I'm Here {KAIEUN}

Simple As That

 



“Yah! What are you doing?”

“Kim Jongin! You startled me! It’s a good thing a don’t have any kind of heart malfunction or I’ll be a dead corpse by now!”

Kai just laughed when Naeun nagged at him. The tanned boy really loves to bother Naeun. Its like a little habit of his that he really enjoys to do. Naeun look pretty cute when she is annoyed and especially if the person that is bothering her is none other than Kim Jongin.

“Eyy… That will never happen because if you do, you are surely going to be incarnated since all the angels above are going to envy you for your beautiful face until they are going to kick you out of heaven. And if you are incarnated, I will never going to see you again since I need to wait at least 100 years before I see you again.”

Naeun rolled her eyes with Kai’s illogical theories. How in the heaves would he ever think of something like that when the boy’s rank in the school is almost at the bottom of the student list? Who would ever know?

“Shut it Jongin. Just turn to page 16 and we can continue our lesson and after that I can finally go home after a long day.”

Yeah, you would probably guessed it beforehand. Son Naeun is the tutor for Kim Jongin. Part time tutor anyway. Since Jongin is the school jock, he often missed class which eventually leads to the boy being left out from his studies and can’t keep up with the lessons anymore.

Luckily for Kai, Naeun was there as a friend who happens to be one of the genius and also one of the few people who can stand to be in the same room as Kai for hours. Another good thing is that Naeun is also a patient one. Mostly, people would flip out whenever they became Kai’s tutor since the guy is sarcastic and not to mention playful.

And surprisingly, Naeun was the one who volunteer herself to be Kai’s tutor. Now, don’t jump into conclusions, Naeun did it since Kai is a good friend of hers and also because her unnies and the EXO members were practically begging her to do it since everyone probably knew that Naeun is the only one who can stand Kai.

“Come one Naeun-ah. Its not like it’s a sin for having fun once in a while.”

“Yeah. Once in a while Jongin. But in your case, its like you are having fun every time. Now, just turn to page 16 and let me explain about Acid and Base and then you can have fun capiche’?”

“Naeun is being bossy and naggy nowadays. Looks like some of Chorong-noona’s traits has been passed down to you.” with a pout, Kai finally opened up his Chemistry book. Naeun smiled but she ignored Kai’s comment as she finally proceed with the lesson that day.

 


 

“I seriously have no idea Chemistry was super easy!” Naeun rolled her eyes with Kai’s sarcastic comment. I mean, who in the heavens would ever think Chemistry is super easy? Einstein? Maybe. But for Kai, the boy is practically saying that his brain is so close to being malfunction for all of the information he received from Naeun just now.

“Hurry up Jongin. Saeun must be starving if I don’t hurry home.” Naeun was already finished packing her things and was half-way towards the school’s gate while waiting for Kai who is being such a slow-poke.

“Wait, does that mean you are cooking? Man, I need to be on standby in case Saeun needs to be taken to a hospital.”

“Ha. Ha. Funny Kim Jongin. You know better I can’t cook. Just make a pit-stop at the Chinese restaurant near the corner before dropping me to my house.”

“Chinese food for dinner tonight? Mind if I crash in?”

“Sure. If that means you are buying the meal. Now, hurry up Kim Jongin!” Kai just laughed while Naeun was tapping her foot impatiently onto the ground as she stand next to the huge motorbike that belongs to Kai.

“Sheesh. You are impatient. Put on your helmet. We don’t want Saeun to grieve at her sister’s funeral don’t we?” Naeun just put on the helmet that Kai gave her and the next thing, the two are already out of the school ground on Kai’s bike drifting into the road.

 


 

“Get some plates Saeun. And also take out the orange juice from the fridge. I’m gonna go to my room and change for a sec and I’ll be back. And as for you Jongin…”

“Want me to help you with changing?”

“ert. Just make yourself comfortable. But, I can see you are already making my house as if its yours right now.” said Naeun as she refers to Kai who is already making himself comfortable on the couch and was already turning on the TV.

Naeun was going up to her room while Naeun’s little sister Saeun came back from the kitchen with plates and 3 glass and also some orange juice that was made by their mother beforehand.

“Kai-oppa. Can you help me to set all this up?” Kain just nodded at Saeun’s request.

“So, when are your parents coming home?”                                                                                    

“I got a call from Mom just now and she said that they will be back tomorrow. They need to wait for Uncle Shin to arrive at Grandma’s house first before they can leave.” Kai nodded. He is already informed by Naeun that her parents are away for a week since her Grandmother was not feeling well. The two sisters however didn’t tag along since both Naeun and Saeun’s midterms are around the corner.

“Really? They should have stayed longer. Grandma needs them more than we do.” said Naeun as she finally finished changing into her casual outfit.

The trio then had their dinner in the usual lively atmosphere.

“Jongin. Won’t your mother will be mad if you don’t get home right now?”

“Its okay. I already told her that I am going to have dinner with you two and she approve. Still, she nagged at me for not getting you two to have dinner at my place.”

“Tell her that we will be over tomorrow.”

“Arasso.”

When the were finished with their meal, Naeun got up to do the dishes while Saeun and Kai are enjoying themselves watching TV.

“Oppa. I was thinking about this for a while. Why don’t you just date my sis? You always said that she was your type and unnie too said her type is a bad boy and you certainly fit the description.”

Kai laughed at Saeun’s question, leaving the girl a bit dumbfound by Kai’s sudden outburst.

“Why don’t you ask your unnie about that? Besides, I guarantee that she still can’t forget about that person.” Saeun’s face darkens when Kai mention that. She knows who Kai is referring to. It is none other than Lee Taemin. Naeun’s ex and also Kai’s best friend.

“I know. But she really needs to move on. She always said that she is over Taemin oppa but I can see that she still remembers him.” Kai sighed. He knows. He knows it all. Taemin and Naeun dated last year and they relationship is super cute but not long after, Taemin passed away. Brain cancer. Naeun was devastated. She cried in her room for almost a month if it wasn’t for Apink that consuls her about her condition.

Even when the Son Naeun is a cheerful one now, Kai knows that a part of her is still crying. Even when others can’t see it, he does. After all, Son Naeun is the girl that Kim Jongin loves. Yes, Kai love Naeun. None has ever know about that. He kept it all to himself just in case Naeun can’t accept him.

“For now Saeun, We’ll just have to see how it goes. It all depends on her. If she can’t heal her heart yet, we can’t possibly force her to.” both Saeun and Kai sighed as they look at Naeun who are struggling with the dishes in the kitchen.

 

 


 

Naeun was in her room revising some subjects. When her eye caught the rosary bracelet that was left hanging on a picture frame on her table. Memories of when Taemin was alive came to her. All the happy ones. She was not willing to let go any of them. Taemin was her first and yet he left her a bit to early.

A sudden beep from her cell drag her back. It was Kai.

‘Yo. Why aren’t you sleeping yet? Its already passed midnight. Girls shouldn’t be up this late.’

Naeun smirked. Kai advising her to go to bed? That is new.

‘And you shouldn’t too. You have extra classes tomorrow morning remember?’

‘Yeah I know. But you are the teacher so there is a slight hope that you can arrange the class to start at maybe at 1.00 p.m. or so. XD’

‘Funny. Just remember to be at my house at 10.00 a.m. sharp. You have tons of catching up to do before the mid-terms Kim Jongin.’

‘You are harsh you know that. By the way, look outside of your window for a sec.’

Curious, Naeun looked out only to see Jongin waving from the other side. They are neighbors anyway. She opened the window giving off a signal to Kai. All Kai did was grin as he tossed a taffy to Naeun and luckily she was able to caught it before it hits the ground.

‘What was the taffy for?’

‘For you to fall asleep faster. Come on, out of all people I know taffy is like milk to you. You need taffy before going to bed. But I have to say, that is one weird habit of yours.’

Jongin. He really knows Naeun well.

‘Thanks Jongin. You surely know me.’

‘I sure do. And you need to know that I will be here for you every single time. Got it?’

‘Got it. Goodnight.’

She closed the window and went to lie on her bed. Taffy. Other than Taemin, Kai is the only human being that knows that weird habit of hers. She knew that Kai has a thing for her. She is not that dumb not to realize it. She can see from his actions very well. She knew that Kai likes her. Yet, she did nothing about it.

Naeun let out a sigh. It is her fault. She knew that Kai likes her and she cannot deny that part of her is telling that she too holds the same feeling as Kai. But a part of her is holding her back. That part is still on the process of recovery after Taemin left. It wasn’t easy but Kai really lightens the burden. Naeun take a look at the taffy in her hand again.

She is still not ready to let go but she knows that Kai, her Jongin will always be there every step of the way. As for now, she might need to keep her feelings hidden until the right moment comes. The right moment when she can finally let go of the past and embrace the future. And she really can tell that Kai is her future. A future that needs to wait a bit longer until she is completely ready.

 

Honestly, I am not a big fan of Taen. I only watched WGM for Apink and EXO appearance. But when I was writing this, Taemin's name was the one who came to mind so, i really don't know what to say so please leave a comment. It is the only thing that I am asking from you, 2 minutes to comment on the chapter that I spent almost 3 hours to write. So, your comments will be much loved.

-dewdrops