Final

Simple As That

Cr : Exopink fanpage on FB

 


 

Seconds, minutes and hours ticks away. Months pass and seasons change. The years also goes around. And without anyone noticed it, apparently almost 6 years has passed since they were in high school. As for now, most of them are furthering their studies. Some already has a job. Others are still having a care-free time. While some already built a small yet happy family.

6 years. Who knew that time could fly so fast without a single person noticed it over the years. And after those 6 years too, Jung Eunji has finally returned home to her home country, Korea. After high school, due to her exceptional grades she was offered a scholarship by a university in Norway to do any type of course she prefers. For Jung Eunji, she picked the course that she had adored and admired over the years.

And that is none other than journalism. Most people was a bit shocked and surprise when they found out Eunji was going to pursue journalism when she took the science stream back in high school. Well, from science to literature that is quite a difference.

But when it comes to what you love doing, you have to listen to your heart. Whatever it tells you, it might be the right thing something. And Eunji never regretted her decision one bit. She praised herself for making such a decision. Well, her decision is the one that determines her life so no one could ever made a best decision except for her herself.

After 6 years spending her time in Norway and probably all across the globe to dig in for information and knowledge, Eunji is finally back to her beloved country. The one that she left for so long just so she can pursue her dreams. She just got back to Korea 2 months ago and for those 2 months, she spend her time in her birth-town which is none other than Busan. She can really see some changes within the past 6 years she has left. First of all, her families seems to change a lot. Her parents seems to get older by the minute but they are the ones that Eunji missed the most in her entire journey. Her brother, Minki got bigger and taller. Now, even taller than Eunji herself. How much the boy have grown.

After 2 months wasting her time on doing nothing, Eunji is finally back to the city that have tons of memories and stories in her past. Seoul. It has been forever since she left and much changes could be seen. The buildings are taller, the streets are much more crowded and the people are getting busy than ever.

But then again, she came for Seoul is to start on her job. Not much of a job really when she have a degree in journalism. With the money she have collected over the past year, she managed to buy herself and apartment. Its not big or extravagant or anything but it is cozy for a woman in her early 20’s to stay in. Slowly, she began to start on a new idea.

She is a writer anyway. That’s right. Jung Eunji is a writer. Over the past 6 years, she have published several books. In English of course and even though her writing is not much popular compared to the other authors, her piece was well accepted in the States. As for now, she is focusing to write a new piece so it can be published in her home country.

Eunji was squeezing the idea of her brain for quite sometime now when the doorbell of her apartment was ringed several time. Curious, she got out and head towards the door. She peeked onto the small hole on the door and a smile carved on her face.

“Yah Jung Eunji, open up!” that came from none other than her best friend, Yoon Bomi. Next to her, stands a bloated Park Chorong. Eunji opened the door and greet her two best friends with a hug before inviting the two into her small apartment. After making sure the two were sitting comfortably on the couch in the living room, Eunji went to the kitchen to fix up some tea and perhaps some snacks.

“What made you two came here? And without both of your hubbies too that is.” as she placed the snacks and 3 cups of tea from the tray. She handed the cup to Chorong knowing that the chubby woman won’t be able to reach the cup from the couch anymore. Eunji smiled as she patted and rubbed Chorong’s belly that became huge for the past 7 months. It is Chorong’s first pregnancy and Eunji already knew about it beforehand when she was still overseas since the friends still kept in touch despite the distance between each other.

“How is my little niece slash nephew today? You are behaving yourself right? Don’t trouble your mother too much. She can hardly walk with you in her right now.” Chorong just giggled as Eunji talked to the little ones in her.

“I just went to a scan with Bomi just now, you are getting both a niece and nephew missy.”

“Really? No wonder you look too big unnie.” Chorong was about to smack Eunji in the head but with the condition she is in right now, she just doesn’t have the strength to do so leaving both Bomi and Eunji laughing.

“Unnie, you shouldn’t put you now. The elders said if you pout went you are carrying, the baby will come out with a face that is not so pretty.” hearing Bomi’s words, Chorong stopped pouting.

“Well, that’s all for teasing the pregnant lady. What about you yourself Mrs. Wu? You yourself have good news regarding the same matter as me.” Eunji’s eyes widened as she look over to a red blushing Bomi. It can’t be.

“Bomi, is Chorong-unnie saying the truth? You are preg-pregnant?!” Bomi lowered her head more.

“Its true but you two must promise not to tell anyone about this got it? No one except Chorong unnie and you found out about this.”

“Wait, that means even Kris have no idea about this too?”

“She just found out about this just now when she went to accompany me for a check-up. Who knew she will faint in the middle of the doctor’s office, they immediately run tests on her and the next thing I know, they said she is pregnant. Its only 4 weeks old. No wonder you have such a serious appetite nowadays Bomi-ah.” Chorong who was eating a croissant acts as the story teller.

“That is why I want to keep it as a secret. I want to make it as a surprise to him. So please, not a word of this to anyone.” Eunji and Chorong nodded as they agree to kept the news as a secret for now that is. Eunji smiled as she look at two of her friends. They radiates a lot now. Maybe it’s because of the pregnancy. That or they are just happy with their married life.

“Ouh, that reminds me. Naeun told me to spread the word to you about her engagement party. She wants all of us to come. You heard of it don’t you?”

“Heard it. Its tomorrow right? Aigoo. Even Naeun is getting married. And I am being the only one who is left as a single. That is surely frustrating.”

“Then just get married Jung Eunji!”

“I don’t even have a boyfriend. Besides, I have no particular feelings to any dude right now.” Lie. Jung Eunji is lying. There is one person. The one that stayed the longest in her heart. But then again, she should have throw that feelings when she has the chance but unfortunately she was never able to.

“Aigoo. Why don’t you just get together with Baekhyun? He is still single anyway. Plus, he too never dated anyone so I am sure that he never kept feelings for anybody. You two should just get together and get married to each other.” Eunji was stunned by Bomi’s sudden words. That was totally uncalled for and plus, she doesn’t know why but her heart beats faster than it should be when the sudden mention of Byun Baekhyun came into the sudden conversation.

“Don’t be silly Yoon Bomi. How in the heavens I would get together with him? We never have any interactions what-so-ever.” Bomi and Chorong glance to Eunji who seems to be a bit bumped by the name.

 


 

It has been a while since both Bomi and Chorong left. And the three friends surely had some catching up moments between them. Now, Eunji is left alone in her apartment when fragments of her high school memories came to her. Memories of her stalking Baekhyun to be precise. She sighed. How desperate she must have seem? She chuckled at the thought. How immature she was back then and not to mention how immature she is right now. For until now, Jung Eunji still can’t get her first love of her mind.

 

 


 

This is it. After such a long time, they are finally getting back. The total of 18 goofballs back in high school is finally reunited. After Naeun and Kai’s engagement party, they thought it is better to reserve a restaurant nearby all to themselves while catch up to each other’s life. And so here they are, talking to each other, laughing and having a great time.

For now, most of the girls there are sitting next to the respective spouse. Chorong being the pregnant woman she is, Luhan can’t seem to let her to be alone. Tending to her with so much care and love. Bomi and Kris on the other hand is being a bit too mushy that usual as Kris only payed attention to his wife beside him. Maybe its because Bomi already broke the secret news to him. Same goes for the happy couple of the day. Kai and Naeun were in their own world. Namjoo and D.O being newly-wed is being greasy as ever. While Hayoung and Sehun was whispering things that only they know. The two has already been engaged to each other a few months ago before Kai and Naeun.

Eunji despite being the single one kept a poker face as she made sure she herself is having fun for her own sake. And also to hid the nervous and her heart that is pounding so hard at the sight of Byun Baekhyun.

 

 


 

It has been close to midnight as they decide to end the party. Eunji was giving each and everyone of her lovely friends hugs especially for the pregnant ones such as Chorong and Bomi. She didn’t mind to be the last one to leave. She is single anyway. But when she thought she was the only one left, it turns out there is still someone behind.

“Want a ride?” Eunji was going to no but unfortunately Byun Baekhyun wasn’t going to take a NO as answer. Reluctantly, Eunji agreed. And so the awkward ride in Baekhyun’s car heading towards Eunji’s apartment begins. Silence filled the car as both never made any room for any conversation. Only the songs from radio accompanied them.

Soon, they reached Eunji’s apartment building. Eunji was about to enter the complex when Baekhyun stopped her.

“Can we talk for a while?”

“Sure. Come on up.”

“No, not in your apartment. Is there any park nearby?” Eunji nodded as she lead the way with a heart that is beating faster as she step.

The two reached the park and Eunji took a seat on a swing nearby and start to swing herself slowly. Baekhyun took the seat next to her.

“What is it you want to talk about?”

“About us?”

“There was no such thing as ‘us’ Baekhyun-ah.”

“Who says so? You can’t lie that you used to have feelings for me since high school and it seems you still have it don’t you?”

“You realized huh? I should have known. Yes, I still have feelings for you Byun Baekhyun. Is that all? If that is it, I will take my leave now.” Eunji was about to get out of the park but before she could, Baekhyun grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her back only to see Jung Eunji with pools of tears in her eyes. She was trying to hide it but her efforts were futile.

“If this is one of your plans to make sure you are right. You have done it. Now, just let go of me and let’s just forget any of this ever happen shall we?”

“Why do you always try to avoid me Jung Eunji?”

“That is because it hurts Byun Baekhyun. It hurts! It hurts how I kept this sort of feelings for you all these years when I know that you will never return them. I made a fool out of myself when I knew the total truth!”

Before Eunji can spill her entire hearts more, Baekhyun pulled her head closer to his and a long kiss on her lips to make sure she pipes down. Eunji’s eyes widened by the sudden action from Baekhyun. After a while, Baekhyun finally broke the kiss leaving a dumb-found Eunji.

“You never let me explain myself Jung Eunji. Did you never notice the secret glances that I did whenever you were around? You were so sure of me liking someone else. How it never it occurred to you that the person is you? I have been watching you all those time. My heart was yours before I even knew it myself but you never seems to have notice. Whenever I tried to get closer to you, you kept drifting apart from me. I was never been able to come clean to you.”

Eunji’s visions was starting to become blurry by the sudden confession. When Baekhyun knelt down in front of her, her heart starts to beat faster and butterflies in her stomach starts to get giddy.

“Jung Eunji. I knew it is a bit unannounced and a bit surprising and all. But you need to know that I am sincere on doing this. I love you and I know you felt the same way too. Despite we never come clean about our real feelings to each other but you need to know that I know deep within me that this is the right thing to do and I am exceptionally glad that you are the one that is standing in front of me right now. So, what do you say Jung Eunji? Will you, marry me?” with a small red velvet box in his right hand, he opened it only to reveal a shining white gold ring and a small yet magnificent diamond on top.

“I have kept my heart to one person and only one person all these years Byun Baekhyun. No matter how hard I tried, I was never capable enough to get him out of my heart. Yet, I never regretted it one bit. The question that you are asking right now is totally unreasonable. You idiot. Of course I will marry you. You are the only one that made me this miserable. It is fair enough that you take responsibility.”

With that, the ring is slipped on Eunji and with hands in each other, the two confessed their love. The one that has been ignored for almost 6 years. But then again, love is quite a mystery. It brings pain and joy at the same time. No one can say for sure that they figured out love right? But then again, love is a beautiful thing. Sometime it could be complex. But it can also being simple. It only takes a certain passion for each other to make sure that the love they have for each other is un-separable.

 


 

since there is tons of people that sorta ask me to make a sequel for Simple As That but I guess I can't since I am pretty busy. So, I just made another one shot. This is situated maybe 6 years after high school. They are probably in the age range of 22-23 or something close like that. Hope you like it. Then, this is the real final. Hope you like it. And sorry if it is too boring. I apologise on that once again. Please comment lots and lots.. ^^

-dewdrops