t remember the boys.

But one thing he is not sure of. That is whether Chorong remembered him or not. It happened once and there is no guarantee that she still doesn’t remember who he really is.

Luhan sighed as he looked back at the room that is now filled with laughter all over. He smiled as he went down the stairs to get Chorong’s mother.

 


 

“Unnie, do you remember anything?”

Chorong’s eyebrows furrowed when Hayoung asked her that.

“What do you mean maknae? What do I forgot?” the girls looked hesitant but Eunji being the bold one, spoke up.

“Just curious. You remember who Luhan is right?”

“That is one weird question Eunji. Of course I do. He is my hubby. You all know that.” The answer from Chorong got several mouths of people fell agape .

“Wait. So you remember?”

“Yes. The derpy Park Chanyeol. And because I remembered everything. I want to ask a favor from all of you.”

“No problem.”

“Consider it done Chorong-noona.” Chorong smiled by the response she got from her friends; Now to put those into action.

“But before we even get to your plan. I need to ask this. How in the heavens do you get your memories back?” Chorong paused when she heard Eunji’s question.

“Well, the last thing I remembered before I passed out is that Luhan gave me a vanilla ice-cream. Maybe that is the one that triggers my memory of him maybe?”

“Vanilla ice-cream? I just don’t get it.” Tao and D.O nodded at Suho’s statement.

“Maybe I know why. Bomi-yah. Remember what happened at the store during lunch time before the accident took place?” Bomi let out a loud ‘Ahh’ as she finally get what Eunji was trying to say.

“You know, I think that might be possible. That piece of memory probably is the biggest influence in getting Chorong’s memories. Well, I guess that is because that particular event was the one that Chorong held precious. And I can surely say that it might be the one that may trigger the forgotten ones. But really I have no idea how you forgot about him in the first place.”

The group just stared at Eunji with lots of confusions on their face.

“What?”

“Where do you learn to spoke out words like that? You sound like a psychotherapist to me just now. I thought I was having a visit to a shrink just now.” that instantly got Chanyeol a smack on the head from Eunji.

“Yah! That hurts!”

“Kids. Stop fighting. Now, what is it that you want to ask a favor from us Chorong-ah?”

“Save it for next time guys. Luhan is getting closer. And for now, I am super sure that Chorong doesn’t want him to know that she got her memories back don’t you Park Chorong?”

“I say. Good guess there Duizhang! That is why I love you Yifan!” Kris smirk as Chorong said that.

“Now, act like nothing happened arasso?” the others nodded as they heard Chorong’s warning. All eyes were soon directed to Chanyeol, the derp.

“Why is everybody looking at me?”

“Just keep your mouth shut about this Chanyeol or you’re dead. Got it?” Chanyeol gulped when he saw the murderous look in Chorong’s eyes. Chorong can be super scary when she wants to.

 


 

Finally. The school festival is officially over and it can be said that everyone did very well. Its half 11 p.m. right now and most of the students are now cleaning and also most of those are finished with their works. Luhan was busy with the dirty dishes while Chorong is nowhere to be found. After a few minutes battling the dishes, Luhan was finally done. He leaned on the wall of the club room after he finished his work. He started to space out again. And as always, it’s about Chorong again. After the fainting incident, Chorong seems to distant herself from Luhan. Luhan was confused but he didn’t ask even when he was dying to know.

Suddenly, a junior of his brought him back to reality as the girl called Luhan’s name several time before the guy snapped back. He raised his head to see the small and petite girl stretching her arms in order to give a in her hands to him. He was hesitant at first but the girl quickly explained her actions.

“I’m not here for a confession sunbae. Its just Chorong sunbae told me to give this to you.” Luhan’s eyes lighten up when he heard Chorong was mention. And without hesitation, he took the card.

Rooftop. Its 11.45 p.m. now mister so get there before the clock struck 12. So, on your feet and get here pronto!

Leaving the girl behind, Luhan quickly went towards the rooftop with a smile on his face. Don’t know why but he just has a good feeling about this.

 


 

The first thing he saw when he got there was jaw-dropping. Lights that flickers in a beautiful way. Some are hanging on the poles on the roof. There is a table that sits for two that is garnished with a white creamy table-cloth and on it sits a huge size chocolate cheese cake with candles burning on top of it.

Slowly, Luhan approached the table and looking at every single detailed work on the event. Who could have done this? Chorong maybe? But why?

Those questions were soon was answered when the song of Happy Birthday were heard. And it came from a soft and cute voice that belonged to the girl that we all know.

“Chorong.” looking at the quite dazzling Chorong even when all the she put on her is just a simple short white dress with her hair braided to the side.

“Luhan. My hubby. Its now 12.01 a.m so its now officially the day of your birthday! Congratulations on getting older hubby!”

Luhan was a bit caught off-guard when he heard the word that came out from Chorong.

“Chorong. But I thought-”

“I lost memory of you I know. But guess what, I regain it back!” and that comes with a small peck on the cheek which left Luhan a bit dumbfound. Chorong chuckled at Luhan’s reaction.

“Aigoo. And I though you would give a better response to that. After what you said to me at the hospital that is.”

“What?”

“Xi Luhan. I heard it all okay? Its just I can’t remember about it for a while.” Luhan smirked as she look at the girl in front of her. As always. Unpredictable as ever. But since the cat is already out of the bag, why not? Unexpectedly from the usual quiet Luhan, he pulls off quite a stunt there leaving Chorong’s eyes wide open from both disbelief and surprised.

“Lu-Luhan. Yo-you just-”

“Kissed you? I know. Now you know you’re not the only one that could pull off an unpredictable stunt .” Chorong hanged her head down for the first time. A bit blushed and embarrassed of what had just happened.

Luhan smiled as he cupped Chorong’s face and brought it closer to his.

“You know, I was a bit shocked when you first told me that you like me but then I can’t help but to fall for your charms. Chorong-ah. All the things that you heard me said at the hospital was the truth. I didn’t lie about all that. So, if you are willing to accept me for me then. Go ahead. Because I love you Park Chorong. I really do.”

Chorong look Luhan’s in the eyes to look for the sincerity in his words and she finally smiled after she found what she was looking for.

“I like you for who you are. I just like you. Simple as that. There is no reason for me not to like you. And I’m sorry if my previous actions kinda embarrassed you. But if you are willing to accept the loud me, then it settled. I love you too Xi Luhan. You are important to me.”

And those were soon sealed with a kiss. A longer and intimate one this time.

“Oh god. They sound like they have just came out from a romance movie. I feel like I’m going to throw up.”

“Yah! Kim Minseok! You are ruining everything!”

“Oh, I forgot that the girls and the boys are still here.” Chorong laughed sheepishly while Luhan face-palmed himself.

“Prepare yourself for the worse teasing of your life.” as Luhan spoke to himself, he felt that his right hand that was intertwined with Chorong was getting tighter. He look at the girl beside him that is flashing the brightest smile he had ever seen.

“Guess it is all worth it. At least having you beside me is good enough.” with laughter and love in the air, the story ends. Just simple as that. The love story of Park Chorong and Xi Luhan.

Next time if the person that you are crushing on ask you why do you like them then just answer them like this;

“I like you. Simple as that.”

Maybe that may bring some magic. And probably a similar love story like the two. Don’t you agree?

 

 


 

yeah, I rushed myself to finish this chapter and I have to admit it was crappy. I felt like killing myself. But no worries my lovely subbies, this fic is yet to end. Next up, some one-shots for the other couples. So stay tooned! Oh, finally, comment your thoughts please. How was it?

-dewdrops