Hidden {BAEKJI}

Simple As That

 


 

Sitting all by yourself in the library probably might not be the best thing that you ever think of especially when it was half-day on that day and most of the students are already at home of spending their time in the town. But for the girl Jung Eunji, having the whole moment in her favorite place is the best way that she have thought for the moment.

Well, she is not really the loner type. She is often seen with either the wacky Bomi or grandma Chorong or the other girls be it the loud Namjoo, the sweet Hayoung or the whiz, Naeun who often accompanied Eunji to the library since they both loves books. But as for today Eunji is on her own.

Park to the Cho to the Rong is having an anniversary celebration with the one and only Luhan. Who knew the Xi Luhan that usually ignores almost everything besides study is having  a cute relationship with the girl that has been trailing onto him all this time? Well, its not much of a surprise. Chorong has her charms and its not mystery that Luhan fell for the nagging grandma.

Yoon Bomi is on the thing that she called as ‘the get-to-know-each-other’s-heart-for-the-meantime-bonding-time.’ Eunji snickered when she recalled what Bomi told her. That girl couldn’t even said the truth that she is going out with a date with Wu Yifan. After the two was trapped in the library that day, they talked to each other a lot. And communication between them was getting better. All those texting and chatting really paid off for their relationship.

Apink’s visual and center Son Naeun is having yet again a study date with Kai. The two finally got together as a couple. Eunji knew all along that Kai and Naeun have feelings for each other. And after some meddling into their love-life a few times, the successor of Cupid, Jung Eunji finally achieved her goal. Naeun and Kai are now officially dating. It wasn’t easy though. It took Naeun almost all of her strength to push away the past and grab the future. But it was worth it especially when the dude is Kim Jongin.

Next, Kim Namjoo. The Mirror Princess of Apink as well as the greasiest one in the group is busy going on a cooking date with Do Kyungsoo. What is cooking date? Well, its basically the two having some alone time and D.O teaching Namjoo how to cook since the guy said he want Namjoo to be able to cook for him one day. Eunji almost puke when she heard that. Those two. Who knew Namjoo’s greasiness will get to D.O?

The maknae, Oh Hayoung as we all knows it is still in a relationship with her boyfriend Oh Sehun. Their relationship was stable. Maybe a little fights once or twice but couples have their rough edges too. So, its pretty normal. The maknae couple is probably the couple that wasn’t afraid to be all lovey-dovey in public. Well, Sehun isn’t. Hayoung being the shy one is still trying to get use to all of that. But that what makes their relationship so beautiful. The innocence and pure love of the young ones.

There are tons of people that were heart-broken when the 10 people that makes into 5 couples that was made up from Apink and EXO got together. Especially Apink’s fanboys and EXO’s fangirls. But they never went against it since the couples looked so happy together.

That only left EXO to a total of 6 singles and Apink has one loner. That Apink member is none other than Jung Eunji herself. The 7 single ones are a bit irritated by the all the lovey-dovey that was shown by their members but they just let it past considering that their friends are happy.

The boys doesn’t have any trouble considering they are boys and there are tons of chances for them to get paired up with someone in the future. But the one being in most trouble is Eunji. The 5 girls often pestered her to spill her secrets about her crush. But she remain silent to this moment without saying anything. Or even giving off any sort of clue to the girls.

But when the girls bothered her so much, Eunji finally gave up a clue to the guy. The clue eventually shut the girls up.

“Truth to be told. The one I am having a crush on is already harboring feelings to someone else. Now you know that. So, do me a favor, please stop bothering me to tell you more about him got it?”

The girls certainly never get their hands about the topic ever again since Eunji told them that. No one wants to be reminded of a one-sided love that will never be return in the nearest future.

Eunji knew that the girls often being a bit careful whenever they talked about their boyfriends in front of her. But seriously Eunji doesn’t even mind at all. The happiness and joy that the girls are experiencing right now is already a blessing for her. She is completely fine with harboring a one-sided crush on someone that already set his heart on someone else. It hurts but it normal to Eunji.

Those feelings like that has been with her for almost half of her life.  It began when she was 7. Having a crush on a new student in her class. The one that eventually have someone else in mind. When she was 15, she got her eyes on a senior. It was not serious but the senior to as you might guessed it, already have his heart on someone else. And now, when she turned 17, she fell for someone else yet again. And yet again, after 3 months or so when she realized she has feelings for the dude, she found out the painful truth once again. The guy have feelings for someone else. He might never said it out loud but being the observant Eunji, she noticed that the dude often steal glances whenever he had the chances.

And Eunji just accepted it. It was something that is super normal  in her life already. It will be a total lie saying that she is not affected by it even the slightest bit because she is. She blamed herself so hard since she always find herself stuck in something like this. She often fell for someone that already has someone else in their mind. She blame herself a lot.

But she kept carrying through her life as if nothing happen. It hurts and a bit frustrating but what a girl can do. She can play as Cupid to the others and meddle with their love-life but her love-life on the other hand is a complete mess.

After letting her minds flew off too who-knows-where for a while, Eunji finally got her attention back to the book in her hands. The library as usual. Quiet. Especially on times like this. The sound of a chair in front of her being pulled out made her attention towards the seat that was just occupied by a face that is super similar to her.

They nodded to each other and Eunji moved back to her book while trying to ignore the sound of her heart that is beating frantically. Her hands starts to shiver but she tried as her as possible to make her facial expression seems calm and not to obvious. Fortunately that works just fine. The next few minutes were just silence between them. Sounds of pages flipping were the only sounds at the moment. After a while, Eunji decided she can’t take it anymore and she closed the book and began to pack up her stuff.

A pair of brown eyes that was looking at her with that soft gaze of his certainly affect Eunji but she tried to keep a poker face. After a while, the guy was still giving her that gaze of his. Unable to stand it anymore, Eunji turn to face the guy with both of her hand on her hips in an attempt to make her look as if she was annoyed.

“Byun Baekhyun. Stop staring at me will you? You are giving me the creeps. Don’t you have anything else better to do? Like focusing on your books for once.” Baekhyun grinned when he heard Eunji’s nagging. Finally after a while Eunji is finally letting out that precious voice of hers that hasn’t escape her lips for quite a while.

“There you go. It took me tons of things to make you speak you know Eunji.”

“Why do you care you Bacon?”                                                                                                      

“Just because. The boys are wasting their time at the arcade while the 5 dudes that have their mates keep going on dates. Me on other hand was terribly bored. And I guess you were the only one that I guessed is able to keep me entertained.”

“Yeah well. Good luck on getting yourself something else better to do. I am leaving. See ya’ later Bacon.” Eunji grabbed her backpack and start to walk towards the exit leaving a smiling Baekhyun that was watching her every step.

“Jung Eunji. You never fail to amuse me with you every actions.” he turned his attention back on the book while Eunji on the other hand was trying to contain her nervousness. How she hates herself that her heart began to beat in an abnormal way whenever he is around.

Once she was sure she was far enough from the place Baekhyun was sitting, she turned her head to take a look at the dude. His serious face when reading a book made Eunji giggled. Yes, Byun Baekhyun is the guy she like. Unfortunately.

Even though half of her wanted to tell him badly, part of her rational side told her not to. And somehow, she felt its best to keep this hidden. That way things won’t get awkward between them. Their relationship itself is awkward as it is now. Its better to not making it worse than it already is.

Even the great Love Doctor fails sometimes and that is exactly what happened to Jung Eunji. Another miss-hap in love. She can play as Cupid from time to time. Yes, that is true. She meddles in others’ love-life a lot. That is also true. But she herself can’t do anything about hers. And for now, its better that way.

Until she find the courage deep in herself someday, she will keep these feelings of her to Byun Baekhyun hidden in the meantime. She is okay with it so there is no absolute problem with it. For now, she felt contented to see her beloved friends and dongsaengs being happy in their relationships with her being the love advisor for each one of them.

 


 

Eunji exited the school grounds humming her favorite ballad without noticing a pair of brown eyes that she has just encountered just now, looking at her figure walking out.

Baekhyun carved up a smile seeing his favorite girl exiting the school grounds safely. Eunji has a lot of charms that made him attracted to her. Her laugh, her pranks, all of her values. Is all great to Baekhyun. And also the things that made Baekhyun to keep a special feeling to Eunji and  even though he never told anyone about this, he knows Eunji felt the same. He also knows that Eunji thought he was crushing on someone else.

That was an act really. When he knew Eunji was looking at his way, he acted like he was watching someone else. Just to give off a illusion that he has someone else in his heart when the truth is Jung Eunji took his heart before he took hers.

As for now, he guess its better to keep things low and he better wait for the right time before revealing his feelings. For now, its better to keep it hidden.

 


-dewdrops here! This is the final chapter of this fic and subbies, how do you like it? Hate it? Sorry! *cowers away while weeping in a corner*. Well, for those who are still up for it, click next to read my rambles. Who knows, maybe I will say some things that are important? *wriggles eyebrows*. But as for this, its the end. Thanks for you support!

-dewdrops