3 Words You. Are. Important

Simple As That

Shocked, surprised, speechless, and mostly unbelievable. Those probably can be use to define the thoughts and the feelings that the 12 boys and 5 girls in the hospital ward right now when the doctor that was responsible on taking care of their beloved Park Chorong was finished with her examination.

“I am sorry to say but it seems that when she was knocked in the accident, her head must’ve bumped into something hard that caused her some minor injuries to her celebrum which eventually caused to memory losses. ”

“But doc, it seems quite impossible since she remembered all of us. She practically remembered everything. Her name, her birthday, her family and also her family and all. Her memory seems perfectly fine except for one big thing.” Bomi’s words stopped there while her eyes trailed off to the only one that seems the most gloomy one in the room.

Luhan looked at Chorong who was rest peacefully in her be after the doctor was finished with her CAT scan and all of those other scans just to check if there is anything else wrong with her and so far the only thing that is absurdly wrong with her is that she can’t remember one person.

The girl can remember all the members of EXO starting from the oldest Xiumin until the maknae Sehun. Same goes for Apink. From the second oldest Bomi to the maknae Hayoung. From her relative names, family names, friends in middle school. All of them.  Except for one person that is probably one of the most important one in Park Chorong’s high school love-life. And that person is none other than Xi Luhan.

Luhan just kept quiet the whole time but the memories of when Chorong firstly woke up and saw him still plays in his mind.


“Where am I? And, sorry but who are you?”                                                     

A bit surprised by the sudden question from the girl that just woke up, Luhan froze in that spot without even moving an inch from looking at Chorong’s face just in case to detect whether the girl was pulling off some prank. But what he wished for was not what happened.

“Hello. Where am I?”

“At the hospital.”

“Well, that certainly explains the condition of this room. Em, sorry if you take this question a bit rude but who are you? Do I know you?”

He tried so hard to snap out of it and when he does, he doesn’t reply to Chorong’s question. Instead, he got out of the ward in order to find any doctor that would be available to check on Chorong. Something is completely wrong with the girl. Something awfully wrong.

 


 

“If that is the case then I’m sorry. I really don’t have the answers for that. The matter with the human brain is still a major mystery to the researchers and also the doctors. It might seem that something has blocked her from remembering you, Mister Xi Luhan. Sorry if I might not been much of a help.”

“Thanks a lot doc.” said Kris in place of Luhan who seemed in much daze from what he and group just heard.

Soon, the doctor left leaving the quiet ward. The girls seems relieved that there was nothing wrong with their best friend but still, there is something bothering them. It can’t be possible. The one that she loved the most and values a lot is the only one that she can’t remember.

Luhan can’t even said a word. Not even a sigh escapes his mouth. He was just too surprised. How can it be possible that Park Chorong can forget him?

 


 

Its been a week and Chorong was already discharged from the hospital after the doctors confirmed that she was perfectly fine but the doctors still reminded her to come to the appointments so that they could check up on her condition from day by day.

Back at school, there was nothing unusual happened but the crowds surely got their attention on Chorong because of the accident and also because some idiots spread the rumors of Chorong that have no idea who Luhan is.

Things are getting super awkward now between both Luhan and Chorong and believe it or not, none has spoken to each other since what happened. It seems impossible that the two would sit down together in a corner and talk since both are in different classes and all.

But destiny proved otherwise.

 


 

It was club time and as the seniors, the whole batch was kinda forced and had no choice but to abide to the responsibility that was given by the whole school. And both Apink and EXO was not excluded. Especially for Luhan and Chorong who turns out to be the president and vice-president of the science club respectively. Long story about how the two got the positions in the first place so we will just skip that one shall we?

Luhan and Chorong is now walking side to side in the hallway, heading towards their club room after much discussions that happened with the committee of the student body along with the other president and vice-presidents of the other clubs.

Silence accompanied the two. Luhan who was busy looking at Chorong and the kid-leader was too busy with the papers that was given in the meeting just now.

Apparently each club was needed to come up with some interesting exhibition or activities for the school festival that is going to be held in just a few weeks from now.

“Luhan. Luhan. Mister president!” the loud voice of Chorong who was seeking for Luhan’s attention finally got him back to his conscious.

Chorong was looking at him with much dissatisfaction. Her nose was scrunched up, her cheeks was puffed up and her arms were lapped onto each other while her right foot was tapping the floor 10 times in a minute. And Luhan couldn’t help but smiled looking at the cute act.

“Um. Yeah. What is it?”

“I called your name like for 100 times and you didn’t even heard me. Where did your mind ran off to this time?”

Chorong was filled with sarcasm and Luhan smiled. It seems some part of her is still there.

“What is it that you want to talk about?”

“I was repeating the same thing like 10 times and now you are asking me to repeat I again. What do I look like to you? A voice recorder or some sort?”

“Fine. Fine. Let’s sit down for a while before we get back to the club room and sort this madness out. If that is okay with you.” Chorong nodded at Luhan’s suggestion and followed him towards the nearest bench and sat down while Luhan went to the nearby water machine and got them some juice. Aplle for him and orange for Chorong. At least that is one of the things that he greatly knows about the girl.

“Thanks. Now, about the preparations. We need to distribute the works to each and every member in club. Not to mention we need to think what are we going to do for the festival. And also we need to buy the equipments needed. And, are you even listening to my rambling here?”

“Caught me red-handed.” Chorong sighed while Luhan smirked. Luhan was playing with his hands and gazed at the blue sky not even noticing the weird look that Chorong is giving him.

“Luhan-sshii-”

“Just Luhan please. It bothers me to hear you call me that formal.”

“Ok fine. Luhan-ah. Why are you being so weird?”

“Weird how?”

“Everything. You stared into deep space a lot. You often being the one who are always quiet whenever the whole group are together. And the thing that bothers me a lot is that how come you know every single thing about me when I have no such memory of meeting you ever in my entire life?”

“You know the answer already. You don’t need me to explain it to you.”

“I do?”

“If you dig deeper. The answers you seek will reveals itself to you.”

“Sorry if this question might hurt you but do I know you somehow? Somewhere? Do we even met before what happened at the hospital?”

Luhan got up from his seat, standing in front of Chorong and soon his face began to coming close to Chorong’s face.

“Wh-What do you think you are doing?”

Luhan smirked as he pulled out a small flower and tucked it into Chorong’s ears.

This scene seems awfully familiar… But somehow its not something that I despise. Wait, am I crazy? Snap out of it, Park Chorong.

“Y-Yah! ”

“Your favorite flower. Iris. It means faith. Maybe that will bring something.” without anymore remarks, Luhan walked away leaving Chorong still in daze.

Somehow. His scent and presence was familiar. Super familiar and Chorong wasn’t going to lie. Having Luhan near, her heart felt like it was going to burst.

“Somehow. Just somehow. Me heart was telling me something. Its telling me that…” she trailed off her words as she looked at the back of Luhan who is slowly disappearing out of sight.

“…. that he is someone that is important. And I believed it without a doubt.”

 


 

yes, crappy. I know. Sorry. I really hope you will forgive me but please do leave a comment. I love it when I read your comments about the fic. It made me felt contented somehow... XD

-dewdrops