Chapter Nine

The Ghost Of You

"Tao, I'm home!" Kris called, shutting the door behind him. Tao was no where to be found in the living room. That's odd. He thought as he sat down his things. "Tao?" He called again, walking into the kitchen. He noticed the empty ice cream cartons on the counter and the many assortments of toppings strewed all over the place.

"Hmmm," He mused, turning to head down the hallway. "Ice cream, empty bowls, and Lay was over here today." He stopped in his tracks. "Uh, oh, HunLay had a fight." He began power walking down the hallway, searching frantically for his fiance.

"Zitao, where are you?" He opened his bedroom door and found his lover passed out on their bed, curled into a ball. He smiled sweetly at the sight. "Poor thing," He slipped off his jacket and let it fall to the floor, slowly making his way to his bed. "Tao." He called softly, sitting down next to the younger's sleeping figure.

He gently moved Tao's hair out of his face, running his fingers a long the contours of his face. Tao was so beautiful, Kris had no idea how he had gotten so lucky to have him. He still remembered the first time they'd met. It was like fate smacked him in the face.

*Flashback*

"Yeah, see you later guys." Kris called over his shoulder as he walked down the hall to his first class. Suho, Xiumin, Luhan and himself, all had to meet for a project before school started, and now he was on his merry way.

His mind had been off in the clouds, and his body on auto pilot, until he felt a thud against his chest, and  small 'Ow' from the floor. When he looked down, he was met with a mess of black hair, coupled with gorgeous brown almost black eyes, and the most adorable pout he'd ever seen.

"Are you alright?" Clearly seeing him rubbing his backside. He reached his hand out to help the, obviously, younger one off of the floor. The boy looked up at him, his eye widening a bit before speaking. "I-I, uh, thanks." He mumbled, letting Kris stand him on his feet. Kris let out a small smile as stared at the younger.

"Sorry for running into you." He said, reaching down to pick up the boy's book. It was rude of him to run into him, so it was the least he could do. "N-No! It was totally my fault, I should have been watching where I was going." The boy admitted, his cheeks flaming a light shade of pink. Kris noted how adorable it was, and was wanting to see it again.

"Tao, come on! You can flirt with hot guys later!" Kris heard his other friend speak to the younger boy. So Tao was his name. Tao's cheeks turned even more red. "I-I'm not flirting!" He said, reaching for the book that Kris was holding, and suddenly pulling away. Kris noticed how his skin felt tingly when the younger touched his hand, and wondered what it was that made it happen.

Tao simply stared into his eyes, not saying a word, and Kris did the same thing. This boy, he was something special. And he wanted to get to know more of him. "Thanks for picking up my books." He muttered, his eyes never leaving Kris'.

Kris let a smile grace his lips as he placed another book in the boy's hand. "No problem." He made sure to run his hand along Tao's savoring the warm feeling in his chest. "I'm Yifan, but mot people call me Kris." He said, standing to his feet. Tao gave a small smile, peering up into Kris' eyes. "I'm Tao." he said sheepishly.

Before Kris could say anything else, Lay yanked Tao's arm pulling him away, mumbling something about lockers. He absent mindedly responded to whatever Lay had said, but his eyes never left Tao as he walked away. He wanted to know more about the beautiful boy named Tao, and made a promise to do so once Lay wasn't around.

*End Flashback*

Kris shook the younger's shoulder, making him rouse from his sleep. Tao smiled up at the older, sitting up as he rubbed his eyes. "When did you get home?" He asked, scooting closer to give him a hug. Kris smiled, placing a soft kiss on his lips. "No to long ago. When did you fall asleep?" He pulled the younger into his arms an held him close.

Tao hummed, resting his head on Kris' chest. "About an hour after Lay left." He said, snuggling into Kris. The older ran his hands through Tao's hair, lighter peppering his face with kisses as he listened to him talk. "I missed you." He whispered, kissing Tao's lips again. The younger smiled up at his lover, pulling him down onto the bed.

"I missed you to." He admitted, pulling him down for another kiss, that lasted a little bit longer than the first. Kris let his hands circle around Tao's body, pulling him even closer than he already was. He wanted so badly to feel him again. Everything about Tao drove him wild, and this memory loss set back was making him impatient.

But he knew he needed to take it slow with Tao. Even though his body may have not been a , his mind was. And he would hate to do something that would emotionally scar Tao forever. He wanted to make love to him, and that required showing every bit of love to him outside of the bedroom and in it.

"I love you, Tao." He whispered, pulling away from the younger. A dazed and confused Tao stared up at him. "I love you to, but weren't we doing something?" He asked, wondering why Kris had suddenly stopped his movements. Kris nodded, and sat up. "Yes, but I don't want to rush things." He leaned against the head board, running his fingers through his hair.

"You haven't even been home to months yet, I don't want to do something and hurt you." He looked down at his lover's eyes. "I want to have with you, you're my fiance, my lover, I love you very much. But you've also had a traumatic experience, and I don't want to do further damage to your mind." Tao his side as he listened to Kris.

"I can tell that you want to, but Tao, now is not the right time." He  the side of Tao's face, staring deeply into his eyes. "We will get back to the way things were, when the time is right." He leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. "I love you." He said, his eyes never leaving Tao's.

The younger smiled at him, reaching his arms out for Kris to hold him, to which the older happily obliged. "I love you too, Yifan." He said, nuzzling his nose into Kris' chest. Kris smiled down at him, pulling him a little closer to him. "So how was your day today?" He asked, not aware of the question that would fly out of Tao's mouth.

"Did Lay really do  with Sehun?!" He asked, sitting straight up in the bed and staring down at Kris. The older sighed, running his hands over his face.

"I'm going to kill those idiots.."

------------------------------------

[A/N:]

I AM BACK! Muhahahahaha! *Clears throat* Not sure how long it will last this time, but we'll see how it goes.

I am so so so so so sorry it took me forever to upload this. V.V But I have a good reason!

*Clears throat*

I GOT A BOYFRIEND!!! *Starts belting I Got A Boy by SNSD*

Sorry, got carried away. Anywho! Yes, My mind has been so consumed with my new beau, that I haven't even thought about these stories. LOL It took my mother, taking my phone away for the day for me to realize that I had a ton of work to do here on AFF.......I hope it doesn't happen again, but I make no promises.

Thank you for reading! Subscribe, up vote, comment for the comment ?

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3