Finally Out {KYUNGJOO}

Simple As That

 


 


 

 “Remind me again. Why do I need to be your maid and fill your daily needs?”

D.O was scribbling the words on a small blue notepad that he got just this morning and when he was finally done, he tapped Namjoo on her right shoulder and when Namjoo turned her head, D.O literally almost rubbed the notepad into Namjoo’s face.

“Yah! How can I read this thing if you put it this close to my face?” pissed, Namjoo turned off the stove. It’s a good thing her dish is already finished. She grabbed the notepad from D.O and start to read them out loud.

This is what the note says:                                                                                                       

‘Well, basically you were the one who got me into this mess. Its only fair enough that you take full responsibility of all this.’

“My fault? How is this my fault Do Kyungsoo? I did nothing wrong!” Namjoo blurted out and D.O start scribbling down some other notes for Namjoo to read.

‘Oh yeah? Then you would probably like it better if I go and tell both of your parents that yesterday you were out partying into late night instead of going to Chorong’s house with me for a study group session like you told them. Not to mention you made me stay out in the cold night outside of you house ‘cause you need my shoulders to climb back to your room since the front door was already locked. And you also told me to hide in the bushes when your parents checked out on you just so you will be out of trouble!’

“You really love to threaten me don’t you? Fine! I owe you one anyway. Sheesh, who knew you would be a weak one. You just stay out in the snow like for about 2 hours or so. What can I do? How would I know that my parents are too overprotective til’’ they stay around for about 2 hours!”

‘All of this won’t happen if you didn’t go to that party you know? You should have went to Chorong’s house for the study group. That way, you won’t be much in trouble as well as your heart won’t be broken by that jerk.’

D.O looked a bit guilty when he saw Namjoo read his note. Namjoo face darkens when D.O mentioned her heart being broken by the jerk. D.O held his hand to comfort Namjoo but he withdraw it when Namjoo gave him a smack in the head.

“Its his lost anyway. He lost a chance to have a great person like me as a girlfriend. The jokes are on him anyway.”

Yeah, it was his lost. It was the jerk’s lost for losing someone bright and great as you Kim Namjoo. If only I can say that out loud right now.

Namjoo turned her head to D.O when she heard the boy sighed. Her eyebrows jerked up as a sign saying ‘What’s up?’. D.O shook his head trying to hide what he is really thinking about.

Namjoo groan as she picked up a medium-size colorful bowl from the rack and start filling bowl with the soup she just cooked. She grab a spoon and nearby and after she was done, she placed the bowl in front of D.O who was already seated at the dining table.

“Who knew that you will get a cold after all that and what surprise me more is that you lost your voice for all that coughing. Your body surely is weak.” Namjoo piped down when D.O glared at her and after Namjoo stopped talking, D.O start to dig in. At the first sip of the soup, he looked up only to find the curious Namjoo who wanted to know about his response and the taste.

“So, how does it taste.” D.O picked his notepad and wrote it all.

‘Needs more salt. And maybe just a little bit bean paste.’

Namjoo pouted at D.O’s comment.

“Well, its not fault. Besides, why do I have to cook for you? Your cooking is better than me. Why even bother to ask me to cook your meal anyway?”

‘I just want you to. Just shut up and let me eat in peace.’

“You are mean you know that? I still don’t get it why I am doing everything you say here when I can just go home and watched my Onew-oppa on the TV.” with her arms crossed against her chest, Namjoo started to complain.

‘Don’t you dare Kim Namjoo. Or I’ll tell on you to your parents. You wouldn’t want that don’t you?’

“Fine! Sheesh! Control freak. Its not like there is anything to do at my house anyway. Mom and Dad won’t be home before 10 p.m. How I wished they will be home sooner. I don’t want to stay in that huge house all by myself and I also don’t want to stay here with you any longer. But it looks like I have no choice.”

You see, that is why D.O is not letting Namjoo out of him home since he knows that the girl will only be all by herself in that huge house. Namjoo is the only child of the Kim and being neighbors right from the old days, Do Kyungsoo surely knows that Namjoo is a scaredy cat even with the spunky and bold attitude of hers.

I can’t let you go on your own idiot. You will super freaked if anything weird happen. And for god’s sake, I would never let you in danger idiot.

Words he can’t say out loud for his condition now and also the things that he never had the courage to say all this time since he was afraid that if he does, it will be over with their relationship. D.O knows Namjoo well enough to know that she will put a distance to anybody she felt uncomfortable with. And that is what he is afraid of, Namjoo being far away from him. And that is why he decided to let his feelings hidden all this time.

 


 

“Things are being too quiet when the Tom and Jerry couple are not fighting.”

“Agreed on that statement Park Chanyeol.”

Both Chanyeol and Lay are right. Things are way too quiet when the official Tom and Jerry and not bickering and shouting at each other. Well, how could that happen? D.O lost his voice and without D.O, what could Namjoo do anyway?

The group was having lunch at the cafeteria when Eunji came and tapped D.O to follow her leaving confusions and questions from the others, both EXO and Apink.

When the two arrived at a quiet and deserted place in the school, Eunji finally faced D.O with her arms overlapping each other.

“Come on, when will you spill the truth and just tell Namjoo how you feel Do Kyungsoo? And don’t even bother to use that fake ‘I lost my voice’ act. It won’t work on me.” D.O looked slightly alarmed when Eunji said that with an annoyed expression clearly showing on her face.

“Don’t bother to ask how I know. I am Jung Eunji. Your act didn’t work on me Kyungsoo and it never will. Back to the main point. When are you going to tell Namjoo?”

“How did you know?” Eunji rolled her eyes at D.O’s attempt to change the subject but she answered the boy’s question.

“Please Do Kyungsoo. I played tons of pranks to people with my mighty acting and yours doesn’t even affect me. I can tell from the get go you were lying about the ‘I lost my voice’ act. Now, back to the point dude, when will you tell her about how you felt?”

“Not in the nearest time. Never maybe? Anyway, why do you care if I don’t tell her? Plus, how do you know about this anyway?”

“You are trying to change the topic again. Why never? I care because Namjoo is my lovely little sister and it hurts me to see the my friends being torture by the cruel reality of the stupid Cupid’s work. And to answer how I know. Well, you might want to ask the old derp Chanyeol for that. He blurted that out of nowhere.”

D.O clenched his fist. The old Park Chanyeol is so going to get it. Best friends or not, the dude is going down!

“I just don’t want her to distant herself from me if I do. That will literally break me. Even if she rejects me it would be fine but what if she gets even further way from me?”

“Really, Do Kyungsoo. You are thinking things way to hard and making them more complicated than it is supposed to be.” looking at the silence surrounding them and the D.O that is hanging his head down low, Eunji sighed.

“Fine. I won’t meddle in you love-life but please do tell her. You will regret it if you don’t Stop being a chicken and man up Kyungsoo-yah. Don’t do things that you will later regret for the rest of your life. Unlike someone I know very well.” Eunji only murmured the last sentence and luckily D.O didn’t heard it. Eunji left the dumb-found D.O who is still thinking things through.

 

 


 

This is it. He is finally going to do it. With a pink and white rose in his hands, D.O is not looking pretty well as he kept walking back and forth around the small garden that was quiet and  deserted at the time. Well, its already 5 p.m. its normal that no one is there.

After having that small conversation with Eunji, D.O realized that the girl was saying things that makes sense. He need to put an end to all this. He need to let it out. Whether Namjoo rejects him, it doesn’t matter. As long his feelings is known to her.  That would be enough for him.

For now, he is still waiting for Kim Namjoo.

“Where is that girl anyway. I wrote 4.30. She is off behind schedule .” even when he is nervous, he still nags. Really Do Kyungsoo.

“I see you got your voice back there Do Kyungsoo?”

A voice that came from the back sorta surprised D.O and when he spun around, only to be greet by the smiling Namjoo who was tapping her feet to the ground with a facial expression that clearly demands an explanation from the boy.

“Okay, before you beat me up for lying. Hear me out first.” Namjoo nodded as she took a seat on a bench nearby while giving a signal to D.O to carry on. D.O took a deep breath deeply before letting it out. After making sure he was ready, he opened his eyes and look at the beautiful girl in front of him right now.

“Namjoo-yah. I know this will be a bit of a shock for you but please hear me out on this. Kim Namjoo. We first met in pre-school. I still remember when you spilled your strawberry-flavored ice-cream and you were crying like there was no tomorrow. But you piped down when I gave you mine. The second that beautiful smile carved on your face that day, I fell for your charms already. Even when I was only 7 at that time. You left a great impression on me Namjoo-ah.”

“Your laugh. Your jokes. Those never fail to made my day even better than before. You brought a new meaning to me Namjoo-ah. And all of your charms made me to stick to you all these years. To watch over you and also to be by your side at all cost. That is because I love you Kim Namjoo. ”

“Sorry I took such a long time for say all this. I know that you are bound to reject this but I hope even if you do, please let me stay by your side. As a friend maybe?” after letting all off his chest, D.O finally stopped only to fine Namjoo with a emotion-less expression on her face. D.O sighed. He should have known. Slowly, D.O smiled and was about to walk away when a sudden back hug stopped him half-way.

Surprised, he turn around. Namjoo was smiling the brightest smile he had ever seen. Still, he was dumb-found by Namjoo’s actions. He simply thought she has rejected him. But how?

“Took you long enough to get that out. I had been waiting for almost 10 years to get those words out of you, you idiot Do Kyungsoo!”

“But-How did you know? Don’t tell me Eunji told you?”

“She doesn’t need to. I knew it from the very beginning.”

“But why you never said a word about this all these years?”

“I am a girl too you know.  I am bound to be embarrassed. That is why I waited. But who knew that it took you that long to get those out?”

D.O gaped. So Namjoo knew all along? He just made a fool out of himself for the past 10 years. Great work Do Kyungsoo. Great work indeed.

“So, what do we do now?” ask D.O a bit confused and a slight innocent feel in his words. Well, as for Namjoo, she watched enough dramas to know what happens next.

“Man, looks like I need to be the one to start the first move.”

Namjoo pulled D.O for a slight peck on the plump lips of him and she took off. Leaving Do Kyungsoo who was still surprised. After he regain consciousness, he smiled. Kim Namjoo. She sure is different from others.

Without waiting any more, D.O went after Namjoo who was laughing in joy with Do Kyungsoo, her boyfriend chasing her around the school.

 


 

A bit of a dissapointment right? I know. I am not good with fluff... Honestly I was a bit dissapointed when only one of you commented on the last chapter. Was it that bad? Sorry if it was. Maybe it was because my note was bit harsh on the last chapter? I am sorry for that too. So please my dear subbies. Do comment about the shots. Next will be the last one and its for Eunji. So, wait for it... ^^

-dewdrops