Chapter Twelve

The Ghost Of You

"Come on," Kris said, extending his hand to Tao. The younger looked up at him quizickly, raising an eyebrow un question. "Where are we going?" He asked. It wasn't like Kris to be spontaneous, at least from what he coud tell he wasn't.

The older bent down in front of him, placing both hands on his knees. "Come on, Tao, just go with me. Don't ask questions. You trust me, don't you?" He asked, his eyes boring holes into Tao's skull.

Of course Tao trusted him, if he didn't he would have run away by now.

He nodded, giving Kris a small smile. "Yes, I trust you."

~*~

"Kris, where on earth are we going?" Tao asked, staring out the window at the rolling hills passing by. They'd been driving for God knows how long, and Tao was becoming slightly stir-crazy.

In the driver seat, Kris was smiling still not willing to reveal to his lover where he was taking him. He could hardly wait to get to their destination, knowing full well that this could possibly bring back his Tao for good. He hoped that it would work.

"Yah! Kris! Answer me! Where are you take me?!" He asked in frustration. Kris chuckled as he pulled up to a red light, leaning over to kiss his boyfriend.

"We're going back to where it all began." He said, reaching to take the other's hand. He ran his finger over Tao's ring, giving his hand a squeeze. The younger only raised a brow as he took off again, wondering what the other meant.

He thought that everything began at their high school? If that was the case, then why was he headed towards the beach?

Sighing, he looked out the window again, notcing that they'd finally made it to the coast. He had to admit he was exctied. He'd never seen a beach, at least not that he could remember. Then again, his memory was gone.

"Alright," Kris said, pulling into a parking spot and unbuckling and getting out. "Hop out, I think you'll like this surprise." He hurried around to Tao's side and waited.

Tao didn't have time to open the door himself, seeing as Kris had already done it for him. But he didn't complain, he liked it when kris was a gentleman. He took the other's hand as it was offered, a small smile on his lips. This seemed oddly familliar, but he couldn't figure out why.

His heart was beating faster, his palms were sweating, his mind was all over the place, and yet he didn't know he reason behind it. But he knew it made him happy and that was all the mattered.

"Did you know that I love you?" Kris suddenly asked, pulling him closer. He wrapped his arm around his waist as he pressed a kiss to Tao's cheek. The younger smiled wider, a soft pink blush on his cheeks as he turned to look at him. He didn't care that he couldn't see where he was walking, he wanted to see Kris.

"I do...I love you too." He said, turning back to look at the path, only to see his entire group of friends standing on the beach with his mother. "You guys!" he shrieked, stepping out of Kris' embrace and running to give them all hugs, even the kids came along. "What are you all doing here?" He asked, looking around the small group.

They all smiled at him, taking a few stpes back to reveal the sun setting on the beach. "Creating a new memory." Baekhyun said, nudging him forward. Tao looked puzzled, taking a few steps towards the water. "New memory?" He asked, looking at the beutioful orange, purple, and pink colors dancing across the surface of the water.

"That's right," Said Kris from behind him.

"But," Tao began, not understanding what was happening. "I don't-" He stopped short when he saw his boyfriend.

Kris was on his knee, holding up a big diamon ring to the other. It didn't take tao very long to realize what the other was doing, and he slowly teared up, his hands coming up to cover his shocked expression.

"Huang Zitao," Kris said, his eyes staring into Tao's. "I love you. I have always loved you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you," He choked up a little, standing to his feet. "Will you marry me?" he asked.

Tao couldn't respond, his tears getting the better of him. All he could do was nod and wipe away his tears as he threw his arms arouns Kris' neck and kissed him.

"I take that as a yes?" Kris asked, chuckling softly and slipping the ring on his finger next to his original engagement ring.

"Of course it is, Dragon!" he shouted, hugging the other close again.

Kris' eyes widened and he pulled the other away from him. "Wait, what did you call me?" He asked, a smile on his face.

Tao furrowed his brows, looking at Kris like he was crazy. "I called you Dragon." he said. Then suddenly his mind began to fill and swirl with so many memories that his brain couldn't handle it. He clutched his head, screaming momentarily as he fell to the ground.

Memories of his friends.

Memories of their weddings and children.

Memoried of his parents.

And finally memories of Kris.

So many bright and big memories of his boyfriend he was overwhelmed. He saw them first meeting, their first kiss, the first time Kris told him he loved him, the first time they made love, all of it. Everything came back as if it had never left.

"Oh my God..." he said as the pain finally dulled down. He stood to his feet with the help of Kris, looking around at everyone. "That was one crazy ride." he looked at Kris with a puzzled face. "Yifan, what are we doing here?" He said, looking around. "And why are you all crying?" he asked.

Kris let his tears fall freely down his face as he wrapped his arms around Tao's waist and lifted him off the sand. "You're back!" he cheered, kissing Tao repeatedly. Tao was to confused to try and comprehend what was going on so he just laughed, patting the other's back.

"Uh, okay? Where did I go?" He asked caustiously. Kris sat him down, giving him one more kiss.

"You were in a car crash." He said.

"Yeah, you forgot all of us, you could barely remember your mom." Chen chimed in.

Tao's eyes widened, hugging his mother as she came closer. "Really?" he asked in disbelief. "I even forgot you?" He asked, looking over at Kris. The older nodded, still smiling. "It doen't matter know, what matters is that you came back." he said.

Tao smiled, stepping away from his mother and wrapping his arms around Kris. "Oh, Yifan." he whispered, kissing the other tenderly.

Kris smiled into the kiss, squeezing Tao closer again. "I missed you, Panda." he said, pecking the other's nose. Tao smiled nuzzling against his face. "I love you, Dragon." He replied.

Tao was enjoying his moment, until he felt a tug on his pants leg. Stepping back and looking down, he saw Jongdae peering up at him. "Uncle Tao?" he asked, motioning for the other to come down to his level.

Tao chuckled, kneeling in front of him. "Yes, Jonggie?" He said.

The boy smiled giggling as he threw his arms around the other's neck. "It's you! You came back! Just like you promised!" he said, hugging him close. Tao smiled, picking up the boy in his arms and looking around at the smiling faces. "That's right, I came back." He said.

Kris stared at his lover, his eyes full of tears as he brought the other into his embrace.

"Awe , group hug!" Chanyeol cheered, hugging Kris from behind. Soone enough all of them were in one huge circle hugging.

"Thank's for coming back." Kris said, giving Tao a kiss. The younger smiled at him, laying his head against the other's shoulder.

"Glad to be back."

--------------------

Well guys, one more chapter and we're done! That's right, this is NOT the last chapter!~

Haha don't worry, I wont be as long posting the next one, I've already got it written, I just want to make sure I give everyone a chance to read this one before i post it.

Alright guys, see you next time~

Subscribe, up vote (Pretty please?), comment for the comment ?

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3